The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #601
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread

Nice to have this confirmed. Solid choice in a beautiful and talented young actress.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #602
Pond
Side-Kick

No, thats not what i mean with evolved. Im just not saying mutant, cause its illegal. You mean evolved as in improved and/or changed. But the diference between a mutant and a normal superheroe, is that one was given something to get a power, while the other just changed naturally; his superpower come from theire nature not a change provoked by will or accident.

Captain America got a serum and spiderman got bit by a spider; Storm was born that way. Thats what makes a difference between a mutant, a creature of evolution (thats why "evolved" instaed of the word mutant, wich i cant use) and aregular superhero.

In what i was saying, they would be mutants. Theyre powers came naturally. If they were experimented on, like i said, they would still get theyre superpowrs from a normal evolution of theyre nature, in essence, so they would still be mutants, theyre evolution accelerated. Im afraid though the diference between regular superhero and mutant would be there, but far thinner, dramatically.

They would still be mutants, but to the question as of why only two people would naturally evolve in the whole world there could be an explanation.

Dont get me wrong, i like your idea much better, i just was trying to make my point clearer.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #603
mclay18
Side-Kick

I'm glad Elizabeth Olsen is officially in this role. She was terrific in Martha Marcy May Marlene.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 10-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #604
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

It's not lazy, it's saying the same thing except it's not using the words mutant.
To go out of you way to define it as something else is ridiculous to me unless you were forced to.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #605
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
No, thats not what i mean with evolved. Im just not saying mutant, cause its illegal. You mean evolved as in improved and/or changed. But the diference between a mutant and a normal superheroe, is that one was given something to get a power, while the other just changed naturally; his superpower come from theire nature not a change provoked by will or accident.

Captain America got a serum and spiderman got bit by a spider; Storm was born that way. Thats what makes a difference between a mutant, a creature of evolution (thats why "evolved" instaed of the word mutant, wich i cant use) and aregular superhero.

In what i was saying, they would be mutants. Theyre powers came naturally. If they were experimented on, like i said, they would still get theyre superpowrs from a normal evolution of theyre nature, in essence, so they would still be mutants, theyre evolution accelerated. Im afraid though the diference between regular superhero and mutant would be there, but far thinner, dramatically.

They would still be mutants, but to the question as of why only two people would naturally evolve in the whole world there could be an explanation.

Dont get me wrong, i like your idea much better, i just was trying to make my point clearer.
Ah okay I see what you meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
It's not lazy, it's saying the same thing except it's not using the words mutant.
To go out of you way to define it as something else is ridiculous to me unless you were forced to.
It is lazy. Just saying "she was born with them" is lazy. It's not just not calling her a mutant, it's not giving an explanation for WHY she has powers at all in this univer grounded in reality where people are not just born with powers. There's no point in making her a mutant, or any other characters for that matter, when you can't call her a mutant. And her and Quicksilver would be the only people who are born with powers in this universe because all Marvel characters besides mutants have scientific backgrounds from their powers, whether they be of extraterrestrial origin or otherwise. Without mutants, people are not just born with powers in the Marvel universe. And Marvel will work within those parameters with the twins. Which is why they've been pushing the idea of people trying to copy the super soldier serum so hard (tieing both Hulk's origin and Extremis to it).

Old 10-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #606
Tymminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post

It is lazy. Just saying "she was born with them" is lazy. It's not just not calling her a mutant, it's not giving an explanation for WHY she has powers at all in this univer grounded in reality where people are not just born with powers. There's no point in making her a mutant, or any other characters for that matter, when you can't call her a mutant. And her and Quicksilver would be the only people who are born with powers in this universe because all Marvel characters besides mutants have scientific backgrounds from their powers, whether they be of extraterrestrial origin or otherwise. Without mutants, people are not just born with powers in the Marvel universe. And Marvel will work within those parameters with the twins. Which is why they've been pushing the idea of people trying to copy the super soldier serum so hard (tieing both Hulk's origin and Extremis to it).
Then we just will have to agree to disagree. saying she was born with them IS giving an explaination, she was BORN WITH THEM.

To me saying she is born with them, its just as lazy as saying they are a mutant in the very first place. (and actually, I have to say i do think Marvel did go nuts in the "mutant origin generator" button a while back)

The public seriously won't care and the fans will get the hint. That way in case anything ever changed in the future you won't have to retcon them from bieng anything else.

For example on a non-comic character, Carrie from S. King doesn't have be called a mutant, it's enough that you know she was born like that (I have not read the book in over 35 years, so I'm guessing) and thats all you really need to know.

The only thing I'm saying is, do NOT mention being a mutant or having an "X-gene"

It's been long established that to be really classified a a mutant, you must have the "X-gene", and in the Marvel Universe being born with powers the same as them being automatically a mutant.

Daisy Johnson for example, was born with her powers, but Marvel went out of the way to say she is actually NOT a mutant, she does not have the X-gene and her powers were the result of "genetic junk" that she got from her Dad's side.

Safest thing to do, IMHO is for now, not have them strictly define it, just say Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were born with it and simply do not define it any more than that.

But hey, you have your opinion and i have mine, and thats all good.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #607
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I think you have a misunderstanding of what explanations are. Just saying she was born with them is not explaining HOW SHE WAS BORN WITH THEM ergo lazy "explanation" for why random siblings have powers. Just because you say someone has something doens't explain how they have it. "That guy has a nuke!" "How did he get it?" "He just has it." "Oh...."

But believe what you want.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #608
Tymminator

Quote:
I think you have a misunderstanding of what explanations are. Just saying she was born with them is not explaining HOW SHE WAS BORN WITH THEM ergo lazy "explanation" for why random siblings have powers. Just because you say someone has something doens't explain how they have it. "That guy has a nuke!" "How did he get it?" "He just has it." "Oh...."

Right back at you.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #609
Silvermoth
Avenger

Oh well, I'm sure she'll do fine. I actually like her a great deal, I just think it's a shame they couldn't get a european actress to have a go since the entire cast of avengers except aaron (who's unconfirmed) is from the us and it would have been fun to show the avengers as a worldwide organisation but oh well.

Juliet landau was an American who played a british character in Buffy and they turned out ok. I'm still so excited where seeing the twins! I can't wait! Where do you want them to turn up first? I'm hoping they appear as soon as captain America, maybe even Thor 2 if they get a wriggle on.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #610
Tymminator

I'm can't wait to see what uniforms/costumes they decide to go with (her and Quicksilver) in the end.

I've read vague descriptions from various places of concepts, but I really like to see those first pics of them when they are actually dressed the part.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #611
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Oh well, I'm sure she'll do fine. I actually like her a great deal, I just think it's a shame they couldn't get a european actress to have a go since the entire cast of avengers except aaron (who's unconfirmed) is from the us and it would have been fun to show the avengers as a worldwide organisation but oh well.

Juliet landau was an American who played a british character in Buffy and they turned out ok. I'm still so excited where seeing the twins! I can't wait! Where do you want them to turn up first? I'm hoping they appear as soon as captain America, maybe even Thor 2 if they get a wriggle on.
The twins are going to be European.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #612
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Looking forward to seeing this costume in live-action

Quote:

Good post. You'd need to establish how/why they have powers other than just saying 'just because'

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 10-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #613
smashmode
House Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
The Avengers are going to be a worldwide organization, Olsen can play a Eastern European 'character'

Old 10-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #614
childeroland
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post

I think Whedon has said she will not have the costume from the comics.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

Old 10-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #615
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmode View Post
The Avengers are going to be a worldwide organization, Olsen can play a Eastern European 'character'
They're going to be British.

Quote:
Although Joss is still writing and probably not ready to send anything out to actors, for the two roles, they're generally looking for actors in their 20s and we've heard word that the "prototype" for their Scarlet Witch is none other than Irish actress Saoirse Ronan. Except something to note is that they're going "British" for the role rather than trying to have actors playing Eastern Europeans.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-a-quicksilver

Quote:
As I understand it, Olsen would need to adopt a “European” accent for the role, but that’s not such a big deal.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/...on-avengers-2/

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 10-04-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #616
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
The twins are going to be European.
I hope she can do a good accent like Juliet landau then. Not all 'cor blimey fish and chips guv'nor' stuff.

I'm so excited for this. So many people will start to love the avengers even more when they meet the twins, especially wanda. I'm hoping she gets a one shot with the Salem seven

Old 10-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #617
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I think we'll see Wanda in three movies in MCU, two for sure (Age of Ultron and Avengers 3). Long shot for a cameo appearance in Inhumans.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 10-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #618
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pond View Post
You just could call them homo superior or evolved humans. THe thing is, if you cant use the x-men and most of their essence, you would need a pretty good explanation of why there are only two "evolved" humans, and, casually, why they are also brother and sister, or make a world full of a kind o characters, mutants, you cant even name legally and wich primer characters you cant use. They could perfectly well be, i dont know, two orphans somebody experimented with to create some kind of evolution or something to create theyre own superhero. Its not that original, but its just a posibility. Im sure this creative team can come up with a pretty neat concept.

i thought that since marvel owns the rights to the inhumans and not mutants/x-men, then quicksilver and scarlet witch are going to be inhumans. it's been hinted at in the comics vaguely, and it would fit into this universe. i don't really see an issue with that since they would be born that way and not given powers as adults like with extremis.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #619
Loki882
Side-Kick

I am curious to see what her costume will look like. Whedon has already said that it will be different from her traditional comics costume. Personally, I would just use the Uncanny Avengers costume. It seems almost tailor-made for the screen and looks quite good.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #620
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post

Good post. You'd need to establish how/why they have powers other than just saying 'just because'
Considering The Avengers is based more on the Ultimate line and not 616, it stands tor reason that her look (and Pietro) in the movie will be more of a variation of this:

which would fit considering that's the direction they went with when designing Hawkeye.

Last edited by Havok83; 10-05-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #621
Mr. Dent
Banned User

That's just their first costumes. They have a more traditional look in Ultimates 2 and 3, and onwards.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:54 AM   #622
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Mods should change the title of the thread to Elizabeth Olsen IS Scarlet Witch.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #623
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's just their first costumes. They have a more traditional look in Ultimates 2 and 3, and onwards.
ones which they aren't likely to have used.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #624
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I doubt their costumes will look like that either. Wanda's is way too revealing and I don't think Joss is one to make Quicksilver's outfit completely leather with no blue or green in it. I think we're in for something better. They don't have to adapt either style, they can come up with something new.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:29 AM   #625
Havok83
Side-Kick

Well I didn't say they would get these exact versions. I said variations of it.

Closed Thread