The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #951
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Right now I don't have much faith in Snyder. The third act of MOS was noisy as hell.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 10-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #952
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Or it will probably just suck overall. Best case scenario, I don't even think it'll be on MOS' level.

1) Goyer is writing by himself again. They still haven't learned that Goyer should not be let solo on a script.
2) Scratch that. They did learn that. And who did they got to co-write with Goyer? Snyder. Meaning the script will have just as many problems as MOS or more. Snyder is a great director but he's not that good of a writer.
3) They're asking Frank Miller for input. No person should ask Frank Miller for input on a Batman/Superman story after 2000.
4) Despite MOS' flaws, you can tell Goyer and Snyder at least put heart into it and had a large amount of time to work on it. On the other hand, Batman/Superman is a premature film that's being rushed out way too early against Snyder and Goyer's wishes with not enough time given for them to work on the story. 2 years is not enough time for Goyer and Snyder to come up with something great. Not exactly the worst time for some more talented writers, but such talented writers are not involved in this. We are getting only Goyer and Snyder as the writers.
5) Not even a bit of input from Nolan himself like in MOS due to Nolan leaving the project.

The only positives?
1) Maybe Snyder asked Bruce Timm for input while working with him on that Superman short film they did.
2) Maybe Affleck will have some story input.
Both are entirely speculations and have not been confirmed, whereas everything else I listed above has been confirmed.

I still don't buy it for multiple reasons.

1) An early report was released prior to MOS' release which stated that Snyder and Goyer signed on for 3 DC projects (in this order) - MOS, MOS 2, and JL. Some people would argue that this is MOS 2 it seems like a WF film as opposed to a Superman film with Batman in it. The title even looks like it will be "Batman vs. Superman". Hardly seems like "Superman guest starring Batman" to me.

2) Snyder made a comment that alluded to WB forcing this on him. He said something among the lines of "Not what I would do personally but I have to do what WB thinks is best". I'll try to look for the video he stated that in. Someone on this site even made a whole thread about it when it was released.

3) It doesn't seem like a natural progression. MOS was more of a setup film. It only introduced Superman and the supporting characters, barely gave the supporting characters much to do, and ended with Clark only joining the DP right at the end. Superman doesn't even have an established status quo yet. There is nothing established about Metropolis or the city/world's reaction to Superman. How is him meeting Batman first thing before he even meets Lex Luthor a natural progression?
I rather see this movie than Justice League or some Superman movie that only features Lex Luthor and some villain like Metallo. I was worried about that in the first place, that they would do something generic. At least BvS is fresh and has never been done before. At the end of the day, that's all I ask, that the studio takes risk and gives us movies that haven't happened.

The 3 film deal probably just meant MOS 2 as in the sequel to Man Of Steel, which no matter what kind of movie it is, it IS the sequel to MOS. It's not a solo film but it's also not a team up movie. It's a nice compromise. It's a versus movie which even Marvel has yet to do. JLA would feel too soon and like theyre copying Avengers. While another Superman movie would not be a good idea since the origin had a mixed critical response (even more than that) and the box-office was very good but still not what WB expected. So trying again doesn't sound like a good business plan, especially with characters like Luthor who has been regurgitated over and over again.

I don't completely trust Goyer by himself or Snyder, I never will. They could **** this up bad or do it solid or make it amazing. It's unpredictable right now.

Brolin going up against Cavill would be bad. There are no "right" actors in their early 30s right now that have what it takes to go up against Cavill. Theyre either not good as actors or they don't look like Bruce. Affleck isn't the greatest actor but he's solid nowadays, especially for this role, just like Cavill is good for Superman but elsewhere he's nothing special. Affleck is older than Henry but always looks a few years younger than his actual age. I always like seeing Batman at least a few years older.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #953
GremlinZilla89
Mogwai Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Right now I don't have much faith in Snyder. The third act of MOS was noisy as hell.
A superman movie...noisy!? Say it ain't so!!!!

Old 10-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #954
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinZilla89 View Post
A superman movie...noisy!? Say it ain't so!!!!
Sure it will be noisy, but it didn't have to look and sound like Micheal Bay directed it.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 10-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #955
shauner111
Side-Kick

I will admit, I enjoyed the ending of MOS, the fights were awesome and yes they were overdone. I especially loved that massive punch (with the score behind it) that Superman nails Zod with, which sends him flying through the air. But it reminded me of a Michael Bay all out CG/action-fight fest of destruction. And it lasted a LONG time.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #956
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I knew there was a balance issue when even my most "meat head" friend (who usually slobbers over huge action sequences and wants as much of it as possible) said after we saw MoS, "It was actually too much action." First time I've ever heard him say that.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 10-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #957
shauner111
Side-Kick

Wow, I guess that tells it all.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #958
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

The MOS fights was straight up live action anime. I loved it personally.

Dream come true for me at least.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 10-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #959
HighFivingMF
Welp.

"Superman Returns was lame! What do I have to do to see him hit something!"

"Man of Steel was lame! There was too much hitting!"

Old 10-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #960
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Back to Batman....my hubs was watching the Apple announcement today and they showed something from the Nolan Batfilms while demoing (He doesn't know them well enough to say which one.)

The speaker from Apple on stage then proceeded to refer to it as "The Black Knight" and there were absolute crickets in the audience.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #961
Graphix Monster
Newbie First Class

is it ok.... to post this here?
Here is my latest creation.. and 'Mark II' in Bane Masks. I have had people say its the best they have seen. I am just wanting to display fit here on theRPF.

"Perhaps the most accurate Replica Bane Mask as of yet not recast from the Warner Bros Replica. Months of research and hunting for correct fabics, photos for reference, and tedious sculpting. Everything hand sculpted except for top ridge 'loom' pipes, they were 3d printed from a model i designed. Real fabric on top of mask as well as military fabric an back corner pieces that look like fishnet... but are not! All pipes are solid, not rubber. Screen accurate color. Thank you for the encouragement everyone! Now lets get you a mask!Here it its..."

then here is me wearing my mask

its a general discussion thread, Bane costume thread is too old.
what do you guys think?

Old 10-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #962
georgec
Not a hero

Awesome!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #963
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Back to Batman....my hubs was watching the Apple announcement today and they showed something from the Nolan Batfilms while demoing (He doesn't know them well enough to say which one.)

The speaker from Apple on stage then proceeded to refer to it as "The Black Knight" and there were absolute crickets in the audience.
Martin Lawrence did a great job as the caped crusader.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 10-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #964
JackWhite
Third Man

That Bane mask replica is awesome. It does look extremely uncomfortable though, lol. I still can't believe Hardy actually got use to wearing it.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #965
titansupes
Side-Kick

@ Shikamaru - I can't remember where, but it was confirmed that Snyder and WB were looking for a new Batman while MoS was still in post. So no, not a few weeks before Comic-Con.

- The Frank Miller thing was a rumour, nothing came of it.

- The comments Snyder made about 'what WB thinks is best' were thought, since day one, to be fake. No filmmaker in his position would say that, there was no video, there was no source, it remained unsubstantiated.

I agree with some of the other stuff (I'm sure WB did force this on them, but maybe as more of a compromise aka WB wanted JLA, Snyder and Goyer wanted MoS2, they settled on BvS). And it happened well before SDCC.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #966
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

I would definitely try and wear that bane mask as underwear if i had it.....

Just saying.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 10-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #967
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I'd buy that Bane mask

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #968
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
I would definitely try and wear that bane mask as underwear if i had it.....

Just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
I'd buy that Bane mask
Reading these two comments together... Heh.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #969
Graphix Monster
Newbie First Class

thanks! and ya that would be some strange bulge creating underwear haha. Anyone ever seen Dune? the underwear idea reminds me of there hydration vests lol

Old 10-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #970
Graphix Monster
Newbie First Class

what do you think of the mask compared to Radmaul's mask? just curious?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #971
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Haven't seen his, but I like that the most of all of them that i've seen. You wouldn't be making / selling them, would you?

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #972
Travesty
TEOL

It looks pretty authentic to me. MUCH better than those Halloween masks. Great job.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #973
Graphix Monster
Newbie First Class

Ya i happen to be selling them, im just discussing them here, but ya if you found me on facebook, Graphix Monster you can look at progress shots etc and mssg me there if you ever had the desire for one. I posted my first mask on the bane costume thread and now i have another version hoping to trump the others.. but staying on top is always a battle so i will keep trying to refine it till im best or to stay the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Haven't seen his, but I like that the most of all of them that i've seen. You wouldn't be making / selling them, would you?

Old 10-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #974
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Some guy on imgur posted his costume for Halloween...

http://imgur.com/gallery/O54eTJH

Old 10-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #975
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

^ That is AMAZING lol.

- The Joker
Closed Thread