The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 09-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #601
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - - - - Part 14

No plot in place? But I thought Cosmic Book News broke the plot like 8 separate times!

Old 09-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #602
Airwings
Waves of air

I have to go back to the idea of having every hero (well, except Bats) to have ties to Krypton. Why would the writers do that?

Green Lantern corps, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter and every other character that could be a member of JL, even the powers that Barry Allen gets.... all of it to originate from Krypton (in one way or another).
Should Atlantis be a kryptonian colony, and the same for Mars? Are the greek (and egyptian) gods actually from Krypton? Ra being a sun god, and a kryptonian person to get his powers from the sun - is it connected somehow?

I wanna know your opinions. I want to hear your explanations why this is such a bad idea.

Last edited by Airwings; 09-22-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #603
erehwon0
Side-Kick

The diverse nature of these heroes has to be kept. Having them all be somewhat related to a Kryptonian origin seems to me to be poor and lazy writing.

If they were all Kryptonian then all their logos might as well be Kryptonian family crests. Now that would suck!

Sorry dude! Why would you change perfectly illogical origin stories to these characters? Just to serve a more "grounded" way of storytelling? Pass!

erehwon0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #604
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

That would be boring!

Wouldn't really feel like a diverse band of superheroes coming together.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #605
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post
"Cosmic Book News is told by our DC Entertainment source: "100% Zack Snyder will be directing Justice League." His wife Deborah Snyder will be producing alongside Charles Roven. Zack Snyder will be co-writing the story along with David Goyer. The source is unsure if Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas will be on board as executive producers, but it is a possibility. Geoff Johns will be on board as Creative Consultant for Justice League working with David Goyer and Zack Snyder on the story. Benjamin Melniker and Michael Uslan are likely to be credited as executive producers on Justice League as Batman is in the film. The budget for the film isn't confirmed, but will probably be around $280 million. Filming on Justice League will likely start early 2016. Our DC Entertainment source has no details on the plot for Justice League as David Goyer only has a few pages of story notes so far, but it is more than likely that Batman and Superman will be the basis of the film much like Iron Man and Captain America were in The Avengers. When Batman Vs. Superman begins filming, and a final script is in place, then Goyer will begin working on the Justice League treatment followed by the script."
So justice league will basiclly be followup to batman vs superman only adding wonder woman and likely Green lantern and possibly flash.

I can totally see batman as iron man of film and superman as captain america of film.Hopefully goyer and snyder will do better with superman In BVS and JL than they did In MOS.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #606
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #607
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Griffith View Post
Thanks for responding Shikamaru. I get what you're saying about Supes importance to the JL, but my point was power levels. Jet pilot, fighting styles, forensic science and journalistic skills are not really that important in the scheme of things when talking about fighting a world-level threat.

I get your point, but it seems to me there's very few threats that Superman can't handle on his own because of his ultimate powerset.

Who needs the JL when you have Superman?

I'm just saying that a group of different heroes with various powers combining to beat a foe is more intriguing than a group of different heroes with various powers AND one hero with essentially omnipotent powers.

Lol Just my opinion
Even in MOS Superman needed the air force to crash the ship into Zods ship while he handled the world engine.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #608
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post
"Cosmic Book News is told by our DC Entertainment source: "100% Zack Snyder will be directing Justice League." His wife Deborah Snyder will be producing alongside Charles Roven. Zack Snyder will be co-writing the story along with David Goyer. The source is unsure if Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas will be on board as executive producers, but it is a possibility. Geoff Johns will be on board as Creative Consultant for Justice League working with David Goyer and Zack Snyder on the story. Benjamin Melniker and Michael Uslan are likely to be credited as executive producers on Justice League as Batman is in the film. The budget for the film isn't confirmed, but will probably be around $280 million. Filming on Justice League will likely start early 2016. Our DC Entertainment source has no details on the plot for Justice League as David Goyer only has a few pages of story notes so far, but it is more than likely that Batman and Superman will be the basis of the film much like Iron Man and Captain America were in The Avengers. When Batman Vs. Superman begins filming, and a final script is in place, then Goyer will begin working on the Justice League treatment followed by the script."
Cosmic Book News? Yea this is all bull.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #609
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Hmmm....I think the focus of the Avengers was more geared to Thor & Iron Man.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #610
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
So justice league will basiclly be followup to batman vs superman only adding wonder woman and likely Green lantern and possibly flash.

I can totally see batman as iron man of film and superman as captain america of film.Hopefully goyer and snyder will do better with superman In BVS and JL than they did In MOS.
Superman would be the Thor of Justice League, because he's the most powerful, and it will most likely be one of Supes villains that unite the team.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #611
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Yeah, I honestly don't know why anyone is taking anything Cosmic Book News reports as something that could be even somewhat credible. They're rather notorious for printing rumors as fact, or just straight up printing outright bull.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #612
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by erehwon0 View Post
The diverse nature of these heroes has to be kept. Having them all be somewhat related to a Kryptonian origin seems to me to be poor and lazy writing.

If they were all Kryptonian then all their logos might as well be Kryptonian family crests. Now that would suck!

Sorry dude! Why would you change perfectly illogical origin stories to these characters? Just to serve a more "grounded" way of storytelling? Pass!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
That would be boring!

Wouldn't really feel like a diverse band of superheroes coming together.
I think the shared origin will be boring too, but also stupid. I just wanted to clarify that

Last edited by Airwings; 09-22-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #613
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Not all of the heroes should be tied to Krypton per se, but the events of MOS were ground shaking enough to tie their involvement back to that day.

For instance, the disruption that the Earth terraforming devices caused had to have caught the attention of the Atlanteans and Amazons. Perhaps they even emerged (off screen) and joined the fight against the Kryptonians in other places? Steve Trevor could have been part of the Air Force's resistance causing him to be shot down and crash land on Themyscira. Wonder Woman would have to bring him back to land after everything was over right?

What about the Flash? It's chemicals that are struck by lightning that give him his powers. What if the chemicals that are struck are Kryptonian in nature? It would be a lot more believable than just regular lab chemicals that could be found anywhere on Earth. Maybe Kryptonian fuel or coolants were recovered after the fighting that Barry's lab investigated in connection to a crime? Electricity reacting with those substances could be enough to transmit the power.

Things like that could be worked with to make the events of MOS matter to the overarching story of the DCCU.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #614
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

^ If only the quality of the film was as big as the event itself.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #615
8Diagrams(WU)
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
Not all of the heroes should be tied to Krypton per se, but the events of MOS were ground shaking enough to tie their involvement back to that day.

For instance, the disruption that the Earth terraforming devices caused had to have caught the attention of the Atlanteans and Amazons. Perhaps they even emerged (off screen) and joined the fight against the Kryptonians in other places? Steve Trevor could have been part of the Air Force's resistance causing him to be shot down and crash land on Themyscira. Wonder Woman would have to bring him back to land after everything was over right?

What about the Flash? It's chemicals that are struck by lightning that give him his powers. What if the chemicals that are struck are Kryptonian in nature? It would be a lot more believable than just regular lab chemicals that could be found anywhere on Earth. Maybe Kryptonian fuel or coolants were recovered after the fighting that Barry's lab investigated in connection to a crime? Electricity reacting with those substances could be enough to transmit the power.

Things like that could be worked with to make the events of MOS matter to the overarching story of the DCCU.

Thats right, well said. Its possible the physical and chemical structure of the planet itself was altered by the engine enough to be able to put all these things in motion. Its an intriguing starting point for sure.

8Diagrams(WU) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #616
Rorschach2012
$

i like the other characters origin stories to much to have them all be tied to Krypton. It basically destroys the chance of any of those characters having a origin story/backstory thats anything like the comics, so any inspiration for a solo film of those characters would have to come from the filmmaker, and it stops being the same character.

****ing horrible idea, anyone who would want that only likes Superman

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #617
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I subscribe to the current house of thought regarding the origin of Superheroes in the DC verse. Changing all the origins to be related to the Kryptonian race, while logically plausible for a grounded storyline, is lazy writing and is at some level disrespectful to the characters' original mythologies. The only people Kryptonian origins can suitably combine with traditional origins are Flash and Cyborg. And oh... Grodd!

