Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 04:45 AM   #651
Morbius
Living Vampire

Default Re: Who would be the best MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponco_87 View Post
In Raimi's version his a complete social cripple outcast, made him very boring outside his Spider-man routine.
At least he had a sweet Russian girl feed him cake

Old 10-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #652
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
And a glass of milk!!

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 10-17-2013, 03:48 AM   #653
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
Yep. I know many people say there are no such thing as natural redheads, that everyone is only ginger but that is very false. I mean Bryce Dallas Howard herself was a natural redhead. This is her natural hair color.

Marcia Cross, another famous redhead.

And then there's Christina Hendricks.

(Slightly more ginger but you get the point.) The point is that actual redheads do exist. And you don't need to make it a ginergery blonde in order to make it look realistic. KD's hair in SM1 looked fine to me, I have known looaads of girls with natural red hair of that color. (My cousin even being one.)
Bryce would've been an amazing Mary Jane. So beautiful.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #654
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
And a glass of milk!!
And cookies....with nuts.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #655
Super Jim
Side-Kick

So after Gwen dies at the end of TASM2, how will MJ be introduced to Peter in TASM3?

For example, will they:

- Meet at the funeral?

- Meet at college?

- Meet because she moves in next door?

- Meet because of Aunt May?

- Meet randomly and if so, how?

Old 10-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #656
sl500jazz
chasin' the blues away

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Cool manip. Those kids...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuflipflops View Post
it makes me sad that it seems we won't be getting "the gang" in these movies. i'd love to see the five of them just hanging out and being friends.
Well, if Gwen lives through TASM2 and Mary Jane is introduced in the next film, we could have a semblance of that in TASM3. Just depends on the direction that the writers and the director decide to take. Right now they just wanted to focus on introducing Harry and further developing Peter and Gwen's relationship before delving into Mary Jane and other supporting characters.

I think that using the 'gang' in this franchise would ultimately be a good move as it would further differentiate this franchise from the Raimi trilogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Bryce would've been an amazing Mary Jane. So beautiful.
I think that Bryce Dallas Howard could have been a fantastic choice for Mary Jane, and I think that Dunst (although she could have made a good MJ with the right script/direction) would have been better for a character like Gwen Stacy (despite the very pronounced dimples lol).

It's interesting how the depiction of those two characters was somewhat flipped in the Raimi trilogy. MJ was the "girl next door" that we were made to believe that Peter was destined to be with and Peter's first love, and Gwen was the charismatic model and "eye candy" that threatened the Pete-MJ relationship when she stepped into the scene.

The writers of TSSM discussing it:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
So after Gwen dies at the end of TASM2, how will MJ be introduced to Peter in TASM3?

For example, will they:

- Meet at the funeral?

- Meet at college?

I really hope Gwen survives. Otherwise, I really do not see how introducing MJ's character, getting the audience to like and accept her, and explaining/implying why she and Peter ultimately end up together (even if it never happens on screen) could ever work if MJ is not around to experience the death of Gwen Stacy.

Last edited by sl500jazz; 10-17-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #657
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

For one, I hope they don't kill Gwen in TASM2, since I think it would be a little too soon. I agree that I don't see them giving Gwen much of an arc after TASM3, I mean what could she really do beyond support Peter in being Spider-Man? I think with Captain Stacey's wish looming over the two of them it might put a little fracture in their relationship. I think Gwen as a character, they perhaps are trying to say that she likes Peter, but doesn't like him being Spider-Man and wishes he would stop. Wheras MJ totally embraces the fact he is Spider-Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post

For example, will they:

- Meet at the funeral?

- Meet at college?

I think she should be the hottie who starts new at college who Harry has been going on about for a while. He never says her name however but Peter sees her at college. Then Aunt May asks to meet Mary Jane who has recently moved in next door, thinking she could make a new friend. Then obviously he's surprised to see that she is the new girl at college that Harry has been talking about.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #658
fuflipflops
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl500jazz View Post
Well, if Gwen lives through TASM2 and Mary Jane is introduced in the next film, we could have a semblance of that in TASM3. Just depends on the direction that the writers and the director decide to take. Right now they just wanted to focus on introducing Harry and further developing Peter and Gwen's relationship before delving into Mary Jane and other supporting characters.

I think that using the 'gang' in this franchise would ultimately be a good move as it would further differentiate this franchise from the Raimi trilogy.

I really hope Gwen survives. Otherwise, I really do not see how introducing MJ's character, getting the audience to like and accept her, and explaining/implying why she and Peter ultimately end up together (even if it never happens on screen) could ever work if MJ is not around to experience the death of Gwen Stacy.
i feel like it would've been better if everything was sort of planted in the first one, like what they did with flash; not necessarily introducing harry and mj in depth, but sort of alluding that they're there so that the gang could happen more organically over the movies. right now, even though they've established that harry's an old friend, he might look a little out of place (but less so than mj, i guess, since harry at least has oscorp as something that connects to him and mj might come off as completely random and even heartless, because she wasn't there to experience gwen's loss, so she has no emotional connection to it).

Old 10-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #659
sl500jazz
chasin' the blues away

Quote:
i feel like it would've been better if everything was sort of planted in the first one, like what they did with flash; not necessarily introducing harry and mj in depth, but sort of alluding that they're there so that the gang could happen more organically over the movies. right now, even though they've established that harry's an old friend, he might look a little out of place (but less so than mj, i guess, since harry at least has oscorp as something that connects to him and mj might come off as completely random and even heartless, because she wasn't there to experience gwen's loss, so she has no emotional connection to it).
I wholeheartedly agree with this. The relationships would have definitely felt more organic and natural had they been set up and alluded to in the first film (maybe having Harry and MJ as background characters like Flash)and then slowly developed over the course of the franchise, which is what I was hoping for when I heard that the reboot was being announced. Webb and Sony definitely wanted the first film to scream "THIS IS NOT RAIMI'S SPIDER-MAN!" and in doing so eliminated a lot of Parker's supporting cast when they could have just presented the characters in a different fashion.

People love the costumes, the action, and the colorful villains, but part of the beauty of the Spider-man comics was the growth of Parker's relationships with Gwen, Harry, MJ, and Flash and how those characters transitioned from adolescence (the simplicity of partying, having fun, and hanging out) to adulthood (dealing with substance abuse, neglective parents, death, war, accepting responsibility, and learning how to face the realities of life) . It's great that they're choosing to explore 'Peter and Gwen' when Raimi explored 'Peter and MJ', but there's so much potential for something even more meaningful (apart from just 'he loves this girl a lot, she's perfect, SHE'S GONNA DIE!') that I think was left untapped.

That being said, it's not too late. At this point, it all hinges on whether or not Gwen will live through TASM2, and when/how MJ will be introduced. Clearly they've already set up a connection between Harry and Peter. Harry will become acquainted with Gwen through Peter. If they connect MJ through Harry (maybe the two are dating when she is introduced- one of his many flings with actresses/models/attractive women) then I think it could work in TASM3 and still feel natural. And since Peter and MJ are already paired off, there's no pressure of a love triangle. MJ and Peter are just mutual friends/acquaintances who are pulled closer together by Gwen's death and Harry's declining mental state. Having MJ introduced afterwards (whether it's ultimate MJ, 616 MJ, or any kind of MJ) would definitely feel 'heartless'.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #660
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl500jazz View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with this. The relationships would have definitely felt more organic and natural had they been set up and alluded to in the first film (maybe having Harry and MJ as background characters like Flash)and then slowly developed over the course of the franchise, which is what I was hoping for when I heard that the reboot was being announced. Webb and Sony definitely wanted the first film to scream "THIS IS NOT RAIMI'S SPIDER-MAN!" and in doing so eliminated a lot of Parker's supporting cast when they could have just presented the characters in a different fashion.

People love the costumes, the action, and the colorful villains, but part of the beauty of the Spider-man comics was the growth of Parker's relationships with Gwen, Harry, MJ, and Flash and how those characters transitioned from adolescence (the simplicity of partying, having fun, and hanging out) to adulthood (dealing with substance abuse, neglective parents, death, war, accepting responsibility, and learning how to face the realities of life) . It's great that they're choosing to explore 'Peter and Gwen' when Raimi explored 'Peter and MJ', but there's so much potential for something even more meaningful (apart from just 'he loves this girl a lot, she's perfect, SHE'S GONNA DIE!') that I think was left untapped.

That being said, it's not too late. At this point, it all hinges on whether or not Gwen will live through TASM2, and when/how MJ will be introduced. Clearly they've already set up a connection between Harry and Peter. Harry will become acquainted with Gwen through Peter. If they connect MJ through Harry (maybe the two are dating when she is introduced- one of his many flings with actresses/models/attractive women) then I think it could work in TASM3 and still feel natural. And since Peter and MJ are already paired off, there's no pressure of a love triangle. MJ and Peter are just mutual friends/acquaintances who are pulled closer together by Gwen's death and Harry's declining mental state. Having MJ introduced afterwards (whether it's ultimate MJ, 616 MJ, or any kind of MJ) would definitely feel 'heartless'.
Yes this. In terms of the friendships/ relationships I can't see it getting better than this. I totally agree that not alluding to important characters like Harry hindered them more than helped them, since when it came to TASM2, needing to introduce so many characters resulted in overload. It also resulted in characters being cut due to too many being introduced in one movie.

To the critics who say there just isn't enough time to introduce MJ as well as Gwen I say, we have four movies guaranteed altogether. Whatever happens we will have four films. If they are all successful I imagine we might even have a fifth one. In my opinion there is enough time to develop Harry and MJ as characters and give them a reasonable amount of depth.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #661
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I'm throwing in Elena Satine as a nice choice for MJ.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 11-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #662
Spideyfan117
Yo When's Mahvel!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I'm throwing in Elena Satine as a nice choice for MJ.
She's pretty. But I really don't think she has the acting chops. I saw her in Smallville and wasn't impressed at all.

Shailene Woodley still seems like on of the better choices to me. She can play a spunky, selfish party girl. She's a wonderful actress and I think she's quite pretty.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #663
LEOZZTT
Side-Kick

Vanessa Lake.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:30 AM   #664
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Leighton Meester:

Old 11-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #665
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

Spoilered for size
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 11-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #666
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah

My personal favorites are (in no order) :

Alexis Knapp, Lyndsy Fonseca, Amber Heard(1st tier) followed by Holland Roden, Zooey Deschanel,Alexandra Breckenridge,Kaya Scodelario

Btw, why nobody mentions Megan fox ?

Old 11-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #667
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrje View Post
Btw, why nobody mentions Megan fox ?
Because she ruined her face?

Old 11-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #668
fuflipflops
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigaat View Post
Spoilered for size
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
alex is a pretty good actress, wouldn't mind her.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #669
Streetlight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
Cringiest movie scene I think I've scene. I don't think that scene can be defended

Old 11-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #670
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

Quote:
alex is a pretty good actress, wouldn't mind her.
That's not even the best photo of her,. She'd be my first choice for MJ, although the audience might have a hard time believing she was a teenager.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #671
fuflipflops
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigaat View Post
That's not even the best photo of her,. She'd be my first choice for MJ, although the audience might have a hard time believing she was a teenager.
well, since they're pushing mj for tasm3 (if she appears at all, and i'm starting to think they might just scrap her for good), peter would be in his early 20s by then and hopefully so would she.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #672
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

She's so fit. Cast her dammit! I don't care how old she is.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #673
electricx
Banned User

i say holland roden cause shes basically mj in teen wolf
supermodel mj

more casual mj

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
obviously holland is good for the role while shailene is not

Old 11-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #674
fuflipflops
Side-Kick

let's not

Old 11-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #675
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricx View Post
i say holland roden cause shes basically mj in teen wolf
supermodel mj
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
obviously holland is good for the role while shailene is not
When someone creates a new name to post the opposite opinion of what his original name has been posting...that is called trolling. This name is banned....your other name is on notice.

Closed Thread