The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #301
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Anyone else think Cap 3 would be the perfect place to introduce Punisher (if they don't give him a TV show)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I'd rather Cap 3 saw Daredevil introduced to the MCU, given the type of espionage involved in Cap 2 I could see Steve Rogers on trial in Cap 3 and who better than Matt Murdock to be his lawyer?
You know, I understand the desire to see new characters introduced into the MCU, and I hope you'll forgive me, but I do wonder how it is that so many people look forward to non-Cap stuff in Cap movies.

I just don't see the same happening with the Iron Man movies, or Thor. People most often say they want Ms Marvel showing up in Captain America, rather than Iron Man, even though the Iron Man movies feature an air force officer in a main role.

But to your points, I don't think either fits in a Cap setting. Castle goes after organized and street crime, and Murdock exists in the same environment.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:39 AM   #302
Jammat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Assuming my theory for Cap 2 plays out, I have no idea how Cap 3 is going to shake out. I have no idea who they will decide to use for likely Evans's last Captain America film. I feel like I know what Thor likely will be doing to some degree, and of course after Iron Man 2, we knew Mandarin would be part of Iron Man 3. Cap's 3rd film is less obvious to me. So many places they could go. Really interested to see where Cap 2 and AoU are going to leave us in regard to Steve.
I think Zemo is a fairly safe bet, possibly with flashbacks to WW2, meaning that it could involve Baron Zemo in the war, and his son / grandson hiding in S. America who tries to finish whatever his grandfather was stopped doing by Cap (and get some revenge in at the same time).

I'd love to see Cap assemble a small team of close allies (Sharon, Bucky, Falcon?) to storm Zemo's fortress Bond style in the last act.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #303
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
With Thor maybe. Or another Disney based movie before next year.
I think it's 110% safe to say that it'll be with Thor.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #304
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
You know, I understand the desire to see new characters introduced into the MCU, and I hope you'll forgive me, but I do wonder how it is that so many people look forward to non-Cap stuff in Cap movies.

I just don't see the same happening with the Iron Man movies, or Thor. People most often say they want Ms Marvel showing up in Captain America, rather than Iron Man, even though the Iron Man movies feature an air force officer in a main role.

But to your points, I don't think either fits in a Cap setting. Castle goes after organized and street crime, and Murdock exists in the same environment.
Frank doesn't ALWAYS go after street crime. He's attacked Kingpin, Doctor Doom, Norman Osborn, etc in the past. SHIELD is constantly hunting Frank, so since Cap works for SHIELD and Tony doesn't, it makes more sense for Punisher to appear in Cap. Also, the differing beliefs between Steve and Frank could make for good drama, since they do share a common military background. Rhodey is a major character because he's Tony's best friend, not because he's a Air Force officer. Carol is a military officer, just like Cap. It makes more sense to see her in a Cap movie than an IM movie for that reason alone.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #305
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Frank doesn't ALWAYS go after street crime. He's attacked Kingpin, Doctor Doom, Norman Osborn, etc in the past. SHIELD is constantly hunting Frank, so since Cap works for SHIELD and Tony doesn't, it makes more sense for Punisher to appear in Cap. Also, the differing beliefs between Steve and Frank could make for good drama, since they do share a common military background. Rhodey is a major character because he's Tony's best friend, not because he's a Air Force officer. Carol is a military officer, just like Cap. It makes more sense to see her in a Cap movie than an IM movie for that reason alone.
I remember in some of the comics (CW, Cap's death) that Frank was shown to hold Cap in high respect, as high as the Punisher can respect anyone, and mostly because of their status as vets, I think. And because Cap is Cap.
But Frank has been shown that he respects and admires Cap.

While I think Frank and Cap have a really interesting dynamic in the comics, I don't really want The Punisher showing up in his movies. Carol, though, with her military background would be good. As a cameo even.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #306
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
That doesn't even make sense. Whatever the reason is, Rhodey is still an Air Force officer on active duty, and it'd make far more sense to introduce Carol as a co-worker.

Steve, meanwhile, was an Army officer, and more importantly, was an Army officer. He's no longer on active duty.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #307
Destructus86
Side-Kick

If they can make The Punisher a likeable, anti-hero then I see no problem with introducing him into the MCU.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #308
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
It sounds as if you're saying that Rhodey is somehow less authentic as a military officer than Steve and Danvers. Rhodey is not only on active duty, he's the only active duty superhero in the MCU. He has been seen in military settings and carrying out his duties just as often as he has been portrayed palling around with Tony. There is no need to try to invalidate Rhodey's status as a US Air force officer in order to make another character look better.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #309
Loki882
Side-Kick

No, I'm not saying that. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm saying that he's in the IM movies specifically primarily because he's Tony's best bud. I'd have no issue with him appearing in other films. He could pop up in a Cap movie as a consequence of his military duties. Please, try and actually read my posts before accusing me of denigrating characters.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #310
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
It sounds as if you're saying that Rhodey is somehow less authentic as a military officer than Steve and Danvers. Rhodey is not only on active duty, he's the only active duty superhero in the MCU.
*koff*Sam Wilson*koff*

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #311
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
*koff*Sam Wilson*koff*
Air National Guard isn't really...active duty....

Old 10-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #312
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
No, I'm not saying that. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm saying that he's in the IM movies specifically primarily because he's Tony's best bud. I'd have no issue with him appearing in other films. He could pop up in a Cap movie as a consequence of his military duties. Please, try and actually read my posts before accusing me of denigrating characters.
Rhodey has been War Machine in the comics for three decades. He also wore the Iron Man armor for a time. Those aspects of his history qualify him for being in the Iron Man movies just as much as his friendship with Tony. Frankly, I am disappointed that Marvel hasn't used War Machine outside of the Iron Man franchise. The character has had his own book and was a leader of the West Coast Avengers for years, as well as being a member of the main team.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #313
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Air National Guard isn't really...active duty....
Tell that to all the Guardsmen who have served tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last ten years.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #314
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
*koff*Sam Wilson*koff*
Isn't Sam supposed to be ex- ANG?

in any event, that's his cover, as I think he's a SHIELD agent.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #315
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Isn't Sam supposed to be ex- ANG?

in any event, that's his cover, as I think he's a SHIELD agent.
What I heard was that he's still active duty ANG in his first appearance in the movie, and also working with the VA Hospital, but eventually becomes either a SHIELD liaison or a full-fledged agent while working with Cap.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #316
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Tell that to all the Guardsmen who have served tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan over the last ten years.
Definition > Perception

"Active duty refers to a full-time occupation as part of a military force, as opposed to reserve duty. "

Guardsmen can be deployed, just like reservist. But they are not military by way of full-time career. Active duty is not reservist or weekend warrior

Old 10-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #317
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'm already calling Baron Zemo as the villian for Cap 3.
Agreed.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #318
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

TRAILER IN 2 DAYS!

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 10-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #319
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/392682487832256512

Quote:
The official #CaptainAmerica: The #WinterSoldier poster is here! Teaser trailer in 2 days, only on @iTunesTrailers. http://pic.twitter.com/UY5Q4jRLfP

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 10-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #320
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

That is quite possibly the best poster marvel has released

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #321
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

TRAILER IN 2 DAYS!
Damn that's a sweet freaking poster.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 10-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #322
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Looks so good, can't wait for dat teaser!

Old 10-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #323
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 10-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #324
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #325
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post