The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Old 05-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #576
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination

Default Re: The April O'Neil Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Most of it is undeserved because it should be directed towards the media who built her up as something she clearly wasn't.
Yeah I can't recall her doing anything truly heinous.

zeroapoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #577
SirAconite
Newbie First Class

Megan Fox as April O'Neil? Oh the humanity!

SirAconite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #578
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroapoc View Post
I don't recall ever hoping any character was cast as her. With the forewarning of not having seen Jennifer's Body, I don't know what a great performance from Megan Fox look like. I also don't think she's that hot, in terms of celebrities.

Personally, I think April O'Neil needed more character and less pouty lips and pretty tetas. But hey, I'm taking this movie for what it is and not what it should be.

BATZARRO WWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #579
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

I expect Megan Fox to get a Razzie nomination again!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #580
I'm Old Greg
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Thats funny but it will probably be true. ^

I'm Old Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #581
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATZARRO WWD View Post
I don't recall ever hoping any character was cast as her. With the forewarning of not having seen Jennifer's Body, I don't know what a great performance from Megan Fox look like. I also don't think she's that hot, in terms of celebrities.

Personally, I think April O'Neil needed more character and less pouty lips and pretty tetas. But hey, I'm taking this movie for what it is and not what it should be.
This is a Michael Bay movie. T&A is his specialty when it comes to his leading ladies. I mean what's a Bay movie without a female lead to get men in the audience drooling like Cro Magnons?

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #582
superhero
Side-Kick

my pick would been Amy Adams she looks like April o Nell

superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #583
Joshua_B
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhero View Post
my pick would been Amy Adams she looks like April o Nell
Nice choice, but she's a little too old. I'd pick someone like Amanda Righetti, or Emma Stone if she wasn't in the Spidey franchise.

Joshua_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #584
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Jane Levy or Emmy Rossum would be my ideal picks, but they arent going for talent they are going for Eye Candy.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #585
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
This is a Michael Bay movie. T&A is his specialty when it comes to his leading ladies. I mean what's a Bay movie without a female lead to get men in the audience drooling like Cro Magnons?
That's kinda the way...all big budget film works. Ask yourself why cat woman and black widow are running around and posing in skin tight spandex?
Just like explosions, bay didn't invent this nor is he the only person to do it, yet...

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #586
Klank
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
That's kinda the way...all big budget film works. Ask yourself why cat woman and black widow are running around and posing in skin tight spandex?
Just like explosions, bay didn't invent this nor is he the only person to do it, yet...

So neither Catwoman and Black Widow wear skintight spandex in the original source material?

While I'm certain Favreau, Whedon and Nolan were happy using a bit of eye candy I doubt they'd have outfitted those characters in such a way if it wasn't faithful to the comics. Not to mention both women are generaly respected for their acting talents as well as their beauty, Megan Fox is not.

Also it's not the use of explosions that is the problem. It's the way Bay uses it that seems needlessly excessive and detrimental to telling a good story.

Klank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #587
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klank View Post
So neither Catwoman and Black Widow wear skintight spandex in the original source material?

While I'm certain Favreau, Whedon and Nolan were happy using a bit of eye candy I doubt they'd have outfitted those characters in such a way if it wasn't faithful to the comics. Not to mention both women are generaly respected for their acting talents as well as their beauty, Megan Fox is not.
So they took well respected actresses and placed their talents into skimpy suits and dresses, and your explanation is that it was faithful to the source material so it's very different...
The point was those films are just as guilty as sensationalizing the female form as any of bays use of female leads, just as with the bond movies. Only it's always bay this comes down on, as if he's the only one that makes Hollywood movies. That's nice that you 'doubt' they would have done it had the source material not called for it, but that doesn't change the fact that a bunch of other films have this out side of the bay world.

Don't remember the source material dictating that Selina Kyle be introduced in a maids outfit with heals or bent over a motorcycle seat with her but in the air for half her action scenes, or Widow in a black dress and nothing but cleavage for her action beat...That's hollywood, only when bay does it, it's something worth complaining about. Mikeala was the high school hot girl living in the valley, it's a fair design choice that she would appear the way she did. How did it serve the story? Well it appears our lead was a young male attracted to her for her sex appeal, as most other males were in that narrative. BadBoys was about a stripper if I recall...point it, is happens.
Did princess Leia have to be introduced have naked in the third film or Natalie portman bare her midriff 5th?

Quote:
Also it's not the use of explosions that is the problem. It's the way Bay uses it that seems needlessly excessive and detrimental to telling a good story.
If you are talking about action scenes that don't progress the story, I'd need an example, but if you are talking about an explosion being detrimental to telling a story...I don't see it. A person fires a bomb, an explosion happens, somehow that hurts the film more than not having an explosion. Even my gif of Black Widow posing in front of an explosion doesn't hurt anything.

Taking a play out of your book. Explosions are in the Transformers source material., so bay had no choice. As will this film.

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #588
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

aon is a milf. whodve thunk?

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #589
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's up for debate. It could be argued that the rape scene in say, Clockwork O, didin't have to actually show boobs to get the point across...Another artist could have shot the entire scene with the camera never going into the room.

Catwoman drapped over a bike in skin tight leather and heels with the camera up her booty is cool, Black Widow using her cleavage to get out of a chair is absolutely necessary, the new star trek, Pepper Pots was actually saved in her lingerie this last time...the list list goes and on, but it always comes down to Bay.
When shia adores at the resident school hottie(and girl he has a crush on) while she pops the top on his car, the fact that bay shot that from a teen male perspective and pretty much like a pin up calander vignette is ludacrous.

Pepper's first shot in avengers is all legs and a low camera, TF3 does the same and to the same purpose(these two characters are not only intimate and have sex, but they may have just had it)...ludacrous.
To be honest, I don't even see it that many bay movies. It's not really in the Rock, Armageddon, The island...
Bad Boys is a movie about strippers and even there it's not really prevalent. If the issue is the coverage of girls in bikini's when the scene's in a strip club...Or even on a beach, I can't speak on that.

Take the "I'll drive you shoot scene" but instead, put Megan Fox into a bikini, and you'll have a situation where bay lives up to his "reputation" sadly, that never happens. What does happen however is every James Bond female "lead" for the past 50 years is introduced in more and more "interesting" ways.

If you take this scene from that new shield show preview
, give bay a producer credit, or even worse, a director credit, the response would be the obvious. However bay's not involved, so people actually express their enjoyment of such things.

I pray April doesn't have similar scene. If so, there will be this false sense of vindication across fanboy nation everywhere.
I haven't spent much time in these threads so I know this post of yours is pretty old. With that being said, you're spot on with everything you typed.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #590
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroapoc View Post
Nothing except having the audacity to accept a few high profile film roles, apparently.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #591
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
So they took well respected actresses and placed their talents into skimpy suits and dresses, and your explanation is that it was faithful to the source material so it's very different...
The point was those films are just as guilty as sensationalizing the female form as any of bays use of female leads, just as with the bond movies. Only it's always bay this comes down on, as if he's the only one that makes Hollywood movies. That's nice that you 'doubt' they would have done it had the source material not called for it, but that doesn't change the fact that a bunch of other films have this out side of the bay world.

Don't remember the source material dictating that Selina Kyle be introduced in a maids outfit with heals or bent over a motorcycle seat with her but in the air for half her action scenes, or Widow in a black dress and nothing but cleavage for her action beat...That's hollywood, only when bay does it, it's something worth complaining about. Mikeala was the high school hot girl living in the valley, it's a fair design choice that she would appear the way she did. How did it serve the story? Well it appears our lead was a young male attracted to her for her sex appeal, as most other males were in that narrative. BadBoys was about a stripper if I recall...point it, is happens.
Did princess Leia have to be introduced have naked in the third film or Natalie portman bare her midriff 5th?

If you are talking about action scenes that don't progress the story, I'd need an example, but if you are talking about an explosion being detrimental to telling a story...I don't see it. A person fires a bomb, an explosion happens, somehow that hurts the film more than not having an explosion. Even my gif of Black Widow posing in front of an explosion doesn't hurt anything.

Taking a play out of your book. Explosions are in the Transformers source material., so bay had no choice. As will this film.
No, the two situations are not the same. The difference is that Black Widow and Catwoman were actually characters, with dimension and they got interesting things to do. And yes, their costumes were accurate to the source material, and that IS a justification because people would have complained if they weren't. Bay, on the other hand, uses his female "characters" SOLELY for eye candy, that's it. They're not even really characters, just boner-fodder. Sorry, but there is a big distinction. Also, that shot of Black Widow posing in front of the explosion isn't even in the actual movie.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #592
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I haven't spent much time in these threads so I know this post of yours is pretty old. With that being said, you're spot on with everything you typed.
I also agree with his post. Plenty of other directors put young scantily clad actresses in their movies and nobody cares....Michael Bay does it and all hell breaks loose!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #593
Kosiji

Ugh....I just hope they stay true to April's character.

Kosiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:56 PM   #594
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

No official shots of April yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #595
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
No official shots of April yet?
Nothing official yet. Just set pics

Old 01-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #596
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Thanks Kal-El.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #597
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Thanks Kal-El.
No problem. I hope we get something of April soon. I'm loving that we are finally seeing stuff for this movie. I hope we get some posters that include the turtles with Aprile and the turtles with Splinter

Old 01-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #598
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Nothing official yet. Just set pics
And concept art like Kal-El's avatar.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:08 PM   #599
jaymes_e06