The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Rebels

Old 09-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #201
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Default Re: Star Wars: Rebels

I am very happy with what I am hearing about this show, can't wait for an ad.

Multi - series arc, tv-pg ratings and all on Disney-XD, it just says a lot you know.

I wish Marvel would be like this in terms of tone and story telling, it just shows that Disney had nothing to do with the way Marvel cartoon shows are.

Last edited by bigdaddy313; 09-29-2013 at 08:29 PM.
bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #202
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
I wish Marvel would be like this in terms of tone and story telling, it just shows that Disney had nothing to do with the way Marvel cartoon shows are.
Off-topic, but this. Completely this.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #203
Octoberist
point blank

Teaser for Star Wars Rebels To Air This Monday

Quote:
We've just received word from Lucasfilm that a short teaser for the highly-anticipated animated series "Star Wars Rebels" will air this coming Monday during the premiere of "Mighty Med" on Disney XD. Tune in on Monday at 8:30 ET/PT to catch the teaser, but if you can't, don't worry, it'll be online shortly after.

The series is set between the events of Episode III and IV -- an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. It takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.

"Star Wars Rebels" will be produced by Lucasfilm Animation, featuring many of the key talents that made "Star Wars: The Clone Wars." It is scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, and will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=109751

Old 10-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #204
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

I love the part of hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights. The way Obi-Wan talks about it in ANH is awesome. Something I felt Episode III glossed over too quickly with Order 66. I want to see Vader out there hunting down the Jedi in a scary way. I have a feeling Vader will be in this. I kinda also think Obi-Wan will be in it too. I don't think he sat on Tatooine the whole time. He's more proactive than that. I think he witnesses a lot of the "hunting down" of the Jedi. And helps Bail etc. I think we will see some good ol Obi as well. And Palpatine as well. Probably Tarkin. I'm just running down the list lol.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #205
Bim
Side-Kick

I dont think i could have handled more of Order 66 in ROTS to be honest. The movie would have been extremely depressing lol. To this day i see that scene and it really saddens me, especially Ki Adi Mundi's death .

I do love the hunting of the jedi bit. Do u think there's a chance we'll see Obi-Wan at some point, ala Last of the Jedi? *crosses fingers* (he kinda does that in that series of books, if u havent read it, Solidus. In facts he helps gather some of the jedi... but there's no happy ending, obviously. Dont wanna give it away in case u havent read them and are interested in doing so lol). I do hope we see Wedge though, he has to be in this! I'd love to see how he ended up in the Rebellion.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #206
Drakepool
Side-Kick

I'm hoping this means we get clone stormtroopers in the series.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #207
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Hunting the Jedi you say?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #208
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Try to contain your excitement over the video, pls.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #209
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Jedi don't rise leading up to Episode 4... trailer fail.

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #210
Bim
Side-Kick

Feels very a new hope-esque (which of course makes sense cause it's leading up to ANH ). It's not much, but i like the direction where we're going in it

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 10-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #211
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Despite just being a logo teaser I like the fact it pays homage to the classic opening of ANH.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-08-2013, 01:26 AM   #212
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

I have to wait a year...

Old 10-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #213
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I have to wait a year...
I dont, i will see this soon! (Of course that's a lie. Quit acting as if you're the only one who has to wait )

Old 10-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #214
FCEEVIPER
The Demons Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Try to contain your excitement over the video, pls.
It's funny, I DVR'ed that stupid show but the teaser was not there. Btw I just saw bits of that show it was attached to and the kids show looked horrible.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #215
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

They should have chosen Jim Cummings as narrator.

This should be as good as Tron Uprising

Hordakfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #216
Grievous
General of the Droid Army

Even though it's YouTube, comments for the teaser look mostly negative, with just as many thumbs down as ups. I find it a little silly to already be getting upset over a teaser logo.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #217
FCEEVIPER
The Demons Head

[Star Wars Rebels] takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape.[/B]
-New York Comic Con

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #218
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

Quote:
Star Wars Rebels Introduces The Evil Empire At New York Comic Con – Lots More Details

Though animation on Star Wars Rebels has yet to begin in earnest, the show was still able to hold an exciting panel at New York Comic Con this afternoon. New concept art was shown, a new promo video – without footage – was unspooled and discussion revealed many new details, though almost entirely centred on the villains. The heroes and The Ghost, their space ship, were left pretty much out of the picture entirely.

The show is set some fourteen years after the end of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and during the rise of The Galactic Empire. At this point, the Empire was embraced as a welcome change, and the show will detail the turning of this tide, the dawning realisation that things aren’t going to work out.

It’s maybe also worth pointing out that the timing means the show will take place when Leia was a teenager, and the Rebels of the title are going to be adolescent too – not that this was acknowledged during the panel – so I believe she may well turn up. I can imagine her being the hot pin-up Princess at least.

All new is the chief villain, The Inquisitor, on the hunt for Jedi. You can see him at the head of this post.

I imagine he’ll be possessed of fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor. As well as his nice black uniform and a lightsaber, seemingly with two blades in a Darth Maul-style.

None of the Rebels-era Stormtroopers are clones, though some are trained by aged clones. Apparently this comes from Lucas’ notes. Some Jedi will appear, somehow, though details were fuzzy. Also unclear were the possibility of Clone Wars characters turning up – apparently, it could happen. There will be bounty hunters, too, as the underworld has a presence in this story.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/...ork-comic-con/

Quote:
Official Plot Blurb For Star Wars Rebels – But Can We Expect Artoo And Threepio?

Contrast and compare the official plot blurb for the upcoming Star Wars Rebels with what I told you previously.

First up, a version from Lucasfilm themselves:

Star Wars Rebels continues the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga with all-new exciting, action-packed adventures. It is a dark time in the galaxy, as the evil Galactic Empire tightens its grip of power from world to world. As the series begins, Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet, ruling with an iron fist and ruining the lives of its people. But there are a select few who are brave enough to stand up against the endless Stormtroopers and TIE fighters of the Empire: the clever and motley crew of the starship Ghost. Together, this ragtag group will face threatening new villains, have thrilling adventures, and become heroes.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/...-and-threepio/

Quote:
NYCC 2013: MEET THE INQUISITOR, THE NEW FACE OF EVIL IN STAR WARS REBELS
http://starwars.com/news/nycc-2013-m...rs-rebels.html

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 10-12-2013 at 03:07 PM.
MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #219
Rorschach2012
$

The Inquisitor looks ****ing awesome!!!!!!! Very excited about this show.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #220
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

OH YES!!!!!! Just hearing the music makes me giddy and I love how enthusiastic Filoni is about Star Wars.

The idea of the Rebels starting out as a ragtag group on a ship called The Ghost is great and I'm glad we will be getting bounty hunters!

R2 and 3P0 need to be in this, can't break the streak!

Filoni is right about each era having a marquee villain and no franchise has created as many classic villains as Star Wars IMO, and it looks like The Inquisitor will keep the tradition going!

Old 10-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #221
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Wonder who will be voicing him...

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #222
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Looks great, I think this sub form should at least be called Star Wars The Clone Wars/Rebels.

Old 10-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #223
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Of course, I'd like to see Vader actually doing the hunting down as we've been told. But, this crew has done a great job on Clone Wars. so we'll see how this goes...

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #224
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Wonder who will be voicing him...
I'm willing to bet Sam Witwer would be a candidate

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #225
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Th Wink Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Looks great, I think this sub form should at least be called Star Wars The Clone Wars/Rebels.
http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=627