The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Which was the better movie?
Man of Steel by a mile 352 80.00%
Man of Steel....barely 39 8.86%
both equal in my eyes 15 3.41%
Superman Returns ...barely 23 5.23%
Superman Returns by a mile 11 2.50%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #11
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: OK...its time.....Man of Steel vs Superman Returns - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
I heard from one person that they saw SR and MOS were on opposite ends of the spectrum: SR was substance over style, and MOS was style over substance. While I agree with that statement, I don't think MOS suffers from it compared to SR. MOS was fun and I wanted to see it more, and want to know what will happen next (moreso, because of Justice League), whereas with SR I got bored after viewing it for the second time; I only knew one way to go with SR2, but over time I didn't care anymore.

That statement; I want to happen concerning MOS2.

Routh is doing Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Ah right, I still think there is a good comic-book movie role out there for him though, the guy is huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
i think that statement is totally bogus. how could you agree with it???
to me, SR's style is as prominent as MOS; however, SR is lack of substance, (the main event evolved around lois and lex only) while MOS is full of substance (telling the 2 fathers' hope on their son, the krypton, general Zod's perspective, clark's life fr baby, kid, teenage to adult, and lois's story)

really, what subtance you are talking about???
SR had plenty of substance which it explored through it main theme, which is spelt out on the scrabble board at the start of the movie 'alienation.' Superman has never felt quite at home on earth, despite his love for humanity, hence why he goes back to Krypton. The alienation them is spoken by Superman and live by Superman throughout, for example, lines like "That place was a graveyard, and i'm all thats left." Him overhearing Lois saying she never loved him, seeing the article "Why the world doesnt need Superman," the reciting of Jor-El's speech, particulatly Kal-El's face when he says "Even though you have ben raised as a human being, you are not one of them....." and so on and so forth. The biggest one being Lex turning a remnant of his homeworld, long lost and completely destroyed along with his people, into a "sick joke." Thats what I like about the movie, Superman goes through a lot of hardships in SR but they are emotional rather than physical, in a way he is being tortured throughout the movie, with saving people his only happy moments.

Then of course to find out at the end that there IS someone like him in the universe, and its his own is very uplifting in the movie. Hence why Kal-El relaying Jor-El's speech to Jason was highly emotional, and Superman was genuinely happy at the end of the movie when he wasnt for most it, he's not alone anymore.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3

Last edited by AVEITWITHJAMON; 10-24-2013 at 12:14 AM.
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote