The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

View Poll Results: Which look does Chris Hemsworth rock better?
Sleeved 15 45.45%
Sleeveless 18 54.55%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #51
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Default Re: "Thor needs no sleeves" Costume Thread - which look does Chris Hemsworth rock bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofhouseEl View Post
Just saw your post now, he was snapped on set and on holiday shirtless his arms don't look anywhere as big as they do in the trailer. Then again he might be on a pump while they shot the sleeveless and shirtless scenes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Or he did like most all other actors do like push ups and curls just before shooting scenes.
They look round about the same to me.

And like you guys said, of course he is curling before takes. A guy that size, the pump might add up to two inches to his biceps.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #52
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: "Thor needs no sleeves" Costume Thread - which look does Chris Hemsworth rock bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I will never give up on the helmet. To iconic in terms of his appearance in my opinion. As much as I love MCU's Thor's look, as awesome as chris is, the look will never scream "Thor" to me until he wears the helmet.

In fact, the biggest "feel" I got, in terms of "looking like Thor" was that brief 1 second moment before Thor's coronation in the first movie when he raised his hammer and had the helmet on
Indeed! The helmet NEEDS to be in at least part of the movie

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #53
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I will never give up on the helmet. To iconic in terms of his appearance in my opinion. As much as I love MCU's Thor's look, as awesome as chris is, the look will never scream "Thor" to me until he wears the helmet.

In fact, the biggest "feel" I got, in terms of "looking like Thor" was that brief 1 second moment before Thor's coronation in the first movie when he raised his hammer and had the helmet on
Different strokes for different folks

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #54
storyteller
Side-Kick

Both look good. I think the armored looks battled ready while the sleeveless shows off that he's the power and not his costume.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #55
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
Both look good. I think the armored looks battled ready while the sleeveless shows off that he's the power and not his costume.
My feelings exactly :

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 10-08-2013, 01:17 AM   #56
Morbius
Living Vampire

I loved how Thor summoned his costume in The Avengers after plummeting from the Helicarrier (though, where does the cloak come from??) - going from sleeveless to sleeved in a matter of seconds. I'd be okay with something like this in Thor 2.

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #57
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
I loved how Thor summoned his costume in The Avengers after plummeting from the Helicarrier (though, where does the cloak come from??) - going from sleeveless to sleeved in a matter of seconds. I'd be okay with something like this in Thor 2.
It`s like Loki who summoned his full costume in Germany. They just have this ability.

By the way, besides outfits it seems that high ranked Asgardians have an access to some kind of "storage space". Like cube contained/handcuffs for Loki Thor used to transport him back to Asgard were definitely not of a human making were stored somewhere before used, and I don't remember Thor dropping out of the sky with traveling bag. And the fact that after using casket on Heimdal Loki make it disappear somewhere in the first movie.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #58
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
Yeah it was, I just wished they showed the entire scene it could've been almost as cool as IM's.

Spider-Man - Hear what?