The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #876
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman!! - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
The hatred toward Tarantino because of his comment is unreal and embarrassing.

Not everyone has to like Batman. People need to accept that it's called an 'opinion' and move on.
Tarantino's movies are among my top favourites. I don't always agree with the guy, but yep, as you say, it's just his opinion. It doesn't cut me to the core or make me turn my back. For me, he delivers the goods on the screen.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Old 10-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #877
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

My main question is why does the press ask everyone in Hollywood and their mother their opinion on Batman film related stuff, for headlines I suppose.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 10-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #878
Homer J. Fong
Not a golem

Because people still like superhero movies, people liked Nolan's Batman movies, and there isn't actually anything to say about Ben Affleck as Batman yet?

BATMAN FOREVER
SCENE BY SCENE
Old 10-12-2013, 03:10 AM   #879
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
my manip of affleck as bats
Excellent! But damn, those are freakin horns for bat ears!

Old 10-12-2013, 03:52 AM   #880
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra Cain View Post
Excellent! But damn, those are freakin horns for bat ears!
devil man

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 10-12-2013, 04:47 AM   #881
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallbecomeabat View Post
He is a great filmmaker, but still highly overrated. He just straight rips off grindhouse and exploitation cinema and people call that creative or even his own style.

Also, no matter how good you are at something... that doesn't give you the right to act as one of the biggest douchebags in the industry. Quentin is so full of himself, its disgusting. Not only on this Batman thing, but on almot everything he talks about. Name one other director on his level who has the audacity to name his top 10 favorite movies of the year, every year. Noone does that, but Quentin, because he sees himself above everyone else.
Maybe because he honestly just wants to talk about movies, and is a fan as much as a filmmaker?

I actually know someone who worked with Tarantino and Tarantino's apparently one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people in the biz. I'm not even a fan of his movies really, but seriously guys. He's suddenly the scum of the earth because he's not a Batman fan?

Quote:

Not everyone has to like Batman. People need to accept that it's called an 'opinion' and move on.
This.

Some people just don't like Batman, or find him compelling, for whatever reason. Not the end of the world.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:40 AM   #882
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Yes he can have an opinion just everybody else so what? He doesn't have to like Batman. I don't like Harry Potter or other superheroes much as Batman. I agree with him on Alec Baldwin as Batman though, he would been great just look at The Shadow.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #883
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

You don't like Harry Potter?!!!!

AVADKA KEDAVRA!!!!!!!

I checked out IGN and the comments mostly consist of "I am never watching any of his crap movies again!" Ah, nerds.

But seriously, I'm not a big fan of that series.

Last edited by terry78; 10-12-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #884
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Yes he can have an opinion just everybody else so what? He doesn't have to like Batman. I don't like Harry Potter or other superheroes much as Batman. I agree with him on Alec Baldwin as Batman though, he would been great just look at The Shadow.
I love Baldwin as The Shadow and am one of the few that actually likes that movie even as a kid I thought Baldwin would make a great Batman, wasn't he rumored for both 89 and BF if I remember correctly?

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 10-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #885
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah, im not a Harry Potter fan either. Tarantino is still my favorite director and yes he's one of the coolest guys on the planet. If I can hang with 1 celeb it would be him. But I still disagree with what he's saying.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #886
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I love Baldwin as The Shadow and am one of the few that actually likes that movie even as a kid I thought Baldwin would make a great Batman, wasn't he rumored for both 89 and BF if I remember correctly?
He showed In Shadow he would be good batman.He was considered for batman 1989 before Producers suggested to Tim Burton Michael Keaton as
Batman. His brother william was consrided to replace Keaton In Batman Forever before Val Kilmer was cast.

Old 10-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #887
Man.of.Tomorrow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
You don't like Harry Potter?!!!!

AVADKA KEDAVRA!!!!!!!
The Harry Potter books are awesome - but the Harry Potter movies are the biggest crock of s*** on film!

Old 10-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #888
Rorschach2012
$

The last four Harry Potter movies from Yates were SO awesome. I love all the movies, but i can understand people not liking some of the earlier ones. Except for Prisoner of Azkaban. That one's amazing.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #889
baerrtt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post

He was a WB favourite for the role in the Burton movie but Tim, who had a bad experience directing him on BEETLEJUICE, refused to work with him again.

When BF came round it was his brother, William, who was one of the final contenders for the part.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #890
Project862006
Banned User

1980's baldwin would of been an awesome bruce

Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #891
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yes, I can see it. Also, in regards to Tarantino, there is a fine line between homage and ripoff. His films are homages. If he doesn't like Batman, fine that's his opinion. People acting like he's the Antichrist are only embarrassing themselves.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #892
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:

The funny part is that the reactions to this is a reason why Tarantino doesn't want to touch any superhero stuff. I can understand him. With very dedicated fans you get both the best and the worst kind.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #893
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Tarantino has said he'd never do a superhero comic because the fans obsess over casting or the color red in Superman's cape.
That's true, look at the reaction to Tarantino's remarks. Too many fans with too much time on their hands. And I am so sick of the constant excuse for every comic book character, "it's never been done right on the big screen". With decades of films behind some of these characters if they haven't been done right yet then it will never be.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 10-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #894
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
That's true, look at the reaction to Tarantino's remarks. Too many fans with too much time on their hands. And I am so sick of the constant excuse for every comic book character, "it's never been done right on the big screen". With decades of films behind some of these characters if they haven't been done right yet then it will never be.
I think Batman hasn't been done right, Burton's and Nolan's came close

Old 10-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #895
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

I don't understand this whole "right" thing. Batman is fictional. Right, wrong, how are we supposed to know? The character in comics (which are supposed to be canon) has changed drastically through the decades too.

I mean, I'm not a fan of the Adam West and George Clooney Batman because it's far too lighthearted for the character's fictional biography, but I'm not going to call it wrong, or less right. It's another interpretation.

I find things to enjoy about Miller's hardass Goddamn Batman, just as I find equally enjoyable things about Nolan's softie Batman, and even Burton's Gothic mysterious Batman (though his movies scared the s*** out of me as a kid). I'm just a fan of Batman, do we really have to categorize the different interpretations into buckets of right and wrongness?

Old 10-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #896
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Seriously done right is an empty statement, it usually just means the person using it just hasn't gotten every last thing they wanted. I once heard someone use the excuse for why Lex Luthor continuously needs to be used as the villain as opposed to letting a new villain have a chance in a Supes movie.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #897
Rorschach2012
$

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APzBMgj8WiA

This is what I would consider right. The Arkham games do it "right", and so did the animated series.

In the nolan films, Batman was too grounded for me, I'd like a Batman that is capable of doing extraordinary things like he is in the Arkham games and TAS. I want a universe where characters like Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy are able to exist, the new universe needs to be more of a fantasy like it is in the comics. Then Batman will be done right.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #898
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Then say that is your favorite version. That's a fair thing to say. "Right" is a useless term for a fictional character.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #899
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Then say that is your favorite version. That's a fair thing to say. "Right" is a useless term for a fictional character.
I don't agree with this, at all. I get it, you like a lot of different interpretations, and that's fine, but that doesn't mean they're all a "correct/good/right" version of Batman, just because he's a fictional character. There's tons of great Elseworld Tales that are fun to read, and I like them, but for the most part, it's not a "right/correct" interpretation of Batman. Look at something drastic like Red Rain, where Batman is a friggin vampire. It's a fun comic, and I like it, but it's far from bring "right". And it's clear that's what Rorschach is implying.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #900
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Round and round we go. I think frankly for Affleck a hybrid of Burton and Nolan's Bat would suffice. Split the difference, which is what they kinda did for the Arkham games.

Closed Thread