Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #976
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagone View Post
I see no compelling reason as to why Olga Kurylenko could be Wonder Woman. I'm not convinced.
I'm not saying I would cast her, I just think WB might do it. She's a familiar face to some audiences having been in movies like Quantum of Solace, Hitman, and Oblivion. Maybe even Ben Affleck might suggest it considering he worked with her in To the Wonder not that long ago.

I just think it is very unlikely that Debicki gets the role. She has struck me as best suited in a supporting role and I think the WB executives will see that as well.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #977
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

After that final scene in Gravity, I'm starting to consider Cuaron. He already got the relationship with WB as it is, and the way he framed certain shots he really made Bullock look powerful.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:22 AM   #978
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I take back all my doubts about Debicki's attractiveness.. Damn...

I can get behind it, as I was already convinced of her acting

Old 10-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #979
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamill-Joker View Post
I'm not saying I would cast her, I just think WB might do it. She's a familiar face to some audiences having been in movies like Quantum of Solace, Hitman, and Oblivion. Maybe even Ben Affleck might suggest it considering he worked with her in To the Wonder not that long ago.

I just think it is very unlikely that Debicki gets the role. She has struck me as best suited in a supporting role and I think the WB executives will see that as well.
ben's worked with arterton and hall too. if anything, those seem more likely suggestions then olga. olga, has even less of a shot at carrying a movie like this.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #980
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawl View Post
I think you could roid her and she still wouldnt come off as a credible WW. She doesnt have "it" for that role, pure and simple. There are alot of guys that can physically fill the role of Superman but only a handful that could actually "be" Superman.

This Debiniki girl just aint fitting the role, sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
The fancasting in here gets weirder and weirder. Im sorry but Ms. Debicki will NEVER be a lead actor in a major hollywood movie. She is freakishly tall and no one is going to bother trying to compensate for the fact that she literally towers over most of the leading men in hollywood. And that wouldnt even work because the poor girl is freaking STORK.

I have absolutely no inside info or esp and yet i can predict with 100% certainty that the woman they pick for a WW tentpole feature will be under 6 feet tall. Ill give 100 to 1 odds to anyone who wants to take my action on this.

Oh and my guess is shes actually a bit taller than 6 3. Lol she wishes she was only 6 3. Anyway, try harder guys. Something in the realm of possibility would be a nice change of pace.
I'm not convinced that she's right for the role either, at all. Facially she looks all wrong to me and it would require some amazing gym time and 'Hollywood' magic roids to turn her into anything even approaching the right kind of physical shape required [and even then I have my doubts that she could attain something befitting of WW shape]. Some people just really seem to be focusing on her height as being the thing that makes her such a 'special' choice for the role but, again, I find myself asking why WW simply must be so tall.
Over the years WW's height has ranged from between 5'11'' - 6', but as far as I can see, it's only Darwyn Cooke that's ever depicted her so tall [at about 2 inches taller than Supes, who is 6'3'', making her approx 6'5''] - now, to me that's just unneccesary. I mean, c'mon, are we trying to cast Wonder Woman here, or Big Barda?

Old 10-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #981
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I take back all my doubts about Debicki's attractiveness.. Damn...

I can get behind it, as I was already convinced of her acting
glad i could help.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #982
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
I'm not convinced that she's right for the role either, at all. Facially she looks all wrong to me and some people just really seem to be focusing on her height as being the thing that makes her such a 'special' choice for the role but, again, I find myself asking why WW simply must be so tall.

Over the years WW's height has ranged from between 5'11'' - 6', but as far as I can see, it's only Darwyn Cooke that's ever depicted her so tall [at about 2 inches taller than Supes, who is 6'3'', making her approx 6'5''] - now, to me that's just unneccesary. I mean, c'mon, are we trying to cast Wonder Woman here, or Big Barda?
what's wrong with her face?

Old 10-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #983
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Looks rather 'Eastern European' to me, personally [and I've seen posters reject the idea of Olga K in the past, for this reason]. EDIT: I've just realised who she reminds me of - Ursula Ditkovich from Spider-Man 2 and 3 - anyone think the actress playing her woudl be good for WW. No? Didnt think so.....

And while we're at it - look at the length of neck; it's like a swan. My opinion is that she's just entirely unsuitable. I realise that you think different, adn I respect that, but thats my view.

Last edited by Brian Braddock; 10-23-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #984
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Her biggest drawback is that height seems to be her only real thing she has in her favor and that is something WW perspective actresses don't even have to have .

:o
Old 10-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #985
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Looks rather 'Eastern European' to me, personally [and I've seen posters reject the idea of Olga K in the past, for this reason]. EDIT: I've just realised who she reminds me of - Ursula Ditkovich from Spider-Man 2 and 3 - anyone think the actress playing her woudl be good for WW. No? Didnt think so.....

And while we're at it - look at the length of neck; it's like a swan. My opinion is that she's just entirely unsuitable. I realise that you think different, adn I respect that, but thats my view.
what does eastern european mean? not tan enough? you know they have spray tans for that right?

there's nothing wrong with her face, so we'll talk about her neck now?

Last edited by ЯɘvlveR; 10-23-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #986
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Her biggest drawback is that height seems to be her only real thing she has in her favor and that is something WW perspective actresses don't even have to have .
it isn't just that she's tall. she's an unknown (which seems to be fine when it comes to choosing certain male actors for certain roles, apparently, not for ww) she seems very talented, and she's young enough that they could lock her in for the long haul. some of us aren't just fixated on the one thing. that's a problem some of you are having. i look at the entire package.

Last edited by ЯɘvlveR; 10-23-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #987
Rodrigo90
Humor is so tasteless

Her nose is too big. She couldn't possibly be Wonder Woman

Old 10-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #988
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

So what is this I keep hearing about being in Superman/Batman?

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 10-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #989
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
So what is this I keep hearing about being in Superman/Batman?
just rumors.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #990
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

One thing is for sure is that Debicki would be the perfect actress to play Maria Sharapova in a movie.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #991
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

Quote:
just rumors.
Thanks

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 10-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #992
teagone
Countryside General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamill-Joker View Post

Kurylenko was in supporting roles for all those films you listed as well. Cavill might suggest Debicki for WW after working with her on The Man from UNCLE. I'm not saying WB will most definitely cast Debicki either (I'm just making a case as to why they should), but I don't know if they'd even consider Olga for the Wonder Woman shortlist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
[edit]
Not just her height. She received high praise for her work in Baz's Gatsby, and has been lauded as a stage actress. She's young, stunning, and talented, has starred in two WB films (someone at WB has to have their eye on her), and has a dancing background which is a bonus for fight choreography. She also grew up a die-hard Captain Planet fan ().

Last edited by teagone; 10-23-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:51 PM   #993
teagone
Countryside General

Quote:
Some people just really seem to be focusing on her height as being the thing that makes her such a 'special' choice for the role but, again, I find myself asking why WW simply must be so tall.
http://moviepilot.com/stories/109433...s-wonder-woman

Those of us pining for Debicki as WW bring up her height often because she has a lot of qualities that could make for a good Wonder Woman, like most other actresses. The difference is she's tall. Her height is really a huge, huge bonus. I don't think Wonder Woman should look puny next to Henry Cavill or Ben Affleck, imo. Those two are going to be huge, and if you shove a Kate Beckinsale next to them (even after she put the time in the gym), she'll still look small, despite whatever camera tricks you can come up with.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #994
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

Anyone who thinks it's okay to have a hobbit play WW and for her to be 5-6 shorter than the other members of the trinity are obviously not fans of WW and the whole ethos of what it is to be an Amazon. These are no ordinary women. They are legendary. Height is important. No amount of camera trickery can work. If you look at some examples of camera work in The LoTR and Hobbit you can plainly see that it is far from perfect ant those movies will a bigger budget.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #995
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

Quote:
what's wrong with her face?
Personally I think that woman is beautiful. With some work in the the gym she can easily acheve the required body mass just like other actors who have been required to tone up.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #996
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

^ But I don't think that photo above fully shows off her beauty. I think you can see it more in that video ЯɘvlveR posted where she looks absolutely stunning. Most people aren't done justice by just by a single photo or still. They tend to look better in moving film where you get a better sense of them, so it's always good to watch footage where possible.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #997
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

I think Debicki is beautiful, but not the right kind of beautiful for the role in my opinion. She is more classically beautiful, whereas I think Diana should have more of a foreign/exotic beauty.

And I don't think posting pictures of her time after time is going to help promote the idea of her getting the role.

As I said before, if there are any pictures that help me warm up to the idea of her playing Diana, it is the pictures of her in Gatsby. At least in those pictures she looks like she has an edge to her.

Like this:

Old 10-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #998
Rorschach2012
$

The hair is way too distracting for that picture to support your point .

But yeah her face looks pretty WW like there

Old 10-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #999
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Basically WW should look hot but not soft, if you know what I mean. She has to look like she can take a punch. Lucy Lawless really had that as Xena. You felt like you could, for lack of a better term, lay into her and she'd just stand there and not flinch.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #1000
TheComicbookKid
Coulda Woulda Shoulda

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Basically WW should look hot but not soft, if you know what I mean. She has to look like she can take a punch. Lucy Lawless really had that as Xena. You felt like you could, for lack of a better term, lay into her and she'd just stand there and not flinch.
Is that the only way to show strength?

Elisabeth Salander is weak physically, but she's the best at what she does. In doing so she came across as strong.

Comics are a visual medium completely. I wouldn't mind if a live action version was some kind of calculating tactician. Like the scene in Downey's Sherlock where we hear how he's going to break and disable the other fighter.