The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #451
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - Part 14

Although I recognize the talent involved in 007's Skyfall, and that it's masterfully directed, I don't think is as good as the consensus says. It is certainly a good film -I'm not saying it isn't-, I just think it doesn't have enough action and it becames a little slow at times. Is like they put all the best action bits in the intro and the third act isn't as thrilling as it should be. But the film looks so good and the music is just so perfect, that you don't care.

Old 10-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #452
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
Although I recognize the talent involved in 007's Skyfall, and that it's masterfully directed, I don't think is as good as the consensus says. It is certainly a good film -I'm not saying it isn't-, I just think it doesn't have enough action and it becames a little slow at times. Is like they put all the best action bits in the intro and the third act isn't as thrilling as it should be. But the film looks so good and the music is just so perfect, that you don't care.
I agree.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #453
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

Iron Man 3 is my favorite of the trilogy
The only thing I dislike about it is that moment shortly after the big fight

Incredible Hulk is still my favorite Marvel movie, of any studio

Note to some of the Hype! oldies: Want to take the Lounge back? Come and take it, it's not like there is a territorial battle to win it, it's the land of the free to lounge. Make it multiflavored, make it interesting.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:54 AM   #454
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Iron Man 3 is my favorite of the trilogy
The only thing I dislike about it is that moment shortly after the big fight

Incredible Hulk is still my favorite Marvel movie, of any studio
I agree about IM3. The first half of the first film is brilliant but soon falls into the origin story problem area of wtf do we do now?

Old 10-06-2013, 05:43 AM   #455
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I agree that breaking the promise shortly after making it was bad dialogue but I think it should have happened as it leaves something to explore in the sequel.

I don't get how people complain about TASM's ending yet SM2 does the same f***ing thing but it gets the pass!?

Dunst's MJ yet again refuses to keep her panties on and abandons her fiancé on his wedding day in front of all his friends and family and Peter is totally cool with this?

The decision to stay with Gwen was smarter as she had not been kidnapped twice and unlike MJ was intellegent and could look after herself, even buttering bread would be a task too difficult and dangerous for MJ.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #456
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
I don't get how people complain about TASM's ending yet SM2 does the same f***ing thing but it gets the pass!?
They're not the same. Peter didn't break any promise to a dying man when he hooked up with MJ.

- The Joker
Old 10-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #457
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
They're not the same. Peter didn't break any promise to a dying man when he hooked up with MJ.
But he still did something that could be interpreted as being a dick.

He let MJ just leave that guy at the alter and stayed with a girl who probably would cheat on him (see SM3).

Gwen could handle herself well and would be faithful to him, her father was a member of the force so she's used to it.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Old 10-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #458
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:

He let MJ just leave that guy at the alter and stayed with a girl who probably would cheat on him (see SM3).

Gwen could handle herself well and would be faithful to him, her father was a member of the force so she's used to it.
He didn't let MJ do anything. MJ is an independent woman who makes her own choices. She didn't love John and so she left him at the altar. The only person who comes off as bad here is MJ for stringing John along when she clearly never loved him. Peter's not to blame for that.

Gwen could handle herself well? Spidey had to save her from the Lizard in the school. If you think she's not going to need to be saved again in the sequel, too, then you're kidding yourself. She may even end up getting killed off.

- The Joker
Old 10-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #459
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:

Well, MJ and Peter started when MJ decided to flirt back at Peter while still with Harry. He knows the kind of girl she was from the get-go.

Quote:
He didn't let MJ do anything. MJ is an independent woman who makes her own choices. She didn't love John and so she left him at the altar. The only person who comes off as bad here is MJ for stringing John along when she clearly never loved him. Peter's not to blame for that.

Gwen could handle herself well? Spidey had to save her from the Lizard in the school. If you think she's not going to need to be saved again in the sequel, too, then you're kidding yourself. She may even end up getting killed off.
You're right about Gwen, she will probably need Spider-man help in the sequel. Although one has to admit that she could at least avoid Lizard at the labs by starting the fire alarm first and then using some kind flame-thrower instead of being immediately kidnapped time and time again.

And you're right about MJ. She dumped her boyfriend at the church all by herself. But then again, she had decided to be with Peter in SM1 and she gave him several opportunities in SM2. And he was the ne saying no becauise he didn't want to endanger her. What don't get is why that day was different for him. Because she dumped her boyfriend in such a dramatic way? Whatever happened, if he's wiuth her, she's going to be endangered anyways. Yet, he still decides to say yes that day.

Last edited by Senator Pleasury; 10-06-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #460
SuperFerret
This guy

If they do have Gwen killed off in a sequel, I hope they bring up that Pete broke his promise and that it lead to her death indirectly.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #461
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Oh, they'll make sure he feels guilt about that if she does get killed. It's a massive turning point for him.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #462
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
If they do have Gwen killed off in a sequel, I hope they bring up that Pete broke his promise and that it lead to her death indirectly.
Oh yes, they'll have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Oh, they'll make sure he feels guilt about that if she does get killed. It's a massive turning point for him.
It's the way Peter felt in the comics as well.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #463
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

He already feels guilt for Ben's death due to him going out at night looking for him, that one will just add to the fire.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #464
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:

Fair enough, I'm not saying that either Peter is a douche but that if anything the decision to stay with Gwen was a smarter move.

Yes, but she did help Peter in creating the antidote which proves that while physically she can not handle herself (against super villains, she gave flash a telling!) she has the intellect and witt to do so. MJ had neither the intellect or witt to do anything, she was always in Spider-Man's way.

Peter's personal life and superhero career would have been much more superior and efficient if he had just left MJ.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #465
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
He already feels guilt for Ben's death due to him going out at night looking for him, that one will just add to the fire.
Well, Batman had had enough deaths iun his life with his parents' killing. Yet they added Rachel's death, and Harvey Dent's. And in comics, Jason Todd's.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #466
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
You're right about Gwen, she will probably need Spider-man help in the sequel. Although one has to admit that she could at least avoid Lizard at the labs by starting the fire alarm first and then using some kind flame-thrower instead of being immediately kidnapped time and time again.
But that's a very different situation. Not only did Gwen know in advance that Lizard was coming and had time to prep, he wasn't after her. If he wanted to kidnap her he could have.

In fairness to MJ every time a villain came for her she never saw it coming.

Quote:
And you're right about MJ. She dumped her boyfriend at the church all by herself. But then again, she had decided to be with Peter in SM1 and she gave him several opportunities in SM2. And he was the ne saying no becauise he didn't want to endanger her. What don't get is why that day was different for him. Because she dumped her boyfriend in such a dramatic way? Whatever happened, if he's wiuth her, she's going to be endangered anyways. Yet, he still decides to say yes that day.
What was different was MJ gave him her perspective on the situation. She said he should respect her enough to make her own decision, let her face the risks with him, and that's it's wrong that they should only be half of themselves out of fear.

She's right. It's always going to be a risk being the girlfriend or loved one of a super hero. But it's no reason why you should spend your life alone if they know the risks and are still willing to be with you because they love you.

Quote:
Fair enough, I'm not saying that either Peter is a douche but that if anything the decision to stay with Gwen was a smarter move.
How is it smarter? Gwen was not a target for a villain like MJ was. The villains of Raimi's movies all specifically targeted her. Lizard never did, and Spidey still had to save her.

Quote:
Yes, but she did help Peter in creating the antidote which proves that while physically she can not handle herself (against super villains, she gave flash a telling!) she has the intellect and witt to do so. MJ had neither the intellect or witt to do anything, she was always in Spider-Man's way.
What so Peter should only choose a girlfriend who is good in the lab and be able to help in crime cases?

You're unfairly comparing the two scenarios with MJ and Gwen. Lizard wasn't after Gwen at all. She knew he was coming to the lab well in advance. Neither of those situations apply to MJ. She was the target the villains were after hence why she was kidnapped, and she never knew they were coming for her in advance either.

Even in the situations she was in, she didn't sit back and do nothing. She tried to smack Doc Ock with a plank of wood when he had Spidey captured, and she dropped a brick on Venom's head when he had Spidey pinned down.

Quote:
Peter's personal life and superhero career would have been much more superior and efficient if he had just left MJ.
I don't disagree about his personal life being better because Raimi's MJ was a selfish biotch, but you're forgetting that MJ was kidnapped in Spider-Man 1 and 2 when she wasn't even with Peter. It would have had no effect on his superhero career.

- The Joker
Old 10-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #467
flower
Banned User

I love how every once in a while this thread turns into a Spider-Man thread
anyway, is there a thread like this only for unpopular tv opinions?

Old 10-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #468
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower View Post
I love how every once in a while this thread turns into a Spider-Man thread
anyway, is there a thread like this only for unpopular tv opinions?
Spider-Man thread *cough* flame war

Old 10-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #469
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Oh God, we're back to dissecting MJ's sexlife and shaming her...on another thread.

I need a drink.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 10-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #470
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Oh God, we're back to dissecting MJ's sexlife and shaming her...on another thread.

I need a drink.
We hate her that much

Old 10-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #471
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Some folks are outright obsessed with it.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #472
SuperFerret
This guy

I don't hate MJ.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #473
random_havoc
Last Remaining Sentry Fan

Skyfall was a bad movie.

The "genius" supervillain pulls off things that are so impossible that it's just stupid. And it falls back into stupid cliches so old that they were made fun of in Austin Powers movies.

Near the end the villain sees Bond fall into the ice water. The villain is standing there, holding a machine gun, but instead of waiting a minute or two to make sure he's dead under the water he just walks away. I could practically hear the dialogue:

Scott Evil: Wait, aren't you even going to watch them? They could get away!
Dr. Evil: No no no, I'm going to leave them alone and not actually witness them dying, I'm just gonna assume it all went to plan. What?

I could go on...

Old 10-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #474
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Yeah, I agree that the "plan" of the villain is, when you start looking at it really close, impossible.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:54 AM   #475
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_havoc View Post
Skyfall was a bad movie.

The "genius" supervillain pulls off things that are so impossible that it's just stupid. And it falls back into stupid cliches so old that they were made fun of in Austin Powers movies.

Near the end the villain sees Bond fall into the ice water. The villain is standing there, holding a machine gun, but instead of waiting a minute or two to make sure he's dead under the water he just walks away. I could practically hear the dialogue:

Scott Evil: Wait, aren't you even going to watch them? They could get away!
Dr. Evil: No no no, I'm going to leave them alone and not actually witness them dying, I'm just gonna assume it all went to plan. What?

I could go on...
That's not the worst that movie had to offer.

Really disliked that one.

Closed Thread