The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #776
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Default Re: How I Met Your Mother - Part 3

Eventually, there will have to be a few jumps in time. We're at, what, 40-some hours until the wedding? We're six episodes into a 24 episode season.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 10-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #777
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Eventually, there will have to be a few jumps in time. We're at, what, 40-some hours until the wedding? We're six episodes into a 24 episode season.
Yeah, but nothing too drastic. The seasons started off at around 50 hours before the wedding right? So they've covered about 10 hours in 6 episodes, roughly 1.6hours per episode. At that speed they'd cover a little over 38 hours if they stayed at that same pace for each episode, so I'm sure an episode here or there might double that standard.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 10-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #778
TheBat812
Side-Kick

You also have to account for the fact that there's two nights worth of sleeping in a 50 hr period...

Old 10-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #779
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

They missed another opportunity to show the mother with Ted this week. Instead of using the same recycled footage of her with the umbrella at farhampton station from the season 8 opener they should've shot something new. After all, Cristin Milioti is meant to be part of the regular cast but she hasn't played for a while. She's practically a guest star at the moment.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #780
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Yeah, I thought they were going to show a somewhat updated version of the scene on the train platform, where they actually showed Miloti, but I guess they're saving that for the end.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #781
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Just got caught up today. Def wish they were doing the flashback thing with the Mom like the first episode so we could get to know her and see her relationship with Ted more. I loved the "You have chosen poorly" gimmick thought, had me laughing

Old 10-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #782
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I kinda want a guy like that, that pops up every time I choose a poor or wise decision.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #783
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Yeah, I thought they were going to show a somewhat updated version of the scene on the train platform, where they actually showed Miloti, but I guess they're saving that for the end.
They could've shown a completely different footage much like that flash forward where Ted and the mother are sitting together at the table a year from now. That's what I want to see. Now that Milioti is part of the cast, there's no reason to be reusing the old footage as if they don't have an actress for the part.

Any extra footage with Ted actually interacting with Milioti or her even appearing in some way would elevate any episode.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #784
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Yeah, and sadly, I feel like that is going to be the barometer of what makes an episode good this season. I feel like a crappy episode would be looked at as being much better if there is just any kind of moment or interaction with the mother.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #785
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Although in hindsight Ted is glad that he picked the wrong girl otherwise he might not have met the mother, why did he continually keep picking the wrong girl? Even at the end when the other woman came along but then the other one broke down when she found out the vicar had died, he went back to her. He didn't have to.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #786
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
They could've shown a completely different footage much like that flash forward where Ted and the mother are sitting together at the table a year from now. That's what I want to see. Now that Milioti is part of the cast, there's no reason to be reusing the old footage as if they don't have an actress for the part.

Any extra footage with Ted actually interacting with Milioti or her even appearing in some way would elevate any episode.
I think in this case, it was a good call. Our first time seeing Radnor and Milioti on the train track should be the finale or the penultimate episode. It would kill suspense to tip the hand so soon.

Quote:
Yeah, and sadly, I feel like that is going to be the barometer of what makes an episode good this season. I feel like a crappy episode would be looked at as being much better if there is just any kind of moment or interaction with the mother.
Frankly, I would be sorely disappointed if the show just stopped focusing on the gang and started forcing Milioti into every episode. I feel like the producers are using her an appropriate amount. They are keeping the mystery, not shoe-horning someone who has no business being in plots, into plots and maintaining the episodic nature of the show. I think this season has been great so far. Fans need to quit obsessing over Milioti and enjoy the ride.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #787
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Although in hindsight Ted is glad that he picked the wrong girl otherwise he might not have met the mother, why did he continually keep picking the wrong girl? Even at the end when the other woman came along but then the other one broke down when she found out the vicar had died, he went back to her. He didn't have to.
Because Ted isn't Barney and is a good guy. That is why we root for him.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #788
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I think in this case, it was a good call. Our first time seeing Radnor and Milioti on the train track should be the finale or the penultimate episode. It would kill suspense to tip the hand so soon.

Frankly, I would be sorely disappointed if the show just stopped focusing on the gang and started forcing Milioti into every episode. I feel like the producers are using her an appropriate amount. They are keeping the mystery, not shoe-horning someone who has no business being in plots, into plots and maintaining the episodic nature of the show. I think this season has been great so far. Fans need to quit obsessing over Milioti and enjoy the ride.
Agreed. We've seen the meeting in the rain teased quite often, I wouldn't want them to show Milioti in that scene until it's actually that scene.

