Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #726
Peydro Parker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
If Sue is Black, there will be outrage from people once they see her kiss Reed.
That's a ridiculous thing to be outraged about but that's on them. It's not like its the first time a black and white actor have kissed on screen.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #727
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
I don't know. People were outraged at that Cheerios commercial that featured that annoying little mixed race kid with a white mother and we see her black father at the end.
I didn't notice.. Maybe I'm too Northern.. LOL!!!

Plus they'll care even less overseas so, on that @#$* 'em

Old 10-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #728
Crimz
Side-Kick

I'm more worried that Johnny will be eldest of the Four than his skin colour, I want Sue to stay blonde and white, her look is iconic as blonde, kind of Black Canary in DC. After they get at least one movie right with the F4 looking like they should and a great story, then they can play with the races. I just want at least one true to the comics F4 movie that's not too much to ask.

Old 10-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #729
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Yeah!! And let's make the Thing a "Metal" creature instead of "rocky"!! We can be element-blind, too! Let's go all the way!!
The should be number blind too, and have five or six members on the team instead of four.

Maybe adjective blind next? The Sensational Six?

Or powers/ intellect blind? Does Reed necessarily have to be the brains of the group? Couldn't that be Ben? And Johnny could turn invisible.

Old 10-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #730
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I don't see them still being brother and sister as messing with the dynamic. So they aren't biological sibling or same race parents, does that make them any less brother and sister?
No, but we're talking about characters that people are making decisions over. Changing Johnny's race and not changing Sue's comes off like a cop out by the director and studio in my opinion. My sister is adopted so it's not like I think adoptive brothers and sisters don't share a special connection, but the two characters being of different races raises unnecessary questions from some people in the audience who won't get it immediately. If you have them the same race, then you spend zero time explaining the difference.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 10-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #731
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
I'm more worried that Johnny will be eldest of the Four than his skin colour, I want Sue to stay blonde and white, her look is iconic as blonde, kind of Black Canary in DC. After they get at least one movie right with the F4 looking like they should and a great story, then they can play with the races. I just want at least one true to the comics F4 movie that's not too much to ask.
#fanboylies

We got three Spiderman films with white boy Peter Parker and fanboys still lost their sh-t about black Miles Morales being the Amazing Spiderman.

Can we all stop pretending that there's some kind of magical line that we can cross before it's okay to make a race change? You guys are just going to keep changing the goal post.

Once they get Mole Man right......

Last edited by TheComicbookKid; 10-19-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #732
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
No, but we're talking about characters that people are making decisions over. Changing Johnny's race and not changing Sue's comes off like a cop out by the director and studio in my opinion. My sister is adopted so it's not like I think adoptive brothers and sisters don't share a special connection, but the two characters being of different races raises unnecessary questions from some people in the audience who won't get it immediately. If you have them the same race, then you spend zero time explaining the difference.
You mean like character development?

Assuming stuff is part of the reason this characters get lost in translation. Having to show the brother/sister bond to make sure people get their dynamic doesn't sound bad to me.

Old 10-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #733
Venomfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peydro Parker View Post
Funny I don't recall people complaining about Ra's Al Ghul and Bane being played by white actors. Jordan will do fine as Johnny I also hope Sue would be black, as others have said the adoption route is pretty lame.
they did for Bane
i wasn't around or didn't pay attention for Ra's
usually if it turns out good everyone shuts up

Old 10-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #734
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post

Assuming stuff is part of the reason this characters get lost in translation. Having to show the brother/sister bond to make sure people get their dynamic doesn't sound bad to me.
I'm more talking about exposition than true character development, but I see your point. I just keep imagining awkward on the nose dialogue. I hope it all comes off natural.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 10-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #735
Crimz
Side-Kick

Quote:
#fanboylies

We got three Spiderman films with white boy Peter Parker and fanboys still lost their sh-t about black Miles Morales being the Amazing Spiderman.

Can we all stop pretending that there's some kind of magical line that we can cross before it's okay to make a race change? You guys are just going to keep changing the goal post.

Once they get Mole Man right......
I for one would love to see Miles Morales on screen so what I said isn't a lie. If they do kill off Garfield's spidey then I see no reason to not replace him with Miles. I was just want a F4 movie that doesn't suck, and have characters like the ones from the comics, then I'd be fine with some changes like race (nothing too major).
I can't speak for fanboys on what they want but, this is what I want.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #736
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
If Sue is Black, there will be outrage from people once they see her kiss Reed.
I'm starting to notice they only fly into a rage when the guy is black. Not a pity party scenario, but it's what I've seen on comments and ****.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #737
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
I for one would love to see Miles Morales on screen
Me too. After the current run i would love to see Sony do a Miles Morales run of movies.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 10-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #738
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Me too. After the current run i would love to see Sony do a Miles Morales run of movies.
After seven solo Spidey films featuring Peter, Mike would be a great way to freshen up the series. Mike's rights more than likely reside with Marvel, but I would love to see Sony and Disney/Marvel collaborating post 2018 in a series of Spidey solo and team up films.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #739
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
The non-reaction to Nick Furys and Alicia Masters and Heimdalls casting.
maybe bc Samuel L Jackson was cast as a character based off of his look. That one made perfect sense, hence why their wasnt much of an outrage. I think most of the viewing audience didnt even know who Alicia was to notice or care

