The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Books and Music

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #801
Buford The Sly
Hit'n the deck
 
Buford The Sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Outside Suburban Tempe
Posts: 1,337
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

Clues:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Who they worship. The god of many faces = death = the great Other.
2. Jaqen H' Ghar was on his way to the wall and then turned around and went to Old Town and is getting cozy with Sam. Why? He wants Sam's horn (and probably the Dragon book from the citadel).
3. In their origin story the kindly man tells Arya, it's clear that they have no love for Dragons.
4. In Dany's HoTU visions there's a black and white (the colors of the faceless men) door that guards the Undying Ones.
5. The boat full of escaping Wildings curiously just happened to show up in Braavos.
6. Dany also symbolically sees the ants going around and over a barrier (the wall) at the end of ADWD.
7. RE: Arya. Melisandre tells Jon that his "sister" is coming. Well we all know his real sister isn't the one that arrived at the wall. Also the show kind of dropped a book spoiler when she told Arya that they'd meet again.
There's a lot more if you want to dive deeper here's a good link discussing these theroies http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...piracy-theory/ It goes into Varys and all sorts of things that make a lot of sense.

RE: Valyrian demons
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I don't think there is another "fire force" besides the dragons.

Buford The Sly is offline  
Old 10-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #802
Victarion
The Iron Captain
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,475
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

What do you think about Victarion
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
giving Dany the dragon horn in exchange for being appointed a lord of the Iron Islands once she retakes the Iron Throne?


Given what the horn does and who its master is, and what is necessary to have a new master of the horn, this seem most likely. I really hope
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Victarion doesn't decide to blow the horn anyway, given what it does to the blower. Of course, perhaps whatever Moquorro did to heal Victarion gave his viscera the ability to resist the horn's fire magic.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
I always finish TDK very angry.
Victarion is offline  
Old 10-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #803
Buford The Sly
Hit'n the deck
 
Buford The Sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Outside Suburban Tempe
Posts: 1,337
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
What do you think about Victarion
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
giving Dany the dragon horn in exchange for being appointed a lord of the Iron Islands once she retakes the Iron Throne?


Given what the horn does and who its master is, and what is necessary to have a new master of the horn, this seem most likely. I really hope
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Victarion doesn't decide to blow the horn anyway, given what it does to the blower. Of course, perhaps whatever Moquorro did to heal Victarion gave his viscera the ability to resist the horn's fire magic.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I don't know if Dany and Victarion will even interact the way things are headed. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Dany had to go to Westeros by herself on the back of Drogon. Now a Tyrion and Victarion deal I can see happening. Remember Tyrion knows a bit about Dragons. The book he was reading when he was on the way to the wall with Jon Snow was about Dragons. And he tells Jon about his dreams of riding dragons.

Buford The Sly is offline  
Old 10-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #804
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 14,910
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

8 Chapters left in AFFC and Brienne has turned into one of my favorite characters, never thought this would happen.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #805
Buford The Sly
Hit'n the deck
 
Buford The Sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Outside Suburban Tempe
Posts: 1,337
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

I think with the casting of Bloodraven we will see Bran
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
progressing through his story at a much quicker pace than the rest of the characters. I think they did this for two reasons. One, it will serve to start explaining/expanding upon the more fantasy elements of the story. Two, it allows them to leave Bran's story for extended lengths of time to explain why the kid is growing up so fast. I can't wait to see how they handle the wierwood "warging". I hope we see Sean Bean again through that. Arya's going to be another problem. So I could see them speeding up her story to get to her training as well. She may be in Bravos before the end of this coming season.

Buford The Sly is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #806
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 38,957
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

With Arya

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I think they'll either keep her in Westeros or have Jaqen return and be her mentor instead of the Kindly Man. So far, it hasn't been important that Jaqen supposedly went to the Citadel.

Spidey-Bat is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #807
Swordmaster
Big Damn Hero
 
Swordmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Outer Haven
Posts: 12,381
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Well he did meet up with Sam at the end of A Feast for Crows, a cliffhanger that won't be resolved until the next book because half of A Dance of Dragons was devoted to Dany being sexually frustrated.

Yes I'm still bitter over that.

__________________
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins. But in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.

Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Swordmaster is offline  
Old 10-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #808
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR
 
CrypticOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 9,704
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Well he did meet up with Sam at the end of A Feast for Crows, a cliffhanger that won't be resolved until the next book because half of A Dance of Dragons was devoted to Dany being sexually frustrated.

Yes I'm still bitter over that.
Yep. This is the most intriguing meeting, I want to see what happens.

__________________
ALWAYS SUPPORTING:
DENVER BRONCOS | HIP-HOP & HEAVY METAL | MMA
CrypticOne is offline  
Old 10-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #809
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick
 
Infinity9999x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,309
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Well he did meet up with Sam at the end of A Feast for Crows, a cliffhanger that won't be resolved until the next book because half of A Dance of Dragons was devoted to Dany being sexually frustrated.

Yes I'm still bitter over that.
While reading the book, that bugged me too.

In the show? ...I'll allow it...

