The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

View Poll Results: What show did you like better? Superman:The Animated Series or Justice League?
Superman TAS 15 27.27%
Justice League 40 72.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #26
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Default Re: What show did you like better? Superman:The Animated Series or Justice League?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman2090 View Post
Both were good, but both frustrated me. Superman was so powered down and reduced to a punching bag. I hated the fact that, in Justice League, that neither Superman or Flash could out maneuver a bad guy, but Batman could effortlessly escape. Made no sense to me at all.
Justice League didn't have great characterization of Superman or the rest of the leaguers, but I think the characters were used more in service to the stories, which were cracking.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #27
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Default Re: What show did you like better? Superman:The Animated Series or Justice League?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
I've been trying to watch Justice League on Netflix but am having a tough time moving through it. Mostly, I'm not too big of a fan of Newbern and I really can't stand the super-cheek bones. He also seems stiff and lives up the that Big Blue Boyscout view that I can't stand. TAS has more personality at this point.

But like anything, I'm sure it gets better so I probably just need to stick it out.
Tim Daly was always better to me. I guess I'm the only one here who liked STAS more.

ganon51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #28
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganon51 View Post
Tim Daly was always better to me. I guess I'm the only one here who liked STAS more.
You can count me in on that.

Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #29
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
You can count me in on that.
Then vote for it.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #30
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Then vote for it.
I haven't seen the entirety of JL or JLU so I don't think it'd be fair to vote. TAS is just my favorite at this point in viewing JL, which isn't very far.

Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #31
Steamteck
Side-Kick

I like both a lot but Justice league was richer and the character interaction was wonderful. That show is what made me refall in love with the DC characters as an adult. I went back and sought out the other TAS after that. I love them all but Batman Beyond.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #32
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
I like both a lot but Justice league was richer and the character interaction was wonderful. That show is what made me refall in love with the DC characters as an adult. I went back and sought out the other TAS after that. I love them all but Batman Beyond.
Why not Batman Beyond?

Old 10-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #33
Xandrea
Side-Kick

If Unlimited doesn't count then I have to give it to STAS. The first season of Justice League was really weak in my opinion. It's amazing how much they improved later. I like STAS just as much as BTAS.

Xandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:40 AM   #34
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Season 2 of JL and season 1 of JLU were mind blowing. I remember actually clapping at the end of the penultimate episode of season 1 of JLU. Mind blowing. As good as BTAS was I thought JL/JLU was better, so much tension and drama.
Release the rest of the Blu rays already!!!

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:06 AM   #35
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

superman the animated series. there's was always a whole lotta **** going on in jlu. too much for a half hour show.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #36
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Excellent

Old 10-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #37
The Batman
The Dark Knight

I think STAS is one of the most overrated versions of Superman, and dosen't get remembered as much as BTAS and JL because its not as remarkable as BTAS and JL.

JL/JLU however was an excellent cartoon.

As far as STAS Supes vs JL/JLU Supes, they're about even to me. People like to complain about JLTAS Supes as if he didn't curbstomp most of the people he fought from Season 2 onwards.

Last edited by The Batman; 10-02-2013 at 07:50 PM.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #38
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ You spelled underrated wrong

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #39
The Batman
The Dark Knight

STAS and the word underrated don't mix.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #40
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

STAS for me was 'meh'.

My top 3 Animated shows of all time.
1) JL/JLU
2) Spectacular Spider-Man
3) BTAS

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:02 AM   #41
Rorschach2012
$

There were some great STAS episodes with Lex, Brainiac, Darkseid and Metallo, but there were way more great JL episodes

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:05 AM   #42
smallville fan
Hero

They should make a new Superman cartoon instead of like 10 different Batman cartoons.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:22 AM   #43
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
They should make a new Superman cartoon instead of like 10 different Batman cartoons.

ala beware the batman and gl:tas.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:24 AM   #44
TheBat812
Side-Kick

I don't particularly love most of the characters in the Justice League. I'm a big fan of Superman and Batman, primarily. Flash, to an extent. So by that token, I prefered STAS. I certainly enjoy Justice League as well.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #45
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
I don't particularly love most of the characters in the Justice League. I'm a big fan of Superman and Batman, primarily. Flash, to an extent. So by that token, I prefered STAS. I certainly enjoy Justice League as well.
This.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #46
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

JL/JLU didn't have Lois Lane.

Nuff Said.

We are T. H. E. M.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #47
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post

ala beware the batman and gl:tas.
This.

It's not hard coming up with story lines or ideas that could be kid friendly. They could draw from any of the 75+ years worth of stories from most places. They could even bring in the writers for the current "Adventures of Superman" comic(which is pretty kid-friendly) for ideas. Heck, they could even pay homage to Smallville's "Freak of the Week" episodes by bringing in wacky Kryptonite mutants wrecking havoc in Metropolis. Then you have overarching plots of Lex Luthor, Brainiac and Darkseid per season, with the last one a possible vehicle for a Justice League team-up.

There you go WB/DC. I just mapped out the first 3 seasons for you, now stop milking the Batman cow for animated series ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post

Nuff Said.
Lois Lane was in JL/JLU

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #48
ganon51
Stay Awesome my friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post

Nuff Said.
Uh...yes she was. Barely appeared in the show, but she was still present.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #49
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Yeah, I'm surprised we haven't had a new Superman series to coincide with Man of Steel.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #50
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Quote:
Uh...yes she was. Barely appeared in the show, but she was still present.
C'mon,you know I'm talking about a decent sized role.Not a guest spot once or twice.

We are T. H. E. M.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote