The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #176
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Because Venom was given more justice than deserved.
I've always hated Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Plastic Man, and Aquaman. Even so, I wouldn't wish Topher Grace on them.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:16 AM   #177
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
The only ones on that list who are even close are Parallax and Deadpool, but even they weren't gutted to the level that Venom was.
Yeah, and I liked Gambit and Wraith in X Wolverine. Venom was just embarrassing to me but everything else about Spidey 3 I liked.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #178
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

This part of the boards is like a grave.

That nobody visits...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #179
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
This part of the boards is like a grave.

That nobody visits...
That makes you a grave robber, digging up the dead... threads.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #180
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

It's because most of the attention is on TASM 2 at the moment.

- The Joker
Old 09-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #181
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
That makes you a grave robber, digging up the dead... threads.
I'm not even nearly as bad as Lord, he dug one up from the days of Spider-Man 1.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 10-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #182
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I didn't think SM2 was as great as I remember after a re-watch. Why the hell was Peter still a nerd?

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 10-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #183
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Because...he's a nerd.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #184
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Because...he's a nerd.
Exactly, that is what is so great about him!

Old 10-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #185
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
I didn't think SM2 was as great as I remember after a re-watch. Why the hell was Peter still a nerd?
When you make a character one-dimensional they tend to stay the same forever.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #186
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Because...he's a nerd.

Sure in high school but they made him too weak and nerdy in SM2. There was always so much more than that. Where was the charm and wit?

Not saying he should look and dress like how he was in the comics but they should have evolved the character from SM1.

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 10-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #187
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

You're right, GG. Peter didn't stay being the same nerd caricature for years and years.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #188
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Tobey Maguire was a good choice and a good actor but I think Rami made the mistake of keeping him the same.

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 10-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #189
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

My point is the Peter and SM we got in SM2 for the most part was like the opposite of what he is supposed to be in certain areas, some they got right.
What they got right:
Peter is a good guy
Gets down on his luck
What they got wrong...
Peter being shy
Peter still looking like a ****
A goofy charm but some of that is Rami's version so I think you can kinda pas on that
Spider-Man making quips, please don't say "Here's your change!" was it. For Christs sake that was only one joke.

I stand by my new opinion that SM1 is the best Rami film as not only is it a good film it also stays true to the comics of that period in Peter's life in the Stan Lee era anyway.

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 10-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #190
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Just to remind some folks (well one guy... Again) we have in the Hype these things called threads. In these threads your only supposed to discuss what the thread says. This is the second time I've said this, we have a thread/poll to discuss and compare both Garfield and Maguire. What's that? You want me to link it? Here you go
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...387625&page=20
You can thank me later!

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 10-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #191
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Oh, holding hands was the very confirmation that MJ was all for dumping her then current boyfriend for Peter. That's all Peter needed, and it was so much a confirmation a kiss came soon afterwards at Norman's funeral. You see, nothing better than kissing your former boyfriend's best friend that at his father's funeral.

And if Peter wasn't so afraid of endangering her, they would have become a couple straight away.

Harry didn't overreact. He entered the room and it was Peter and MJ who overreacted by letting their hands go out of GUILT.

Peter's aunt at the hospital is some lame excuse to steal your best friend's girlfriend ("Oh, Harry, I was weak, my auntie was at the hospital"). And well, Aunt May encouraged him to do it, although she might have probably think that Peter could get MJ once she had broken up with Harry, you know, so Peter didn't have to stab him in the back.
Or they moved their hands because they were startled. You seem to have a real grade school idea about relationships.

Quote:
I have to ask, who two men were almost killed?
He assaults a group of guys in an ally, who weren't doing anything illegal, and then lets the guy who looked like the robbery just dangle off the ledge of a building, screaming for help, and tells him he needs to work on his push ups.

The second one is the car thief, who he just acts like a sociopath with, even straight up inferring he would have killed him if had the tattoo.

Quote:
Like when Maguire thought, "so I'm losing my powers? I'd better tell Uncle Ben I'm just quitting"?
It's no better or worse than his reasoning for quitting in the comic. And even though he has no powers he still runs into a burning building to save a child.

Last edited by S. Grundy; 10-06-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #192
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

This thread is for discussing Rami's Spider-Man movies....you want to discuss the new movies starring Garfield...go to that forum.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #193
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This thread is for discussing Rami's Spider-Man movies....you want to discuss the new movies starring Garfield...go to that forum.
You tell him this, I tell him this, it does not work. Including his latest post it is now the third time and the post above him was another reminder by me.

I was even kind enough to link him to that respective thread (again)

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 11-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #194
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I have to ask. Does anyone have that gif from Spider-man 3 of MJ's hair flowing in the wind while she's trapped in Venom's web? Always loved that shot.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Old 11-25-2013, 02:44 AM   #195
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Dude, Peter is forever a nerd
What he didn't become in Spider-Man 2 is more confident, gutsy, and socialize
In the comics Peter is always a nerd, he fell in love with another nerd, Gwen Stacy, even the new movie show her for what she is, a nerd, even if she's not shown reading books, she is a nerd, it makes her the perfect match for nerd Peter Parker

A nerd is well informed and very attached to a certain topic/thing, Peter is a science nerd, growing out of it isn't development, it only deprives him and us of one of Spider-Man's best qualities, a science nerd

What are comic nerds? People attached to their thing, to comics, if it's good development to stop being a nerd, then maybe I should stop reading comics, cause I am a comic nerd, and I enjoy it

He should socialize more, be less of a shy self withdrawn character, but he will remain a nerd, cause that is what he is in the comics, that quality helped him develop and improve his webbing, cure Lizard and his 4 extra arms condition, enter the Think Tank in Horizon Labs, work with Tony Stark and every genius in the Marvel Universe

Old 11-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #196
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Go Aziz

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:48 AM   #197
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

June 30th next year will mark the 10th anniversary of Spider-Man 2, and I remember celebrating the 10th anniversary of the first movie like it was last week
Time sure goes by fast

Time to watch this trilogy again

Old 11-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #198
Airnick
RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Dude, Peter is forever a nerd
What he didn't become in Spider-Man 2 is more confident, gutsy, and socialize
In the comics Peter is always a nerd, he fell in love with another nerd, Gwen Stacy, even the new movie show her for what she is, a nerd, even if she's not shown reading books, she is a nerd, it makes her the perfect match for nerd Peter Parker

A nerd is well informed and very attached to a certain topic/thing, Peter is a science nerd, growing out of it isn't development, it only deprives him and us of one of Spider-Man's best qualities, a science nerd

What are comic nerds? People attached to their thing, to comics, if it's good development to stop being a nerd, then maybe I should stop reading comics, cause I am a comic nerd, and I enjoy it

He should socialize more, be less of a shy self withdrawn character, but he will remain a nerd, cause that is what he is in the comics, that quality helped him develop and improve his webbing, cure Lizard and his 4 extra arms condition, enter the Think Tank in Horizon Labs, work with Tony Stark and every genius in the Marvel Universe

Old 11-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #199
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
June 30th next year will mark the 10th anniversary of Spider-Man 2, and I remember celebrating the 10th anniversary of the first movie like it was last week
Time sure goes by fast
Wow, yes, it does. I have good memories of Spider-Man 2. It's the first comic film which made me completely connect with the hero. All his troubles, the man behind the well known image and the cost of living that life.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 11-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #200
LarryLegend
Side-Kick

Why is there a new poster named Green Goblin when there's an old poster named The Green Goblin?