The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #676
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
I'm just gonna plop this here and duck out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4136437.html
....AND? I'm mean they do that alot. You get better CGI results if you ask me.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 10-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #677
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
facing his own mortality might be all that's needed to change his mind. Stark might see himself as necessary to the safeguarding of the planet; with someone like Thanos on the horizon. so maybe he attempts to live on through an artificial hero; just as smart as himself. it's what happened in the comics (A-Next Universe).
Sounds pretty "Tony-centric." Do you think that Tony Stark still thinks that he's "the only one in the world?" He's already seen that Thor and Hulk, in particular, can shoulder the burden of any future attacks on Earth. Would he really need to create an Iron Man proxy, when a more likely scenario sees him just improving on his *own* design, as he always has done?

Quote:
then rewind to the attack on his home. he clearly and unflinchingly risks his own life to protect Pepper. he envelops her in the armor; as bullets whiz around his head.
Already been addressed in a previous post. Under no circumstances was I saying *anywhere* that Iron Man isn't a hero; just that remote-controlling a drone isn't part of that definition.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #678
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Sounds pretty "Tony-centric." Do you think that Tony Stark still thinks that he's "the only one in the world?" He's already seen that Thor and Hulk, in particular, can shoulder the burden of any future attacks on Earth. Would he really need to create an Iron Man proxy, when a more likely scenario sees him just improving on his *own* design, as he always has done?
he's that arrogant.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:19 PM   #679
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Preview for TDW on the Science \Channel tonight during episodes of How to Build A Planet from 9 to 11 Pacific time.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #680
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Just saw a sign at the bottom of screen while watching The Science Channel,
Promising a special sneak peek of the film

Old 10-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #681
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Already been addressed in a previous post. Under no circumstances was I saying *anywhere* that Iron Man isn't a hero; just that remote-controlling a drone isn't part of that definition.
Creating an Iron Man proxy (army) is the precise design improvement he made in IM3... which he was driven to do even though Thor and Hulk existed, and in a way *because* Thor and Hulk existed.

Speaking of, if we define heroism as putting one's life on the line, then Hulk is not a hero at all. Thor was only a hero for five seconds in his own film. A broader definition is needed or we need to take the word 'hero' out of superhero.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #682
Silvermoth
Avenger

Last night I had a dream that the whole aaron Taylor Johnson/ Elizabeth Olsen thing was just a rumour. Actually marvel cast some Disney kid as quicksilver and Emma Watson as wanda.

Do whatever you like with this information

Old 10-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #683
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Kevin Feige on Daredevil:

Quote:
"The rights to Daredevil returned to us, we have a group of smart people who are trying to figure out what to do with this character. Enough material for a film, a lot of comics came with a variety of subjects. But we do not plan to release the film in the near future."
Feige also comments on rumors of an eventual crossover with Fox's X-Men. Unsurprisingly there doesn't seem to be much happening there, but as a fan it's something he would like to see.

Quote:
"In terms of an X-Men crossover, there are certainly no plans now -- I never say never to things like that, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon", -Feige says, before joking- that it'll be "Phase 27" before we see that happen."

Last edited by HunBoy; 10-22-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #684
Hunter Rider
Ronin

The Daredevil news sucks.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-22-2013, 07:31 AM   #685
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Wrong topic, but

Quote:
Ben Kingsley has revealed that he's working on a "secret Marvel project" during promotions for Ender's Game
Twist the plot twist?

Old 10-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #686
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Creating an Iron Man proxy (army) is the precise design improvement he made in IM3... which he was driven to do even though Thor and Hulk existed, and in a way *because* Thor and Hulk existed.

Speaking of, if we define heroism as putting one's life on the line, then Hulk is not a hero at all. Thor was only a hero for five seconds in his own film. A broader definition is needed or we need to take the word 'hero' out of superhero.
He didn't create the "Iron Legion" to be proxies, though. He fully intended each suit of armor to be used to its intended purpose in any given situation --- i.e., if he needed to go into space for a mission, or go underwater, or be "invisible," etc. It was a desperation move to fire up the whole batch of them and have JARVIS r/c them into attacking the AIM base en masse.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #687
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Wrong topic, but

Twist the plot twist?
Either "Masters of Evil" **** just got a whole lot realer, and The Fandarins *will* get a second chance to see a "true" Ben Kingsley Mandarin; or somebody may just need to interrogate Trevor in prison regarding some things about AIM/Killian/Extremis. (Agents of SHIELD being a big likelihood in that second scenario.)

Old 10-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #688
Bren
Forevernoob

There is hope for Trevandarin.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #689
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Could be Ancient One for Doctor Strange.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #690
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Just give Daredevil a damn tv series and be done with it. His villains can be done pretty easily, as can his powers.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #691
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Just give Daredevil a damn tv series and be done with it. His villains can be done pretty easily, as can his powers.
I wanna see Stilt-Man!

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #692
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I don't see why DD has to be a movie. He works better off as a TV series anyway. So while DD might not fit into their movie plans, they were saying they'd like to launch 4-5 new TV shows, and that's the place for him right there.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #693
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

And him being in his own tv series doesnt mean he cant appear in other Marvel movies

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #694
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Its possible this news of Kngsleys"Secret Marvel Prohect" is a bit of misdirection on Marvels part .
We hear about it and automatically think Trevor Slatter is coming back.
It is probably something else .

Old 10-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #695
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I want Trevor back! I don't think I'd like the idea of him playing another character in the MCU.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #696
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I pictured Kingsly in his Enders game make up and thought Karnak. But if really was the mandarin it'd be pretty awesome.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #697
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

The best twist for Ben Kingsley would be to do an Ed Norton in Primal Fear type twist. He could reveal that Trevor Slattery is the Mandarin all along and that the voice and imposing presence that Slattery was supposedly "pretending" to do when hired as an actor was in fact the real Mandarin personality and that the Slattery bad actor persona is the fake.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #698
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

That would severely bum me out, that would feel like a cop out. Trevor was great let him be.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #699
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Kingsley as Mandarin was great. Trevor was embarrassing. And Adrich "Syndrome" Killian was almost as bad. He might have been a formidable villain, but he only turned out that way because a drunk Tony left him on a roof. Really?

Old 10-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #700
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
That would severely bum me out, that would feel like a cop out. Trevor was great let him be.
This.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Closed Thread