The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #176
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Ugh. All that guy has shown he can do is Jax. He would be better suited for Bart than Barry.
I've only seen Hunnam in Sons of Anarchy, Undeclared, and Children of Men. None of those parts were similar to the next one.

No idea what you mean on the Bart thing, since he's about 100 times further away from Jax than Barry.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:03 AM   #177
Rorschach2012
$

I'd prefer Aaron Paul as Barry, but I'd be fine with Hunnam.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #178
roach
I am the night

I doubt Hunnam is gonna be a superhero if he can't handle fan attention.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #179
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Elmayimbe responded to a guy saying that it's actually not from the 2011 Goyer script. I don't know if that means he's unaware that it's literally from that script, or if theyre taking a few scenes out of the Goyer script for the new one. Which would make sense considering that one scene is a good "reveal" scene for any version of Barry's Flash. It just works, I liked the way that part was written.

Maybe that's all they're taking from the script.
Goyer did not write a Flash script in 2011. His is from 2006, October is the final draft to be exact. The 2011 draft is by Guggenheim and Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
David Goyer didn't write a Flash script in 2011 did he? I thought it was Guggenheim/Berlanti?
Berlanti only has a story credit.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #180
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So what do you guys expect that we'll get from this film, official news wise, before the end of the year?

Old 10-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #181
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Luthor casting and thats it. Imo.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #182
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So what do you guys expect that we'll get from this film, official news wise, before the end of the year?
Nothing official except for castings and maybe a title.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #183
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:

Before the end of the year, I would say:

- Official title
- Announcement of whether it will be shot in 3D and IMAX (if it is, it will definitely be announced, else post-conversion is a given)
- A few main roles cast (Luthor if applicable, Bats's female lead)
- Announcement Poster with official logo etc.

That should be it. The main influx of news will start in February when filming commences.

I think the timelines will roughly be:
- A teaser during SDCC 2014
- An annoucement teaser with either "Jupiter Ascending" or "Interstellar"
- First trailer with "Hobbit: There and Back Again"
- Second trailer with "Avengers 2"
- Nokia trailer a month before release

Old 10-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #184
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, one thing's for sure. Regardless of the quality of the story, this film will most likely look great on film and have some well edited trailers released.lol

Old 10-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #185
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I haven't been coming here lately... Are things still as Guano insane as always?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #186
shauner111
Side-Kick

Nobody knows if Affleck will act well or not, if the story is good or not, but we'll get amazing fight sequences, designed suits and just all around great visuals. At the end of the day I don't care. I would probably be pissed if they dropped the ball on the story elements or characterization if it were a solo batman movie or even a Superman movie. But this is a blockbuster crossover movie between friggin Batman and Superman. Ill take a dumb popcorn movie with these two as long as the visuals are fantastic (which it will be because of Snyder). If it's much more than that then that's an awesome bonus for me.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #187
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I haven't been coming here lately... Are things still as Guano insane as always?
Pretty much, although it has calmed down a touch since the two initial announcements (B v S, Affleck).

*splat*
Old 10-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #188
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, one thing's for sure. Regardless of the quality of the story, this film will most likely look great on film and have some well edited trailers released.lol
Yeah.

I really wonder what the enthusiasm for this film will be like in a year especially from all the people that were heart-broken by Man of Steel.

This time twelve months ago MOS was all I was thinking about. It was unhealthy obsession. I can't see myself doing that again for this film. Not after the emotional roller-coaster that was June 14.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm sure the writing is going to be the weakest point again. At least we're not going to have the awkward structuring of flashbacks/present time. It's still hard to tell if the clunky pacing of MOS fell on the editing bay or the script. I just wish there was a great writer involved. I think we can expect good; possibly MOS level good; but I just can't expect anything great from Snyder/Goyer. I hate to be a cynic but I really just don't think they have it in them. Plus the very blockbuster-ish nature of the film being a Superman/Batman team-up doesn't really inspire the most beautiful of stories.

