The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Old 07-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #426
regwec
Shakespearo

Default Re: Star Wars VII Story Ideas

Yeah, it would make the new films pointless.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #427
Loki882
Side-Kick

I know that it is unlikely to happen, but I would love to see Thrawn appear at some point in the trilogy. Thrawn is my favorite SW villain due to his complexity. He's brilliant, ruthless, honorable, and not really evil. They could use the basics of the character and tell a new story with them.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #428
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Yeah, it would make the new films pointless.
You're being awfully nice about it.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #429
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Well given Abrams recent films, I'm guessing we'll get a mostly original story, then suddenly in the last 20 minutes Leia will be frozen in Carbonite in front of Han, who'll have to rescue her from another Hutt. But Han will track down the hunter deliver her first and beat his head in.

TheDreamMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #430
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Bit harsh, don't you think?

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #431
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
Well given Abrams recent films, I'm guessing we'll get a mostly original story, then suddenly in the last 20 minutes Leia will be frozen in Carbonite in front of Han, who'll have to rescue her from another Hutt. But Han will track down the hunter deliver her first and beat his head in.
Films or film? Based on ONE film. So if you're going to make a joke out of it, be somewhat accurate about it!

Last edited by Octoberist; 07-11-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Octoberist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #432
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:

They were done well, but the using of fan service was Bob/Alex alone, that had to do purely with the plot. JJ was not a Trek fan and to him most of this stuff was new, and he really did not know as much about it so kinda trusted (not the best idea) Alex and Bob to go ahead and do what they thought Trek fans would enjoy. Which STID though does the "greatest hits" still was an excellent movie. I just think the trying to hide Khan was something that bugged some people.

However, with Michael and JJ (who both are huge Star Wars fans) they know the limit of fan servicing to do. (something the PT heavily relied on).

Of course some is welcome, but it's not going to be the level of STID, especially when it really did not have much do with JJ himself. Again he's not a Trek fan.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:48 AM   #433
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Yeah, like Solidus said, that was all Orci/Kurtzmann. Yes, JJ didn't try to change any of it, but SW is a different beast altogether. I don't think you have to worry.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #434
Loki882
Side-Kick

JJ is too much of a SW fanboy to try something stupid like that. He really loves the franchise. Also, I think that the STID thing was his way of trying to please hardcore Trekkies. Some of them complained that the 09 film wasn't "true ST" and more like SW than Trek. Orci/Kurtzmann may have been trying to address those criticisms, but went a bit to far with the last 15-20 minutes.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #435
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

And, now that I've finally seen STID, it wasn't THAT bad. Yes, there was a certain portion of the movie that was *heavily* paying tribute to past works, as well as a terribly cheesy reveal (those who knew groaned because of the fan-servicing, those who didn't groaned because of the seemingly needless overacting). But I thought overall it could've gone worse.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #436
Loki882
Side-Kick

All of the acting was good to great to me. Benedict Cumberbatch makes a fantastic villain (his voice is so menacing). I like how violent he was and how he used everyone for his own purposes. I also like that they kept him alive at the end, so he could potentially return. Alice Eve is hot, nuff said.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #437
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

The thing about Star Trek that's different, is the element that this is an altered timeline. So you have similar things happen but differently, as if the timeline were trying to correct itself. It works in a sense.

Star Wars is different. It's not recreating events as such as more like "rhyming." This is why I could see Luke being killed in Episode VII to rhyme with Qui-Gon in Episode I and Obi-Wan in Episode IV.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Spider-Gnome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #438
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that of the big three, the one most likely to die is Han. Harrison is getting up there in years and I was surprised that he agreed to come back at all. He wanted a heroic death scene in ROTJ (he thought that Han's character arc was completed in ESB and there was nowhere for the character to go, he was kind of right). Maybe they'll give him his death scene in this movie. I doubt that Leia will die and I think they'll keep Luke alive as a mentor figure, at least until Episode VIII.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #439
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I think that of the big three, the one most likely to die is Han. Harrison is getting up there in years and I was surprised that he agreed to come back at all. He wanted a heroic death scene in ROTJ (he thought that Han's character arc was completed in ESB and there was nowhere for the character to go, he was kind of right). Maybe they'll give him his death scene in this movie. I doubt that Leia will die and I think they'll keep Luke alive as a mentor figure, at least until Episode VIII.
While I see Luke's death "rhyming" with the other trilogies, I also agree about Han's death for the reasons you mentioned.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Spider-Gnome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #440
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Here is how I would like the film to start...

There's this huge celebration on Corascaunt to remember Alderaan. It's a big event, fun for the whole family. Leia is there because she'll be giving a speech, Han is there but not all that excited because they've been doing this event every year for a long time. Something explodes and there's mass panic. Turns out someone sliced a few of the droids and sent them off as mobile bombs, Leia is hurt in a blast but not serious. Han chases after one of the slicers that was nearby. Big chase on foot before he captures him.

End first scene.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #441
Loki882
Side-Kick

And the it turns out that they were sent by Darth Cumberbatch.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #442
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Here is how I would like the film to start...

There's this huge celebration on Corascaunt to remember Alderaan. It's a big event, fun for the whole family. Leia is there because she'll be giving a speech, Han is there but not all that excited because they've been doing this event every year for a long time. Something explodes and there's mass panic. Turns out someone sliced a few of the droids and sent them off as mobile bombs, Leia is hurt in a blast but not serious. Han chases after one of the slicers that was nearby. Big chase on foot before he captures him.

End first scene.
That works. I want to see Leia, Luke or Han on Coruscant.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #443
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

How about the first Sith ever returns,who makes Sidious look like a padawan.

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #444
Victarion
Cut

This could be a good premise for a secondary character:

The DNA restriction on the Force opens up some interesting possibilities, if you think about it. Let's say a child grows up wanting to be a Jedi, but can't because he or she doesn't have the right midichlorian count. So that child does something else, and learns about some technology that can harvest midichlorians and encapsulate them in a capsid and envelope similar to a virus. Then, that enveloped, capsid-encoated bundle of midichlorians can be injected and make its way into a host cell. Upon entering the host cell's nuclei, the midichlorians begin replicating like a virus, and integrate themselves with the host's genome. Then, similar to the construction and release of a virus from the host cell, midichlorians are released into the host.

This character could be someone whose loyalties shift over the course of the trilogy as he or she seeks to make himself or herself a Jedi.

ďEvil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity Ė the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, letís call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.Ē
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:18 AM   #445
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

I like the idea of one of the gang betrays the gang/goes bad. I think a midichlorian manipulator could also work if they decided to go that way. The key is to keep all this as uncomplicated as possible. If a 6 year old can't understand it like the other movies, that's a problem for Star Wars.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #446
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I have a feeling micichlorians won't be mentioned at all. Hell, were they mentioned outside of TPM?

Old 10-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #447
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I have a feeling micichlorians won't be mentioned at all. Hell, were they mentioned outside of TPM?
"Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create... life." - Palpatine in RotS.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #448
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Ah, I forgot about that line.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #449
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Han Solo slowly limps into the Falcon after so many years without flying it. He creaks down slowly into the seat. He grumbles long and hard.

"Grmmm. Leia... she aged out."

Honestly, I can imagine the beginning of this film with Han and Leia separated from each other for a while. Not intentionally, but I imagine Leia being busy with her politics and not having time with Han, which makes him displeased. So when they have to get back together, so begins their bickering.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #450
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I think there really needs to be a scene with Leia giving a speach and a Remembering Alderaan Day ceremony. I don't know...I just think it's important and keeps it well connected to the OT.