The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 09-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #226
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: Bruce's Love Interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
lol; well they may have kissed where people could see them, but based on what we saw on film, there was only a handful of people that were present in that area and we don't even know on how many actually caught them kissing other than Perry, Steve, and Jenny.

I mean, hasn't it been a canon thing in the comics that despite Lois being involved with "Clark", the public was aware that she was also good friends with "Superman" so it could be the same here.
Oh please, everyone saw Supes rubbing his bulge against Lois.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #227
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I think people are reading too much into the possible "triangle".I doubt Lois & Bruce will be madly in love with Superman as the odd man out.Lois will probably be doing a story on Bruce coming to Metropolis,with him taking her to dinner and so forth.It'll be some fun romantic tension,but I'm sure neither Lois or (especially) Bruce will take it too seriously.
I wouldn't even be for that kind of situation either to be honest. For me, the whole Bruce, Lois, Clark flirting or whatever works alot better if Lois doesn't know Clark or Bruce's identity. It gives her alot more freedom from a story standpoint to even have romantic tension and to even be a bit flirty if she's not so bound to Clark and his journey as she is in this universe so far.

I think a triangle of sorts at this point would kinda undermine what Goyer did with MOS in terms of the relationship between those two characters. I'm not saying you couldn't do both , but I would hope that part of this series of films would be more about Lois and Clark facing the world together and one of those challenges would be Bruce/Batman and the threat he could represent to Clark. That would be more interesting to me than any sort of romantic tension or a full fledged triangle.

Now I wouldn't mind if Bruce tried to flirt with her and she totally rejects him. I think that could be a very funny gag especially with Adams and Affleck playing off of each other, but I wouldn't even wanna see his flirting reciprocated by Lois. That said, if Bruce is getting a love interest , I doubt anything will happen between Bruce and Lois.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #228
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I wouldn't even be for that kind of situation either to be honest. For me, the whole Bruce, Lois, Clark flirting or whatever works alot better if Lois doesn't know Clark or Bruce's identity. It gives her alot more freedom from a story standpoint to even have romantic tension and to even be a bit flirty if she's not so bound to Clark and his journey as she is in this universe so far.

I think a triangle of sorts at this point would kinda undermine what Goyer did with MOS in terms of the relationship between those two characters. I'm not saying you couldn't do both , but I would hope that part of this series of films would be more about Lois and Clark facing the world together and one of those challenges would be Bruce/Batman and the threat he could represent to Clark. That would be more interesting to me than any sort of romantic tension or a full fledged triangle.

Now I wouldn't mind if Bruce tried to flirt with her and she totally rejects him. I think that could be a very funny gag especially with Adams and Affleck playing off of each other, but I wouldn't even wanna see his flirting reciprocated by Lois. That said, if Bruce is getting a love interest , I doubt anything will happen between Bruce and Lois.
I perfectly agree with all of this.

and like you said, it only really works, regarding the triangle that is, if Lois is unaware of the secret identities of both Clark and Bruce.

I mean the only reason why she even responded to Bruce in the animated World's Finest film is because she didn't know who Superman really was and she thought that he was emotionally unavailable.

It's not the case with MOS's take on the couple sine not only does Lois know Clark's secret, but their relationship was really built on trust and respect for each other first, which really isn't the case for a lot of comic book movie couples.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #229
p4poetic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagenspear View Post
Man, Smallville is so much fun now. It used to frustrate me watching it in my teens and early 20's, but since I've cut all emotional ties to ships in the the past few years, I gotta tell ya, my recent rewatch has been a blast. It's amazing how clear everything is. Not just on SV, but I was obsessed with Jim and Pam from THE OFFICE, it's actually what brought about my break from shipping, that ship polluted my every thought, it made me crazy, anyway I wrote fanfiction for it, it's under the same name as mine here in case anyone wants to check it out (Please review!), and reading that **** now, it's like reading a freaking foreign language man. I'm like "What the heck was I on when I wrote this crap?". Lol!
Upon reflection, its kind of the opposite for me.

Kara becomes Supergirl before Clark becomes Superman?! The total retcon switch for Clark to suddenly act like 1978 Reeve's Clark? Lois knowing his secret and nearly married already? They dropped the ball on a lot of things.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #230
p4poetic
Side-Kick

I'd like to see someone of the Jezebel Jet variety; she is a virtually unknown character to the public, so which is a plus. The only problem is, some people might object to her name.

