Side-Kick

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
It's up now!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

ROTJ teaser
Yes! I had to call in a favor to get things back on schedule

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 10-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #177
Raven X
Sting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
Yes! I had to call in a favor to get things back on schedule

Only YOU can prevent Force fires.

Disney Lover!!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #178
xDumpweed182x
Forever-a-Newbie

So now, I feel it's all but certainty that we'll get news next week.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #179
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

The circle is now complete. Now we wait...

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 10-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #180
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

It's going to be sweet.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 10-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #181
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

I'm excited, but still cautious about it. I think we will get news next week, but the question is will we get this Luke Announcement trailer that has been talked about?

Pros:

-Ali Arkin a day before the ANH teaser was released reported he heard something about a Luke Announcement trailer. Ali has been reliable in the past, even during the PT days he gave good scoops.

-SW.com releasing the three first teasers for Episode IV-VI, which the exact week after falls on October 30th, the one year anniversary of the announcement of Episode VII-IX and the buying of LFL by Disney. Seems a little too coincidental I will admit.

-Disney's earning's call is on the 7th of November. So I have a feeling having some big news about their new big franchise may be in order, prior to that. To make investors feel even more happy about that massive purchase.

-JJ has released teasers prior to filming in the past. Super 8 had a teaser trailer in May of 2010 and they did not start filming until September of that year. Also ST09 had a teaser released in the early parts of filming for ST09. So he's made teasers of this sort in the past.

Cons:

-An LFL employee did tweet we may be looking too much into it, but then hinted maybe there is something else, in another place. So it's hard to tell what he was getting to.

-Really LFL has not made any announcements on this, and it could be coincidental.

So to sum it up we may get something but it may just be a video of Mark talking about returning like JJ and Williams did. But here's hoping for a cool teaser.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #182
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

So what if next week, they give us the teaser for TPM?

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 10-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #183
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
So what if next week, they give us the teaser for TPM?
Someone made a good point that the trailers for TPM, AOTC, and ROTS are already on their YouTube channel. These were not.

That and Disney I think is trying to distance marketing wise away from the PT. And mainly VII-IX will have more direct connection to IV-VI.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #184
sueb1863
Side-Kick

Boy, have movie trailers changed!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #185
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Sometimes TFN gives me such headaches, it reminds me why I love the Hype so much. And this has nothing to do with PT vs OT stuff. There are people over there....where all you can say is...."wow..."

Old 10-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #186
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Someone was saying that the new Star Wars Insider has interviews with Carrie,Mark, and Harrison and comes out on stands November 5th. So that may incline more that there will be an announcement prior. Looking for more info on that.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #187
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Sometimes TFN gives me such headaches, it reminds me why I love the Hype so much. And this has nothing to do with PT vs OT stuff. There are people over there....where all you can say is...."wow..."
I used to post and browse the TFN forums in the early 2000s but gradually faded after ROTS came out. I don't particularly remember anything bad about the forums from that time - is it just an overall atmosphere or something more specific? I'm just curious... I see comments about TFN pop up every now and then on other message boards, but I haven't revisited to see for myself.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #188
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
I used to post and browse the TFN forums in the early 2000s but gradually faded after ROTS came out. I don't particularly remember anything bad about the forums from that time - is it just an overall atmosphere or something more specific? I'm just curious... I see comments about TFN pop up every now and then on other message boards, but I haven't revisited to see for myself.
Well I'm a long time person from there but did disappear for a while. It's structure and some of the noobs are the big problem. The mods focus on all the wrong things. There was a few fights where a person was flat out calling me and others "stupid" not half way, but just outright. Here on the Hype they would have been infracted and probably banned for that kind of behavior that is very normal over there. But the mods usually just ignore it and say "Stop it guys". I will admit (regardless of how one feels) they are much more biased towards the PT defenders and let them get away with things like calling people "stupid, or insane etc".

The mods also really don't take advice well, many were wanting a thread just like the one we are talking in here, a kinda General News thread. I suggested it to them, and said it works wonders on the Hype, and is a great thread to have. And they all thought it was stupid and no one stays on any form of topic over there at all. The other day people were talking about global warming on the Casting Rumors thread.

I admit the Hype can go off topic but over there is just no structure. But let me tell you, if you double post accidentally....the mods will get on you about that....but that's about the extent of their modding lol. Here the mods take it more seriously and act quickly. There you may not get a reply for days.

With the people it really has nothing to do with the PT vs OT stuff. It's just now 99% of them over there are noobs, people that came in for Episode VII which is fine. But since the mods don't do too much it does not weed out the real weird ones.

But more so here on the Hype there is so many more "experienced" posters it seems. More people that have been through dozens of "hypes" of dozens of movies on these very forums. And we seem to know the drills a little bit better than over there. So to put it another way, it's worse than the Batboards/Spideyboards over there lol.

One guy was arguing with me today saying "LITERALLY" that SW Episode VII needs no marketing at all. No trailers, TV spots, Posters, NOTHING. And he still thinks it would make 2 billion dollars. When I tried to explain no matter how big your brand, like Coke, Apple, Star Wars you need marketing, the GA is not as aware as we are, and they like to be informed in today's modern world. So many distractions and competition especially for blockbusters you need information.

He was trying to tell me LFL is stupid for spending money on marketing, and they will do it but they "don't have to'. Which I tried to explain to him there was a reason why GL and LFL spent 100's of millions of dollars on the PT for marketing. George is very tight about money always has been...and if he did not have to spend money on marketing he would not have done it. But they have to even with big brands. Coke/Apple spends billions of dollars on marketing for that reason alone, and they are two of the biggest franchises in the entire world, strong brands. But anyways he just kept saying they don't need marketing. And I was saying...that's just not true. They would make a 1/3 of what they could make if they do "NO" marketing.

But oh well lol.

BTW here is that link to the next SW insider looks like we may be getting something big soon.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/20...uncements.html

Old 10-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #189
titansupes
Side-Kick

I've been lurking there on and off over the years, more since the trailers started. Seems okay to me, kind of messy, but I'm not too familiar with it all... The only place I loathe reading the comments on is CBM. Just dreadful.

I really should sign up on TFN, assuming they've fixed the problem they were having with that?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #190
Raven X
Sting!!!

please cast Ksenia.......please cast Ksenia.......please cast Ksenia........

Disney Lover!!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #191
EmmaRose
Side-Kick

I go on TheForce.net often and once you get past the non-stop "Is the EU canon" wars, insistance on Plagueis being the ST villain (and also somehow the mastermind behind every single event in the PT and OT) and PT vs OT debates it can be a fun place.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #192
georgec
Not a hero

Sounds like a fun place!

I do remember that around the time of ROTS people were saying the prequels were better than the OT and such. I got the impression that a large contingent of the posters were younger people who came into SW through the prequels, so that was their thing. I don't have anything against people who love the prequels, but now that you mentioned it I think I lost interest because the discussions just started to lack in any kind of logic or reason. It was very fanboyish and over-the-top.

It's all coming back now!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #193
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

It can be a fun place when there is news flowing, but the Hype is much better. TFN does have news flow through it quicker though, and that is the main reason I still go over there.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #194
EmmaRose
Side-Kick

I find it both funny and sad to see them go insane from lack of news. Then again...we all go insane when we dont get any interesting news.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #195
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Ya but there is levels of insanity lol.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #196
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

All heck is going to break loose over there if nothing happens on the 30th. lol

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 10-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #197
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
All heck is going to break loose over there if nothing happens on the 30th. lol
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #198
EmmaRose
Side-Kick

People there *me included* have kinda gotten used to disappointment. Ever since D23 and May the 4th well....things have not been the same. Lets just pray we get some news soon....and news that doesn't cause fan rage or the ever annoying "Is that source trustable" rants.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #199
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaRose View Post
People there *me included* have kinda gotten used to disappointment. Ever since D23 and May the 4th well....things have not been the same. Lets just pray we get some news soon....and news that doesn't cause fan rage or the ever annoying "Is that source trustable" rants.
Ah we are used to it over here. It's because people build it up too much in their own mind then get mad at the company. Seen it a million times here and will another million lol.

Who are you over there?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #200
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

So...we should expect something on the 30th?