The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Old 10-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #151
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 1 "30 Days Without an Accident" Discussion Thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
I was thinking "why are they falling now?" They've been there for a long time (don't know how so many zombies got up there, but anyway).
It wasn't obvious but there were spots the roof had rotted through in. I think they just stood where they were (which I can't answer why) but it is clear they were there as part of a failed extraction attempt. The giant wreckage of a helicoptor was evident enough... particularly when it came through the roof. Though that's a bigger question: Why did it wait to fall after the much smaller zombies fall through first?

It would have made more sense for it to give way with the zombies subsequently falling through that hole but it wouldn't have been as action-y I guess.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #152
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 1 "30 Days Without an Accident" Discussion Thre

But the splats they made when they landed were awesome at least.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #153
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Did anybody here find the supermarket scene a little ridiculous with Zombies falling down in video game style?
Yea the direction they're taking the show is straying from the "life in the zombie apocalypse" theme. I used to feel like this was one group and there could be many other groups facing the same ordeals. We are just following these people and their struggle.

Now they're starting to become like super heroes. Zombies fall from the ceiling and the main cast just handles business while everyone else is helpless and panics. New characters are introduced so someone can be killed off.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #154
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
It wasn't obvious but there were spots the roof had rotted through in. I think they just stood where they were (which I can't answer why) but it is clear they were there as part of a failed extraction attempt. The giant wreckage of a helicoptor was evident enough... particularly when it came through the roof. Though that's a bigger question: Why did it wait to fall after the much smaller zombies fall through first?
Was it the fuel from the helicopter that caused the roof to weaken?

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #155
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Am I the only one that thought maybe the kid got poisoned intentionally by someone so that he would die and become a walker/biter/lamebrain in the prison to create some chaos? Possibly as a distraction for something?

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
PSN ID:NerdHerd9707
I won't push it on you but if you'd like to ask me about Christ, I'm here.
webhead9707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #156
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
Yea the direction they're taking the show is straying from the "life in the zombie apocalypse" theme. I used to feel like this was one group and there could be many other groups facing the same ordeals. We are just following these people and their struggle.

Now they're starting to become like super heroes. Zombies fall from the ceiling and the main cast just handles business while everyone else is helpless and panics. New characters are introduced so someone can be killed off.
I think the writers are trying to come up with 'new' ways to show us some zombie-killing action and sometimes they go a little bit too far. Although I didn't mind the marketplace scene. I mean, there's only so much you can do with those zombies. They don't scream "variety!".

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #157
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
Was it the fuel from the helicopter that caused the roof to weaken?
Most likely combined with the rain and a lack of general maintainence on the roof.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #158
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead9707 View Post
Am I the only one that thought maybe the kid got poisoned intentionally by someone so that he would die and become a walker/biter/lamebrain in the prison to create some chaos? Possibly as a distraction for something?
That didn't occur to me at all but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
squeekness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #159
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

It was a nice episode, not 16 million viewers worth good but ok.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #160
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
It was a nice episode, not 16 million viewers worth good but ok.
Because as The Big Bang Theory, NCIS and about 90% of what has been on CBS for the last decade have shown us, you have to be the best possible to get those kind of viewers.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #161
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

For cable television to pull those numbers you have to be a lot better than a network.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #162
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Because as The Big Bang Theory, NCIS and about 90% of what has been on CBS for the last decade have shown us, you have to be the best possible to get those kind of viewers.
I was just pointing out the amount of people that watched was absurd. I think the popularity of this show is absurd and it bothers me that people think this show is as good as Breaking Bad. I'm not your enemy Sawyer.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #163
Zatanna
Mistress of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
For cable television to pull those numbers you have to be a lot better than a network.
I don't think the general audience is as picky about things as us internet fans. LOL

Old 10-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #164
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
I was just pointing out the amount of people that watched was absurd. I think the popularity of this show is absurd and it bothers me that people think this show is as good as Breaking Bad. I'm not your enemy Sawyer.
Everyone is my enemy!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #165
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

God, not Breaking Bad again. I'm so sick of that series. Who gives a ****?

The general audience may not be picky but for cable television, 16 million is a lot. It's rare they hit that kind of spread which is exactly why this is getting reported on.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #166
afan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
I was thinking "why are they falling now?" They've been there for a long time (don't know how so many zombies got up there, but anyway).
Well they were wandering aimlessly about the roof until the crashing shelf noise gave them all one destination, and when they gathered above the noise the combined weight began the roof's collapse.

Was the kid who died at the end the same that took over the cooking for Carol. Could he be a kind of Typhoid Mary, for more group members, spreading his disease, whatever it might be, by touching the food.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #167
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Early predictions:

-Bob is the Governor's spy.
-Michonne searching for the Governor will end badly, and she'll be kidnapped by him.
-The prison attack will come at the mid-season finale and there'll be lotsa death.
-The group will be inadvertedly split into two factions at some point in the season (probably after the prison attack). Like in the comics, Rick, Carl and some other people will escape one way and the rest will escape another. Rick will meet up with Eugene and Abraham and then the "I know about a cure and safe zones and ****" lie will come in from the former, leading them to Washington.
-Rick has too many right-hand-men/women. Daryl, Tyreese, Michonne. I'm thinking that Daryl will be killed some time this season.
-Either this season, or the next, the group will finally reach a SAFE-ZONE. An official government one. There's tons of potential. Plus, in the SDCC trailer the word "Sanctuary" was broadcast over the radio. They could have a story arc like in Breaking Bad and Lost, where the leader of the operation/sanctuary (in BrBa's case, Gus Fring and in Lost's, Ben Linus) becomes the deadly villain. It worked fantastically on those shows. Even better if you could get an actor like Michael Emerson in the role

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."

Last edited by Hyde; 10-16-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #168
Teelie
Mostly Harmless

Those are all strong possibilities although I only think two, maybe three of them will come true. I just don't know which ones I'd bet on yet.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #169
Pittman4Two
Side-Kick

I think it's obvious that the walkers on the roof were either a) part of the helicopter crew or b) part of the contingent waiting to be rescued by the chopper.

Pittman4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #170
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
That didn't occur to me at all but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I just think it would make sense seeing how it seems like someone is trying to sabotage the prison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Early predictions:

-Bob is the Governor's spy.
-Michonne searching for the Governor will end badly, and she'll be kidnapped by him.
-The prison attack will come at the mid-season finale and there'll be lotsa death.
-The group will be inadvertedly split into two factions at some point in the season (probably after the prison attack). Like in the comics, Rick, Carl and some other people will escape one way and the rest will escape another. Rick will meet up with Eugene and Abraham and then the "I know about a cure and safe zones and ****" lie will come in from the former, leading them to Washington.
-Rick has too many right-hand-men/women. Daryl, Tyreese, Michonne. I'm thinking that Daryl will be killed some time this season.
-Either this season, or the next, the group will finally reach a SAFE-ZONE. An official government one. There's tons of potential. Plus, in the SDCC trailer the word "Sanctuary" was broadcast over the radio. They could have a story arc like in Breaking Bad and Lost, where the leader of the operation/sanctuary (in BrBa's case, Gus Fring and in Lost's, Ben Linus) becomes the deadly villain. It worked fantastically on those shows. Even better if you could get an actor like Michael Emerson in the role
I thought that too. Not so sure anymore though.

By day, a normal mild mannered fellow. By night, he is Dr. Perky, a brutal vigilante known for breaking the limbs of the corrupt and heartless....all while in a cuddly bear costume. BEWARE BE BEAR!!!!! Summer 2011.
My Deviantart
Old 10-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #171
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead9707 View Post
I thought that too. Not so sure anymore though.
Why not?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #172
webhead9707
Dr. Perky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Why not?
Because I think that's what they want us to think. They made scenes with him more suspicious than they should have been. I think he's really just uneasy or an awkward guy and the writers are using that part of his character to throw us off.

My Deviantart
Old 10-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #173
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 10-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #174
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #175
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

God, that woman was creepy.

Why did she look like a walker? Why???

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote