The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #701
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

The news about Spader as Ultron still means that the Avengers will probably face an army of Ultrons. Jocasta is unlikely and the Vision is a long shot, although not impossible.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #702
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Kingsley as Mandarin was great. Trevor was embarrassing. And Adrich "Syndrome" Killian was almost as bad. He might have been a formidable villain, but he only turned out that way because a drunk Tony left him on a roof. Really?
Kingsley as Mandarin was satire of comic book movie villains, the voice and the whole anarchy thing. Looking at you Bane and Joker.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #703
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Spader will do motion capture:

http://screenrant.com/the-avengers-2...otion-capture/

Old 10-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #704
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
Kingsley as Mandarin was satire of comic book movie villains, the voice and the whole anarchy thing. Looking at you Bane and Joker.
Not really.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #705
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Wrong topic, but

Twist the plot twist?
my body is so freakin ready.

#feelsgoodtobeafandarin

Old 10-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #706
Frico
Rollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Kevin Feige on Daredevil:
Not too surprising TBH. The rights reverted back to Marvel since April I think? So I don't expect to hear something like "Yes we're putting out a DD movie very soon!" Marvel obviously has a lot on their plate - I'm just glad they're looking on how to approach DD from all sides. "Enough material for a film." Damn right.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long though.

Clint Barton wasn't exposed to any extraordinary radiation. He has no X-gene, no mystical artifacts, and no bottomless bank account. He has just practiced, every single day.

"Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality." - Bruce Lee

Last edited by Frico; 10-22-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #707
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Fandarins *will* get a second chance to see a "true" Ben Kingsley Mandarin
Quote:
"And you will never see me coming."
That would be a hell of a thing.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #708
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
That would severely bum me out, that would feel like a cop out. Trevor was great let him be.
A cop out of what was already a cop out? Kingsley as Mandarin in the first half of the film was great. Let him be that.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Old 10-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #709
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad View Post
Not really.
Really.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 10-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #710
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

I saw him as a satire as well; I remember lots of people giving me a WTF look during his voiceovers in the trailers. I was kinda worried it was treading some very played-out villain territory till the movie. I guess that's why so many fans liked it

Old 10-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #711
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
He didn't create the "Iron Legion" to be proxies, though. He fully intended each suit of armor to be used to its intended purpose in any given situation --- i.e., if he needed to go into space for a mission, or go underwater, or be "invisible," etc. It was a desperation move to fire up the whole batch of them and have JARVIS r/c them into attacking the AIM base en masse.
If he didn't create them to be proxies, why would he have created the house party protocol, if he didn't intend to use it? If Tony didn't believe Iron Man proxies were a natural evolution of his tech, why did we find him at his house testing out a proxy Iron Man just so he could multitask?

Old 10-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #712
Dr. Evil
Bishop

It will be interesting to see if this film shoots somewhere else outside of London.

Also: I think Kingsley is involved in the next Marvel One Shot.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 10-22-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #713
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
He didn't create the "Iron Legion" to be proxies, though. He fully intended each suit of armor to be used to its intended purpose in any given situation --- i.e., if he needed to go into space for a mission, or go underwater, or be "invisible," etc. It was a desperation move to fire up the whole batch of them and have JARVIS r/c them into attacking the AIM base en masse.
He called the Mark 42 autonomous at the start of the movie

Old 10-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #714
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
It will be interesting to see if this film shoots somewhere else outside of London.

Also: I think Kingsley is involved in the next Marvel One Shot.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #715
Dr. Evil
Bishop

Hmmm....this website hints that Kingsley could be a part of Big Hero 6:

http://nerdreactor.com/2013/10/22/si...ecret-project/

Quote:
One can only assume that Kingsley will be back as The Mandarin Trevor Slattery in the next Marvel: One Shot for the Thor: The Dark World Blu-ray release, but there’s always the chance that there’s something else on tap for the venerable actor. Maybe the secret project he’s talking about is a cameo appearance in Captain America: The Winter Soldier or maybe even a role in Marvel’s upcoming animated film, Big Hero 6? Who knows but either way Kingsley is keen on working with the studio again. On speaking with Marvel as a whole, he has nothing but praise for the studio, saying “I think they have enormous taste as creative artists. There’s nothing lazy or gratuitous about their work. They are at the top of their game, and they’re great company to keep.”

Read more at http://nerdreactor.com/2013/10/22/si...Th2LOzxyL5r.99

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #716
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Kingsley as Mandarin was great. Trevor was embarrassing. And Adrich "Syndrome" Killian was almost as bad. He might have been a formidable villain, but he only turned out that way because a drunk Tony left him on a roof. Really?
no. he had hit rock bottom. he thought that Stark was his lifeline. he became a villain while crawling out of that "pit" of desperation. it mirrors Stark's escape from the desert.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #717
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep this movie flew way over people's heads if they still compare Killian to Syndrome.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #718
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Two entirely different characters .
That is a dissapointing comparison indeed.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #719
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hmmm....this website hints that Kingsley could be a part of Big Hero 6:

http://nerdreactor.com/2013/10/22/si...ecret-project/
If it turns out to be another project , there are still plenty of people who will say it is a cover for Kingsleys future reveal as The True Mandarin.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #720
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
no. he had hit rock bottom. he thought that Stark was his lifeline. he became a villain while crawling out of that "pit" of desperation. it mirrors Stark's escape from the desert.
It doesn't mirror it. For one, he picks the worst time possible to get Tony's attention. Instead of choosing to approach the biggest playboy in the world on a more normal day, he decides to approach him on the biggest night of the second millennium right before he is about to get laid. He literally gave himself the biggest handicap possible then he got all sad, mad, and surprised that he didn't get what he hoped to get.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #721
Ant-manic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
It doesn't mirror it. For one, he picks the worst time possible to get Tony's attention. Instead of choosing to approach the biggest playboy in the world on a more normal day, he decides to approach him on the biggest night of the second millennium right before he is about to get laid. He literally gave himself the biggest handicap possible then he got all sad, mad, and surprised that he didn't get what he hoped to get.
that's why he's the villain.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #722
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Yep this movie flew way over people's heads if they still compare Killian to Syndrome.
Not to mention the fact that they think Killian's motivation somehow stems from getting stood up by Tony at the '99 party.

Killian's motivation came *after* the party, and is almost entirely linked to Maya Hansen, *not* Tony Stark. Maya's Extremis project is what literally saved Killian's life and turned him around. *Everything* about Killian's life and motivation is about Extremis, *not* about getting snubbed at a party.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #723
Broseph44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not to mention the fact that they think Killian's motivation somehow stems from getting stood up by Tony at the '99 party.

Killian's motivation came *after* the party, and is almost entirely linked to Maya Hansen, *not* Tony Stark. Maya's Extremis project is what literally saved Killian's life and turned him around. *Everything* about Killian's life and motivation is about Extremis, *not* about getting snubbed at a party.
Bingo, some people really didn't understand this at all haha.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #724
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
The news about Spader as Ultron still means that the Avengers will probably face an army of Ultrons. Jocasta is unlikely and the Vision is a long shot, although not impossible.
Jocasta (in all her comic iterations IMO) is too goofy to be included in the movie. However, I would put Vision in the "just south of likely" neighbourhood.

If I were to make random unsubstantiated guesses, Ultron could take over, "upgrade" and build JARVIS a humanoid body as an F-you to Tony. I'm thinking Ultron, perverse sensibilities and all, would be delighted by the thought of Stark's (arguably) greatest creation destroying Stark and possibly the rest of the Avengers. A sentient JARVIS/Vision then overcomes Ultron's programming and... well, we all know the rest of that particular drill.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:09 AM   #725
Silvermoth
Avenger

Eh? I don't see how Jocasta is goofy but vision and Ultron aren't. Unless you're talking about the robosexual marriage of her and Pym. I suppose that's fair

Closed Thread