And I also think they're using her a good amount. I'm much rather be wanting more than thinking we've seen too much.

here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

Old 10-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #789
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Agreed. We've seen the meeting in the rain teased quite often, I wouldn't want them to show Milioti in that scene until it's actually that scene.

And I also think they're using her a good amount. I'm much rather be wanting more than thinking we've seen too much.
Agreed. The charm of this show is largely based on the chemistry of the cast. I wouldn't want a new ingredient thrown in, that in turn, throws off the chemistry. Burn Notice went to hell with the introduction of the Jesse character because he messed with the show's chemistry. Chuck's worst season is the third because the Shaw character tampered with the chemistry of the cast. Adding a cast member is always tricky business. I think the producers are handling it perfectly.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:09 PM   #790
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Agreed. The charm of this show is largely based on the chemistry of the cast. I wouldn't want a new ingredient thrown in, that in turn, throws off the chemistry. Burn Notice went to hell with the introduction of the Jesse character because he messed with the show's chemistry. Chuck's worst season is the third because the Shaw character tampered with the chemistry of the cast. Adding a cast member is always tricky business. I think the producers are handling it perfectly.
Exactly. Luckily from the small snippets we've seen Milioti seems to fit in well, but the real draw of this show has been how well the main cast act together. That's why I didn't mind they stretched this out to 8 seasons. Yeah, it's probably a bit long, but the quality of this show has never dropped to the extent that That 70's Show did. It's a bit past it's prime, but it's still a damn solid sitcom that I enjoy watching every Monday. Heck, for a long time now I haven't cared all that much about the mother, because what made me love the show was the cast interaction, not the mystery of the mother.

And honestly, we're only six episodes in, we still have eighteen episodes left and we've already seen the mother twice in the six episode we have, yet people are still clamoring for more. Definite overkill in my book. Less is almost always more.

here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

Old 10-24-2013, 01:09 AM   #791
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

They don't need to jam her into every story, but I think they're going a little lighter than they need to right now. She's a series regular and she hasn't shown her face since the two-parter.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 10-24-2013, 04:29 AM   #792
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
They don't need to jam her into every story, but I think they're going a little lighter than they need to right now. She's a series regular and she hasn't shown her face since the two-parter.
This. And that's all I'm saying. She doesn't have to be forced into every episode, but she hasn't shown up since episode 2, which is why I say she's practically a glorified guest star at the moment.

Also I wasn't suggesting earlier that they reshoot the Farhampton train station scene with Milioti showing her face now. I was suggesting that they could've had an entirely different scene of her - another flash forward to a time when she and Ted are together or married. It's not like there has to be a limited number of scenarios in which she can appear (as if the train station were the only one) since Season 9 is meant to be even more non-linear storytelling.

And although we've seen her twice in the six episodes, it wasn't twice spread over the six. They were all stuck at the start, and since they aired the two-parter on the same night, it practically counts as one appearance since we have then only really seen her in the very first week of this new season.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 10-24-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 AM   #793
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

What I meant from my comment about her involvement being the barometer of what is considered a good episode was not that I think she should be in every episode, but rather that I know there will be a lot of people who will hate an episode or think it wasn't as good if it doesn't have the mother in it. Basically, there are some people who are only watching the show to see the mother at this point.

Its the same thing we went through with Smallville where once they showed that there was a suit, people kept bashing the final season, complaining that they're waiting for him to fly and wear the suit and stuff, not understanding that that was never the intention of the show. I knew not to expect them to do anything directly involving Superman, and it led me to not be as disappointed when they didn't, and if they did throw in something here or there, it was a nice surprise. Same feeling I have now. If we see the mother, great! If we don't, at least I know the show can still be good without her.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #794
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

Quote:
What I meant from my comment about her involvement being the barometer of what is considered a good episode was not that I think she should be in every episode, but rather that I know there will be a lot of people who will hate an episode or think it wasn't as good if it doesn't have the mother in it. Basically, there are some people who are only watching the show to see the mother at this point.

Its the same thing we went through with Smallville where once they showed that there was a suit, people kept bashing the final season, complaining that they're waiting for him to fly and wear the suit and stuff, not understanding that that was never the intention of the show. I knew not to expect them to do anything directly involving Superman, and it led me to not be as disappointed when they didn't, and if they did throw in something here or there, it was a nice surprise. Same feeling I have now. If we see the mother, great! If we don't, at least I know the show can still be good without her.
That is not why people kept bashing Smallville. SV got bashed and rightfully so because:

1. You have Supergirl before Superman
  2. How Jor-El was written
  3. Lana Lang
  4. Horrible writing for years
  5. Dragged on for way too long
  6. Clark Kent was not and did not for the most part show leadership qualities.
  7. Should have put on the suit or flown a while ago
  8. When they finally showed Superman it was noting but a CGI Superman right down to Welling doing the shirt rip.
  9. Clark and Lois at the Planet before Perry
And you can go even further about the show if you want that's just a few of the reasons why it is viewed the way it is. HIMYM is nothing like that and shouldn't be compared to that show as far as the comments go and this is coming from a person who loved SV.

Last edited by Superman Earth1; 10-24-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #795
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

^ This.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #796
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Earth1 View Post
That is not why people kept bashing Smallville. SV got bashed and rightfully so because:

1. You have Supergirl before Superman
  2. How Jor-El was written
  3. Lana Lang
  4. Horrible writing for years
  5. Dragged on for way too long
  6. Clark Kent was not and did not for the most part show leadership qualities.
  7. Should have put on the suit or flown a while ago
  8. When they finally showed Superman it was noting but a CGI Superman right down to Welling doing the shirt rip.
  9. Clark and Lois at the Planet before Perry
And you can go even further about the show if you want that's just a few of the reasons why it is viewed the way it is. HIMYM is nothing like that and shouldn't be compared to that show as far as the comments go and this is coming from a person who loved SV.

Agreed.

As much as I love Smallville, it can't be viewed as anything more than an alternate take on the mythos, and elseworld if you will, due to how it much it altered the characters, their relationships, and the way certain events happened in the comics.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 10-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #797
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Agreed.

As much as I love Smallville, it can't be viewed as anything more than an alternate take on the mythos, and elseworld if you will, due to how it much it altered the characters, their relationships, and the way certain events happened in the comics.
I think Smallville is an excellent show and was fun but I also get why it is viewed in the same light as Superman Returns (which I thought was an excellent movie as well). Which is not bad in the slightest because if you enjoyed the show or the movie then who cares what anyone else has to say about but don't act like it gets a bad rep for no reason.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #798
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Earth1 View Post
I think Smallville is an excellent show and was fun but I also get why it is viewed in the same light as Superman Returns (which I thought was an excellent movie as well). Which is not bad in the slightest because if you enjoyed the show or the movie then who cares what anyone else has to say about but don't act like it gets a bad rep for no reason.
The issue with Smallville was that it had a great concept, but it outgrew that concept, and instead of evolving with that, they kept trying to do the same thing when it no longer made sense.

The concept was really cool; Let's tell stories about Superman before he was Superman. That's interesting. But after around season 4 or 5ish, they started to move into territory that just didn't make a lot of sense when he still wasn't Superman! Doomsday? Working at the Planet? Meeting Louis? And tons of other things as well.

And again, with Milioti, we're only 6 episodes in people. She's been in two of them already, and we still have 18 episodes left. If she still hasn't show up again by episode 10 or 12, I would understand people grumbling, but at this point, I think it's wayyy too early to be getting angry about this. We're only 1/4th of the way through the season.

here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

Last edited by Infinity9999x; 10-24-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #799
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
The issue with Smallville was that it had a great concept, but it outgrew that concept, and instead of evolving with that, they kept trying to do the same thing when it no longer made sense.

The concept was really cool; Let's tell stories about Superman before he was Superman. That's interesting. But after around season 4 or 5ish, they started to move into territory that just didn't make a lot of sense when he still wasn't Superman! Doomsday? Working at the Bugle? Meeting Louis? And tons of other things as well.

And again, with Milioti, we're only 6 episodes in people. She's been in two of them already, and we still have 18 episodes left. If she still hasn't show up again by episode 10 or 12, I would understand people grumbling, but at this point, I think it's wayyy too early to be getting angry about this. We're only 1/4th of the way through the season.
Well that one really wouldn't make any sense.

And who is Louis? Louis Litt?

Old 10-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #800
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well that one really wouldn't make any sense.

And who is Louis? Louis Litt?
Haha, my bad. I was at the Spidey boards before I posted that. And the Lois typo...yeah, I got nothin on that one.

here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

Closed Thread