Old 10-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #740
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
I for one would love to see Miles Morales on screen so what I said isn't a lie. If they do kill off Garfield's spidey then I see no reason to not replace him with Miles. I was just want a F4 movie that doesn't suck, and have characters like the ones from the comics, then I'd be fine with some changes like race (nothing too major).
I can't speak for fanboys on what they want but, this is what I want.
Sorry I wasn't commenting on you specifically, but that attitude.

It was the "it's okay once..." that was all over the boards when the Raimi trilogy ended and a black Spiderman was being discussed.

Basically, you may be okay with Raimi's trilogy being 5 films but to some fans only Garfield is Spidey. So we're only at one good film... if they introduce Mary Jane, will fans be okay with Miles Morales being with her cause Garfield bows out?

No. The whole "let's get a to see the classic romance first in a trilogy, then they can do Miles"

You see how this goes now.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #741
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
The non-reaction to Nick Furys and Alicia Masters and Heimdalls casting.
Heimdalls casting generated a major controversy actually. Where were you?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 10-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #742
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Heimdalls casting generated a major controversy actually. Where were you?
lol..exactly. There was a bit on CNN for gods sakes. I remember some conservative group called for a boycott of Thor

1. The Avengers 2. The Dark Knight 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier . 4.X-Men:DOFP 5. Guardians Of The Galaxy 6.Spiderman 2 7. X2: X Men United. 8. Iron Man 9. Batman Begins. 10. X-Men: First Class
Old 10-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #743
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Are we (really) still arguing over the race issue?

Seriously. I left this thread a while ago due to exhaustion over the 'controvery' surrounding the alleged casting (or casting interest.) I return to find it is still the same argument being re-transmitted over and over again.

Why not cease the evacuation of parasocial/racial dread and focus on something that I would say is far more important to the film and will prompt organic discussion: the story.

For the pat year, I have been stocking up on the old Masterworks titles and picked up this baby for $4.

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Masterw...ur+masterworks

While some of the stories are hit and miss, I really enjoyed seeing the Microverse. I think something such as that would be awesome to have on the FF's relaunched film. Focus on the exploration and aventure aspects of the magazine, instead of reverting to the cliched supervillain takeover/revenge plot. Too many superhero films have become dark and cynical and really miss the sense of wonder that comes from the Silver Age Magazines. I woud like to see a film that captures the beauty and majesty of Jack Kirby's cosmos and the character richness of Gravity.
I want to see a new world/dimension and the team exploring it and solving a problem associated with it; not another Doom wants to take over the world/revenge on Reed plot.

Save Doom for the second film where they could build up the local (Earth-bound) threat and international intrigue: I've always wanted to see Latveria. Romania and the nearby counties have been underused in film and have a unique beauty that would be awesome on the large screen, esp on a production as big as FF2.

Have the film set in it and the team responding to Doom and his tech/magic: have Reed's scientific background and materialistic perspective contrasted against Doom's fusion of the two.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."

Last edited by jonathancrane; 10-20-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #744
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

The fan 4 have plenty of character development as is... There's no reason to add something even deeper. This is a shock tactic from the director and studio. Nothing more

Old 10-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #745
Project862006
Banned User

yeah it cant possibly be because MBJ is a great young hot actor who is getting oscar talk or anything it must be for shock value and nothing more

the posters in this section have to be the most ignorant and close minded i have ever seen

Old 10-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #746
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
yeah it cant possibly be because MBJ is a great young hot actor who is getting oscar talk or anything it must be for shock value and nothing more

the posters in this section have to be the most ignorant and close minded i have ever seen
He's indeed a great actor... But so is meryl streep and she shouldn't play sue.

This is nothing more then the director liking him and as a bonus the casting creates buzz for the film

Its equally ignorant to assume that just because he's cast means he has to be the best suited for the role... By that logic Nicholas Cage was the best suited for Ghostrider.....

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 10-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #747
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Will be good when the cast is official.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 10-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #748
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

Yep....making a blanket statement like that about all the posters in a section when you already have 9 infractions is the height of intelligence and open mindedness.....you now have 10 infractions and are automaticlly banned.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #749
Lord
All Mighty

I don0t think he deserved to get infracted for that, that a little too much considering he wasn't exactly insulting anybody

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #750
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Um he was insulting pretty much everybody in the entire section.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Closed Thread