The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 06-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #51
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

Default Re: Is Patrick Doyle coming back?

Doyle's score is my favorite of the MCU films. I hope Tyler incorporates the themes that have been established.

SpocksBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #52
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

I truly love his IM3 score. I can live with this.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #53
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddddeeee View Post
Yes, yes, **** yes!!! I was hoping for this! I loved Doyle's work, but Tyler's Iron Man 3 score really made me want to hear what he could do for Thor.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #54
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Lets hope he retains some of Doyle's cues from the first film. Thor and Captain America were the only characters that had their own distinctive themes in Phase One

Phase III: -A-CA3-DS--GOTG2--A3 Shows: -DD-JJ-IF-LC-TD One Shots:
GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:11 PM   #55
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Hopefully Tyler just does the rest of Phase 2 then in A2 we could have all the characters themes actually in the movie.

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #56
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Marvel should've done this in the first place. I mean hiring a composer to score all of Phase 1. Then maybe have that same composer continue through to score Phase 2. Or just go in a different direction and pick a different composer for Phase 2, but it's too late for that now to create a sound that represents MCU, imo. As well as trying to keep continuity with the scores/themes, imo.

I honestly think for TA2 Marvel should either keep Silvestri (eventhough his score for the first one was only decent and could've been better, imho) for continuity or hire somebody else like Giacchino instead of Tyler. Tyler's style is probably going to sound repetitive after a while. If Marvel keeps going to him.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #57
Hammer!
Side-Kick

Doyle's Thor score was one of my favorite scores in the last five or so years. Loved it!

With that said, I like that Marvel changes up composers and themes from each movie. Gives each film their own individual identity. If they would have stuck with IM's catchy, albeit generic, themes from the first film, we wouldn't have gotten the Brian Tyler's superb OST from IM3.

Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:13 AM   #58
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

Its sad Doyle won't make it again...
I agree..Thor's main theme was the best of all Marvel movies' theme (second, it was tied between Avengers' theme and Amazing Spider-Man's theme) but given that Iron Man's theme in Iron Man 3 was so good....I'm OK with Tyler..

but for Avengers 2, I don't agree ..
Marvel should keep Alan Silvestri's score for Avengers 2...
everytime i hear Hellicarrier's theme, Assemble's theme, Promise's theme, and The Avengers' Main Theme, my heart filled with thrilled of excitement...so epic...

Marvel_SKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #59
Milu
Batterson J. Manford III

Unless Tyler can make a better one, I hope he retains Thor's leitmotif from the first movie. With the exception of Iron Man 3 (the best of the IM scores in my opinion), he seems willing to reuse other's material when it comes to taking over as franchise composer. When he did The Final Destination, he reused the late great Shirley Walker's Final Destination theme, and although it was scarcely used in FD5, he gave it a blatant cameo during the Flight 180 scene, to nicely reinforce the movie as a prequel to the original.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #60
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Tyler also kept the Rambo theme for Rambo 4.

I REALLY hope he keeps Doyle's main theme's from the 1st movie, as its the best MCU score so far for me, it just fit with the character and world of Thor so perfectly. It elevated so many scene's as well, Thor trying to lift the hammer and Thor coming back to life especially were two scene's were the score was literally perfect. The last act it was used perfectly as well.

Tylers score for IM3 was great, but if he doesnt keep the main theme's from the 1st movie I will be VERY disappointed.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #61
ETGuy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milu View Post
With the exception of Iron Man 3 (the best of the IM scores in my opinion), he seems willing to reuse other's material when it comes to taking over as franchise composer.
I heard brief bits of Driving with the Top Down in the scene where Tony laughs on the phone with Rhodey during the 'WARMACHINEROX' conversation, and again when Tony and Rhodey are at the mansion in Miami when Tony's awkwardly runs down a staircase. It's not on the album, though.

ETGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #62
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I noticed that when I watched IM3 again, it has very similar themes to ones in the 1st movie at some points, I liked him incorporating that. BUT, he needs to include the main themes from Thor 1 into his score as its the best score in the MCU by a mile.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #63
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Still no news on a OST

Old 10-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #64
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

MAYBE this weekend? I mean just because TDW isn't scheduled at NYC con doesn't mean we won't get some other big news and possibly new posters tomorrow

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #65
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Hopefully! I asked BT on his facebook page, but have yet to get an answer.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #66
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Well that was quick...

Old 10-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #67
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

VERY cool!!!! wish we had stuff sooner tho. at least it comes out a few days before hand

....to every King.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #68
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I just hope beyond hope that he keeps the main theme's from the 1st movie, Thor's score was easily the best in the MCU yet and to just ditch it for the sequel would be incredibly lame.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #69
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I can see having some of the music the same like for Thor and crew on Asgard, but for the other Realms and Dark elves I'd like to hear something different for each this time around.

I would LOVE to hear the speech in my signature in Odin's Coronation for Thor this time tho.

....to every King.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #70
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

I wonder if by "full soundtrack" he means the complete score. It's possible he keeps Doyle's theme though, he has before, not to mention Iron Man's theme wasn't too different sounding from Djawadi/Debney's, especially Djawadi.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #71
warriorking
Side-Kick

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/azam-ali-lands-vocalist-thor-2-soundtrack-composer-brian-tyler
Not sure if this was posted but her style of music will really fit the tone of this movie...
I am really looking forward to the Soundtrack for this movie..

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #72
Iron_Madrigal
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
I wonder if by "full soundtrack" he means the complete score. It's possible he keeps Doyle's theme though, he has before, not to mention Iron Man's theme wasn't too different sounding from Djawadi/Debney's, especially Djawadi.
doesn't seem like marvel gives a crap about keeping any sort of continuity with themes in their movies. really dissapointing. when i watched kick-ass 2, hearing the theme during the opening brought back a lot of good feelings and elevated the movie for me.

Iron_Madrigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #73
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I can see having some of the music the same like for Thor and crew on Asgard, but for the other Realms and Dark elves I'd like to hear something different for each this time around.

I would LOVE to hear the speech in my signature in Odin's Coronation for Thor this time tho.
Oh yes, I want to hear new theme's as well, but the main theme/s from Thor should be kept as they were amazing, plus, hearing that familiar music at the start of the movie is awesome for a sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Madrigal View Post
doesn't seem like marvel gives a crap about keeping any sort of continuity with themes in their movies. really dissapointing. when i watched kick-ass 2, hearing the theme during the opening brought back a lot of good feelings and elevated the movie for me.
Spot on, as I say above, its a huge part of the enjoyment of seeing a sequel when you hear that familiar music at the start, it was the same for STID as well.

Its something we unfortunately never got to experience in the X-Men movies, the Blade movies and the Iron Man movies.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #74
Iron_Madrigal
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Oh yes, I want to hear new theme's as well, but the main theme/s from Thor should be kept as they were amazing, plus, hearing that familiar music at the start of the movie is awesome for a sequel.

Spot on, as I say above, its a huge part of the enjoyment of seeing a sequel when you hear that familiar music at the start, it was the same for STID as well.

Its something we unfortunately never got to experience in the X-Men movies, the Blade movies and the Iron Man movies.
Yeah, it's really sad. Missed opportunities. Hopefully they get Silvestri back for Avengers at least.

Iron_Madrigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #75
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor Dark World Score, Is Patrick Doyle coming back?

Wish we'd get at least bits and pieces with the Musical titles already

....to every King.