The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #51
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

They can't hold off showing her forever. They have to show something. She'll have to have a promo pic.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #52
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
They can't hold off showing her forever. They have to show something. She'll have to have a promo pic.
Do they know?

Old 10-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #53
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
Do they know?
Up to now they don't

Maybe we'll get a nice surprise in the trailer. It kind of sucks for Rogue fans right now. Most other characters have new stuff and we're like 'where's ours?!'

Old 10-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #54
Angamb
Banned User

if the Empire site article is an indication, we may get a full X-Men cover on Thursday, so....

what if Rogue is feattured in one of the covers?

but with all these A list actors... I guess it would be too perfect right?

Old 10-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #55
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

I hope so. Surely she can't keep being left out of the promo material. She's got to feature in some.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #56
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
if the Empire site article is an indication, we may get a full X-Men cover on Thursday, so....

what if Rogue is feattured in one of the covers?

but with all these A list actors... I guess it would be too perfect right?
That thought crossed my mind for a second. If Rogue appearance it's so shocking a cover like that with a tragic pose can make an impression.

But Jennifer is going to have that cover, that's for sure.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #57
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

So we've seen all of the OT and FC in either stills, promo pics or footage except Rogue.

Thats either really good as they're saving a big surprise for her reveal or really bad in that her role might be really small

Professor Xavier: I feel a great swell of pity for the poor fool who comes to that school... looking for trouble.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #58
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
So we've seen all of the OT and FC in either stills, promo pics or footage except Rogue.

Thats either really good as they're saving a big surprise for her reveal or really bad in that her role might be really small
I'm gonna go with option C: both

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 10-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #59
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
That thought crossed my mind for a second. If Rogue appearance it's so shocking a cover like that with a tragic pose can make an impression.

But Jennifer is going to have that cover, that's for sure.
I doubt she is going to be on the cover alone.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

I SUPPORT GIVING BATFLECK A CHANCE.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #60
NanaT
X-Men United!

They're probably be a future cover, Wolverine, Older Mags/Prof X and Storm

and then a past cover with younger mags/prof x, Mystique and Beast.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 10-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #61
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post

It's got nothing to do with the size of her role (which I will bet money isn't as tiny as some posters wish to believe). Havok and Quicksilver have had more in terms of pics or soundbites and they're smaller than she is for sure. Bishop has also had a pic and I reckon he's smaller.

It's almost certainly down to they want to surprise us about the nature of her role. It's just getting a bit obvious they have something to hide.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #62
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

I'll be STUNNED if they don't use Rogue on any of the artwork and outdoor. They always used her with all the Ad outdoor and Wild postings. I think once the "reveal" happens we'll see lots of Rogue just like they did with The Last Stand artwork.

Rogue and Storm seem to be the most used from the women on the Artwork. Jean had her share but not as much as Rogue and Storm.

Old 10-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #63
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Mystique will be the most used in marketing, 2nd will be storm most likely, kitty and rogue will be 3rd, blink last

But they will all get their share, the more marketing the better

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 10-25-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #64
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Just imagine a shot in the trailer of Rogue levitating off the ground and taking off. It'd be AMZING.
I'm not expecting that but it would great

Professor Xavier: I feel a great swell of pity for the poor fool who comes to that school... looking for trouble.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #65
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Ironically (or maybe not so hmmm), True Blood is ending next year they are probably planning something for Rogue in the third installment.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #66
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Rogue is bound to be included in group shots. I doubt she'll get a poster of her own as she never did. But she was always included in the group promo's. She is fan favorite and they know that.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #67
neemer5
Side-Kick

Quote:
Rogue is bound to be included in group shots. I doubt she'll get a poster of her own as she never did. But she was always included in the group promo's. She is fan favorite and they know that.

The only reason she didn't get a poster is because there was no visual way to show off her power, or she didn't have mutant features physically.

I'm in the group that thinks her part is going to be small, unfortunately. She was criminally underused in X3, and her storyline was an insult in that film, so it would be nice to see some redemption and some real screen time.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #68
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

If there's an Empire magazine cover next week, I doubt we will see Rogue in the cover but hopefully there's a surprise.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 10-26-2013, 01:46 AM   #69
psyonic
X-Man

Quote:
Rogue got her own poster for all the X-Men movies (1-3) lol

Old 10-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #70
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
Rogue got her own poster for all the X-Men movies (1-3) lol
Not on magazines she didn't. She wasn't cover shots in the UK. That is what I'm talking about. She'll likely just be part of the group shots for the covers.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #71
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by neemer5 View Post
The only reason she didn't get a poster is because there was no visual way to show off her power, or she didn't have mutant features physically.

I'm in the group that thinks her part is going to be small, unfortunately. She was criminally underused in X3, and her storyline was an insult in that film, so it would be nice to see some redemption and some real screen time.
Her role will likely be smallish but not tiny. Anna did too much focused filming for a tiny role. She's not a glorified cameo. But she likely will only be in the plot for a specific reason and come into it later into the action.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:13 AM   #72
Angamb
Banned User

I think she probably appearing later in the movie will keep us more intrigued during the movie, because we'll all know she is in the movie and she may appear at any time, so I guess its a smart decision.

She's an iconic character from the comics, so to keep her for a later appearance is a suspense/surprise factor.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #73
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Yeah there is a big reason that Bryan and FOX are keeping Paquin in the box. It's all too purposely played out with how NOTHING of Rogue is being shown. It's like they are want to keep anything about her covered up until the big reveal.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #74
Mystique's Leg
Side-Kick

I keep my expectations in check and hope she's just important to the plot. It would be cool to see her flying right into a sentinel, but I expect her to only absorb Magneto's powers (as a throwback to X1) to crush a sentinel from a distance to have a little moment of action. Moreover, she did have a nice development as a character in X1 and X2. It felt right and by X3 she should've become more like the 'southern gal' she is in the comics. It came to a halt by taking the cure, instead of going on and truely accept her powers. Let's hope DOFP will fix this a little bit.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #75
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique's Leg View Post
I keep my expectations in check and hope she's just important to the plot. It would be cool to see her flying right into a sentinel, but I expect her to only absorb Magneto's powers (as a throwback to X1) to crush a sentinel from a distance to have a little moment of action. Moreover, she did have a nice development as a character in X1 and X2. It felt right and by X3 she should've become more like the 'southern gal' she is in the comics. It came to a halt by taking the cure, instead of going on and truely accept her powers. Let's hope DOFP will fix this a little bit.
I honestly don't think she'll be doing any flying in DOFP. It's not the right time for it. I hope she does get a fight scene but I just don't believe it will be with her old comic powers. She can still use her absorption ones to good effect though. Mixing Magneto's and Iceman's powers would cause some damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I think she probably appearing later in the movie will keep us more intrigued during the movie, because we'll all know she is in the movie and she may appear at any time, so I guess its a smart decision.

She's an iconic character from the comics, so to keep her for a later appearance is a suspense/surprise factor.
It's possible we may see her earlier. It looks like Professor X has a mini Cerebro these days so he might do a scene where he's scanning around for mutants and we get a glimpse of Rogue in the internment camp. It's looking certain that's where she is at the start of the plot. But it could be we don't see her until they decide to go and get her for whatever reason. And as there was no sign of Logan in the clip of her then it must be after he's already gone to 1973.

It does feel like she will come into everything later on. I'm okay with that so long as she's used well when she arrives.

Last edited by xDOFPx; 10-26-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Closed Thread