The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 02:01 AM   #201
Milos
Side-Kick
 
Milos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 592
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Dude... Search your feelings. You KNOW it to be true.

This is coming from someone who, when Graham got his heart ripped out and turned into Regina's sex slave was all, "I'm not seeing a downside for this guy."

Regina's pain, or suffering, or whatever is no excuse for the pain and suffering she has inflicted on others, the vast majority (cuz it was not just The Charmings that whom she messed with in enacting the Curse) of which had NOTHING to do with her. Just saying. She's crazy sexy. BUT SHE IS CRAZY.
Regina can be crazy as hell, still doesn't change the fact that lots of those people she cursed deserved what they got! We still didn't see Regina's full backstory, but in what we've seen so far every single person she came in contact to when she was young messed her over. Jefferson, Whale, Rumpelstiltskin, Blue fairy and the list probably goes on and on.... New episodes new seasons will reveal more stories!

Milos is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #202
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 13,214
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milos View Post
Regina can be crazy as hell, still doesn't change the fact that lots of those people she cursed deserved what they got! We still didn't see Regina's full backstory, but in what we've seen so far every single person she came in contact to when she was young messed her over. Jefferson, Whale, Rumpelstiltskin, Blue fairy and the list probably goes on and on.... New episodes new seasons will reveal more stories!

A. So again, a handful of people "wronging" her justifies the Curse Nuking of almost an entire realm? That's what we call a major over reaction.

B. How has the Blue Fairy screwed her over? As I recall, it was the BF that SAVED Regina from a barrage of arrows when Snow (you know, Evil, Evil Snow) wanted to save Regina from execution and offered her a chance to end their feud.

C. Has it ever occurred to you that, as I've stated before, Regina CHOOSES to (though she seems to be trying to change lately) stay angry and resentful, and wrathful, because she wants to? And that any blame she places on others is just a product of her ego and addiction to her own supposed victimhood?

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 02:21 AM   #203
Milos
Side-Kick
 
Milos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 592
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
A. So again, a handful of people "wronging" her justifies the Curse Nuking of almost an entire realm? That's what we call a major over reaction.

B. How has the Blue Fairy screwed her over? As I recall, it was the BF that SAVED Regina from a barrage of arrows when Snow (you know, Evil, Evil Snow) wanted to save Regina from execution and offered her a chance to end their feud.

C. Has it ever occurred to you that, as I've stated before, Regina CHOOSES to (though she seems to be trying to change lately) stay angry and resentful, and wrathful, because she wants to? And that any blame she places on others is just a product of her ego and addiction to her own supposed victimhood?
I never said Snow is evil, I like Snow! I never said Regina was perfect I know she chooses to do all that stuff, I just said she has a good reason and it's not all black and white! Blue fairy knew that Rumpelstiltskin is training Regina for the curse and she did nothing!

Milos is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #204
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 13,214
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milos View Post
I never said Snow is evil, I like Snow! I never said Regina was perfect I know she chooses to do all that stuff, I just said she has a good reason and it's not all black and white! Blue fairy knew that Rumpelstiltskin is training Regina for the curse and she did nothing!
Even if what you are saying is correct (I am blanking now as to whether BF knew Regina was getting lessons from the Dark One), how is that "screwing" Regina over? Regina CHOSE to train with Rumple.

Also, need I remind you of the multiple times Regina has been given clemency and shown mercy by our heroes (And indeed, Snow, Charming, the Dwarves, Granny, Ruby et. al. have shown the hearts of TRUE HEROES) she's rejected it? It was only 2 eps ago that the character herself confirmed what I just posted before. That she is addicted to her anger and rage. Well sir, THAT is on her. No one else. Regina could've been a hero. She could have been a force for good. But she has chosen time and again the path of darkness. Instead of overcoming her circumstances and emotions she has instead harmed, out of spite, all in her orbit. She fancies herself a Queen, but she is really just a child with too much power.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #205
Milos
Side-Kick
 
Milos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 592
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Regina didn't chose anything when it comes to Rumpelstiltskin he manipulated her, her broke her to create his monster as he said! Stuff she did after she became a monster, that's a different story but still with a reason.

Milos is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 02:51 AM   #206
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 13,214
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milos View Post
Regina didn't chose anything when it comes to Rumpelstiltskin he manipulated her, her broke her to create his monster as he said! Stuff she did after she became a monster, that's a different story but still with a reason.

He manipulated her, sure, but he manipulated what was there in her heart. Her anger. Her unwillingness to see that it was her mother, NOT a preteen girl, that killed her love. Regina, at any time, could choose to let go of her feelings of resentment and victimhood. Instead she lashes out at the world at large. She has chosen to rape, to kill, hell even children are not immune to her caprice (See Hansel and Gretl). I know you have stated that there is a kind of reasoning to her anger, but the way you write about it sounds like excusing the character more than anything.

What I think we can both agree on (even as the big strong hetero man I am ) is that Regina/Lana always looks FABULOUS!!!!

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #207
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.
 
PyroChamber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,463
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
What I think we can both agree on (even as the big strong hetero man I am ) is that Regina/Lana always looks FABULOUS!!!!
But only when she's the Queen.

__________________
"I hate you, I hate you, I don't even know you and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you, and nobody else but you."

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #208
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 24,313
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Seeing Lost Boy Felix who is always bragging and going on about his bro-crush Pan getting knocked out by Neal was my highlight of the episode

__________________
King Of Strong Style
chamber-music is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #209
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
 
the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: belfast northern ireland
Posts: 20,843
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
But only when she's the Queen.
actually the mayor outfit of the knee highs and long coat arnt that bad either

__________________
And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #210
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 13,214
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Speaking of sartorial choices, I have to ask, why hasn't Regina poofed herself up more appropriate clothing for the rescue teams Neverland jaunt? I mean, Rumple got his old digs out of mothballs, and it fits where they are. Regina could have done the same. They saving money on wardrobe or is this a sign of something in her? I mean she finally did owe up to be addicted to her own anger. Is there a real (for now) change going on in her?

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #211
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 70,876
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Probably for the sake of Lana Parilla's comfort. Rumple strutting around Neverland in a leather jacket? Eh. BFD. Regina trekking through the island wearing her usual FTL wardrobe? I imagine that would lose it's appeal for the actress after awhile.

__________________
Dear Everyone Experiencing The So-Called "Batman Fatigue",

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Sawyer is offline  
Old 10-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #212
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 13,214
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Probably for the sake of Lana Parilla's comfort. Rumple strutting around Neverland in a leather jacket? Eh. BFD. Regina trekking through the island wearing her usual FTL wardrobe? I imagine that would lose it's appeal for the actress after awhile.
Well it doesn't have to be that out there. She could have poofed them all up some freaking kakis and a pith helmet each.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:11 AM   #213
Frodo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,469
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Loved tonight's episode. Love the Neal/Gold stuff and Henry succumbing to Pan's games.

But, yeah, them doing a pre-The Return flashback for Bae with the same actor is questionable considering the actor is now almost two years older than he was then. But it is better than getting a different young actor. Why would it be one actor for Rumple becoming the Dark One and later for falling down the portal, but then another actor entirely for an event taking place in between?
I think they should keep the kid too. Though he looks like a Young Mike Nesmith circa 1966. And Peter Pan has kinda has a Davy Jones vibe going, hmm...

Frodo is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #214
Milos
Side-Kick
 
Milos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 592
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Sneak peek for next ep. Regina is so sweet!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Milos is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #215
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 15,580
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Loved this past episode, it might be the best of the season yet, good stuff. Felix getting knocked out was sweet and then Neal is a total idiot and rids himself of Rumple.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #216
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka
 
SuperT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 5,578
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Why would Neal trust Rumple? Especially when Pan told him about the prophecy?

Rump has screwed him over too many times that it would be impossible for Neal to place any additional trust in him, even in this kind of situation.

SuperT is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #217
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 70,876
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Yeah, oh that idiot Neal, not trusting the guy who has always chosen power over anything else and came very close to murdering his grandson last year when he became a threat to that.

__________________
Dear Everyone Experiencing The So-Called "Batman Fatigue",

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Sawyer is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #218
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!
 
Prison Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Clink
Posts: 38,465
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Given that Neal is my favorite character right now, I loved Sunday's episode! Love the backstory for Rumple and Neal. Can't wait to see the backstory of Rumple and Peter.

Prison Mike is offline  
Old 10-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #219
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!
 
<(o_o)>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,304
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
Given that Neal is my favorite character right now, I loved Sunday's episode! Love the backstory for Rumple and Neal. Can't wait to see the backstory of Rumple and Peter.
My guess is they are brothers but every time that Rumple & Peter have been face to face they haven't addressed each other as brothers maybe it is all a ruse until they do the backstory.

__________________
"Welcome To The Worst Nightmare Of All Reality."
"Maybe Things In Their Life Were Going Wrong & They Just Needed Someone To Take Their Spite Out On."
<(o_o)> is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #220
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 70,876
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

According to Adam Horowitz's twitter, the show premiered two years ago today.

__________________
Dear Everyone Experiencing The So-Called "Batman Fatigue",

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Sawyer is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 07:15 PM   #221
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 15,580
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Why would Neal trust Rumple? Especially when Pan told him about the prophecy?

Rump has screwed him over too many times that it would be impossible for Neal to place any additional trust in him, even in this kind of situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Yeah, oh that idiot Neal, not trusting the guy who has always chosen power over anything else and came very close to murdering his grandson last year when he became a threat to that.
I agree he shouldn't trust him but use him at least he is the second most powerful being in Neverland right now and he had very little protection to speak of as he walked into the forest that is filled with Peter Pans Lost Boys. Wasn't a lot of logic in the move for me.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline  
Old 10-24-2013, 09:52 PM   #222
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 13,214
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Ok, so after seeing WONDERLAND tonite and the events that transpired in the flashback, I am now thinking that Maleficient HAS to start playing a bigger role in things once we are done with Neverland and get back to good ole Maine. Last we saw her she did seem to be regenerating in some way. Just as a kick in the head I think it would be cool if when our heroes get back Mal has taken over the town, maybe even returned it to it's cursed state. I think Mal would be great as a true frenemy of Regina's. Sort of like an addicts drug buddy that keeps tempting them with the promise of one last hit of the good stuff.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 10-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #223
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 70,876
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Episode 310 Title

__________________
Dear Everyone Experiencing The So-Called "Batman Fatigue",

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Sawyer is offline  
Old 10-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #224
Maximus One
Oddball
 
Maximus One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Owensboro KY
Posts: 10,889
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Ok, so after seeing WONDERLAND tonite and the events that transpired in the flashback, I am now thinking that Maleficient HAS to start playing a bigger role in things once we are done with Neverland and get back to good ole Maine. Last we saw her she did seem to be regenerating in some way. Just as a kick in the head I think it would be cool if when our heroes get back Mal has taken over the town, maybe even returned it to it's cursed state. I think Mal would be great as a true frenemy of Regina's. Sort of like an addicts drug buddy that keeps tempting them with the promise of one last hit of the good stuff.

This. A thousand times this. Could be possible too since True Blood will be ending next summer

__________________
MUST NOT SLEEP. MUST WARN OTHERS.
Maximus One is online now  
Old 10-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #225
CB Fan
The Watcher
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In A Place Far Far Away
Posts: 1,226
Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 4

Don't we get to see Ariel tomorrow? I thought I remembered them saying before her solo episode we get to see her interact with the gang in neverland.

CB Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.