The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #976
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I think people bash Affleck for the same reason they bashed Heath Ledger, Anne Hathaway, Chris Evans, and Amy Adams: people love to bash casting decisions. The track record is one of Dr. Internet being consistently wrong in this regard.
The bashing of Affleck went too far.

CharlieS is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #977
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,503
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Now Tarantino ****s on Batman! Its **** on Batman season in Hollywood right now.

Here is what he had to say about the shocking casting of Affleck as Batman.
I have to admit that I don't really have an opinion. Why? Because Batman is not a very interesting character. For any actor. There is simply not much to play. I think Michael Keaton did it the best, and I wish good luck to Ben Affleck. But, you know who would have made a great Batman? Alec Baldwin in the '80s.

I share his opinion.
Keaton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bale
we'll he's right about baldwin. that was the miss of the century, and i say that as a fan of keaton.

__________________
All your data are belong to Braniac.
ЯɘvlveR is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #978
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
we'll he's right about baldwin. that was the miss of the century, and i say that as a fan of keaton.
I think we don't know, but batman 1989 was a big success.

CharlieS is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #979
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,711
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
Yeah you heard me you're a nolanite.
If you're saying I'm a fan of Nolan then you'd be right. If you mean that in an intentionally degrading way then please say so.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #980
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,844
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
If you're saying I'm a fan of Nolan then you'd be right. If you mean that in an intentionally degrading way then please say so.
The thing is, it's kind of an absurd criticism. Whether or not any particular Batman comic, movie, tv show, novel, etc is any good or entirely horrible depends entirely on the creative staff behind it.

To say that fans of the Nolan Batman movies are "nolanites" is redundant.

DA_Champion is online now  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #981
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,711
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

The problem is, some people throw around that silly word way too liberally. It's a lazy attempt at discrediting someone when there's no substabtial argument.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #982
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,250
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Baldwin would have been just as bad as Clooney as Batman. There's many actors who can play Bruce (Baldwin is one of them, mainly playboy part) and many who can play Batman. Not everyone can play both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
The problem with Nolan is that the Joker overshadowed Batman in his own film that was really bad, in Batman Begins, Batman was tested but he was in control.
Sorry buddy but Joker will ALWAYS overshadow batman on film. It's just the way it is. Nicholson overshadowed Keaton, and Ledger overshadowed Bale. Not because of Michael or Christian at all, they did fantastic in those movies, it's because the Joker is iconic and with proper casting...nobody has a chance in the same room as him. It will be like this for another 100 years so don't hold your breath if you think it's not going to happen.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #983
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 5,844
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
The problem is, some people throw around that silly word way too liberally. It's a lazy attempt at discrediting someone when there's no substabtial argument.
I think their actual argument is that they want to see a Batman movie where Batman is the world's greatest detective, the world's greatest martial artist, he fights crime every night, and then he's a brilliant and meticulous CEO during the day and a playboy in the evenings. which implies he doesn't actually sleep, and he designs and engineers and builds all his weapons.

That's my impression of people's criticisms of Nolan's Batman movies: he didn't put that cartoon on the big screen. Unlike Sherlock Holmes and Iron Man (or Jor-El in Man of Steel), he developed a more grounded and more human interpretation for film.

DA_Champion is online now  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #984
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I think their actual argument is that they want to see a Batman movie where Batman is the world's greatest detective, the world's greatest martial artist, he fights crime every night, and then he's a brilliant and meticulous CEO during the day and a playboy in the evenings. which implies he doesn't actually sleep, and he designs and engineers and builds all his weapons.

That's my impression of people's criticisms of Nolan's Batman movies: he didn't put that cartoon on the big screen. Unlike Sherlock Holmes and Iron Man (or Jor-El in Man of Steel), he developed a more grounded and more human interpretation for film.
Batman Begins was Batman year one for me but the other film in the trilogy didn't portray Batman. And i think batman begins was grounded.

CharlieS is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #985
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Baldwin would have been just as bad as Clooney as Batman. There's many actors who can play Bruce (Baldwin is one of them, mainly playboy part) and many who can play Batman. Not everyone can play both.

Sorry buddy but Joker will ALWAYS overshadow batman on film. It's just the way it is. Nicholson overshadowed Keaton, and Ledger overshadowed Bale. Not because of Michael or Christian at all, they did fantastic in those movies, it's because the Joker is iconic and with proper casting...nobody has a chance in the same room as him. It will be like this for another 100 years so don't hold your breath if you think it's not going to happen.
Nolan went too far, Nicholson's Joker overshadowed Batman but not in the same level of the Nolan's Joker, but don't get me wrong Health Ledger did a great job but i think the direction Nolan took was exaggerated.

CharlieS is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #986
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
If you're saying I'm a fan of Nolan then you'd be right. If you mean that in an intentionally degrading way then please say so.
I'm a Batman fan only. But i didn't say that in a pejorative way, only in Batman i trust.

CharlieS is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #987
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,223
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
Nolan went too far, Nicholson's Joker overshadowed Batman but not in the same level of the Nolan's Joker, but don't get me wrong Health Ledger did a great job but i think the direction Nolan took was exaggerated.
I think the difference here is that Nolan's TDK film at least had Bruce's story at the forefront of things, whereas burton's Batman film had Joker's story at the center of it all.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #988
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I think the difference here is that Nolan's TDK film at least had Bruce's story at the forefront of things, whereas burton's Batman film had Joker's story at the center of it all.
At least Keaton put joker in his place at the end. The direction Nolan took with the Joker affected TDKRises that was too far.

CharlieS is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #989
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,892
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
The direction Nolan took with the Joker affected TDKRises that was too far.
Elaborate please?

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is online now  
Old 10-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #990
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,711
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I think their actual argument is that they want to see a Batman movie where Batman is the world's greatest detective, the world's greatest martial artist, he fights crime every night, and then he's a brilliant and meticulous CEO during the day and a playboy in the evenings. which implies he doesn't actually sleep, and he designs and engineers and builds all his weapons.

That's my impression of people's criticisms of Nolan's Batman movies: he didn't put that cartoon on the big screen. Unlike Sherlock Holmes and Iron Man (or Jor-El in Man of Steel), he developed a more grounded and more human interpretation for film.
As fans we all have every right to have our preferences for what we want to see in these movies. There are a number of reasons any given fan might've had a problem with the movies, and that's all fine...my issue is when people resort to namecalling as a way of demeaning fans and saying "you're not real Batman fans". It's complete garbage. I've been a Batman fan so long that I can't even remember a time in my life before it which I imagine is the case for a lots of fans here. I just don't see the need for such pettiness.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 10-10-2013 at 08:08 PM.
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #991
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,250
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
At least Keaton put joker in his place at the end. The direction Nolan took with the Joker affected TDKRises that was too far.
You mean by killing him? I can argue that the way Nolan put him in his place, was far more accurate to the character of batman over the last 75 years. Catching him, leaving him to rot in an institute is perfection. Burton went too far by having Joker die with fear in his heart, as a coward and by the hands of Batman who knew what he was doing...a/k/a killing the Joker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
Nolan went too far, Nicholson's Joker overshadowed Batman but not in the same level of the Nolan's Joker, but don't get me wrong Health Ledger did a great job but i think the direction Nolan took was exaggerated.
Exaggerated would be Burton not Nolan. And I love both interpretations. Nicholson overshadowed Batman and so did Ledger's, the same way. As a matter of fact, I think they tapped into Nicholson's Joker a lot more to the point where the movie could have been called "Joker". Ledger's version didn't have that much screentime, and they knew when to bring it back to Bruce and Batman. If anyone else was the center of the film it wasn't Joker it was actually Dent.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #992
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
As fans we all have every right to have our preferences for what we want to see in these movies. There are a number of reasons any given fan might've had a problem with the movies, and that's all fine...my issue is when people resort to namecalling as a way of demeaning fans and saying "you're not real Batman fans". It's complete garbage. I've been a Batman fan so long that I can't even remember a time in my life before it which I imagine is the case for a lots of fans here. I just don't see the need for such pettiness.
Nobody said you're not a Batman's fan, i think you're a Batman's fan and a nolan's fan like you said.

CharlieS is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #993
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Keaton didn't kill the joker it was an accident he whipped the Joker ass.

CharlieS is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #994
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,250
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
Keaton didn't kill the joker it was an accident he whipped the Joker ass.
Did we watch different movies? Bats tied that motherf'er's ankle to that statue knowing that Joker was holding on a friggin helicopter without a way of letting go. It's murder with intention. That's too far. Compare that to Nolan's way which is fairplay.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #995
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,711
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
Nobody said you're not a Batman's fan, i think you're a Batman's fan and a nolan's fan like you said.
Okay good. To be honest I was getting some mixed signals from you and weren't sure what you were trying to imply. Didn't mean to get touchy about it. I'm happy to move on and forget the whole thing.

Anyways...I do agree with shauner that The Joker will always overshadow Batman when it comes to big screen appearances. He's just a scene stealer by nature. The question is now, is it inevitable that Batman will steal this movie from Superman? Media-wise, he currently has with all the Affleck attention.

__________________
IMAGINE THE FIRE
My TDKR Metal cover
My MOS Trailer 3 score recreation
My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #996
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Okay good. To be honest I was getting some mixed signals from you and weren't sure what you were trying to imply. Didn't mean to get touchy about it. I'm happy to move on and forget the whole thing.

Anyways...I do agree with shauner that The Joker will always overshadow Batman when it comes to big screen appearances. He's just a scene stealer by nature. The question is now, is it inevitable that Batman will steal this movie from Superman? Media-wise, he currently has with all the Affleck attention.
I agree. I think Batman and Superman should have half time each.

CharlieS is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #997
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Did we watch different movies? Bats tied that motherf'er's ankle to that statue knowing that Joker was holding on a friggin helicopter without a way of letting go. It's murder with intention. That's too far. Compare that to Nolan's way which is fairplay.
If you say. But my favorite version of batman is the Burton's version my second is the nolan's version.

CharlieS is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #998
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,971
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
Ive seen Star Trek into Darkness and it's awesome, beautiful (spok, the captain, the villain.. the best oh karl urban was great also) and way superior to Transformers 10000 times.. but I have to disagree to those who said STID is better than MOS.. first; people know about the characters (I see no comparisson cause one is an origin film and the other movie don't have to develope the characters, so...) on STID already explained, on the other hand MOS was a new start.. second; ST fans can call it the better but I find it great but not as much as many people claimed to be.. the third act was pretty poor IMO (stID).. vfx were great on taking space ships.. has emotional charges (not as high as on MOS), talking about Sci Fi I would call STID the 2nd best movie of the summer after MOS... far far better from the rest....
P.S. can someone figure the villain actor from this movie to be Brainiac in, maybe WF or MOS3 or JL maybe... great talent from the guy..
Oh I almost forgot the blonde girl was PRETTY HOT AND SEXY WITH UNDERWEAR =)
Lol wut?

STID was way better than MOS. Your post is pretty funny.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #999
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,223
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

If you take the theatricality of Burton's Batman but take the core values of Nolan's Batman and put it all into one version, then you have one hell of a Batman there folks.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #1000
CharlieS
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 812
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If you take the theatricality of Burton's Batman but take the core values of Nolan's Batman and put it all into one version, then you have one hell of a Batman there folks.
This.

Damn that post was great.

CharlieS is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.