The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #576
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
How old is Ramsey again?
He turns 23 on Boxing Day.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-20-2013, 01:37 AM   #577
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
This is the bit that had Hansen marking out and making the Zidane comparisons.
Can you remember what he said?

Quote:
He turns 23 on Boxing Day.
He is going to be immense in 3 years or so. Not looking a whole lot worse than 42m Ozil.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #578
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

manchester-united-boss-david-moyes-rejects-fergie-fear-factor

of course there is the fegie factor, the players don't have that sense of fear or respect nipping at they're heels and opposing teams know this hence why they are coming to old Trafford with a sense of we can do this

To deny that is just stupid, but again it's another case of moyes making statements about stuff that should be kept in house

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 10-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #579
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Sweet Jesus that was good!

Norwich defenders look like they just witnessed witchcraft.

Ramsey has been playing like a boss lately

Last edited by chamber-music; 10-20-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #580
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Mirror are carrying a story saying you and City are going to try for him in January, I can't think why City would need him when they have 2 quality strikers and a decent back up already there.
Yeah, I saw that. Though I can't see Wenger spending 25m on him when he could potentially get him for free 6 months later.

Quote:
Me too as he was looking great when he got hurt, but I never saw him hitting these levels in truth, great stuff. Lol well on MOTD they seem to think he's gonna be back in the starting 11 when he returns but I dunno, you're playing so well right now Wenger wont shake things up needlessly IMO.
Yeah, I agree. It's ridiculous to think that considering how well we're clicking and playing at the moment, that Lolcott would be able to just waltz right back in. Apart from pace, he offers nothing and often ruins our play and build up. I still smack my head that Wenger opted for him over Bale, who is the Arsenal fan.

Quote:
This is the bit that had Hansen marking out and making the Zidane comparisons.
Yeah, Zizou used to pull that move off time and time again. Wenger also gave a brilliant response recently, regarding Ramsey. He was asked by a journo if he ever considered letting Ramsey go last season when it looked as though he would never regain the early promise he once showed. Wenger replied, "No. I gave him a new contract".

Old 10-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #581
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Btw, Januzaj looks absolute quality. Reminds me of a young Kaka'.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #582
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

SUnderland 1 point 8 games and playing Newcastle next!

Old 10-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #583
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Can you remember what he said?
Not exactly, just that the way Ramsey moved with the ball and the clever skil he used to get past the two players reminded him of Zidane.

Quote:
He is going to be immense in 3 years or so. Not looking a whole lot worse than 42m Ozil.
Without a doubt, he's the best CM in the PL right now.

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that. Though I can't see Wenger spending 25m on him when he could potentially get him for free 6 months later.
The thing is once he becomes free the race becomes more difficult, Wenger could score a win and strengthen your PL and CL chances if he makes the definitive move in January.

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. It's ridiculous to think that considering how well we're clicking and playing at the moment, that Lolcott would be able to just waltz right back in. Apart from pace, he offers nothing and often ruins our play and build up. I still smack my head that Wenger opted for him over Bale, who is the Arsenal fan.
According the reports tonight he will miss your games with Dortmund and Chelsea, so if the team does well in those he may find it more difficult to get back in, as I don't see Wenger disrupting a winning formula.

Quote:
Yeah, Zizou used to pull that move off time and time again. Wenger also gave a brilliant response recently, regarding Ramsey. He was asked by a journo if he ever considered letting Ramsey go last season when it looked as though he would never regain the early promise he once showed. Wenger replied, "No. I gave him a new contract".
I'm sure that lifted Ramsey's self belief but it was a bold move, as in truth I thought he looked a shell of the player he promised to be prior to the injury. Fortunately he's young and looks to have worked past it.

Quote:
Btw, Januzaj looks absolute quality. Reminds me of a young Kaka'.
The only bright spot in our season so far, he's effortless on the ball and has great balance and a lovely weight of pass. I think he'll be our #10 when Rooney leaves next summer.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #584
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Evra seems to be checking out of MUFC when his contract is up.... For 'personal reasons'

Old 10-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #585
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Not exactly, just that the way Ramsey moved with the ball and the clever skil he used to get past the two players reminded him of Zidane.
Oh yeah, Zidane well known for that particular move. We almost had Zidane at Highbury, maybe we get the future Welsh Zidane at the Emirates.

Quote:
Without a doubt, he's the best CM in the PL right now.
Yeah, I think he's contributing as much as Ozil to Arsenal's form at the moment.

Quote:
I'm sure that lifted Ramsey's self belief but it was a bold move, as in truth I thought he looked a shell of the player he promised to be prior to the injury. Fortunately he's young and looks to have worked past it.
I can't remember. Before his injury was he looking like he might be as good as he is now or better/worse?

Quote:
The only bright spot in our season so far, he's effortless on the ball and has great balance and a lovely weight of pass. I think he'll be our #10 when Rooney leaves next summer.
The writing seems to be on the wall even more for Rooney if Fergie lets rips in his book and Utd don't challenge this year. Wonder where he wants to go. Would he fit into Arsenal's current system? Would he prefer Chelsea? Not sure the best clubs Madrid, Barca, Bayern would want him. Hopefully Utd use the funds (which if he continues to play well might be more than you would have got last summer) straightaway to get one or 2 solid players in.

And Januzaj really does look like he could be top class. Great news on him signing the contract. You just need a midfield now! How many years do you think VP has?

Old 10-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #586
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
It's funny how high expectations for Rooney were/are, I mean he's not far off becoming the all time leading scorer for England but most feel he's not been as good at international level as required. I'd put that more in the context of the fact he hasn't delivered at a World Cup or Euros since he was a kid, that can't be denied, he has delivered in qualification for us though IMO.
I don't think there's been any English player with Rooney's potential at 16 that I've seen. From then if everything had gone well he could have kicked on to be in the same bracket as Ronaldo. He hasn't thrown his career away like other players of a similar mentality have but he certainly hasn't maximised his potential either. He could end up as England's highest ever scorer but he also had a lot more to his game than a Lineker which could have put him alongside the very top players.

Quote:
I keep forgetting when the PL is on a break that Fergie is no longer United manager, then I turn the game on, on Saturday and sees Moyes there looking lost in our dugout.
Haha

Welcome to life for the majority of football fans.

Quote:
It's a strange one, didn't he try to sell pretty early on but the price hewanted put potential buyers off? Since then he has invested quite well into the side but he does other things that make it look like he's sabotaging his mangers from within.
Yes. But since then he hasn't taken the obvious opportunites when they have come. A confusing character for sure. I'd rather have someone else owning the club but I won't say that everything he does is bad; there are good facets to his ownership. Kinnear, Wise & Pardew in charge of the Toon at the sportsdirect.com@St_James_Park takes some coming back from though!

Old 10-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #587
kit1982
Side-Kick

Monday Night Football delivering yet again, what a goal by Kasami!

Edit: Just seens this from Wilshires twitter:

Well there's my 'goal of the month' prize gone!!!! Take a bow! #Player #MNF

Last edited by kit1982; 10-21-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #588
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
The thing is once he becomes free the race becomes more difficult, Wenger could score a win and strengthen your PL and CL chances if he makes the definitive move in January.
Possibly, though I can't see it happening. It's probably just the media stoking the fire with our two upcoming ties against Dortmund.

Quote:
According the reports tonight he will miss your games with Dortmund and Chelsea, so if the team does well in those he may find it more difficult to get back in, as I don't see Wenger disrupting a winning formula.
We'll see, but I could see him sneaking his way back in there.

Quote:
Yeah, I agree.

Quote:
Yeah, he looks like he's going to be something special!

Old 10-22-2013, 02:20 PM   #589
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Could be some good matches tonight.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #590
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Arsenal vs Dortmund should be great!

Old 10-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #591
kit1982
Side-Kick

Anyone read Fergie's book? I'm lucky enough to have just finished it. It's a good read and if you're a Chelsea fan it'll be pretty interesting. Fergies seems pretty happy to admit he's abit of a douche...but if you want to be that successful in football you have to be.

Overall really enjoyed it as despite my Yorkshire allegiances I have nothing but superlatives to say about Fergie.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #592
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Looking at SAF's interviews, does he look rejuvenated to anyone else? He looks like he's got some life back in him lol

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 10-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #593
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Anyone read Fergie's book? I'm lucky enough to have just finished it. It's a good read and if you're a Chelsea fan it'll be pretty interesting. Fergies seems pretty happy to admit he's abit of a douche...but if you want to be that successful in football you have to be.

Overall really enjoyed it as despite my Yorkshire allegiances I have nothing but superlatives to say about Fergie.
I'd definitely be interested to read it given how many eras of football his careeer covers at the top level. Who gets the most stick?

Old 10-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #594
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

bit of a scare there with Wilshire, but seems to be ok now.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #595
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Arsenal vs Dortmund should be great!
Dortmund scored after a Ramsey mistake so Arsenal have to go for it now. Should definitely be a corker!

Old 10-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #596
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

2-0 Giroud

Arsenal have been playing a bit better than earlier in the match and putting a few good attacks together. Giroud gets a bit lucky as the defender and goalkeeper don't deal with a cross from Lasagna.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #597
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

I see Piers Morgan is a little peeved that no one made such a fuss over his book that SAF's book has caused...

Also Roy Keane is bloody hypocritical to slag SAF off as not being loyal after some of the stunts he's pulled...

Old 10-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #598
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Koscielny takes an elbow to the face but doesn't roll around for 15 minutes.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #599
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Torres apparently has both goals for Chelsea against Shalke. Good & much needed result for them (& him).

Old 10-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #600
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Final Scores

Arsenal 1 - 2 Dortmund (late goal )
Schalke 0 -3 Chelsea (great result away from home, don't know who got the 3rd)

Closed Thread