The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 12:24 AM   #101
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
I can't get over how sick the cinematography is:

Use the stinger missile launcher, Cap!
I love how Cap is not only fighting the Winter Soldier, but also against SHIELD itself. And both BW and Falcon seemed to be fighting on his side, as well. I do wonder what alligiance Fury and Hill take, and how TWS will affect the events in Avengers 2. This movie could be a real game-changer in MCU.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 10-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #102
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I doubt Fury is a traitor. It just feels like the trailer is meant to mislead the audience.

Edit: And it looks like pieces of a helicarrier crashed into the Triskelion. Might result in a super-villain breakout.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #103
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
I can't get over how sick the cinematography is:

Use the stinger missile launcher, Cap!
Such an awesome shot! I can't wait to see this sequence.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 10-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #104
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

The shot where Winter Soldier fires that disc under Fury's truck is insane. Even the way the disc scrapes the ground as it skids under the truck is perfect.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:33 AM   #105
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

I'm just over SLJ performance...

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
Old 10-25-2013, 12:36 AM   #106
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

SHIELD wouldn't be as interesting to me without Nick Fury.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #107
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Redford is going to be awesome.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #108
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

A couple of observations:

-Again, the music they chose for the trailer continues to delight me. It may sound like "generic" rock, but synced with the action shots, as things get more dire for Cap and crew, the chords get heavier, like they're descending. And there's some great cues with the cars getting overturned. Basically, the entire section from when Cap gets on the elevator, to "Gear Up" to the Helicarrier exploding, it's an absolutely great musical and visual sequence.

-I'm more convinced than ever that RR's "helped shape the century… do it one more time," is
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
not to Cap but WS. I'm sort of intrigued by the potential relationship; will Redford be a twisted father figure to WS?

-Also, I, apparently, cannot stop watching the trailer. I've probably watched it 50 times today. Ugh! I need this movie to come out ASAP!

Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #109
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I haven't seen anyone complaining about Cap's new suit now that we get to see it in action. Looks better than it did in the set pics to me, and even then I thought it was a great suit. And we actually get his ears out this time.

Edit: After seeing the way the Russo bros. have handled everything else, I pray that the Mandroids are in this movie.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 10-25-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:57 AM   #110
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
I hope Fury is a traitor and gets taken out by Cap.
Hahaha, no. Fury's SUV was attacked by the Winter Soldier right there in the trailer. Steve & Natasha seemed to be trying to protect Fury from the set videos.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:12 AM   #111
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I love how Cap is not only fighting the Winter Soldier, but also against SHIELD itself. And both BW and Falcon seemed to be fighting on his side, as well. I do wonder what alligiance Fury and Hill take, and how TWS will affect the events in Avengers 2. This movie could be a real game-changer in MCU.
He's not necessarily fighting against "SHIELD".

Old 10-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #112
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Hahaha, no. Fury's SUV was attacked by the Winter Soldier right there in the trailer. Steve & Natasha seemed to be trying to protect Fury from the set videos.
I'm just being goofy...

Old 10-25-2013, 01:43 AM   #113
Zinc Saucier
Essence of Pure Flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Are we just not supposed to notice the added middle red stripe on the TWS version of the suit? It also doesn't seem to have the shoulder pads from the TFA one.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #114
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Old 10-25-2013, 01:54 AM   #115
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

So I finally got to see this just a few minutes ago. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

PS:

YES.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:26 AM   #116
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc Saucier View Post
Are we just not supposed to notice the added middle red stripe on the TWS version of the suit? It also doesn't seem to have the shoulder pads from the TFA one.
It looks great.

I think we're expected to notice but just figure that as it's not a massive change [certainly not one the G.A. will get] it doesnt require any explanation whatsoever - it's really one for us fanboys [who missed it in the 1st film] and isnt a big deal.

My view is that it's along the same lines as the Banner recast for the Avengers. There were a couple of posters on here who were adamant that they just had to explain in the movie why Banner looked different (Norton - Ruffallo; one even suggesting that Banner explain that he got plastic surgery in order to escape General Ross. WTF?!!) when it just didnt require anything. It's like 'please, just accept it that there's going to be some cosmetic changes along the way and move on.......'

Old 10-25-2013, 02:27 AM   #117
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc Saucier View Post
The suit Cap is wearing in TWS is a museum replica, not the original WWII suit which he was wearing when he crashed in the Arctic. The differences in design would be down to that.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:50 AM   #118
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I don't care either way, but it would be funny if Cap went, "Yeah it's not perfect. They got the stripes a little off, and that strap should be over here, ect, ect..."

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:57 AM   #119
Just_Human
Side-Kick

At least they are keeping the Helicarrier true to the comics. Everytime its seen its gonna fall out of the sky.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:58 AM   #120
Loki882
Side-Kick

Count me as one of those who thinks that Redford's speech about shaping the course of the 20th Century was referring to WS and not Cap. The guy just screams "I'm secretly a villain."

Old 10-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #121
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Count me as one of those who thinks that Redford's speech about shaping the course of the 20th Century was referring to WS and not Cap. The guy just screams "I'm secretly a villain."

Prolly right.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:14 AM   #122
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
A couple of observations:

-Again, the music they chose for the trailer continues to delight me. It may sound like "generic" rock, but synced with the action shots, as things get more dire for Cap and crew, the chords get heavier, like they're descending. And there's some great cues with the cars getting overturned. Basically, the entire section from when Cap gets on the elevator, to "Gear Up" to the Helicarrier exploding, it's an absolutely great musical and visual sequence.

-I'm more convinced than ever that RR's "helped shape the century… do it one more time," is
not to Cap but WS. I'm sort of intrigued by the potential relationship; will Redford be a twisted father figure to WS?

-Also, I, apparently, cannot stop watching the trailer. I've probably watched it 50 times today. Ugh! I need this movie to come out ASAP!
Yeah.... this trailer has blown me away in every way. Definitely looking forward to this with the utmost excitement. After watching this trailer (countless times) it has shot up to my #1 most anticipated for next year.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:18 AM   #123
cph9fa
Side-Kick

An observation:

I speculated some time ago -- and this trailer seems to confirm -- that the Soviets/Russians from the comics probably do not have much of a role (if any) as antagonists. The conflict appears to be primarily internal political intrigue (as we've actually known for quite some time) rather than foreign nationalistic interests (this is in line with Marvel's previous movies as well). There seem to be no named Russian characters in the cast (excluding BW of course), and WS appears to be working for... someone other than the Russians.

The only thing I can't quite explain, though, is the Red Communist Star painted on WS's arm. I remember being surprised by it when the first set photos came out. Because its literally the only thing we've seen that even hints at a Russian connection. The only explanations I can come up with (short of WS actually being a Soviet/Russian agent) is that it's either deliberate misinformation by WS's handlers, or it possibly hints at a past BW+WS connection. Any other ideas?

Granted, Marvel seems to be keeping the villain reveal secret, as they should for a political thriller, but "it's actually Russians" just doesn't seem like the kind of exciting, unexpected twist that Marvel would consider worthy of consideration.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:21 AM   #124
Zinc Saucier
Essence of Pure Flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
The suit Cap is wearing in TWS is a museum replica, not the original WWII suit which he was wearing when he crashed in the Arctic. The differences in design would be down to that.
Oh, I was under the impression it was meant to be the actual suit that had been donated to the museum after he was thawed or something.
Either way I guarantee they'll still use the updated version in any potential WWII flashbacks.

But still I would have to agree with Brian that I actually think the changes improve the look, and much like recasts I guess it's nothing to really be too bothered about.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:11 AM   #125
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
My take is that Pierce said that line to Cap just before he left their meeting and Cap's reply was negative. Then Cap got into the elevator and Pierce's team of loyal SHIELD agents (lead by Crossbones) attacked him on orders from the boss. Steve Rogers refused to play ball so Pierce ordered him taken into custody, simple as that.

Closed Thread