It's going to be a big loud action movie with Snyder exercising his nerd cred by putting to film the most comic-booky of visuals of the two greatest heroes together. Should we expect anything more? And I think it's a certainty that the hype will revolve around the new Batman.

Old 10-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #189
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I hate to ruin this cloud of pessimism, but I think Snyder CAN make a really good Superman/Batman film. I just think that Goyer has to kind of ease up on the drama for this one. If they try another hyperserious movie for a Superman/Batman team up, I don't think it would work as well. Unless there is a gradual tonal shift (ie. the film gets less serious once Superman/Batman decide they aren't enemies)

I'm not saying it should be CAMPY, just fun. And emotional depth is a huge bonus

Old 10-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #190
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Goyer needs to ease up on the reimaging.That was major problem with man of
steel.Man of steel Is very diverse movie.yeah some loved it but some were going
It was Ok and some like me were going meh.

I anticapte part of excitement for this film will be Batman.Ben affleck can win people over.Maybe Affleck on board will make Goyer and Snyder do better job.
Snyder will do great with visuals without a doudt but without a half decent
scri[t the film will suffer

Old 10-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #191
Loki882
Side-Kick

I liked that they took the core elements of Superman, kept them, but also did some new stuff. Why would I want to see the same old thing yet again, especially in a reboot. That makes no sense.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #192
roach
I am the night

Because Superman has hit such a religious level that people don't want to see anything new.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #193
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Yeah.

I really wonder what the enthusiasm for this film will be like in a year especially from all the people that were heart-broken by Man of Steel.

This time twelve months ago MOS was all I was thinking about. It was unhealthy obsession. I can't see myself doing that again for this film. Not after the emotional roller-coaster that was June 14.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm sure the writing is going to be the weakest point again. At least we're not going to have the awkward structuring of flashbacks/present time. It's still hard to tell if the clunky pacing of MOS fell on the editing bay or the script. I just wish there was a great writer involved. I think we can expect good; possibly MOS level good; but I just can't expect anything great from Snyder/Goyer. I hate to be a cynic but I really just don't think they have it in them. Plus the very blockbuster-ish nature of the film being a Superman/Batman team-up doesn't really inspire the most beautiful of stories.

It's going to be a big loud action movie with Snyder exercising his nerd cred by putting to film the most comic-booky of visuals of the two greatest heroes together. Should we expect anything more? And I think it's a certainty that the hype will revolve around the new Batman.
I completely agree, and that's all I'm expecting. Snyder has got to be primed to unleash his inner fanboy on this movie, and that's probably exactly what WB wants him to do. I think the primary goal here is to make this film a must-see event for the masses to stay afloat in the summer of Star Wars and Avengers, and to make something that will be a massive geek out for the fans. It's kind of like the parents are gone for the weekend (the Nolans are no longer involved with Batman) and the kids are about to throw the biggest house party ever.

There's nothing wrong with those things, if they want to make that kind of film then by all means they should make it and I'm willing to go into the film on those terms. I have nothing against a purely fun comic book film with a dash of substance on the side. I just hope if that's the case, it's reflected in the advertising. The thing is, all of Snyder's movies look like masterpieces from their trailers, and WB has a reputation of being the "weightier" of the two brands and probably wants to uphold that too.

And if Snyder and Goyer manage to surprise me and exercise restraint here to a point where it truly feels like choices are being made for organic story reasons first and foremost, I'm happy to be proven wrong too.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 10-14-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #194
batman44
Go Speed GO

Zack Synder/ Bruce Timm Superman 75 Year Anniversary short:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/10/1...ort-exclusive/

Pretty darn cool. Kinda wish they would have incorporated Dean Cain and Brandon Routh's Superman and couple other comic moments (like the wedding) though.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Last edited by batman44; 10-14-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #195
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

We don't know that Star wars Is coming out In Summer.It could be christmas film.

