The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #826
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Just got back from the film, writing up some bullet points and stuff. Again, nothing specific due to it being a press screening.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 10-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #827
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Sweet, hope it was good fun.

I mean--did it lose its super-epicness from not being ten minutes longer?

Old 10-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #828
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Yeah, i still think that

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
this artifact that the dark elves are after is the eternal flame, and that part of malekith's plan is to release Surtur on the 9 realms
I can see that happening. We should be asking if we hear the "doom doom doom"
I know you hear the
Kronan stomping around on Vanaheim at the beginning, it describes it when they're fighting the Marauders

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 10-17-2013, 08:27 PM   #829
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
Just got back from the film, writing up some bullet points and stuff. Again, nothing specific due to it being a press screening.
SWEET! Take your time lol

....to every King.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #830
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I can see that happening. We should be asking if we hear the "doom doom doom"
I know you hear the
Kronan stomping around on Vanaheim at the beginning, it describes it when they're fighting the Marauders
that would be freakin fantastic lol

Old 10-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #831
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Might be a good idea to make a separate thread for the early screening reviews, keeps things more focused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Came from a behind the scenes video. Check a few pages back, somebody posted the videos here.
Dammit! I need an e-secretary to keep me up to date on these things!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #832
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Might be a good idea to make a separate thread for the early screening reviews, keeps things more focused.

Dammit! I need an e-secretary to keep me up to date on these things!
lol hire yourself one! lol I reposted the making of vid again a couple pages back lol

....to every King.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #833
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
'Top Five Oddest Powers of Thor’s Hammer'

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...-thors-hammer/
which reminds me for those of you who missed the healing of a Broken Mjolnir after killing Bor in the comics. Happened in Thor 602

....to every King.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #834
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

making of Thor 2 vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sANCuLKGyhw

....to every King.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #835
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Ok, let me start off by saying that overall the film was...

GREAT I give it a solid 8.5/10 after initial viewing, and right now I'd dare to rank it 2nd or 3rd among the Marvel films. (I put Avengers at #1, IM at #2 and CA at #3). If you liked the first film, you'll like this one even more I'd think.

As far as what I can say:

-Running time is 111/112 minutes (with credits), though it doesn't feel too short or too long, just right honestly. Though I do feel some may say it moves along a little fast, but it is really an enjoyable ride.
-Every character gets a moment to shine, even if it is brief
-The comedy is great. Sure it can be a little much in a certain scene, but a good balance overall with everything else (very subtle when it needed to be), unlike another film coughIM3cough
-Some nice emotional scenes (can't give specifics)
-Good action and great CGI/effects.
-Characters/interactions are great, even better this time around, including Natalie Portman
-Music was nice, though I can't really recall the score from the first film
-Sets/other realms were beautiful and well done. Asgard shined even more this time.
-Mid credit and end credit scenes, both great.

If there was a downside I'd say that the threat of the film was pretty large but feels like its resolved too simply, though in an interesting way. Also, I love Darcy.

I think this film will do very well and easily surpass the BO for the first film. I'll answer questions if I feel I can, but in a while as I have some TV to catch up on lol.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 10-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #836
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I found the article about T:TDW tracking at 75 M quite laughable, a month ago it was tracking around 95 M now it dropped 20 M?

Calling that "low balling" would be an under statement.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #837
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:

GREAT I give it a solid 8.5/10 after initial viewing, and right now I'd dare to rank it 2nd or 3rd among the Marvel films. (I put Avengers at #1, IM at #2 and CA at #3). If you liked the first film, you'll like this one even more I'd think.

-Running time is 111/112 minutes (with credits), though it doesn't feel too short or too long, just right honestly. Though I do feel some may say it moves along a little fast, but it is really an enjoyable ride.
-The comedy is great. Sure it can be a little much in a certain scene, but a good balance overall with everything else (very subtle when it needed to be), unlike another film coughIM3cough
-Characters/interactions are great, even better this time around, including Natalie Portman
-Sets/other realms were beautiful and well done. Asgard shined even more this time.

If there was a downside I'd say that the threat of the film was pretty large but feels like its resolved too simply, though in an interesting way. Also, I love Darcy.

I think this film will do very well and easily surpass the BO for the first film. I'll answer questions if I feel I can, but in a while as I have some TV to catch up on lol.

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
Old 10-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #838
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:

Thank you for that rundown. Interesting comments without even the slightest spoiler, which is appreciated. That you place it so highly and didn't have the first one in the top 3 indicates that a big fan of the character, and the first movie, like me will really enjoy this.

13 long days left...

Old 10-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #839
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Double post

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #840
speno94
Side-Kick

Quote:

Steyin, You don't have to give specifics, but are there any great pure 'Shakespearean' scenes like the first film (TELL ME! Loki's parentage scene and YOU ARE AN OLD MAN AND A FOOL! banishment scene) because I was worried that Alan Taylor is not as experienced with the shakespeare than kenneth Branagh?

Plus how does Taylors direction compare to Branagh's?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #841
warriorking
Side-Kick

How was Kurse ?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #842
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Thanks Steyin!!
Quote:

....to every King.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #843
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

For those trying to avoid certain spoilers, maybe making a "Review" Thread wouldn't be such a bad idea right about now.lol

Old 10-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #844
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:

Thank you so much for your review! So glad you loved Darcy (honestly, she's one of my faves in the Thor franchise!)

I'm glad you didn't think the runtime hurt the overall movie for the most part.

I'm hoping the overall effect is bigger and more spectacular than the first Thor film, while also "dirtying" up and making Asgard more gritty, earthy.

I don't mind a lot of humor in these movies. I'm in the minority, but I loved the tone of IM3 so much! Tied with Cap as my favorite solo MCU outing.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #845
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

All signs have been pointing to this movie being a little darker than the previous MCU entries. Does this have a little more teeth than the first film?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #846
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Damn, 2 after credit scenes! I hate having to wait for them in the cinema.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Cheers Vartha!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #847
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

I cannot wait!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #848
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Oh, Steyin, was the CA:TWS trailer attached with your screening?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #849
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

nice to hear from Steyin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Damn, 2 after credit scenes! I hate having to wait for them in the cinema.

Cheers Vartha!
gonna try my best to avoid spoiling myself regarding after credits scenes

Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #850
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
For those trying to avoid certain spoilers, maybe making a "Review" Thread wouldn't be such a bad idea right about now.lol
done and stuck. Forgot all about the fan review thread

....to every King.

Closed Thread