I'd cast Rutina Wesley (True Blood) in the role.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #231
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I think that's the least of her obvious ****tiness
Yeah, cause who could hate a man who makes out with his best friend's girlfriend and threatens and tries to kill his friends over the death of his obviously psychotic father or a man who makes out with his best friend's girlfriend and willingly puts on a suit that he knows will cause him to hurt or even kill people, when you can hate a woman who gets mad and calls a man out on cheating on her, lying to her, jerking her around emotionally, and trying to break up her engagement?

Dagenspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #232
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
What does it make them? I'm curious.
Human. And prostitution is where someone performs sexual acts for payment. Which isn't what you described at all.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #233
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Yeah, cause who could hate a man who makes out with his best friend's girlfriend and threatens and tries to kill his friends over the death of his obviously psychotic father or a man who makes out with his best friend's girlfriend and willingly puts on a suit that he knows will cause him to hurt or even kill people, when you can hate a woman who gets mad and calls a man out on cheating on her, lying to her, jerking her around emotionally, and trying to break up her engagement?
Well, granted, Peter was not completely innocent from the whole mess involving MJ, I believe that she was just as responsible for a lot of that crap that went on in Raimi's trilogy.

She didn't need to keep giving Peter signals that she was still interested in pursuing something beyond being friends with him at the start of Spider-Man 2, especially when she was in a committed relationship with Jonah's son.

And even after accepting the guy's proposal, she was still interested in pursuing something with Peter.

And then, despite being in a relationship with Harry in the first film, she pretty much friend zones him, showing little interest in wanting to be intimate with the guy, and instead reciprocates Peter's feelings while gushing over Spider-Man.

And let's not forget that when the first sign of trouble comes for her in the form of her getting bad reviews for her acting performance in "Spider-Man 3", she's all..."this has to be all about me" and "why can't you understand how I feel".

Peter went through a lot of crap on his own for the last two films and he never took it out on MJ like that. Yeah, sure he didn't need to kiss Gwen at the Spider-Man day event, and perhaps it was a bad move, but he seemingly just did it for good press. So good intentions, but bad execution.

So when MJ feels like she's not getting the attention that she wants from Peter, she starts hanging out with Harry and even kisses him after that, despite still technically being involved with Peter.

I'm not going to call her the "W" word or say that she was like some prostitute, but a person would be kidding themselves to think that she wasn't a bad love interest/partner for Peter (let alone with every other guy that she was involved with).

And there's a difference between being a good person that's flawed and being a person that just constantly makes piss poor mistakes and walks over the guys that's unfortunate to get caught up with her.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #234
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

I won't defend ****ty cheats (Mary Jane) as much as I won't defend psychotic loonies (Harry)

Or maybe I can?

We're all human. We don't make the best judgment calls, at times.
Mary Jane desired, ran off with and kissed different men whilst in relationships. Poor thing couldn't make up her mind about men. She had a bad up bringing and wanted a heroic man to save her from the pain.

Harry had a bad up bringing too, no?
He wanted and sought his father's approval and love, even after he died. He tried to kill his friends. He was a messed up kid, a truly good one deep down though.

There. I've changed and defended the questionable actions of despicable people

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #235
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider View Post
This makes me sad.

Comic Mary Jane is a fantastic, wonderful character. Probably the most likeable female character in the Marvel Universe but when it comes to the general audience, their only knowledge of her is what they've seen in the movies.

They have no idea how charming and charismatic the character really is and why Peter Parker is so in love with her.
They don't care. Plenty of people are just fine not knowing. The fictional knowledge of her supposed "greatness" isn't going to change anyone's lives.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #236
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Film Mary Jane

She dumped Flash and immediately jumped into bed with, Harry. Kissed Spidey while with Harry. Dumped Harry for Peter. Dating John Jameson, wanted Peter. Ran out on wedding to John for Peter. Was with Peter when she kissed Harry.

Then after the events of SM3, slept with Snuffy, Al, Leo, Little Mo with the gimpy leg, Cheeks, Boney Bob, Cliff. Then settled for Peter again
Oh, haha I agree. I HATE film Mary Jane lol (like the comics version)

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #237
Dagenspear
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, granted, Peter was not completely innocent from the whole mess involving MJ, I believe that she was just as responsible for a lot of that crap that went on in Raimi's trilogy.

She didn't need to keep giving Peter signals that she was still interested in pursuing something beyond being friends with him at the start of Spider-Man 2, especially when she was in a committed relationship with Jonah's son.

And even after accepting the guy's proposal, she was still interested in pursuing something with Peter.

