The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #276
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

What?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 10-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #277
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
So you're equating Pietro's hair color to Iron Man's armor being leather instead of iron? Really?
Maybe that wasn't a good example, but there's nothing wrong with wanting a character to resemble the one you know from the comics. I'm sure Marvel won't disappoint us with that most of their heroes are very recognizable from the comics.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #278
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
Maybe that wasn't a good example, but there's nothing wrong with wanting a character to resemble the one you know from the comics. I'm sure Marvel won't disappoint us with that most of their heroes are very recognizable from the comics.
Yeah, the hair color for Pietro isn't just an "omg blonde vs. brunette" kind of deal....it's an actual trademark of his character, like the skunk streak in Rogue's hair, Xavier's bald head, etc. Plus, his name is an indirect reference to it, i.e., "quicksilver" hair. It's not just *****ing for *****ing's sake to expect a nod to that iconic look for the character.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-05-2013, 10:03 AM   #279
roach
I am the night

Guys let's wait until we see an official pic before we complain. This could he a situation like Rogue in the first movie...if the first leaked pics of her got out they'd show she didn't have the skunk hair and people would be doing the same.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #280
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoolness3 View Post
I am thinking Tony Stark/Iron Man betrays the team, gets fired by Nick Fury, gets mad and turns himself into Ultron, with the power of the Extremis virus.
I smell an Oscar!

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 10-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #281
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Discounting next year's "Guardian of the Galaxy" film, one of the things that I've begun to notice about the rest of the solo-Big Three Phase 2 films as of late is that they're really focusing on bringing a sense of "realism", if not gritty atmosphere (less Shiny Asgard, Political thrillers set within a modern world, and terrorism shown through media, etc) in terms of how they portray the worlds presented within Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and The Winter Soldier.

Another thing that I've noticed is how much more personal and somewhat darker the stories have become for the main characters.

So I'm wondering if we should expect for the same type of things from Whedon's Age of Ultron film.

And honestly, I do hope that Whedon is keeping a good eye on how these directors have been creating their action sequences, because from what I saw in "Iron Man 3" and the clips that we've gotten of Thor 2, along with what we've heard about The Winter Soldier, it seems like the Phase 2 films are really setting the bar high for things.

In some ways, I'm kind of worried that Whedon's weakness when it comes to his skills as a filmmaker may prove to be a small liability since as good as the Avengers was, if I were to look at how he did his action sequences when compared to the stuff shown from Phase 2, the Phase 2 stuff outclasses a lot of his scenes imho.
I feel the same way. The action looks to be a big step up in these phase 2 films and I hope the avengers reflects how much more skilled these heroes are now.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 10-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #282
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Lol Pietro does NOT need to have identical hair to the comics version. Any (natural) shade of blonde will do, and frankly brown would be fine too. Marvel has been more than faithful in their adaptations so far and shouldnt spend any energy fretting about the hair color of a c-list character. That said, if they go young, im okay with a teenage QS doing something dramatic with his hair. Kids do that sometimes.

Scarlett witch is a somewhat different case given her superhero name. but there again, i would settle for auburn, and would prefer that to an unnatural red color.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 10-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #283
Chewy
REDACTED

Scarlet Witch doesn't have red hair, she's a brunette

Old 10-05-2013, 01:08 PM   #284
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Chewy is correct. Also Quicksilver is not a "c-list" character.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #285
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

They absolutely gotta have the wacky white hair for Quicksilver. It's his signature look. If he sports the hair he can pretty much wear just about any costume. It's the only thing they need to get right. If Johnson doesn't want to peroxide his hair then just wear a wig already. What's the big deal?

Old 10-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #286
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

If it was between a white wig and just keeping his normal hair I'd opt for the latter. Yeesh.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #287
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
They absolutely gotta have the wacky white hair for Quicksilver. It's his signature look. If he sports the hair he can pretty much wear just about any costume. It's the only thing they need to get right. If Johnson doesn't want to peroxide his hair then just wear a wig already. What's the big deal?
Conversely, even if he has his green or blue costumes from the comics with the lightning flash, but no white hair, he still won't look right. I'd prefer the white hair over a comic-accurate costume.

Maybe Wolverine shouldn't have had his bouffant pointy hairdo either. Or Storm shouldn't have had white hair.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #288
Chewy
REDACTED

I don't really care how his hair looks. I'd imagine it'll be white with black roots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Well, I'd say he is. He probably won't be after these movies, but for now he is

Old 10-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #289
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
That ranking system is very vague and doesn't take any situational factors into account.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #290
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quicksilver isn't a C-List character. Characters like Adam Warlock and Nova are C-List. Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch are B-List.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #291
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

In terms of popularity I would say the twins are firmly C-List. In terms of their role in the Marvel Universe, Quicksilver is probably a B and Scarlet Witch is a borderline A.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #292
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
this looks terrible!
Y,MCU didn't cast well either. I wonder what would QS had to say about the casting choices

Old 10-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #293
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Is that supposed to be a Foxilised Quicksilver?
Flipping hell, please never allow me to be Foxilised.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #294
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, the hair color for Pietro isn't just an "omg blonde vs. brunette" kind of deal....it's an actual trademark of his character, like the skunk streak in Rogue's hair, Xavier's bald head, etc. Plus, his name is an indirect reference to it, i.e., "quicksilver" hair. It's not just *****ing for *****ing's sake to expect a nod to that iconic look for the character.
On this I'll agree w/y bro!!

Old 10-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #295
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Hair colour doesn't matter.........except when it's an identifying trait. Then it's one of the only look based factors that does matter. For eg it matters on many of the X-women (Storm, Rogue's streak, Jean Grey, Psylocke, probably even Emma Frost) but it wouldn't matter for Cyclops, Havok, Iceman, Beast etc. It doesn't matter for Hawkeye or Cap in Avengers but it does for Quicksilver, Thor & evidently for Black Widow.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #296
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

If Storm had black hair....I would literally boycott the medium in which she was in. Seriously, it would bother me that much, and nothing ever bothers me.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #297
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
If Storm had black hair....I would literally boycott the medium in which she was in. Seriously, it would bother me that much, and nothing ever bothers me.
Why?

Old 10-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #298
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Quote:
Lol. I wouldn't go that far, but it would bother me too. Just as it would if Psylocke didn't have purple hair or if Wasp wasn't petite. There are just certain things you don't touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Bringing up season 6 and its terrible mess of an arc doesn't exactly help your case. The only emotional depths there was how badly the characters could be written and still have people claim they are the heroes of the story.
"Mess" in terms of plot, maybe, but s6 was where the characters were most interesting. The whole thing was an emotional rollercoaster. Sure, Willow was poorly handled, what with the clumsy drug analogies and all, but the other characters went on great arcs. You had Buffy dealing with depression and self-destruction, the brat and her teen angst, further exploration of Xander's insecurity, Giles feeling useless, etc...and then there's classic episodes like OMWF and Normal Again.

That's what separates Buffy and Angel, really. Angel was more about conventional heroics, whereas Buffy was more about growing up and dealing with life. I can understand why some would prefer one over the other.

Old 10-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #299
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why?
Because they spend hundreds of millions of dollars on these films and they can't be arsed to get someones hair color right? There's no good reason not to, especially when it's one of a character's key physical traits.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #300
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Scarlet Witch doesn't have red hair, she's a brunette
Auburn, specifically, which is on the more reddish side of the brunette scale. Think Susan Sarandon's hair color.