__________________


my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down


X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #810
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 14,910
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

I just started Book 5 and man its good to catch up with some of these characters.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #811
Buford The Sly
Hit'n the deck
 
Buford The Sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Outside Suburban Tempe
Posts: 1,337
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
With Arya

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I think they'll either keep her in Westeros or have Jaqen return and be her mentor instead of the Kindly Man. So far, it hasn't been important that Jaqen supposedly went to the Citadel.
I would be so against that. It's pretty clear that he's on some kind of mission there at the Citadel.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Sam's horn is my guess. I think Sam's a goner

Buford The Sly is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #812
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung
 
Colossal Spoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A bar on Oa
Posts: 61,826
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
I just started Book 5 and man its good to catch up with some of these characters.
Wish I could see your face at the end

__________________
Once you get over the need to prove everybody wrong and "correct" opinions you disagree with, the internet becomes a much more pleasant and less frustrating place.
Colossal Spoons is offline  
Old 10-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #813
Baramos
Side-Kick
 
Baramos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 770
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

Does anyone think they'll bother putting Aeron in the show at all? There's clearly some backstory to the character alluded to with that "screeching hinge" thing, but that's about it...he really seems combinable with Victarion.

Baramos is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #814
Buford The Sly
Hit'n the deck
 
Buford The Sly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Outside Suburban Tempe
Posts: 1,337
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
Does anyone think they'll bother putting Aeron in the show at all? There's clearly some backstory to the character alluded to with that "screeching hinge" thing, but that's about it...he really seems combinable with Victarion.
I think the next book will have to determine that. At this point that seems feasible. However there are rumblings that he has some important things to do in the Winds of Winter.

Buford The Sly is offline  
Old 10-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #815
Victarion
The Iron Captain
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,475
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
Does anyone think they'll bother putting Aeron in the show at all? There's clearly some backstory to the character alluded to with that "screeching hinge" thing, but that's about it...he really seems combinable with Victarion.
Have you read ADWD?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I don't think Aeron would've liked Victarion's sacrifice to all three gods, nor his acceptance of R'hllor's blessing.


I've heard the same, Buford, on the Westeros forums. I believe it was from George himself.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
I always finish TDK very angry.
Victarion is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #816
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,153
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books


__________________
STAR WARS
Returns 2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now  
Old 11-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #817
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 62,757
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

That official?

__________________
"GET THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF MY ****IN' SNATCH."
- Vice President Selina Meyer


Sawyer is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #818
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,153
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

I doubt it, i just found it and thought it was a cool cover.

__________________
STAR WARS
Returns 2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now  
Old 11-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #819
Victarion
The Iron Captain
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,475
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

The Moose made you do it, huh?

Has George said anything about a release date?

Am I the only one who prefers A Time for Wolves to Book VII's current title?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
I always finish TDK very angry.
Victarion is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #820
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 38,957
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

I like A Time for Wolves more, but I think A Dream of Spring also works. It seems appropriate for a bittersweet ending that we're likely to get. A Time for Wolves kinda sounds like the Starks will get their revenge.

Spidey-Bat is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #821
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 62,757
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

A Dream of Spring sounds more ASOIAF than A Time For Wolves, IMO.

__________________
"GET THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF MY ****IN' SNATCH."
- Vice President Selina Meyer


Sawyer is offline  
Old 11-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #822
Victarion
The Iron Captain
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,475
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
A Dream of Spring sounds more ASOIAF than A Time For Wolves, IMO.
It brought to mind a title that would fit more with The Wheel of Time, for me.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
I always finish TDK very angry.
Victarion is offline  
Old 11-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #823
Ezio Auditore
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Animus 2.0
Posts: 157
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

finally i've read all 5 books and now i'm able to enter this post

this are my thoughts on ADWD(of course, spoilers):
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I LOVED jon's chapters and everything that happened in the North (Reek,Asha,Stannis,Melisandre, the whole plot in Winterfell, and the Bran storyline)
i love that Manderly is fooling the Boltons (or at least i think he is). Wonder what will happen with Davos.
i also liked Arya's chapters a lot. on the other hand..... Daenery's chapters where the worst i have read so far in the series, they just bore me, and now even more because of no Jorah.
Tyrion's chapters where good until half the book when he was captured along with Penny and Mormont.
And i certainly believe that the Prince Aegon this is all fake (at least i got that from what Quaithie says to Daenerys)


great book still: 9/10


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford The Sly View Post
I think with the casting of Bloodraven we will see Bran
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
progressing through his story at a much quicker pace than the rest of the characters. I think they did this for two reasons. One, it will serve to start explaining/expanding upon the more fantasy elements of the story. Two, it allows them to leave Bran's story for extended lengths of time to explain why the kid is growing up so fast. I can't wait to see how they handle the wierwood "warging". I hope we see Sean Bean again through that. Arya's going to be another problem. So I could see them speeding up her story to get to her training as well. She may be in Bravos before the end of this coming season.
that was exactly what i though!!
in fact:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Sean Bean once said in an interview that he would like to return at least in flashback form..... well, this could fulfill his wishes .
i swear the moment Sean Bean appears praying for Robb and Jon to grow as brothers it will be better than Porn haha.



also i wonder how they are going to deal with the
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"Arya" and Ramsay's wedding. i don't think Jeyne Poole has been cast right? i guess they will put a random wooman and won't include Jeyne.


okay i'm done
and sorry for my awful english!

Ezio Auditore is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #824
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 62,757
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2031...760361,00.html

How was I not aware of this?

__________________
"GET THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF MY ****IN' SNATCH."
- Vice President Selina Meyer


Sawyer is offline  
Old 11-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #825
Victarion
The Iron Captain
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,475
Default Re: A Song of Ice and Fire books

He has such a lovely smirk. Is that a physical book or EBook only?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
I always finish TDK very angry.
Victarion is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.