And then, despite being in a relationship with Harry in the first film, she pretty much friend zones him, showing little interest in wanting to be intimate with the guy, and instead reciprocates Peter's feelings while gushing over Spider-Man.

And let's not forget that when the first sign of trouble comes for her in the form of her getting bad reviews for her acting performance in "Spider-Man 3", she's all..."this has to be all about me" and "why can't you understand how I feel".

Peter went through a lot of crap on his own for the last two films and he never took it out on MJ like that. Yeah, sure he didn't need to kiss Gwen at the Spider-Man day event, and perhaps it was a bad move, but he seemingly just did it for good press. So good intentions, but bad execution.

So when MJ feels like she's not getting the attention that she wants from Peter, she starts hanging out with Harry and even kisses him after that, despite still technically being involved with Peter.

I'm not going to call her the "W" word or say that she was like some prostitute, but a person would be kidding themselves to think that she wasn't a bad love interest/partner for Peter (let alone with every other guy that she was involved with).

And there's a difference between being a good person that's flawed and being a person that just constantly makes piss poor mistakes and walks over the guys that's unfortunate to get caught up with her.
You'd prefer she'd let Peter walk all over her I'd take it? Because that's what he was doing. Not caring about her feelings, being self absorbed, only concerning himself with his own situation, not taking any time to give any real thought to hers. Then he cheats on her, but of course she keeps her mouth shut like the dutiful little object for men to use that you want her to be, and gives him the hell he deserves about it only when she discovers that not only does he have a personal relationship with the girl he cheated on her with that he never told her about, but that she also clearly has a crush on him and one that he obviously knew of himself. He had it coming. So they go on a break, but she goes to him regardless when she's learns of his problem, and she does the one thing he couldn't for her: She understands how he feels. And she has got him down to a tee. She knows exactly what he's out to do: Go out and get himself some reckless stupid selfish vengeance. He blows her off, and she leaves because it's no one's job to coddle someone who doesn't want nor will accept help. I'd go against Harry in the kiss before I'd go against MJ. Her and Peter are half-dead in the water and she's in a messy place emotionally, while he's not and is in best bud mode with Pete. But I don't think it's worth the time. Same with Pete gettin' hot and heavy in the rain with his supposedly best bud's girl. All parties involved are to blame. I can't hate one without hating all. Same goes for Peter trying to break up an engagement after he's missed his shot. MJ tells him she's in a relationship, one that's becoming more than companionship, she gives him a clear opening, and he doesn't go for it, so she gives him a message that's even clearer: She's not waiting anymore, she's gonna move on. Peter didn't need to send her signals either after that, but he did. He point blank asked her out, an engaged woman, and she shut him down. The whole situation was unfortunate for everyone involved to be honest. But it's something that happens all the time, and something that's not really my place to judge her or Peter on. No matter what though, none of the things you listed come even close to Peter and Harry's worst offenses: Actively making choices that they know will hurt or get someone killed in one way or another. Choices that THEY make, no one else. So why are the two men getting a slap on the wrist, while the woman gets crucified?

Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #238
Frodo
Side-Kick

I guess anytime the Raimi spiderman films come up it kinda opens alot wounds and topics of old...

Anyhow, I'd prefer to leave the bad side of the Raimi films in the past.

I also don't want a Clark, Bruce, Lois triangle of any sort , and i'd be really disappointed of Goyer couldn't come up with something more cleaver than that.

I still wouldn't be surprised if this new female character turns out to be a Goyer creation or composite of other female characters.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #239
Dk1201
Side-Kick

I really think its one of the main villains. like Poison Ivy Lady Shiva or Jezebel Jet

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #240
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Oh please, everyone saw Supes rubbing his bulge against Lois.
I can't tell if you seriously don't watch Breaking Bad.... if you don't, why do you have that avatar? Also if you don't watch it, it's literally the greatest series ever created

Old 09-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #241
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Zombie Rachel Dawes

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #242
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

Breaking Bad is overrated...and you know why?

BECAUSE THE UK WONT SHOW ONE SINGLE FRIGGIN EPISODE WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY FOR IT

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #243
Human Torch
I Can't Dance

Quote:
You'd prefer she'd let Peter walk all over her I'd take it? Because that's what he was doing. Not caring about her feelings, being self absorbed, only concerning himself with his own situation, not taking any time to give any real thought to hers. Then he cheats on her, but of course she keeps her mouth shut like the dutiful little object for men to use that you want her to be, and gives him the hell he deserves about it only when she discovers that not only does he have a personal relationship with the girl he cheated on her with that he never told her about, but that she also clearly has a crush on him and one that he obviously knew of himself. He had it coming. So they go on a break, but she goes to him regardless when she's learns of his problem, and she does the one thing he couldn't for her: She understands how he feels. And she has got him down to a tee. She knows exactly what he's out to do: Go out and get himself some reckless stupid selfish vengeance. He blows her off, and she leaves because it's no one's job to coddle someone who doesn't want nor will accept help. I'd go against Harry in the kiss before I'd go against MJ. Her and Peter are half-dead in the water and she's in a messy place emotionally, while he's not and is in best bud mode with Pete. But I don't think it's worth the time. Same with Pete gettin' hot and heavy in the rain with his supposedly best bud's girl. All parties involved are to blame. I can't hate one without hating all. Same goes for Peter trying to break up an engagement after he's missed his shot. MJ tells him she's in a relationship, one that's becoming more than companionship, she gives him a clear opening, and he doesn't go for it, so she gives him a message that's even clearer: She's not waiting anymore, she's gonna move on. Peter didn't need to send her signals either after that, but he did. He point blank asked her out, an engaged woman, and she shut him down. The whole situation was unfortunate for everyone involved to be honest. But it's something that happens all the time, and something that's not really my place to judge her or Peter on. No matter what though, none of the things you listed come even close to Peter and Harry's worst offenses: Actively making choices that they know will hurt or get someone killed in one way or another. Choices that THEY make, no one else. So why are the two men getting a slap on the wrist, while the woman gets crucified?
Very true.There really isn't just one person to blame in the MJ/Peter relationship.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #244
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Zombie Rachel Dawes
Lol

How would you guys feel if Rachel became Two-Face in TDK? ahahahah

Old 10-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #245
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

what about Yuliya Snigir for WONDER WOMAN?

IŽd like to see what an european actress can do for Wondy

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Last edited by John-An; 10-02-2013 at 08:30 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #246
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

or What about Taylor Cole.. she has the physique and the presence to be a great Wonder Woman... and now became my new top choice for Wondy..

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

Last edited by John-An; 10-02-2013 at 08:41 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #247
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

Quote:
Warner Bros.' Kevin Tsujihara Talks 'Gravity,' J.K. Rowling and Tentpole Strategy

Also on the subject of franchises, Tsujihara said that the lack of superhero movies other than the Superman and Batman franchises had been a “missed opportunity,” but added that the studio had “huge plans for a number of other DC properties on TV.” Perhaps one hint in that direction: “we need to get Wonder Woman on the big screen or TV.”
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...a-talks-643556

Does that rule out Wonder Woman being in the new movie if a TV show is still in consideration? Or does it indicate she will be in the new movie? You decide/speculate!

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:35 AM   #248
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post

Does that rule out Wonder Woman being in the new movie if a TV show is still in consideration? Or does it indicate she will be in the new movie? You decide/speculate!
Well we had two versions of Clark Kent going about in 2006 in the form of "Smallville" and "Superman Returns", and unless Warner Bros plans on merging the CW's shows of Arrow and the Flash, then we'll get a new Flash and Arrow as well for the future JL film.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #249
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post

If all things were ideal, I'd green light a full blown movie for a 2016 release date as well as a Flash/Green Lantern reboot/Aquaman/other JL member movie in the same year yesterday.

If they're still so adamant to get Wonder Woman her own movie, then the next best option I'd say would be a TV series set in the DC Cinematic Universe(like what's rumored to be supposedly going on with Arrow) which is better as we see her every week as opposed to once every few years like Superman and Batman. Plus this gets her the option of a good amount of screen-time and more character development compared to other characters that we see on the big screen.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #250
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

Eh Maybe:

Quote:
Also, I’m not feeling that report that surfaced that the female lead (which I broke) they are looking for in Batman Vs Superman is indeed Wonder Woman. Um, no. Based on sources I spoke with, the actresses that went in to audition don’t fit the Wonder Woman profile. The consensus is that they’re looking for Bruce Wayne’s love interest.
Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara Talks Wonder Woman; Ben Affleck Rumor.

Didn't Jeff Sneider actually break the news on his twitter well before the LR article?

Quote:
And now we turn our attention to that pesky STAR WARS: EPISODE VII "rumor" & the "tall woman" Warner Bros. wants for Batman's love interest.

12:14 PM - 2 Sep 13

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 10-07-2013 at 11:18 AM.
MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote