The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #476
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Ok. You personally can expect and hope for them.
I'm not "expecting" anything. I'm just not ruling the trunks out.

*splat*
Old 10-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #477
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
That was only in reference to Superman, and the right of it is, that he wanted the trunks but could not find a way to portray them appropriately, so the dropped them. For Batman, which he has not discussed any aspects of the suit, you cannot say the trunks are absolutely out of the question, just like I can't say they are absolutely going to be a part of the costume. At this point it could go either way is all I'm saying.
True, he did say that he went through 1500 designs with trunks for Superman, I'm sure he'll try to make it work, and I think trunks are easier to pull off with Batman than Superman. I'd be so happy with the trunks.

I really hope the bat logo gets changed a little bit to reflect this symbol more

Just rewatched the Dark Knight Returns Part 2, i really think a straight adaptation of that suit would be ideal, maybe a little bit different of a cowl, but everything else is perfect

Old 10-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #478
batman_1989_
Side-Kick

I think an hybrid between the INC batsuit and the BTAS one would be ideal.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #479
hafizbat
Side-Kick

The New 52 era batsuit continues to impress. It's perfect, imo, and can be brought to life. I hope Snyder will bring imagery like this to life. We need a definitive shot of Batman in the rain.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #480
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

It's really not that different from the traditional suit. It's just missing the briefs.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #481
Dk1201
Side-Kick

would love to see a manip of the Dark knight suit to match the leaked art.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #482
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
It's really not that different from the traditional suit. It's just missing the briefs.
Yes, it takes the traditional suit and makes it look a bit sturdier and less spandexy with modern, flexible,light armor (there are many posts about how this stuff is real). It takes away the trunks without the "Same color PJs" issue. And I like the gauntlets, belt, and cowl.

And we have yet to see the traditional suit on screen, so the New 52 style would be ideal, imo.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #483
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Yes, it takes the traditional suit and makes it look a bit sturdier and less spandexy with modern, flexible,light armor (there are many posts about how this stuff is real). It takes away the trunks without the "Same color PJs" issue. And I like the gauntlets, belt, and cowl.
Those aren't what I consider significant differences. Different artists interpreted the classic costume in many different ways over the years. The New 52 uniform is basically another one of those, but without the briefs.

Quote:
And we have yet to see the traditional suit on screen, so the New 52 style would be ideal, imo.
It'd be a good starting point.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #484
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Yeah, I agree, something like the 52 suit would work for me.

*splat*
Old 10-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #485
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post

The New 52 era batsuit continues to impress. It's perfect, imo, and can be brought to life. I hope Snyder will bring imagery like this to life. We need a definitive shot of Batman in the rain.
Gorgeous

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 10-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #486
Watcher
Side-Kick

My manip of affleck as bats

Old 10-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #487
Travesty
TEOL

Nice job. Any way you could make a version with the ears shorter?

Old 10-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #488
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

I seriously hope that I'm wrong,but the more I think about it the more I feel like they're going to go for a very armored look.
Possibly more armored than previous film incarnations have been.

1.Like I said before,they're not going to really have time or reason to explain batman's regular suit since it's dropping in on a time when batman has already been around for a while and won't need an origin story.
2.They're probably going to want to emphasize the fact that batman is only human and needs more protection than the god like super being to do the same job.

I'm betting that we'll get something like the arkham origins suit.

Last edited by Astro13Zombie; 10-11-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #489
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

The suit in Arkham Origins, in my opinion, The Dark Knight suit done right. It's armoured, utilitarian and looks like something almost functional. But it still retains everything about classic Batman. I'd quite like it as the suit in the film, given a few changes.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #490
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I'm not too fond of the Arkham Origins suit but it is still nowhere as heavy-looking as any of the armored suits we got so far. It would still be a step up, but that's not saying much.

Plus, seeing how Batman wears so much armor because he is younger/inexperienced and then upgraded to a more lightweight fabric suit when he got older, I don't see an older Batman wearing the same armored suit. Then again, we are getting a watered down Batman yet again, this time one that needed around an entire decade of a headstart to be considered an equal to the rest of the JL. Maybe it will take him another 10 years to learn how to make a solid fabric suit as well.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #491
mattyt81
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
My manip of affleck as bats

this is pretty much how im thinking he will look. but with shorter ears.

Old 10-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #492
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I wouldn't have a problem with that above but obviously it would look less cosplay and more professional so to speak.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 10-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #493
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by afan View Post
Fully realize that the suit will probably be somewhere in the middle of the two, but shouldn't some thought be put into the ease at which the suit can be put on while designing it.
No. Batman is one superhero who never needs to do a quick-change. He's a detective. He seeks out the bad guys. Investigating and interrogating. He only does it when he's prepared, and putting on the costume/protection/gear is a part of that. He doesn't need a suit he can put on quickly any more than a SWAT officer needs a casual tshirt uniform to wear into active duty... because bulletproof armor and a helmet takes too much time to put on?

I kind of like the idea of different levels of protection and maybe he might have a very light suit for when the situation calls for it, but I couldn't see him wearing it in most cases, and certainly not in a "Batman Vs. Superman" story. Maybe he could use it just when he needs to meet with other heroes in a safe environment and won't be immediately going out to beat up bad guys. Or for the Justice League when he's hanging back as the team's coordinator and not really getting in on the action so much.

Or, here's an idea, maybe his suit is modular? It could start as a base, simple grey undersuit with simple gloves and such, but he could add various armored pieces as he feels necessary. Doing it that way could be really toyetic, look cool, and also make a bit of sense. That way, he could have the basic grey suit in the batcave, but then throw on a little armor when he's going out and might get shot at or take on a super-powered heavy-hitter.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #494
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
In my 50 + years as a a Bat-fan I can't recall a single incident where he has worn a suit under his civilian garb (at least not on a regular basis, maybe for a special situation where he expected trouble, but not as a habit), it's always as you say, he has a spare suit stashed nearby, in his car, in his offices, in any one of his many real estate holdings in town, etc.
I think I remember him wearing the batsuit under his civilian clothes at one point in death in the family.
When he was investigating overseas.
Could be completely wrong though.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #495
roach
I am the night

It happened once or twice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BatmanShirtRip.jpg (60.3 KB, 0 views)

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #496
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
I think I remember him wearing the batsuit under his civilian clothes at one point in death in the family.
When he was investigating overseas.
Could be completely wrong though.
Like I said, he may have done it once or twice under special circumstances, but he did not do it as a matter of habit, unlike Clark Kent.

*splat*
Old 10-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #497
Rorschach2012
$

I actually think the new 52 costume is one of the weakest designs I've seen of Batman. I think all the extra seems and lines are ugly.

Batman Inc costume sucks too. So does Earth One.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #498
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

The New 52 suit is literally just the standard black-and-grey suit minus the briefs. Nothing revolutionizing.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #499
Rorschach2012
$

Actually it has a bunch of ugly seams, an ugly belt, and an ugly symbol.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #500
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

We are exaggerating a little bit, aren't we? Even the symbol, really?

Closed Thread