Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #76
Figs
Side-Kick

Default Re: Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
"Hiddleston is once again phenomenal as Loki and his turn here is possibly even better than last year's**The Avengers**while Hemsworth gets better and better with each cinematic performance he makes.**Thor: The Dark World**might not be the acting tour-de-force he gave us in**Rush*, but he never lets Hiddleston or anyone else steal the spot light from him with a commanding performance that perfectly treads the line of brilliance of Hiddleston and the scenery chewing of Hopkins."

This is for Figs who worried about Thor being outlined by Loki, it pretty much proves that people who say that just prefer Loki's character.
Right on! I fixed your comment for you.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #77
Coolcat3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do you think the fight with Kurse is going to be looked at in the same light as the Destroyer fight?

Lol yeah like the same week they're released.

Is Algrim's transformation to Kurse shown in the film?

Old 10-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #78
PokeJ
Side-Kick

Got a chance to see this movie last night. Somewhat disappointed with it. Thought it was a very meh movie with not much substance given to it . I'm sure I'll get bashed like crazy, but I just didn't like it as much as some of the other MCU films. I'll post more later today, when I'm off work.

I give it a C.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #79
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolcat3 View Post
Is Algrim's transformation to Kurse shown in the film?
I hope they do, I mean from what I see in the kids books they make it sound like the two are entirely different people.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #80
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
Got a chance to see this movie last night. Somewhat disappointed with it. Thought it was a very meh movie with not much substance given to it . I'm sure I'll get bashed like crazy, but I just didn't like it as much as some of the other MCU films. I'll post more later today, when I'm off work.

I give it a C.
Nope you won't get bashed. It's your opinion.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #81
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:

I give it a C.
Thanks for the review, looking forward to hearing more from you. And you may get bashed by some, but just ignore them, most people here will value your feedback on the movie whether good or bad.

EDIT: Later when you add more could you put what your ratings were for the other MCU movies so far, just want to know were TDW falls for you.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #82
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:

I give it a C.
What you might get bashed for is not having logical explanations for why you were so underwhelmed.

There happens to be a lot of trolling in these threads when movies come out .... so when we see you have bonafied, well thought out reasons for why you came to your conclusions, then it legitimizes your opinion.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 10-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #83
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
What you might get bashed for is not having logical explanations for why you were so underwhelmed.

There happens to be a lot of trolling in these threads when movies come out .... so when we see you have bonafied, well thought out reasons for why you came to your conclusions, then it legitimizes your opinion.
I agree. More to the effect that if he doesn't expand on why he thought it was bad, then it's just trolling. If you didn't like a certain movie, you wouldn't go specifically to the thread where the fans are located just to tell them you didn't like it. The only intent of that is to piss people off.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #84
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicpinchy View Post
i agree. More to the effect that if he doesn't expand on why he thought it was bad, then it's just trolling. If you didn't like a certain movie, you wouldn't go specifically to the thread where the fans are located just to tell them you didn't like it. The only intent of that is to piss people off.
Bullseye!

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Old 10-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #85
Loki882
Side-Kick

Anthony Hopkins scenery-chewing, that's always fun. For whoever's seen the movie, was Eccleston's performance as Malekith good?

Old 10-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #86
@kylethomaswest

I won tickets to see this last night, and as a huge fan of these films, Thor 2 didn't disappoint at all. Without spoiling anything, the scale on these films since the first Avengers film is crazy. During a sequence halfway through, I literally turned to my wife and had to say "this is f***ing awesome". Probably a much funnier movie than it had any right to be, too.

I think these Marvel films have become so many, and so popular, that like Iron Man 3 this film might get bashed online by some just for the sake of it. But for me, as someone who enjoyed Thor the most out of Phase 1, this ticked all the boxes for me. The wait until The Winter Soldier just became that much more unbearable though...

Old 10-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #87
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by @kylethomaswest View Post
I won tickets to see this last night, and as a huge fan of these films, Thor 2 didn't disappoint at all. Without spoiling anything, the scale on these films since the first Avengers film is crazy. During a sequence halfway through, I literally turned to my wife and had to say "this is f***ing awesome". Probably a much funnier movie than it had any right to be, too.
Please go on ....

Old 10-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #88
Coolcat3
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think these Marvel films have become so many, and so popular, that like Iron Man 3 this film might get bashed online by some just for the sake of it. But for me, as someone who enjoyed Thor the most out of Phase 1, this ticked all the boxes for me. The wait until The Winter Soldier just became that much more unbearable though...
Good to hear that fans of Marvel will be pleased. A few questions, did this film feel more like it was about Thor as much as IM3 was about Tony? Is Alrgim's transformation to Kurse shown in the film? And is it by accident or is it a sacrifice? From the Character synopsis as well as Adewale's description of the character it sounds like a sacrifice for the greater good.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #89
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Glad to have you aboard Kyle! Yeah for me both Cap and Thor are my favorite Avengers but Thor is a tad moreso than Cap. Go ahead and say anything you want about the film in this thread. It was made for all spoliers

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #90
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Glad to have you aboard Kyle! Yeah for me both Cap and Thor are my favorite Avengers but Thor is a tad moreso than Cap. Go ahead and say anything you want about the film in this thread. It was made for all spoliers
A low res copy of the ET spot of the new Cap trailer is up over in the Cap thread.

Oh man I love Phase 2.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #91
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I can't wait to drool over the actual trailer lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #92
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:

Great I'm glad to hear you liked it, from the reviews I hear Thor kicked intergalactic assets in this film.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #93
Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:

You should sign up and post your review on IMDB. Real reactions are always welcome and can do nothing but help word of mouth for these films. So many trolls over there post fake stuff that true reaction would be refreshing.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #94
@kylethomaswest

Before I go any further, I should point out that I won't be giving any spoilers. Hell, the Disney statement read out at the start of the screening pretty much said I had to burn the film from my memory as soon as I left the screen I'll share proper thoughts come next week, when it's released.

Quote:
A few questions, did this film feel more like it was about Thor as much as IM3 was about Tony?
I'd lean toward no. I actually thought, after perhaps the first half hour or so, that Thor hadn't actually been in it all that much at all. That all changes by the final act, but certainly the first half of the film in particular spends more time developing the secondary characters than I'd expected.

Iron Man needed a personal story for Tony, I don't think Thor is quite at that point yet. I'm not even sure such a narrative style would even suit the character right now, as he's being presented in the films.

Quote:
Is Alrgim's transformation to Kurse shown in the film? And is it by accident or is it a sacrifice? From the Character synopsis as well as Adewale's description of the character it sounds like a sacrifice for the greater good.
No spoilers, but let's just say I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #95
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @kylethomaswest
No spoilers, but let's just say I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
What do you think of Kurse's fight with Thor? No spoilers of course

Also what do you think of Malekith's role overall and was the humor too much or just right?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #96
Coolcat3
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'd lean toward no. I actually thought, after perhaps the first half hour or so, that Thor hadn't actually been in it all that much at all. That all changes by the final act, but certainly the first half of the film in particular spends more time developing the secondary characters than I'd expected.

Iron Man needed a personal story for Tony, I don't think Thor is quite at that point yet. I'm not even sure such a narrative style would even suit the character right now, as he's being presented in the films.
Interesting. In the reviews I have come across it seemed that the development of the secondary characters was nonexistent. Good to know we will be getting to know them better.

Quote:
No spoilers, but let's just say I'm sure you won't be disappointed
So is that a yes for the transformation scene? I asked a person on the IMDB message board and he said he couldn't remember any significant transformation for Algrim in the film.

He said " it is a bit like he is Algrim in one scene, then Maleikith (don't know how you spell it sorry) put something in him, and next scene he is Kurse ".

Old 10-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #97
@kylethomaswest

Quote:
What do you think of Kurse's fight with Thor? No spoilers of course
Top stuff. Was just nice to see Thor having a proper brutal fight, something I felt the first film lacked beyond the sequence when he's trying to retrieve the hammer from S.H.I.E.L.D

Quote:
Also what do you think of Malekith's role overall and was the humor too much or just right?
There was nothing wrong with Malekith as a villain per se, but in hindsight I'm surprised that Eccleston took the role, unless the script originally had more for him to do. Make of that what you will.

The humour was great - some real laugh out loud moments. To be honest, at one point I just couldn't believe how much comedy was actually in the film, but it all worked great. Only one or two moments in and around the final battle where it felt slightly out of place, but all in all it's easily got the best comedy of any of the Marvel films to date.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #98
@kylethomaswest

Quote:
He said " it is a bit like he is Algrim in one scene, then Maleikith (don't know how you spell it sorry) put something in him, and next scene he is Kurse ".
I'm guessing he took a toilet break at some point then

Old 10-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #99
Coolcat3
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm guessing he took a toilet break at some point then
Niceeeeee

...And on a more personal Note who says you need to follow the comics?

Old 10-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #100
warriorking
Side-Kick

[QUOTE=@kylethomaswest;27078611]Top stuff. Was just nice to see Thor having a proper brutal fight, something I felt the first film lacked beyond the sequence when he's trying to retrieve the hammer from S.H.I.E.L.D

I can hear it now from the Thor vs Hulk crowd,
If Hulk would have been there He would have kicked Kurses A**...
Hate to break it to you but Kurse is a whole new ballgame guys..

Closed Thread