The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #776
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

I think just the characters getting solo films in Phase 3 and Phase 4 need to be cameo'd in A3. To even give War Machine a solo he'd need to be recast. Falcon could be in it maybe to do something like a lead in to New Avengers. Whenever they do do Thanos they definitely have to bring in GotG for the final battle.

I know Feige has greenlit Inhumans I just wonder when they're going to bring it out. Phase 3 so far is pretty packed unless they do 3 films a year starting 2016 leading up to Avengers.

And I'll say I highly doubt we'll see Avengers 3 in that unannounced date in 2017. That would mean Ant-Man in 2015, two movies in 2016 with one of them being Dr. Strange. That would mean Avengers in the May date in 2017 and one more movie in July in 2016. They would have to choose between Thor, Cap and GotG. I just don't see them doing that.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #777
Lord
All Mighty

My guess for Phase III is:

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor 3/ Dr.Strange
2017: Captain America 3/ Black Panther
2018: Captain Marvel/ The Avengers 3

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 10-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #778
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Inhumans over Captain Marvel. And probably in 2016.

Old 10-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #779
Dr. Evil
Gamora

2015: Ant Man
2016: Dr. Strange/Thor 3
2017: Cap 3/Black Panther
2018: Inhumans/Avengers 3

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 10-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #780
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Ant-Man - Summer
Thor: The Surtur Saga - Winter

Ms Marvel - Spring
Captain America: The Bloodstone Hunt - Summer
Doctor Strange - Winter

Black Panther - Spring
The Rampaging Hulk - Summer
Black Widow - Winter

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Summer
Avengers 3 - Infinity Gauntlet - Winter

As far as character who get introduced with each film, I approve of

Ant-Man - Hank Pym, Wasp, Egghead, Taskmaster, MODOK

Thor 3 - Surter, Hela, Baldur, Freya, Beta Ray Bill

Ms. Marvel - Carol Danvers, Magnitron, Phylla-Vell, teams up with War Machine as her CO

Cap 3 - Zemo, Cut-Throat, Diamondback

Doctor Strange - Stephen Strange, Wong, Dormammu, Mordo

Black Panther - T'Chala, Moses Magnum, T'Chaka, Klaw

Hulk 2 - She-Hulk, Gamma Corps (Red Hulk, Mess, Grey, Axon, Gideon), Leader (as the actual Leader)

Black Widow - Yelena Belova

Guardians 2 - Adam Warlock, Nova, Moondragon, Fin Fang Foom

Avengers 3 - Nobody. Just reuse them and kill some of them off as it's Infinity Gauntlet. Assuming that they don't die in Age of Ultron, this is where I expect Quicksiler, Nick Fury and Hawkeye to bite it

Phase 4

Luke Cage (introducing Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Chemistro) Low budget so it can get away with an R rating as well as a fourth film. Comes out in winter
Daredevil (introducing Matt Murdoch, Jack Murdoch, Owl, Bullseye, Karen Page) Early summer. Higher budget than Luke Cage but rated PG-13
Iron Man: The Armor Wars (introducing, Ghost, Zeke Stane and multiple minor villains) Late summer
Hulk 3 (introducing Mercy) Holiday

Punisher (Introducing Frank Castle, Jigsaw, Barracuda) Lower budget and R rating. Debuts in winter
Guardians 3 (Kree-Skrull war) Early summer
Black Panther 2 (introducing Killmonger, Shanna) Late summer
Ms. Marvel 2 (introducing Moonstone, Monica Rambaeu) Holiday

Moon Knight (introducing Moon Knight, Echo, Black Spectre) Low budget. Winter release
Cap 4 (introducing the Serpent Society) Early summer
Iron Fist (introducing Dan Rand, Orson Randal, Misty Knight, Coleen Wing, Thunderer, Steel Serpent, Harold Meachum) Late summer
Thor 4 (introducing Enchantress) Holiday

The Tomb of Dracula (Introducing, Blade, Dracula, Xarus) Low budget and R rating. Winter release
Doctor Strange 2 (introducing Shuma Gorath, Clea, Doctor Voodoo) Early Summer
Black Widow 2 (introducing Black Lotus) Late Summer
Marvel Knights (Introducing Kingpin) R rating. Team up of Black Widow, Black Panther, Punisher, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Moon Knight and Echo. Holiday release. It's a big budget project albiet with the risk an R rating carries

Avengers 4 Part 1(introducing Kang) Summer
Avengers 4 Part 2 - Holiday

I decided to bump this up to four films a year since some of these properties can be made on a low budget. Street-level heroes don't require the same budget as Iron Man or Hulk to bring to life and there's always room for more grounded stories. Luke Cage would naturaly have a lot of profanity, Blade would have a ton of violence and Punisher has a a lot of both. Daredevil can scrape by with a PG-13 rating as long as some elements are toned down a bit, making it similar in tone to the Dark Knight Trilogy. Moon Knight can get away with a PG-13 rating but it doesn't need a large budget either. If the property can have a convincing fan film, it doesn't need a ton of CGI or the ability to be seen in 3D.

By the end of Phase 4, the fourth Avengers film would require a massive, massive budget with a giant cast and would need to be split into two films. 2023 is the year when evil wins. Part 1 is the fall. Part 2 is saving the world from Kang. By this point, all bankable franchises will be present except for Fantastic Four, X-Men, Silver Surfer, Spider-Man and Deadpool which Marvel doesn't own. This requires something big. Naturally, Punisher and Blade would be toned down and Luke Cage's foul-mouthed wife won't appear at all to keep it PG-13. Avengers 4 would be the part where those with powers like Ms. Marvel and Thor are pushed to their limit while Daredevil and Captain America will be surviving on grit along against hopeless odds and a world that rejects them out of fear of reprisal from Kang. This is the biggest, toughest fight that's ever happened.

The only character missing is Ghost rider but I can't think of any way that he can fit into the story. That and Sony films were so bad (and so recent) that I can't imagine Ghost Rider being a bigger draw than Iron Fist or Blade on the big screen.

Last edited by Dasher10; 10-05-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #781
Lord
All Mighty

Didn't Marvel say Phase III was going to be made up of 7 films? Then it's doubtful they would start to release 3 films a year then, or in least during all of those years.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 10-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #782
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I don't remember them saying that.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #783
Lord
All Mighty

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movi...-phase-3/68826

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 10-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #784
Dasher10
Side-Kick

This was before the announcement of a female superhero film.

Just by doing the math, Ant-Man, Avengers 3 and Doctor Strange are definitely happening. That's three films. Now there's talk about a Ms. Marvel film in Phase 3 due to fan feedback. That's four.

I still feel like Captain America, Thor and Hulk sequels are inevitable. That's seven.

Then Stan Lee mentioned Black Panther, there's been talk of actors getting offers for the role as well, along with the film being announced years ago. That's eight right there.

Let's also assume that Guardians of the Galaxy performs at the box office, that brings things up to nine.

Adding in a Black Widow film might be overkill but it can be done with a smaller budget so I'm not writing off a tenth film just yet.

Despite MS mentioning Inhumans along with Blade, I don't see those happening until Phase 4 at the earliest. Inhumans can even wait until Phase 5 since it's an expensive ensemble film that requires a ton of CGI and practical effects to make it work.

That's not even beginning to get into the potential for Power Pack sharing a universe with Big Hero Six in an animated series which would be made by Walt Disney Animation instead along with the inevitable Amazing Spider-Man 3, X-Force and Fantastic Four.

Three films a year is a good goal to shoot for but the likelihood of it happening is entirely dependent on how well Phase 2 performs. One flop will be a major setback but with Ant-Man coming out in the Summer now, there's a bug gap in Q4 which is too good of a goldmine for Marvel Studios to pass up. Twiddling their thumbs for a few months when they could increase output is a far better option. That and Captain America and Guardians were shooting at the same time.

Last edited by Dasher10; 10-07-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #785
Lord
All Mighty

Now most of that wasn't even completelly announced, we were told Marvel was trying to get a marvel female superhero film made, in this case Ms Marvel, but we still don't know when that's going to happen, it may happen now, or after, and they were already planning the film.

Dr.Strange and Black Panther weren't announced the same way as Ant-Man but they seem like the most likelly ones to be released next, so those are 2, more Ant-Man and Avengers and that makes it 4, then adding the Thor and Captain America sequels, making it 6, and leaving the spot open for either Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Ms. Marvel, the inhumans, or any other franchise.

But the later ones weren't as often referenced the way Dr.Strange and Black Panther were, those projects are as old as Guardians of the Galaxy, another Hulk solo? If i were you i wouldn't expect so much, with all the other franchises Marvel has right now it's probable that the film will be released no sooner than Phase IV.

Black Widow and War Machine movies are Basically the same, and i can only see them being made once the trilogies of Thor and Captain America are over. And this is only about MCU films, so Big Hero Six and Amazing Spider-Man don't factor into this, unless Marvel can strike a deal with SONY and work together.

It's possible Marvel may have an year with more than 2 films, but the entire Phase III? Not to mention that they are now developing television properties, and many smaller films can easily done in tv. If they start making three films in a single year it will probably not be in a row, but one year in the middle of others where they only released 2.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 10-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #786
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Uh, they misunderstood what Feige said. He said they had six or seven things going on and they'd have to narrow them down to 3-4.

Quote:
"There are three or four slots. We've got six or seven things going. We've got to choose which four will go. It's a Battle Royale!"
Adding on Ant-Man and A3, which is a given, that makes 5 or 6 films for phase 3.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #787
Lord
All Mighty

If it's only 5-6 then my guess is Ant-Man, Avengers 2, Cap 3, Thor 3 and Dr.Strange, and if there is a 6th option it'll probably be Black Panther.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 10-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #788
Mr. Dent
Banned User

It's Inhumans without a doubt.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #789
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Heroes for Hire. It would add more females to the mix and would make a really cool film.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #790
Mr. Dent
Banned User

huh? There's been no indication of a Heroes for Hire movie.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #791
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
It's Inhumans without a doubt.
I am expecting both The Inhumans and Black Panther.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 10-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #792
zeptron
Side-Kick

Ant-Man
Thor 3
Captain America 3
Doctor Strange
Black Panther
Planet Hulk or Inhumans

Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #793
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

yes to a hulk movie, no to a planet hulk movie. those rumors got debunked a long time ago.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #794
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Since they aren't continuing with another Iron Man, despite him being their biggest draw. They might possibly end the Thor & Cap solos with the upcoming sequels

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 10-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #795
Mr. Dent
Banned User

They're not "ending" anything. They're just taking a break on Iron Man because RDJ doesn't want to do anymore solo movies. When they recast Iron Man after A3, they'll start back up the Iron Man franchise.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:52 AM   #796
Dasher10
Side-Kick

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Black Widow would work best as a one-shot. A 30 minute or less short film tacked on to a Blu-Ray works for me. She's kind of like Nick Fury in the sense that she pops up from time to time in everyone else's movies. I can see her in Ant-Man, Hulk 2 and Cap 3.

Black Panther also is a street level hero. I see him more as somebody who'd be better suited for Phase 4. Sequels + Ant-Man, Ms. Marvel and Dr. Strange are enough for new franchises.

That leaves 8 films.

Also, when it comes to TV shows, Runaways should be next for live action. When it comes to animated series, I'd like to see something done with a Captain America solo series along with a new X-Men cartoon.

Last edited by Dasher10; 10-08-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #797
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Since they aren't continuing with another Iron Man, despite him being their biggest draw. They might possibly end the Thor & Cap solos with the upcoming sequels
who says they are not continuing IM? as far as I can see, the IM franchise is just on pause for phase III until they either negotiate a new contract with RDJ or found a worthy replacement

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 10-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #798
Lord
All Mighty

About Iron Man 4, as much as i want to see another one i don't think we'll see it until 2018/ 2019. Which isn't really that bad of a wait, like with Phase I, Phase IV could start with Iron Man 4 and Hulk 2. Wasn't there a rumor that a new Hulk movie would take from the Marvel Now comics where Banner works with SHIELD's resources to try to improve the world, as long as he lets them use Hulk in their oun operations? That could actually work.

Dr. Strange seems right around the corner, Black Panther was Basically in Strange's position before we started getting so much activity from it. The Inhumans can be left for Phase IV, unless the Avengers need more heavy hitters in order to defeat Thanos of course.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 10-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #799
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I don't think Marvel will have their Phase III plans until GOTG comes out. If GOTG is a hit, they'll definitely green light a sequel since it could really help with setting up Avengers 3. If GOTG does well, I think GOTG2 could be a bigger priority than a third Cap movie.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #800
venom892
Got Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I don't think Marvel will have their Phase III plans until GOTG comes out. If GOTG is a hit, they'll definitely green light a sequel since it could really help with setting up Avengers 3. If GOTG does well, I think GOTG2 could be a bigger priority than a third Cap movie.
I've said this all along. Marvel will wait to see how Thor, Cap and GOTG performs. If all three do well, expect all three to have sequels in phase 3.Meaning besides Ant Man we'll probably only get one more new franchise during Phase 3.