Are people really saying you can't do a tradional Superman film you have to reimagine superman.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #196
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
Zack Synder/ Bruce Timm Superman 75 Year Anniversary short:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/10/1...ort-exclusive/

Pretty darn cool. Kinda wish they would have incorporated Dean Cain and Brandon Routh's Superman and couple other comic moments (like the wedding) though.
This is sooooo awesome. I wish there could be an animated series that looks the way they animated te Doomsday fight, beautiful.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #197
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Goyer needs to ease up on the reimaging.That was major problem with man of
steel.Man of steel Is very diverse movie.yeah some loved it but some were going
It was Ok and some like me were going meh.

I anticapte part of excitement for this film will be Batman.Ben affleck can win people over.Maybe Affleck on board will make Goyer and Snyder do better job.
Snyder will do great with visuals, without a doubt. But without a half decent
script the film will suffer.
Which is true for pretty much EVERY movie out there. And I do want an Affleck repolish/rewrite before the film goes into post

Old 10-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #198
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I completely agree, and that's all I'm expecting. Snyder has got to be primed to unleash his inner fanboy on this movie, and that's probably exactly what WB wants him to do. I think the primary goal here is to make this film a must-see event for the masses to stay afloat in the summer of Star Wars and Avengers, and to make something that will be a massive geek out for the fans. It's kind of like the parents are gone for the weekend (the Nolans are no longer involved with Batman) and the kids are about to throw the biggest house party ever.

There's nothing wrong with those things, if they want to make that kind of film then by all means they should make it and I'm willing to go into the film on those terms. I have nothing against a purely fun comic book film with a dash of substance on the side. I just hope if that's the case, it's reflected in the advertising. The thing is, all of Snyder's movies look like masterpieces from their trailers, and WB has a reputation of being the "weightier" of the two brands and probably wants to uphold that too.

And if Snyder and Goyer manage to surprise me and exercise restraint here to a point where it truly feels like choices are being made for organic story reasons first and foremost, I'm happy to be proven wrong too.
Ill be happy with an awesome popcorn crossover movie. Seriously now..they can dig deeper in the solo films but crossovers are just a fans wet dream to see a fun explosive action movie. Batman/Superman or Justice League is their way of competing with Marvel and Disney so why the hell not!?

All they need to do is cut down on the building destruction and write a fresh/cool Batman for the masses to see.

Nolan focused more on the arc of Bruce Wayne and the reality of doing this like a genre movie. Maybe now is the time to bring the comics & animation to life through the Batfleck.

Batman fighting an alien in 3D has never been done before. Im up for it. Just don't make it campy or light. Keep it dark, have your serious moments like Man Of Steel had but embrace the fun fluffy element.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #199
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

That short was pretty nifty. I'd love to see something like that for Batman's 75th anniversary next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Ill be happy with an awesome popcorn crossover movie. Seriously now..they can dig deeper in the solo films but crossovers are just a fans wet dream to see a fun explosive action movie. Batman/Superman or Justice League is their way of competing with Marvel and Disney so why the hell not!?

All they need to do is cut down on the building destruction and write a fresh/cool Batman for the masses to see.

Nolan focused more on the arc of Bruce Wayne and the reality of doing this like a genre movie. Maybe now is the time to bring the comics & animation to life through the Batfleck.

Batman fighting an alien in 3D has never been done before. Im up for it. Just don't make it campy or light. Keep it dark, have your serious moments like Man Of Steel had but embrace the fun fluffy element.
I totally agree, I'm up for it but I just hope they're honest about what they're doing and the marketing reflects the actual tone of the movie. Personally I found somewhat of a disconnect between the Man of Steel trailers and the actual movie, which made it seem like this quieter, more introspective film ala Batman Begins. I think that really effected how I took in the movie the first time around.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 10-14-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #200
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
That short was pretty nifty. I'd love to see something like that for Batman's 75th anniversary next year.
Forever following in Superman's footsteps...

Closed Thread