Even so, in the Flash origin, it has to be made obvious that what happens to him is the rarest of rare occasion even if Kryptonian tech is involved (making him special anyway and not a Kryptonian offshoot) or people would question the non-existence of other such beings. If anyone has watched Curious Case of Benjamin Button, there's this accident scene that highlights chance and probability rather efficiently. Something similar would be good.

With Cyborg, we could look at salvaged K-tech post MoS. May be a more advance form of the LuthorSuit which I believe should be there in Batman vs Superman.

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #618
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
I subscribe to the current house of thought regarding the origin of Superheroes in the DC verse. Changing all the origins to be related to the Kryptonian race, while logically plausible for a grounded storyline, is lazy writing and is at some level disrespectful to the characters' original mythologies. The only people Kryptonian origins can suitably combine with traditional origins are Flash and Cyborg. And oh... Grodd!

Even so, in the Flash origin, it has to be made obvious that what happens to him is the rarest of rare occasion even if Kryptonian tech is involved (making him special anyway and not a Kryptonian offshoot) or people would question the non-existence of other such beings. If anyone has watched Curious Case of Benjamin Button, there's this accident scene that highlights chance and probability rather efficiently. Something similar would be good.

With Cyborg, we could look at salvaged K-tech post MoS. May be a more advance form of the LuthorSuit which I believe should be there in Batman vs Superman.
I've been hoping to see Zod's battlesuit re-introduced as the base for Lex's powersuit. My understanding is that under the suit Zod was essentially human, it wasn't until he took it off that he gained his abilities, so having a human in there would put them on par with a kryptonian.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #619
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Well the Justice League section is pretty dead now that the project was passed over in favour of Batman Vs Superman. But the project is still fairly likely to come to fruition, given Tsujihara's wish to see a comprehensive shared DCCU on both the big and small screen. So my question is: How are people liking (or not) the foundations of this potential burgeoning DCCU?

We have the two big guns (potentially three) meeting on the big screen in 2015. Arrow will be exploring the smaller DCU characters on the small screen, and introducing The Flash, who might also get his own series, potentially leading to a Justice League film (even with a recast for the film). The Gotham series could be acting as an unofficial "Batman Begins" like project, but only showing us the corruption of the city and Constatine shows the mystical side of the world and could potentially lead to Del Toro's Justice League Dark/ Dark Universe.

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #620
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Who cares...they cast Affleck...its all ruin. Nolan probably will walk as exec producer soon after that casting.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #621
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
Who cares...they cast Affleck...its all ruin.
If by "ruin" you mean "maximum awesome," right on.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:05 AM   #622
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Casting Affleck is the best news I´ve heard in a long time Can´t have Balebat again!
There are some new rumours out there that WW might be in the B vs S movie, that´s what worries me.

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #623
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Well the Justice League section is pretty dead now that the project was passed over in favour of Batman Vs Superman. But the project is still fairly likely to come to fruition, given Tsujihara's wish to see a comprehensive shared DCCU on both the big and small screen. So my question is: How are people liking (or not) the foundations of this potential burgeoning DCCU?

We have the two big guns (potentially three) meeting on the big screen in 2015. Arrow will be exploring the smaller DCU characters on the small screen, and introducing The Flash, who might also get his own series, potentially leading to a Justice League film (even with a recast for the film). The Gotham series could be acting as an unofficial "Batman Begins" like project, but only showing us the corruption of the city and Constatine shows the mystical side of the world and could potentially lead to Del Toro's Justice League Dark/ Dark Universe.

Good? Bad? Ugly?
Has it been confirmed that the TV series and the movies will share continuity? That could be cool, but I'm hesitant to believe it unless if someone from WB got up and said in their own words that this is the case.

Also is it still up in the air whether Flash will get his own series? I thought it was definitely, no question in anyone's mind level of happening. I sure hope that something comes out of it one way or another. The character deserves a little more public exposure.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #624
biolumen
The End

Justice League: Mortal script available here. Get it while you can.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lavbqmo7s5...l_Script-1.pdf

biolumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #625
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

It´s a scrapped JL movie? Cool stuff. Think it´s a little too much to read for me tho. Nice post.

Last edited by Mightyally; 10-06-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote