The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #851
Man.of.Tomorrow
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 8

Tarantino has a point about Baldwin in the 80s being great for the role, but he clearly doesn't know anything about Batman if he's calling him boring.

Plus he loved Superman Returns. Loved it! End of.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #852
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Eh... I don't put much stock into Tarintino's opinions. Never did.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 10-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #853
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Yeah what would Tarantino know? He's merely one of the great filmmakers of our time !

Old 10-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #854
shallbecomeabat
Yes, father...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Yeah what would Tarantino know? He's merely one of the great filmmakers of our time !
He is a great filmmaker, but still highly overrated. He just straight rips off grindhouse and exploitation cinema and people call that creative or even his own style.

Also, no matter how good you are at something... that doesn't give you the right to act as one of the biggest douchebags in the industry. Quentin is so full of himself, its disgusting. Not only on this Batman thing, but on almot everything he talks about. Name one other director on his level who has the audacity to name his top 10 favorite movies of the year, every year. Noone does that, but Quentin, because he sees himself above everyone else.

Old 10-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #855
DrMylesOBoogie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I remember reading somewhere that Tarantino wrote a 20 page review gushing over how much he loved Superman Returns.

He also loved The Lone Ranger.

He might make great movies, but his taste in (at least some) movies sucks.
I think he just thrives on being argumentative. I don't think he would have championed those films had they been more commercially accepted and successful.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #856
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
but he has a very weird taste in film he has kick ass 2 and the lone ranger in his top 10 of 2013

Old 10-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #857
roach
I am the night

But that's the thing. It's his opinion. You don't have to start hating Batman and liking the Lone Ranger movie because he does.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #858
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Agreed...but most people should start liking Lone Ranger.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #859
Watcher
Side-Kick

my manip of affleck as bats

Old 10-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #860
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I remember reading somewhere that Tarantino wrote a 20 page review gushing over how much he loved Superman Returns.

He also loved The Lone Ranger.

He might make great movies, but his taste in (at least some) movies sucks.
Or he's not just a cynical douche? You can love a movie while not thinking it's the pinnacle of filmmaking.

I'm not really the biggest Tarantino fan, but I respect his genuine appreciation for films without being a snob about what kinds of films he likes. Film is entertainment and art combined and there are films on both extremes to be enjoyed for various reasons. And that's all completely subjective.

Last edited by TheBat812; 10-11-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #861
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man.of.Tomorrow View Post
Tarantino has a point about Baldwin in the 80s being great for the role, but he clearly doesn't know anything about Batman if he's calling him boring.
If we can agree one can be a batfan solely from the movies, then it's not impossible that same individual hasn't been a fan of any of the Batman characterizations.

The character has far exceeded the comic book medium. Especially with this generation, I'd argue our most prevalent Batman works existed not in the books, but in film and tv.

While I disagree with Tarantino (and Damon for that matter), I also carry with me the knowledge of far more than he's probably aware of. If I was to judge solely the films, I wouldn't be singing praises for Batman either. I'm still waiting to be impressed.

Old 10-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #862
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Zimmer on Affleck.
He’ll be a really good Batman. It’s really quite simple, the man isn’t a fool and he’s not gonna set himself up for a fall. He’s a great filmmaker in his own right, he really is, I think he knows exactly what he’s doing.

Such comments irritate me to no hell. Just like the rest of celebrity endorsements, the comment is again about how Batman is alright for Affleck. NOT if Affleck is alright for Batman.

Again, people in Hollywood don't give a flying **** about Batman like the fanboys do (though they do enjoy the money it brings). They mostly care about Affleck. And they are defending his casting from the opposite direction. That Batman would not harm Affleck's career.

But the fanboys don't care about that. The fanboys want to know if Affleck will spoil the character of Batman.

And now the Affleck fanboys come out in three... two... one...

Old 10-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #863
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Yeah, you know this tactic of yours calling anyone who disagrees with you a fanboy to belittle their opinion is getting extremely old. All it shows is that you have nothing to back your opinion up and are resorting to name calling. That's just lame.

*splat*
Old 10-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #864
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

The reason film makers don't care as much as us is because they are in the business of caring about film. We are in the business of obsessing about a small subgenre of media known as "superheroes". In the same way Superman was right for Henry Cavill, he'd been trying to attach himself to a franchise for years, then Superman was getting a new series and he succeeded.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #865
Homer J. Fong
Not a golem

I feel like I need to say to all the people who say "Tarantino makes great movies, but his taste is terrible" that if he didn't have the taste he has, he wouldn't have made the movies he's made. He celebrates and finds value in the most unexpected movies, and good on him for that. I don't always agree with the guy, but I like him based on his public persona, and, more importantly, he's a brilliant filmmaker.

BATMAN FOREVER
SCENE BY SCENE

Last edited by Homer J. Fong; 10-13-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #866
Rowsdower!
Hmmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
Or he's not just a cynical douche? You can love a movie while not thinking it's the pinnacle of filmmaking.

I'm not really the biggest Tarantino fan, but I respect his genuine appreciation for films without being a snob about what kinds of films he likes. Film is entertainment and art combined and there are films on both extremes to be enjoyed for various reasons. And that's all completely subjective.
Please. Tarantino is not above ripping a movie apart because he thinks it's garbage (I'd post a link to what he said about The Matrix Reloaded, but it's a bit too profane). He may not be a "douche" like you're implying I am, but he's every bit as cynical as you or me. I'm sure that he would think a person who likes the Matrix sequels has bad taste, just as I feel that his taste is at least questionable given some of the movies he likes.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Old 10-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #867
Rowsdower!
Hmmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
This is pretty damned badass. I would love to see a costume that looked like that in this movie.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Old 10-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #868
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Zimmer on Affleck.
Heíll be a really good Batman. Itís really quite simple, the man isnít a fool and heís not gonna set himself up for a fall. Heís a great filmmaker in his own right, he really is, I think he knows exactly what heís doing.

Such comments irritate me to no hell. Just like the rest of celebrity endorsements, the comment is again about how Batman is alright for Affleck. NOT if Affleck is alright for Batman.

Again, people in Hollywood don't give a flying **** about Batman like the fanboys do (though they do enjoy the money it brings). They mostly care about Affleck. And they are defending his casting from the opposite direction. That Batman would not harm Affleck's career.

But the fanboys don't care about that. The fanboys want to know if Affleck will spoil the character of Batman.

Well, personally I think Affleck will do OK as Bats. I hope I'm surprised and he knocks it out of the park. I don't think he will derail the film any more than the possibility of bad writing/editing/characterization.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #869
Mister J
El Jefe de Pķrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Zimmer on Affleck.
Heíll be a really good Batman. Itís really quite simple, the man isnít a fool and heís not gonna set himself up for a fall. Heís a great filmmaker in his own right, he really is, I think he knows exactly what heís doing.

Enough with your hostility in decrying this casting decision to anyone who may think otherwise.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember thereís always madness. Madness is the emergency exitÖ you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them awayÖ forever.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #870
StarLord
Legendary Outlaw...

The hatred toward Tarantino because of his comment is unreal and embarrassing.

Not everyone has to like Batman. People need to accept that it's called an 'opinion' and move on.

Old 10-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #871
Homer J. Fong
Not a golem

He's certainly not the only one to think Batman's an uninteresting character, either.

BATMAN FOREVER
SCENE BY SCENE
Old 10-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #872
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

i like batman and i like tarantino. don't care what he thinks about batman.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #873
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

But do you care what Batman thinks about him?

That's the question.

1. UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2. Give Me News, Or Get the Hell Out.

Old 10-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #874
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
This is awesome! I like it.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #875