The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 10-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #326
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Default Re: Once Upon A Time In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I say Once at 7. Since before Once is a repeat of the previous Once. Then Wonderland at 8. Or switch it around. Which way does not really matter & let Revenge go at it against The Walking Dead at 9
Don't know where you live, but they don't show repeats of the previous week's ep at 7 here. Usually it's America's Funniest Home Videos, or a news program of some kind. The only time most primetime networks shows get repeats these days are to be filler for a recently cancelled show.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #327
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I think this show is done in the next few weeks! And there's something missing about this show. I just don't feel attached to watch the show unlike I am with OUAT.
Agreed. From my perspective I think it comes down to the lack of 'family' which brings heart to Once. Or it could possibly be my orphan bias lol (serious dig anything to do with orphans and adoptees (since I am one)); gives me something relatable that I can really connect with.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #328
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
Don't know where you live, but they don't show repeats of the previous week's ep at 7 here. Usually it's America's Funniest Home Videos, or a news program of some kind. The only time most primetime networks shows get repeats these days are to be filler for a recently cancelled show.
I am in Florida & its Once repeats for me before Once

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #329
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
i think a hiatus now would be a nail in the coffin... if betrayl is getting canned.. just push revenge back an hour, and put wonderland after once.
There is no saving the show since I doubt ratings will go up 4mill so moving it to Onces hiatus time slot wouldn't hurt it.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #330
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Zod... Can't these networks just try and let a show simmer for a bit before bringing the axe down? I just want to see the end of Alice's quest and I want the Knave and Jafar on OUAT proper. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK HOUSE OF MOUSE?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #331
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

According to Michael Ausiello, ABC said they have no intention of bringing the hammer down on Betrayal, and that's doing worse numbers than this is. So, who knows? They may very well let the 13 episodes play out.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #332
Maximus One
Oddball

Have they at least filmed all 13 episodes??

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #333
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
Have they at least filmed all 13 episodes??
I don't know whether or not they've already filmed all of the episodes that ABC ordered (which, BTW, is 'more than 13 but less than 22', as we learned earlier in the year), but I can't see it being profitable for ABC to renege on the deal they made for the production of said episodes, which means we'll more than likely see all of them at some point regardless of ratings, even though, as of now, the show is only slated to air until December.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #334
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I am in Florida & its Once repeats for me before Once
It must be a local thing for you then, because I've lived in a couple different areas, and that's never been something I've seen.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #335
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I'm debating if I want to watch the second episode...this love story crap is soooo cheesy

Old 10-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #336
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
According to Michael Ausiello, ABC said they have no intention of bringing the hammer down on Betrayal, and that's doing worse numbers than this is. So, who knows? They may very well let the 13 episodes play out.
But this show is much more expensive than Betrayal.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #337
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I'm debating if I want to watch the second episode...this love story crap is soooo cheesy
Im thinking that is one of the reasons why the ratings aren't so great. They spent so much time advertising this love story instead of an epic quest back into Wonderland. Totally different from how they advertised Once.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #338
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

http://tvline.com/2013/10/21/zuleikh...-dead-ratings/
Quote:
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland will reunite Lost frenemies Sayid and Ilana when Zuleikha Robinson guest-stars on the ABC drama.

Robinson, who during Lost Season 5 came onto and then cold-cocked/captured Naveen Andrews’ alter ego, will appear in the Jafar-centric Nov. 7 episode as Amara, a powerful sorceress from Agrabah. Teases series cocreator Adam Horowitz, “Jafar had to learn magic from someone….”

Robinson’s other aprés-Lost roles include Homeland, Covert Affairs and The Mentalist.
Oh hells yeah.

And yeah, I agree that they went too romance-heavy with promoting the series, and too light on Wonderland adventures.

H.E.(R?)
Old 10-22-2013, 01:02 AM   #339
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
http://tvline.com/2013/10/21/zuleikh...-dead-ratings/

Oh hells yeah.

And yeah, I agree that they went too romance-heavy with promoting the series, and too light on Wonderland adventures.

They also should have featured some of the stalwart OUAT proper characters in the first 2 episodes or so and made them integral to the plot in some way. Seeing Grumpy and Cindy in glorified cameos for under a minute does not count. Would have been nice to see Alice and the Knave in Storybrooke for a little bit before embarking to WL. As it stands, many OUAT fans though to themselves "Oh. It's a standalone? Well that frees up another hour on my DVR."

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:29 AM   #340
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

It sort of feels like a half measure all around. It's not really a spinoff, in that they're not taking a previously established character from OUAT and giving them their own series. Even just one episode featuring Alice and her world as a sort of planted pilot/backdoor pilot, anything. In a way, it was sort of standalone enough, they shouldn't have pushed too hard with establishing ties with Once and potentially scaring away those not familiar with the series. I wonder how it would've done if it was just titled Wonderland or Alice. It's like it's both too disconnected from the main series for established fans to be interested, yet also too connected for non-fans to feel like they'd be able to keep up.

And also the ultra-****ty timeslot, of course.

H.E.(R?)
Old 10-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #341
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

It does feel like they took the OUAT concept and rehashed it, only in a not as interesting way and then threw it out there expecting it to perform better.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #342
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I still love the show, and it's got a much better pacing them OUAT imo... I mean.. we're what 4 episodes into this season of OUAT and not a heck of alot has happened. Once moves pretty slow, I think Wonderland is different enough. My only real problem with Wonderland (other than the time slot) is that Wonderland isn't that "Wonderous" it's a world that should be full of bizzare stuff and way more CGI than they can afford.

The Dandy-Lion in this last episode was pitiful... really? a lion shaped shrub with some flowers in it? Versus.. a giant flower that looks like a lion?

That being said, the CGI is just about as good and bad as ONCE's, Sunday's episode of ONCE with Rumple in the village was just god awful. That town's square looked like a poorly rendered video game.. you could completely tell the town was just a box with the sides and floor matt painted.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #343
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

I find it funny that some posters are saying that the show should be able to stand on its own merits as if it somehow doesn't when the exact opposite is true and it DOES stand on its own.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
Old 10-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #344
Destructus86
Side-Kick

So..has the love story been lightening up a bit? Seriously...the pilot was like some teen romance novel...

Old 10-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #345
WickedMcKey
Newbie First Class

Quote:
So..has the love story been lightening up a bit? Seriously...the pilot was like some teen romance novel...
The teen romance continues... Having to listen so things like "You don't understand. What Cyrus and I had was SPECIAL" ... Ugh. I'm just not a romance fan and this is killing me.

Will continue watching it for Jafar though.

WickedMcKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #346
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's what the show IS, so expecting it to change is like expecting The Voice to suddenly be Glee.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #347
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

yeah, the romance part really doesn't bother me too much, i find the Snow/Charming romance almost gag worthy though... The Alice/Genie one just seems more thought out than "we're in love just because" aspect that Snow and Charming seem to have a bit of

Wonderland doesn't appear as "Unicorns and Lollipops" imo

[=]
Old 10-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #348
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

http://tvline.com/2013/10/23/once-up...rg-mrs-rabbit/
Quote:
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland Exclusive: Whoopi Goldberg Cast as [Spoiler]'s Wife

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland fans will soon be privy to the view from the White Rabbit’s missus, when Whoopi Goldberg brings the OCD bunny’s wife to life.

TVLIne has learned exclusively that the comedienne/actress/talk show cohost will guest-voice Mrs. Rabbit in the freshman ABC drama’s eighth episode, in both the current storyline and a flashback to the furry-footed fella’s past.

Series regular John Lithgow (Third Rock from the Sun) voices the White Rabbit, while Wonderland’s other voice cast includes rocker Iggy Pop (as the hookah-smoking caterpillar) and The Cape’s Keith David (as Cheshire Cat).

Goldberg’s previous voice work includes the Disney products The Lion King (as the hyena Shenzi) and Toy Story 3 (the rubbery octopus Stretch), and Captain Planet and the Planeteers (Gaia).

Wonderland airs Thursdays at 8/7c.
Please still be airing until that point, Wonderland...

H.E.(R?)
Old 10-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #349
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

that is awesome

[=]
Old 10-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #350
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
http://tvline.com/2013/10/23/once-up...rg-mrs-rabbit/

Please still be airing until that point, Wonderland...
They wouldn't be making this announcement if the show were in any imminent danger of being yanked from the air.

Quote:
Quote: