The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #226
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,990
Doh Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
I think someone is forgetting that the only reason Peter was at the wrestling ring in the first place was to win money to buy a car to impress Mary Jane. Who wasn't even single.

What a douche.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #227
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,022
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

It's because of Spider-Man 3 that children can't sleep at night

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #228
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,481
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
It's because of Spider-Man 3 that Haters can't sleep at night
Fixed.

__________________
R.I.P Robin Williams 1951-2014

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #229
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,994
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

It's thanks to Spider-Man 3 that children learn to hate at a young age.

__________________
Pomp and Circumstance【Mikasa & Annie】
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #230
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
It's thanks to Spider-Man 3 that children learn to hate at a young age.
Looking at the glass half full, maybe some of them refused to be emos as teenagers, if purely because of how bad that looked in SM3.


Last edited by Senator Pleasury; 10-12-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #231
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,022
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

The only part that haunts me is the emo bit. If that was gone AI would have moved on with my life.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #232
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,847
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Nothing Bernard say to Harry is new information. I've never had a problem with his intervention *shrugs*

henzINNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #233
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Nothing Bernard say to Harry is new information. I've never had a problem with his intervention *shrugs*
It sounded pretty new to Harry. Oh, and it feels like pretty weird why that butler who happened to have all that info never said it to Harry before, like before he blamed someone else, for example. Or before police determined Norman's cause of death.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #234
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,813
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
Looking at the glass half full, maybe some of them refused to be emos as teenagers, if purely because of how bad that looked in SM3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
It's thanks to Spider-Man 3 that children learn to hate at a young age.
I was 12 when the film came out, and i can assure you all that me and all my friends loved it.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #235
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I was 12 when the film came out, and i can assure you all that me and all my friends loved it.
You and all your friends were 12, right?

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #236
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,813
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
You and all your friends were 12, right?
No, my friends at the time were 45 years old

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #237
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
No, my friends at the time were 45 years old
Then it might have been midlife crisis.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #238
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,813
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

I hope you know i was kidding, it's just a testament that kids liked the film, we weren't bothered by emo Peter, we were too entertained by the villains and fights on screen

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #239
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,022
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Wow this thread was pretty calm untill Dragon tried to convince people that 53 is a bigger number than 77

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #240
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,022
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Math for Dummies:

77% of 769,715 = 592,680

53% of 2,234,739 = 1,184,411

Now, take out your favorite crayon and circle the number that's bigger.
I can't seem to find my favourite crayon, I think you may have shoved it up your nose which might explain why you have ridiculous logic.
Oh but I thought RT is just made up of fanboys? I've been looking at RT every week. TASM alternates between 77 and 80 really fast. Also IM3 is up too. I take it films like MOS,Cap,Thor and X-Men even though they have higher RT scores but less votes must also mean that they were more poorly recieved?

If you spent less time bulls***ing the Hype with Jim Carrey rumours you might make better arguments.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #241
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 13,796
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

If you have to talk yourself into liking a movie then it probably isn't a good movie.

If a movie doesn't win you over by the end credits then it failed to do its job.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #242
Antihero
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 316
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

I was hugely entertained by SpiderMan 3.

I wasn't a internet geek back then.Only after browsing through various forums/websites,I found out SM 3 was hated.It doesn't change my opinion of the film.I liked it a lot.


Last edited by Antihero; 11-10-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #243
kguillou
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 5,547
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

I'll be painfully honest, as much as I hate to admit it, SM3 is one of those cases where everyone else's opinion definitely affected my own. I remember being thoroughly entertained by SM3 when I first saw it. I was a little disappointed with Venom but overall I enjoyed the film. Then when all of my friends slammed it coupled with the vitriol from the internet, I think I convinced myself that I liked it less than I actually did. Eventhough, it definitely has flaws but i do not think its the horrible CBM that its been labeled as since.

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #244
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,481
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I'll be painfully honest, as much as I hate to admit it, SM3 is one of those cases where everyone else's opinion definitely affected my own. I remember being thoroughly entertained by SM3 when I first saw it. I was a little disappointed with Venom but overall I enjoyed the film. Then when all of my friends slammed it coupled with the vitriol from the internet, I think I convinced myself that I liked it less than I actually did. Eventhough, it definitely has flaws but i do not think its the horrible CBM that its been labeled as since.
You're not the first person I've heard admit that.I think in the case of several films (X3,Origins,IM2,SM3) people left the theater generally feeling positive about those films.It's only after the online butchering began that they became "Wurst filmz everrrr" candidates.

__________________
R.I.P Robin Williams 1951-2014

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #245
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain
 
DaddlerTheDalek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Germany, NRW
Posts: 774
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
You're not the first person I've heard admit that.I think in the case of several films (X3,Origins,IM2,SM3) people left the theater generally feeling positive about those films.It's only after the online butchering began that they became "Wurst filmz everrrr" candidates.
My only Problem with IM2 is that the Final Fight: IM & WM vs WP was to Short.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
You're watching a Poster!
DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #246
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,990
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Math for Dummies:

77% of 769,715 = 592,680

53% of 2,234,739 = 1,184,411

Now, take out your favorite crayon and circle the number that's bigger.
You owe me a new monitor.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #247
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 35,601
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
You owe me a new monitor.
What are you doing in this section?

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #248
Dragon
No Way as Way
 
Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: New York, NY USA
Posts: 9,989
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
You owe me a new monitor.
Anyone who'd actually try that shouldn't be operating machinery.

__________________
Kwai Cheng: Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?

Kung-Fu, 1972
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #249
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
You're not the first person I've heard admit that.I think in the case of several films (X3,Origins,IM2,SM3) people left the theater generally feeling positive about those films.It's only after the online butchering began that they became "Wurst filmz everrrr" candidates.
Spider-Man 3 was okay, it wasn't as good as the other two but I liked it at the time. The only part that got on my nerves was the Butler speech, that was weak and the end was forgettable. I was in 8th grade in 2006, Peter was NOT emo, I saw real emos everyday. Peter was Maguire with a trendier hairstyle, wearing black which is indicative of the symbiote. The whole symbiote Spider-Man was handled poorly, which while very disappointing, wasn't half as bad as people say. When I left the theater I was satisfied and just took it as another installment.

The difference being from X-Men 3 was I left satisfied, but feeling empty, which ultimately lead to me not even seeing Wolverine Origins and only going to First Class because my friend I was staying with was. Iron Man 2 actually had the opposite effect on me, I hated it at the time, but with the cartoonier MCU (as opposed to the more real world of IM (2008)) I can appreciate much more (Also every MCU film since I've gone in with lower standards and left blown away).

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #250
Vid Electricz
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,845
Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Spider-Man 3 was okay, it wasn't as good as the other two but I liked it at the time. The only part that got on my nerves was the Butler speech, that was weak and the end was forgettable. I was in 8th grade in 2006, Peter was NOT emo, I saw real emos everyday. Peter was Maguire with a trendier hairstyle, wearing black which is indicative of the symbiote. The whole symbiote Spider-Man was handled poorly, which while very disappointing, wasn't half as bad as people say. When I left the theater I was satisfied and just took it as another installment.
lol @ "real emos".

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.