The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #126
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

Default Re: Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Maybe in the 4th or 5th movie, or maybe after Spider-Man defeated Sinister Six.
once again this series will not go past 4. every one is expecting 5 to 6 to 7 movies. that wont happen. and can we just let go of venom. FOR NOW? this a new series which means new villians. and at the route they are going to only way the symbiote even has a chance of being introduced is if peter needs it to fight off the sinister six. and venom wont happen after tasm 4 so dont get your hopes up. im personally a person who doesnt really like venom. hes cool there isnt anything wrong with him. im just not fond of him.

amazingly atiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #127
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

What I want is Electro defeated in the first half of ASM 2 with Spidey defeating him in the black-suit.

darthcoolness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #128
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoolness3 View Post
What I want is Electro defeated in the first half of ASM 2 with Spidey defeating him in the black-suit.
thats a very horrible idea. 2 villians before half the movie even starts. thats ridiculous. also no time for a symbiote story. yeah please dont bring that up again ahaha. theres just simply to much going on for the symbiote to be introduced. im glad with WHAT TASM 2 is doing already

amazingly atiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #129
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

A Venom solo project should be done, it should be epic, and should span over three films...the third being & concluding in TASM#.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #130
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

For as long as I can remember, I've always liked the vigilante-type character, and since Venom is a vigilante, I'd love to see him get a movie, but I can't decide on what it should be rated.

A lot of me leans toward the R rating. I can understand why people would want a PG-13 rating, but there's a number of reasons why I shoot for the R rating. For one thing, just look at Venom; children would be terrified if they saw that on the big screen. In other words, I don't want to put up with irresponsible parents. Also, anyone who's read Funeral Pyre knows that those comics focus on vigilantism. Spider-Man is considered a vigilante as well, but unlike Venom, he doesn't kill his enemies. I wasn't going to go over the top on the violence, but I'd have scenes where Venom crushes his victims' heads with his hands and uses his webbing to grab and slam bad guys face first into poles. I wouldn't go too far into Brock's origin, but people would see enough of it to get an idea, and another thing, I wouldn't use the Venom from Ultimate Spider-Man. The first couple parts of the movie would have the Death Wish affect where the police don't know that Venom is the vigilante.

Last edited by I'm Venom; 10-18-2013 at 12:58 PM.
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #131
JOE

Venom on his own will never reach it's full potential as a character. Spidey is his fuel, no fuel... No go.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Iron-Man: 7.5
The Incredible Hulk: 5.5
Iron-Man 2: 4
Thor: 5
Captain America: 6.5
The Avengers: 8
Iron-Man 3: 6
Thor 2: 5
Captain America 2: 7
Guardians of the Galaxy: 7.5

DCU CBM Ratings:
Man of Steel: 5

JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #132
Nathan

I agree. Venom is at his best when he's in full vengeance and stalker mode.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #133
zeptron
Side-Kick

If Venom ever appears in this franchise, I would like to do what they did on Spectacular Spider-man by taking the Ultimate storyline and have Peter and Eddie start out as friends. It'd be more interesting that way as Eddie becomes Venom, it makes things more personal for Peter as someone that was once a good friend of his has now become one of his worst foes.

Spider-man 3 already did the story with them being rivals at the Bugle(which was taken from the 90s cartoon) so if they were to do that again it'd just be a rehash and in the original comics, Eddie had one of the worst origin stories.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #134
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
Venom on his own will never reach it's full potential as a character. Spidey is his fuel, no fuel... No go.
I agree, if the keep following the same ole mantra of the past, be it comics, cartoon, or that jump that was done on film.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #135
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE View Post
Venom could quite easily be a great villain by himself for one film.

But that's the thing right there, he's really only good for about one film. The vengeance, stalker character who's more powerful in every way is something that could play out great for a film. Especially if they build Eddie up in a film prior to the one he would be the big bad in (I personally would want them to go with SSM take, perfect meld of Ultimate Venom and 616).

However, the stalker Venom only really works for one take. So in a film, it's perfect. However, that was why Venom got old very quickly in the comics and they needed to find other angles for him, because in serial format, the stalker angle can only last for so long.

One film though? No problem.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #136
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I would love to see Venom taken back to his slasher horror roots of his first appearance as opposed to the more sci-fi takes that came. The stalker who lurks in the shadows was always my personal favorite take on Venom. The scene at the end of TASM #299 always reminds me of the scene from Alien where that character points his flashlight in a dark corner as Alien's grin appears from nowhere.

But as Infinity said, that take only works for one film. Which I'm fine with.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #137
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

I agree with you two, to a point however. I think the key is not necessarily Venom himself in the beginning...he's the product of the situation. I think the biggest key in the folklore of Venom, is how they handle the intrigue mystery & characterization of the Symbiote. I wish these writers would listen to me...the Symbiote must have a life, a history, a reason, a personality & intelligence of its own. To me, that's the key to a great onscreen feature on Venom.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not ignoring Brock. I said time & time again, that all three aspects of the character Venom should be fully developed. Brock, the Symbiote, and Venom himself. Otherwise, we will just get more of the same drab.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #138
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Brock is a broken man, he has daddy issues and is a mentally sad sack of a human being. Once the world comes crashing down in his darkest hour, the symbiote appears. Brock has everything he wanted: power, strength, and the ability to demand respect. He sees Spider-Man as a monster, a villain that needs to be destroyed. I don’t know, that’s the interpretation I liked. The braineating element, for example. Why was that necessary?

Old 10-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #139
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

I don't like the brain-eating element either; however, I do understand why the writers chose to include that element in the Symbiote lore. The Sym is suppose to be more like a virus(like cancer consumes the body), as oppose to just some possessive entity. Not only does the Sym takes over the rational thought/thinking process of the brain; but, undoubtly devour & consumes it, in essence destroying the host, while adsorbing its essence & persona, maintaining the host being within its own...which leads to the fact that the Sym constantly seeking a new host to survive. Hense the thought that the Sym "feeds off its host."

Old 10-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #140
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Amazing Spider-Man 3:
Black suit introduced.
Eddie Brock introduced.
Green Goblin
Gwen Stacy dies.
Symbiote finds Brock.

Amazing Spider-Man 4:
Venom is the villain.
Peter and Mary Jane begin dating.
Brock is sent to Ravencroft at the end.

Venom:
Brock is main character.
Symbiote replicates itself, and Venom must take down Carnage.
Spider-Man cameos.

Last edited by I'm Venom; 10-21-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:14 AM   #141
Morbius
Living Vampire

I really don't want venom in this movie franchise. We're already getting Goblin again - there are plenty of other villains to throw in the mix. The fact that TASM was made at all hurt its image, as many people felt it was just telling the same story as Raimi's Spiderman (I disagree but hey!)

Having two villains in Webb's franchise who were already in the preceding franchise is not something I see happening.

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #142
JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
I really don't want venom in this movie franchise. We're already getting Goblin again - there are plenty of other villains to throw in the mix. The fact that TASM was made at all hurt its image, as many people felt it was just telling the same story as Raimi's Spiderman (I disagree but hey!)

Having two villains in Webb's franchise who were already in the preceding franchise is not something I see happening.
Why not?

They happen to be the most (if not then in the top 5) popular Spider-Man villains. Did Nolan stray away from the Joker or Bane because they were done before? No, he improved them.

Goblin's performance was adequate, yet his costume was questionable. Appearance is a big thing. With Venom, his performance was terrible and his costume was meh. Not to mention Spidey's symbiote costume was meh as well. Why not have a second swing at these? It'd be fantastic to see another interpretation. The characters deserve to be redone and by the looks of it, they already have the ball rolling with Goblin. I'm all for it.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:

DCU CBM Ratings:

Old 10-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #143
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

^ I completely agree

Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #144
Morbius
Living Vampire

Fine, I'll be the new Anno. You're all wrong, i'm right.

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #145
JOE

You have to defeat Vid before you earn the rights to be called "Anno".

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:

DCU CBM Ratings:

Old 10-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #146
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Venom should've been shown in Spider-Man 4 while Brock's hatred was developed in Spider-Man 3. The cartoon didn't jump right into Venom, and it paid off. I still can't believe they hired Eric Forman to be Brock/Venom.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #147
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

The villains having been done before doesn't mean anything if they haven't been done right in the first place.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #148
JOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
The villains having been done before doesn't mean anything if they haven't been done right in the first place.
This is my exact argument, I just wasn't as blunt. Hahaha, well said sir!

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:

DCU CBM Ratings:

Old 10-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #149
Da-Scribe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Venom should've been shown in Spider-Man 4 while Brock's hatred was developed in Spider-Man 3. The cartoon didn't jump right into Venom, and it paid off. I still can't believe they hired Eric Forman to be Brock/Venom.
Well he was playing Eddie Brock Jr., and the physical resemblance was there. And given the intention to make the character a dark mirror of Parker, which was a solid idea with crappy execution, I didn't see a problem with Grace as Eddie.

I think Grace could've actually owned the role if the script/direction hadn't been so awful. And sidenote, did anyone else see him in the Corduroy Magazine shoot? Guy's gotten kinda jacked...kinda.

Last edited by Da-Scribe; 10-29-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Da-Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:19 PM   #150
JOE

The only use for the symbiote would be to defeat the Sinister 6 along with a mix of emotions from Gwen's death. Hatred and frustration all meshed together would make a fierce symbiote Spider-Man.

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings: