The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,133
Default Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

I smell a possible love triangle brewing, either that or some burning retinas at the beauty of Amy Adams. :o

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is online now  
Old 10-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
Audrey
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 295
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Here's a query for you:
What personality imperfection does Lois Lane in MoS have?

Answer:
none.

That's how shallow the writing was.
I am not a fan of David Goyer and I believe the script was the weakest link with the film. (NOT The actress. I continue to shake my head all of you "Experts" who think that Amy Adams doesn't have the "skill set" for Lois Lane. Give me a break. If I rolled my eyes any harder they'd be in the back of my skull.)

But I think it's fairly clear she had some flaws.

Like every other version of Lois Lane, she walked into danger without thinking twice about it. She was brave to a fault. Following Clark deep into the mountain was a fairly stupid thing to do. But she's too curious and her curiosity got the best of her.

Letting a flash bulb off once she got into the cavern was also an impulsive thing to do but again, her ambition drove her and not common sense.

Following Clark across the world because she just could NOT LET IT GO is also a fairly standard Lois LAne personality tic. It's a tic that CAN bring good but can also get her into trouble. She was LUCKY that Clark turned out to be the guardian angel he was. What if he wasn't a good guy? She would have been in serious trouble? Again, her inability to let things go could have blown up in her face.

Volunteering to go on the ship? Again, it's her bravery making her put herself at risk to a fault.

Another flaw....cockiness. She thought she was going to be able to outrun the FBI. Who thinks they can outrun the FBI? Lois Lane. It's a character flaw. She's confidant to a fault.

Lois' bravery is a commendable, amazing thing. It's an iconic trait. She's fearless. But her ambition and impulsivity can also be flaws. That was clear as day to me in the film.

The writing in the film was not what it should have been but to imply that Lois had no flaws or personality tics that showed weakness is simply NOT true.

Audrey is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator
 
The Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In the Sage's lair
Posts: 45,781
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

I see I'm late to this since the previous thread was closed. But it's worth saying.

I don't know how many times this has been stated. This is not the Smallville forums. There's a total section dedicated to that. Please don't spam and fill this thread or others in this section with paragraphs and posts about the show and its stars.

__________________
Everyone brings joy to this forum. Some by coming in. Some by going out...
The Sage is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 17,004
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Recent Pic of Amy.


__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 3,072
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Recent Pic of Amy.

.....she looks kinda transparent lol

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #7
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,386
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

I agree with Audrey,

While Goyer's script was the weakest part of the film, I thought the cast, did a great job with their performances.

Amy completely sold me that she was "Lois" in the film, which is ironic because a few years again, I wouldn't have thought of her for the role.

I've heard many people, namely general audience members (and not comic book readers) who have said that Amy's Lois was the first time in their recent memory that they enjoyed the character of Lois on the big screen.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 10-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
I see I'm late to this since the previous thread was closed. But it's worth saying.

I don't know how many times this has been stated. This is not the Smallville forums. There's a total section dedicated to that. Please don't spam and fill this thread or others in this section with paragraphs and posts about the show and its stars.
There's a gulf between going completely off-topic and legitimate comparative studies. If we can discuss Keaton, Kilmer, and Bale in the Affleck thread, and if we can discuss Reeve, Routh, Cain, and Welling in the Cavill thread, why should we not be allowed to discuss Durance, Bosworth, Kidder, and Hatcher in the Amy Adams thread?

Are we banned from bringing up previous incarnations of Superman for comparison in this forum, or just banned from bringing up Smallville in the Amy Adams thread?

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #9
Audrey
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 295
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
There's a gulf between going completely off-topic and legitimate comparative studies. If we can discuss Keaton, Kilmer, and Bale in the Affleck thread, and if we can discuss Reeve, Routh, Cain, and Welling in the Cavill thread, why should we not be allowed to discuss Durance, Bosworth, Kidder, and Hatcher in the Amy Adams thread?

The "comparative studies" taking place are LOADED with troubling sexist commentary on all sides as well as leading to off-topic conversations because the bashing that is taking place is so ridiculous.

If you bring up another woman then that most assuredly is unfair because we can't respond to "Defend" because then it goes off-topic.

As a fellow poster, I would greatly prefer if people could refrain from discussing these other women except under rare circumstances.

Frankly, it's bad enough that as a female fan I have to deal with misogynist, crap comments about Amy Adams on a daily basis. I simply cannot deal with it in terms of the other women as well.

It's exhausting, disheartening and makes this board an unbearable place to visit and engage. I'm really not sure why it's so hard for some people to understand that every version of Lois Lane has been valid and has meant something to someone. Every single one. This board clearly has a biased slant right now which is intensely unfortunate bc I think (actually I know) that it's driving other people away who want to engage.


Last edited by Audrey; 10-13-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Audrey is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #10
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 17,004
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Yeah, this thread kinda sucks now, lol.

All I can do is post recent, amazing, pics of Amy, lol.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #11
Audrey
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 295
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Yeah, this thread kinda sucks now, lol.

All I can do is post recent, amazing, pics of Amy, lol.
I love the pictures you post.

I had a friend at the New York Film Festival last night. I heard "Her" was very well received.

Audrey is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 17,004
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Thank you. I'm not really interested in that movie but it's nice to know it was good.

I hope she answers questions about the Batman/Superman movie and what she wants for Lois.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,386
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Yeah, this thread kinda sucks now, lol.

All I can do is post recent, amazing, pics of Amy, lol.
And just think, in an year from now, we'll likely get some photos of Amy as Lois again to post up as well.

Though I'm ready to hear the onslaught of complaints from people that will fret about how her hair is still not the right color.lol

Honestly, though, i still wonder why people even bother comparing Amy's Lois to the past incarnations of Lois that we've had on television since it's an unfair comparison.

Teri and Erica had several hours/seasons worth to develop and explore their characters to their very cores, something that no film version of Lois will ever have in that length.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 10-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #14
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator
 
The Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In the Sage's lair
Posts: 45,781
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
There's a gulf between going completely off-topic and legitimate comparative studies.
Yes there is. And when there are essay long posts discussing Smallville one after another with no actual comparisons, it's called going off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
If we can discuss Keaton, Kilmer, and Bale in the Affleck thread, and if we can discuss Reeve, Routh, Cain, and Welling in the Cavill thread, why should we not be allowed to discuss Durance, Bosworth, Kidder, and Hatcher in the Amy Adams thread?
If doing comparisons, fine. But going into long discussions about the show in the Superman/Batman film? That's an issue. This forum has a history of casting bashing and Smallville/Superman film bashing that's lead to flame wars and we don't want to revisit that territory at all.

__________________
Everyone brings joy to this forum. Some by coming in. Some by going out...
The Sage is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #15
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator
 
The Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In the Sage's lair
Posts: 45,781
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Though I'm ready to hear the onslaught of complaints from people that will fret about how her hair is still not the right color.lol
Really? Even though Noel Neill's hair was reddish color and Lois' hair has been reddish in the comics before? Yeesh.

__________________
Everyone brings joy to this forum. Some by coming in. Some by going out...
The Sage is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #16
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Really? Even though Noel Neill's hair was reddish color and Lois' hair has been reddish in the comics before? Yeesh.
I don't think many people are actually bothered by Amy Adams' hair colour, it's just a strawman brought up.

You can go through the last thread and count the number of people who wished that she dyed her hair brown (I think it was 0 or 1), which means it was item #37,956 on the list of concerns (approximately), and thus it's not a major concern.

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #17
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8,957
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Hey,I still think she'd look like the perfect Lois with black hair,but that's just me...

__________________
We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.

We are T. H. E. M.
Human Torch is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #18
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Yes there is. And when there are essay long posts discussing Smallville one after another with no actual comparisons, it's called going off topic.

If doing comparisons, fine. But going into long discussions about the show in the Superman/Batman film? That's an issue. This forum has a history of casting bashing and Smallville/Superman film bashing that's lead to flame wars and we don't want to revisit that territory at all.
All right, fine, I'll try and make the comparison points more obviously relevant in each individual post, rather than letting it emerge from the general flow of conversation.

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #19
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Hey,I still think she'd look like the perfect Lois with black hair,but that's just me...
lol !

I think she'd be the perfect Lois if they gave her an arc and a role. For example, in the first film, the montage of her investigating Clark could have been extended from 30 seconds to 10 minutes.

DA_Champion is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #20
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,482
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

So those who love every incarnation of Lois are allowed to express that but those who don't have to keep silent? That is bias to one view point as opposed to another. If u like every version of Lois that is your right to do so and express it; but people need to stop getting all up in arms and defensive against those who have problems with past or present Lois Lane's. as DA said, whenever Henry is talked about Christopher, Dean, and Tom are usually going to be brought up. Same in the Ben Affleck thread; what is the point of trying to subvert the same actions being taken in the Lois Lane thread? Are we going to have to split the threads up? "Amy Adams as Lois Lane (only positive thoughts)" "Amy Adams as Lois Lane (all thoughts welcomed)"

Szetsilya is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #21
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator
 
The Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: In the Sage's lair
Posts: 45,781
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
So those who love every incarnation of Lois are allowed to express that but those who don't have to keep silent? That is bias to one view point as opposed to another. If u like every version of Lois that is your right to do so and express it; but people need to stop getting all up in arms and defensive against those who have problems with past or present Lois Lane's. as DA said, whenever Henry is talked about Christopher, Dean, and Tom are usually going to be brought up. Same in the Ben Affleck thread; what is the point of trying to subvert the same actions being taken in the Lois Lane thread? Are we going to have to split the threads up? "Amy Adams as Lois Lane (only positive thoughts)" "Amy Adams as Lois Lane (all thoughts welcomed)"
Did you read what I posted?

Discussing whether you liked or disliked Amy Adams' Lois is not the issue. That's one of the reasons this thread was created for. And of course, doing it in a respectful manner without bashing one another, though that should go without saying.

When there's a whole discussion going on talking about Smallville, but what people liked, disliked, Tom Welling's weight, how the show worsened or not in its latter seasons, it's going off topic.

__________________
Everyone brings joy to this forum. Some by coming in. Some by going out...
The Sage is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #22
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,482
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

Clearly I need to break my posts up and indicate who I am and am not talking to! If you weren't the one complaining about every Lois Lane meaning something to someone then perhaps my comments about negative views about past incarnations was not directed to you.

Szetsilya is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #23
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,901
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

He is a Global Moderator on this board, if he sees a problem with a post he can do one of several things. In this instance he chose to simply warn on the thread.

Clearly, you need to simply heed the warning....

__________________

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline  
Old 10-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #24
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,386
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane - Part 1

I really do hope that they allow Amy to finally say "Superman" in the next film. It'd be great to see some of that traditional scenes between Superman and Lois in the public, even though Lois knows that he's actually Clark of course.

herolee10 is online now  
Old 10-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #25
DA_Champion
Side-Kick
 
DA_Champion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 6,530
Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
I am not a fan of David Goyer and I believe the script was the weakest link with the film. (NOT The actress. I continue to shake my head all of you "Experts" who think that Amy Adams doesn't have the "skill set" for Lois Lane. Give me a break. If I rolled my eyes any harder they'd be in the back of my skull.)
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
But I think it's fairly clear she had some flaws.

Like every other version of Lois Lane, she walked into danger without thinking twice about it. She was brave to a fault. Following Clark deep into the mountain was a fairly stupid thing to do. But she's too curious and her curiosity got the best of her.

Letting a flash bulb off once she got into the cavern was also an impulsive thing to do but again, her ambition drove her and not common sense.

Following Clark across the world because she just could NOT LET IT GO is also a fairly standard Lois LAne personality tic. It's a tic that CAN bring good but can also get her into trouble. She was LUCKY that Clark turned out to be the guardian angel he was. What if he wasn't a good guy? She would have been in serious trouble? Again, her inability to let things go could have blown up in her face.

Volunteering to go on the ship? Again, it's her bravery making her put herself at risk to a fault.

Another flaw....cockiness. She thought she was going to be able to outrun the FBI. Who thinks they can outrun the FBI? Lois Lane. It's a character flaw. She's confidant to a fault.

Lois' bravery is a commendable, amazing thing. It's an iconic trait. She's fearless. But her ambition and impulsivity can also be flaws. That was clear as day to me in the film.

The writing in the film was not what it should have been but to imply that Lois had no flaws or personality tics that showed weakness is simply NOT true.
OK, so you're totally right about her being overconfident and cocky, as demonstrated by her going into the ice cave, and later trying to run from the FBI. I interpreted that as her being driven, which is correct, but a single set of actions can and often should be described by several emotions. So there's a little bit of that, she has some personality in the scenes where she did have agency, which are mostly in the first half of the movie, which is the better half of the movie.

I know that Amy Adams is capable of better because I've seen her do better in other roles. MoS would have been a better movie if her scenes and arc had been extended (for example her 30 second montage of finding out who Clark is), and similarly giving her a prominent role in BvS would make that a better movie. I do hope we see an investigative journalism arc in the sequel, and not some totally useless arc of Batman and Superman teaming up to beat up Lex's army of robots.


Last edited by DA_Champion; 10-13-2013 at 11:50 PM.
DA_Champion is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.