The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #101
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Not saying you're wrong, but I'm wondering where you came up with this idea? Everything I've seen says to me that Steve is *on* Fury's side. Yeah, he questions his methods sometimes, but everything in the set visits we've seen so far tend to indicate that Fury gets kicked out/goes on the run from SHIELD in a power shake-up, and Cap and Widow go rogue to help him escape and clear his name.
I think we'll actually see Steve transition in the film. At first he'll side with Shield and work for them, hence his new outfit, but then he'll realize he's on the wrong side and join with Fury.

btw, it's funny if you add one too many Rs in Fury....

Old 10-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #102
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Not saying you're wrong, but I'm wondering where you came up with this idea? Everything I've seen says to me that Steve is *on* Fury's side. Yeah, he questions his methods sometimes, but everything in the set visits we've seen so far tend to indicate that Fury gets kicked out/goes on the run from SHIELD in a power shake-up, and Cap and Widow go rogue to help him escape and clear his name.
If a power shake up means
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Maria Hill replaces Fury, then I don't see if affecting Agents of Shield all that much. But if Hill was replaced herself by a Hydra agent, well.......it would be interesting

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 10-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #103
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

I'm starting to wonder if the power hierarchy in SHIELD would mean that a new guy at the top *wouldn't* be Hill, but Jasper Sitwell instead.

In the One-Shot, he seemed to be an equal and a close colleague of Coulson, and when Coulson "died," it's not unreasonable to assume that Sitwell could have taken his position as Fury's right hand man, or "good eye" or whatever he called him. And if Fury gets kicked to the curb, at least temporarily, HYDRA could pull strings to put Sitwell in as Director. There's that scene with Sen. Stern where they share a "Hail HYDRA," and it just doesn't seem like a powerful US Congressman would be getting chummy with just a regular SHIELD field agent.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #104
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'm going to guess that the "incident" that you alluded to is a fake out, and that there's is more going on.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #105
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Oh no, what I was trying to state was that even though Steve may be on Fury's side in the long run of things, it'd be a good source of drama between them if Steve was shown being made aware of how Fury lied to him and the other avengers about Coulson's death.

Heck, in the Avengers, Rogers even noted to Stark on how he believes that Fury has his hands stained in as much blood as Loki's.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #106
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Y guys got me thinking of another theory about Agent Coulson. Maybe he's already an Android created by Professor Phineas T. Horton.

-He loves Cap
-he loves old technology
-maybe he has some type of synthetic blood

Old 10-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #107
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

All of you seem to have forgotten about Pierce.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #108
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
What about him? The latest I've heard is that he's Council....one of the WSC. Which makes him the perfect foil for Fury, since the WSC probably want his ass for insubordination after "since it was a stupid-ass decision, I chose to ignore it." But I no longer think Pierce is part of SHIELD, as a lot of us originally thought.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #109
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I thought it was officially confirmed that he is a high ranking shield agent? no?

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 10-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #110
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Pierce is Aleksandr Lukin. I'd be willing to bet all on my Monopoly money of that being true, as I've said for months.

Last edited by xeno000; 10-05-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #111
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Pierce is Aleksandr Lukin. I'd be willing to bet all of my Monopoly money of that being true, as I've said for months.
I believe he may be a version of Lukin (with different motivations, not Russian, etc).

Old 10-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #112
Loki882
Side-Kick

Why can't he be Russian? Lukin being Russian ties him into WS and possibly BW as well. It makes perfect sense for him to be Russian.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #113
TheFBI
Side-Kick

I hope the stinger is Pierce's office and on the wall is the picture of Red Skull from the first Cap. An aide walks in to talk to Pierce, and he responds with a German accent, implying he is Skull....somehow

Old 10-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #114
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder if the power hierarchy in SHIELD would mean that a new guy at the top *wouldn't* be Hill, but Jasper Sitwell instead.

In the One-Shot, he seemed to be an equal and a close colleague of Coulson, and when Coulson "died," it's not unreasonable to assume that Sitwell could have taken his position as Fury's right hand man, or "good eye" or whatever he called him. And if Fury gets kicked to the curb, at least temporarily, HYDRA could pull strings to put Sitwell in as Director. There's that scene with Sen. Stern where they share a "Hail HYDRA," and it just doesn't seem like a powerful US Congressman would be getting chummy with just a regular SHIELD field agent.
So what would happen to Hill? For that matter, what would also happen to Falcon and Hawkeye in that case?

I am still saying that Fury is replaced by Hill because I don't see a radical change happening with Agents of Shield.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 10-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #115
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
So what would happen to Hill? For that matter, what would also happen to Falcon and Hawkeye in that case?

I am still saying that Fury is replaced by Hill because I don't see a radical change happening with Agents of Shield.
Maybe the idea is to ease Hill over to the TV side of the MCU. We've already seen her in the pilot episode, and I'm sure it's not the last time. She could become Coulson's direct, in charge of the "Section 7 top-secretest of top-secret" department.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #116
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Maybe the idea is to ease Hill over to the TV side of the MCU. We've already seen her in the pilot episode, and I'm sure it's not the last time. She could become Coulson's direct, in charge of the "Section 7 top-secretest of top-secret" department.
Well, HIMYM is ending this season.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #117
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:

Sitwell didn't seem of equal standing to me. Definitely a subordinate, as evidenced by Thor and the Avengers, where he's basically a named extra.

Though it is possible, I suppose.

I'm not ruling Pierce out, though. He's been described to Gareth Mallory, who started out in an overseeing role before becoming the agency's new head, so that might be something else they're doing.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #118
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Sitwell didn't seem of equal standing to me. Definitely a subordinate, as evidenced by Thor and the Avengers, where he's basically a named extra.

Though it is possible, I suppose.

I'm not ruling Pierce out, though. He's been described to Gareth Mallory, who started out in an overseeing role before becoming the agency's new head, so that might be something else they're doing.
That could be interesting.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:28 AM   #119
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I'm guessing the plot twist will be someone high up is really a member of HYDRA?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Old 10-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #120
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

Sitwell wasn't Coulson's equal at SHIELD. They had a discussion about their clearance levels, and Coulson said he was a Level 7, while Sitwell was a Level 6. Sitwell didn't even know that Level 7 existed. Also, in Thor Sitwell was clearly Coulson's subordinate (as was Barton) and called him "sir". He also called Coulson sir in The Avengers, IIRC. Agents on equal footing wouldn't do that.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #121
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Sitwell wasn't Coulson's equal at SHIELD. They had a discussion about their clearance levels, and Coulson said he was a Level 7, while Sitwell was a Level 6. Sitwell didn't even know that Level 7 existed. Also, in Thor Sitwell was clearly Coulson's subordinate (as was Barton) and called him "sir". He also called Coulson sir in The Avengers, IIRC. Agents on equal footing wouldn't do that.
Fair enough.
But it's not unreasonable to suspect that Sitwell gets a promotion in CATWS.....

It just seems odd for a sitting US Senator to be getting chummy and chanting "Hail HYDRA" to a field agent. Plus, there's those scenes where Cap and Widow in civvies get to punch his lights out.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #122
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Sitwell also doesn't know that Coulson is still alive.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #123
TheFBI
Side-Kick

Quote:
It just seems odd for a sitting US Senator to be getting chummy and chanting "Hail HYDRA" to a field agent.
I don't see why this seems odd. If they're part of the same group they would respond to eachother on an equal level, regardless of what their cover is

Old 10-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #124
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFBI View Post
I don't see why this seems odd. If they're part of the same group they would respond to eachother on an equal level, regardless of what their cover is
also, it is not unlikely that their hierarchy in SHIELD and
HYDRA
is completely different. just because on is higher ranking in one group doesn't necessarily mean he's higher ranking in the other too

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 10-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #125
Loki882
Side-Kick

Sitwell seemed to be Coulson's friend, but also his subordinate.

Closed Thread