O'Haire
Awesome

Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Neal's awesome.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #177
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Wow, they either need to just stop doing flashbacks with young Baelfire, or recast, because that kid is shooting up like a weed.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #178
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Rumple and Baelfire are gonna go all Batman and NightWing on The Lost Boys and Pan.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #179
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

This episode just did nothing for me. Would've much rather just got Rumples origin with Pan. And I hope that isn't the only time Bae was in Neverland, esp since he is suppose to be hopping dimensions when he really runs away.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #180
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Wow. Totally different reaction from me. I teared up a lot, and felt they expanded on Neal as a character by quite a bit. And I can wait on the full story between Rumple and Pan. That being put out there, does anyone else think Neal is not going to make it to season's end?

Old 10-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #181
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Wow. Totally different reaction from me. I teared up a lot, and felt they expanded on Neal as a character by quite a bit. And I can wait on the full story between Rumple and Pan. That being put out there, does anyone else think Neal is not going to make it to season's end?
Maybe Peter Pan & Rumplestiltskin are brothers.

Last edited by <(o_o)>; 10-20-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #182
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Bros would be par for the course with this show.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #183
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Another awesome ep. Really love how The Lost Boys is being players out like a cult - they target youth who don't feel like they belong and estranged from their family.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 10-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #184
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Neal may be "frumpy" but he's got a better heart than ole Capt. Guyliner. Neal is someone that can empathize with Emma more than just about anyone.
You see, I'm of the opposite. Not so much that Emma deserves to be with Hook, but that she is so much better than Neal, if just for one simple fact: he let Emma go to jail for his crimes and did absolutely nothing to correct that. Yes, he knew she needed to become the savior, but after she found him again, he did nothing to explain it to her, and even acted like he was better than her about the stuff with Henry, and let Henry think she was the villain in all this. Then in Storybrooke he acted like a douche when Emma suspected Tamara for good reason. And he's shown he's not above using people, even children, like when he put Robin's boy in danger from the shadow, to get his own needs. I'm more than fine if she moves on with Hook because Neal doesn't deserve her. Emma's not perfect, but most of the time she owns up to her mistakes.

Some more thoughts on tonight's ep:

Liked Regina's smirk when she learned Tamara and especially Greg were dead.

Real good character work tonight.

Pan is a great villain and the actor is doing some great work with him as well. To those who don't think he's evil, I've got a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you for cheap.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #185
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
You see, I'm of the opposite. Not so much that Emma deserves to be with Hook, but that she is so much better than Neal, if just for one simple fact: he let Emma go to jail for his crimes and did absolutely nothing to correct that. Yes, he knew she needed to become the savior, but after she found him again, he did nothing to explain it to her, and even acted like he was better than her about the stuff with Henry, and let Henry think she was the villain in all this. Then in Storybrooke he acted like a douche when Emma suspected Tamara for good reason. And he's shown he's not above using people, even children, like when he put Robin's boy in danger from the shadow, to get his own needs. I'm more than fine if she moves on with Hook because Neal doesn't deserve her. Emma's not perfect, but most of the time she owns up to her mistakes.

Some more thoughts on tonight's ep:

Liked Regina's smirk when she learned Tamara and especially Greg were dead.

Real good character work tonight.

Pan is a great villain and the actor is doing some great work with him as well. To those who don't think he's evil, I've got a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you for cheap.

Yowza, yowza, yowza!! Wow. Remind me not to get on your bad side. Yeesh.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #186
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Yowza, yowza, yowza!! Wow. Remind me not to get on your bad side. Yeesh.
Lol, I really don't even get that worked up about him, but it's just that how he's been written so far, I don't see how he can be considered a full good guy/hero when he hasn't atoned at all for his own mistakes.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #187
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
Lol, I really don't even get that worked up about him, but it's just that how he's been written so far, I don't see how he can be considered a full good guy/hero when he hasn't atoned at all for his own mistakes.

Is there not a shred of a possibility that, ya know, Neal A. Has a hell of a strong reason for doing all those things, because he knew the EPIC stakes involved? Also B. He LOST Emma as well. Knowing his background, don't you think he suffered as well, losing his true love? Sacrificing your hearts desire for a greater good is, to my eyes very heroic/tragic. And finally C. We see Neal trying his best to protect Emma and Henry ALL THE TIME. Facing the dangers he has since they were reunited tells me a lot about who he is as a person. Unlike, say, Regina, Neal deserves to be cut TONS of slack.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #188
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Loved tonight's episode. Love the Neal/Gold stuff and Henry succumbing to Pan's games.

But, yeah, them doing a pre-The Return flashback for Bae with the same actor is questionable considering the actor is now almost two years older than he was then. But it is better than getting a different young actor. Why would it be one actor for Rumple becoming the Dark One and later for falling down the portal, but then another actor entirely for an event taking place in between?

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 10-20-2013, 11:13 PM   #189
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Loved tonight's episode. Love the Neal/Gold stuff and Henry succumbing to Pan's games.

But, yeah, them doing a pre-The Return flashback for Bae with the same actor is questionable considering the actor is now almost two years older than he was then. But it is better than getting a different young actor. Why would it be one actor for Rumple becoming the Dark One and later for falling down the portal, but then another actor entirely for an event taking place in between?

Yeah, they need to do some stories that give the full account of Bae/Neal's life after arriving in Neverland fast before that actor ages out of the role. He's good, and I would hate to see them recast.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #190
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Eh. It's not like they're going to be saving that stuff for like season 6 when the actor will be college-aged and it's impossible to buy. They've got their Pan now, I doubt they'd miss doing something like that this season.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 10-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #191
A Dollar Short
Side-Kick

The Rumple and Neal scenes were the highlight for me. I too will admit my eyes got a little wet. The Rumple and Belle scenes are sort of funny in that they remind me of Gollum/Smeagol from LOTR.

I like the actor that plays Peter Pan, he delivers his lines perfectly like a brat you want to punch, but I'm still not sold on him living up to the role of big bad. Cora would crush him with her pinky.

Underwhelmed that nobody on Team Emma-Regina-Snow-Charming-Hook had much to do.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:24 PM   #192
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Well, considering the first three episodes were almost entirely anchored by that group, it's time the spotlight got shined somewhere else for a bit.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #193
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dollar Short View Post
The Rumple and Neal scenes were the highlight for me. I too will admit my eyes got a little wet. The Rumple and Belle scenes are sort of funny in that they remind me of Gollum/Smeagol from LOTR.

I like the actor that plays Peter Pan, he delivers his lines perfectly like a brat you want to punch, but I'm still not sold on him living up to the role of big bad. Cora would crush him with her pinky.

Underwhelmed that nobody on Team Emma-Regina-Snow-Charming-Hook had much to do.

I like Pan. He feels like an older person on the inside with the body of a youngster. Still, I want some more and they are parceling it out.

As for the lack of forward momentum with our "rescue team", I actually wish we did have a little less of them, believe it or not. I like what I've seen so far, but I miss Storybrooke and the other characters this season. Also, does anyone else get the feeling Hook will eat it next ep? On LOST, they famously almost always had the full revealing of a character's back story in the same ep in which they knocked them off. Just saying.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:49 PM   #194
A Dollar Short
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like Pan. He feels like an older person on the inside with the body of a youngster. Still, I want some more and they are parceling it out.

As for the lack of forward momentum with our "rescue team", I actually wish we did have a little less of them, believe it or not. I like what I've seen so far, but I miss Storybrooke and the other characters this season. Also, does anyone else get the feeling Hook will eat it next ep? On LOST, they famously almost always had the full revealing of a character's back story in the same ep in which they knocked them off. Just saying.
I actually wouldn't mind if the "rescue team" weren't shown in a few episodes. It just seemed like the writers didn't know what to do with them tonight.

And yes! I couldn't put my finger on it, but I too miss ole Storybrooke, it's almost like I'm homesick, lol.

Old 10-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #195
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dollar Short View Post
I actually wouldn't mind if the "rescue team" weren't shown in a few episodes. It just seemed like the writers didn't know what to do with them tonight.

And yes! I couldn't put my finger on it, but I too miss ole Storybrooke, it's almost like I'm homesick, lol.

I guess it is cool that the creators actually have moved things beyond the initial concept that the first season started out with. And I am not complaining about where the story is going now. However... Yeah, I think it would have been nice to get back to Maine sooner than later. The Henry Rescue op could have taken a back seat for one ep by now. We will see more Storybrooke, I know, but it feels like a long time since we dealt with things there.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #196
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

An interview made it sound like we have an episode without the rescue crew in Episode 7

Old 10-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #197
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upo...d-1072322.aspx
Quote:
Exclusive: Once Upon a Time Casts Rumplestiltskin's Father
by Natalie Abrams

The Dark One's daddy issues are about to surface in a very big way.

British actor Stephen Lord has been cast as Rumplestiltskin's father on Once Upon a Time, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

On the series, we've learned that the father of a young Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) was branded a coward, so Rumple was desperate to prove he wouldn't follow in dear old dad's footsteps. But when he was drafted to fight in the ogre war, a seer prophesized that he would die in battle, so Rumple intentionally injured himself to sidestep the prophecy. Unfortunately, that also led him to also be branded a coward.

Lord (EastEnders, Shameless) will appear via flashback in at least one episode, slated to air Sunday, Nov. 17. Suffice it to say, we'll get to learn exactly why he wasn't such a great father.

"We've hinted in the past that his father was a coward and that his father's name was something that haunted him and that his father left him," executive producer Edward Kitsis recently told TVGuide.com. "This is a man who wants to break the cycle of his past. He wants to be a good father, but it's like that quote, 'I can resist everything but temptation,' so that's also his weakness."

Once Upon a Time airs Sundays at 8/7c on ABC.
Never heard of him, but this should be good.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #198
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Never seen a thing with him in it.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #199
Milos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Unlike, say, Regina, Neal deserves to be cut TONS of slack.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:35 AM   #200
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milos View Post

Dude... Search your feelings. You KNOW it to be true.

This is coming from someone who, when Graham got his heart ripped out and turned into Regina's sex slave was all, "I'm not seeing a downside for this guy."

Regina's pain, or suffering, or whatever is no excuse for the pain and suffering she has inflicted on others, the vast majority (cuz it was not just The Charmings that whom she messed with in enacting the Curse) of which had NOTHING to do with her. Just saying. She's crazy sexy. BUT SHE IS CRAZY.

Closed Thread