The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #26
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,854
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Obviously taking this pitch with a truck of salt, but god-damn Mary Jane would have been unbearable in this.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:27 AM   #27
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick
 
DarthDaveBanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lan-dahn
Posts: 1,063
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

The Jameson stuff is all true, JK Simmons confirmed it.

That outline may be legit....and if so it is horrible. But Raimi knew it was horrible.

__________________
You look upset. I like that.
DarthDaveBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #28
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

What JJ stuff?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #29
Marvel Spider
Amazing.
 
Marvel Spider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,025
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Adrian Toomes replaces J. Jonah Jameson at the Daily Bugle.

Marvel Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #30
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Did he say he wouldn't be in 4?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:07 AM   #31
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick
 
DarthDaveBanner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lan-dahn
Posts: 1,063
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

He said he would be forced out of his position as editor similar to the Perry White subplot in Superman 4.

No idea about how true the whole "Vulture being MJ's real dad" stuff is, as far as I know he was meant to be Daddy Black Cat.

__________________
You look upset. I like that.
DarthDaveBanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:13 AM   #32
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDaveBanner View Post
He said he would be forced out of his position as editor similar to the Perry White subplot in Superman 4.

No idea about how true the whole "Vulture being MJ's real dad" stuff is, as far as I know he was meant to be Daddy Black Cat.
In an earlier draft perhaps. I can't see Tobey Maguire having sex with a woman in a shower.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #33
DaCage
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 154
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
In an earlier draft perhaps. I can't see Tobey Maguire having sex with a woman in a shower.
I don't think the shower scene would be that explicit. It would be something along the lines of that scene in Skyfall, still strange though.

From that outline, I think Raimi was forced to right that script since Sony refused to I've I'm full creative control. Wasn't there a totally different script that was actually GOOD? I believe it had Adrian Toomes was the only villain and he was suppose to be Felicia's godfather? If anyone has any proof that SM4 would've been amazing, please show me. Raimi knows Spider-Man.

DaCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #34
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 925
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

And since he does, he chose to walk away at the right time rather than further tarnish his legacy.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:41 PM   #35
DaCage
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 154
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
And since he does, he chose to walk away at the right time rather than further tarnish his legacy.
Well, SM4 was suppose to be the last Spider-Man. I don't know how they could end it. It ends like The Dark Knight Rises, I suppose.

DaCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #36
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 925
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

From everything I've read, there is nothing that points towards Spider-Man 4 being better than Spider-Man 3. Let alone the best of the bunch. I know a 4th film was green-lit, and I was looking forward to it, but the last scene from Spider-Man 3 was a perfect ending.

I also don't see how Spider-Man 4 could have satisfyingly wrapped up the series, but remember they were planning on making 4 and 5, and filming concurrently. So maybe, maybe between the two films we could have really had something special, but going off the elements of 4 we've been made aware of, I can't imagine 5 would have been any better.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #37
DaCage
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 154
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
From everything I've read, there is nothing that points towards Spider-Man 4 being better than Spider-Man 3. Let alone the best of the bunch. I know a 4th film was green-lit, and I was looking forward to it, but the last scene from Spider-Man 3 was a perfect ending.

I also don't see how Spider-Man 4 could have satisfyingly wrapped up the series, but remember they were planning on making 4 and 5, and filming concurrently. So maybe, maybe between the two films we could have really had something special, but going off the elements of 4 we've been made aware of, I can't imagine 5 would have been any better.
Raimi had said that Spider-Man 4 was going to be his last and a reboot was planned afterwards. He said in an interview, "end on a really note and ""best Spider-Man of them all"
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...-didnt-happen/

My guess is...Raimi was working on his own script but it wasn't done on time, which was a giant problem.

DaCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #38
OcStat
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 925
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Here are two old articles alluding to Spider-Man 5 and 6.

http://collider.com/spider-man-5-and...-spidey-films/

http://screenrant.com/sam-raimi-dire...b-30565/all/1/

So apparently I was wrong, but I vividly remember an article posted here on SSH! that said the 4 and 5 were going to be filmed together shortly before it was announced that the franchise was done. *shrug*

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #39
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,854
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

There were stories about Maguire being offered 50 mil for 4 and 5 back to back. I remember that, but don't remember how reliable the reports were. As of its cancellation, it appeared as though the 4th was the only thing planned.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #40
DaCage
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 154
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
There were stories about Maguire being offered 50 mil for 4 and 5 back to back. I remember that, but don't remember how reliable the reports were. As of its cancellation, it appeared as though the 4th was the only thing planned.
Michael Papajohn confirmed his return for Spider-Man 4. And Felcia Hardy was the goddaughter to Vulture.

DaCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #41
DaCage
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 154
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Yo, this script needs to make the headlines. If someone would be nice enough to post this as news on SuperheroHype, please do so.

DaCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #42
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,854
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

It would only be news-worthy if it was confirmed legit.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #43
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future
 
Green Goblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,027
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

I hated the idea of Vultureess

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #44
wordev
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Lots and lots of people really didn't like Spider-Man 3, but Spider-Man 3 was actually my favorite, and I think they made a huge mistake starting over, now you have to get familiar with a new actor and cast. The Amazing Spider-Man did not do nearly as good as the originals, therefore another reason the should not have restarted. If they could have made it work with Spider-Man 4, I'm 100% sure they would of did outstanding, and everyone would of forgot about there thoughts on Spider-Man 3.

I to this day hope for some reason that Spider-Man 4 could be a possibility if The Amazing Spider-Man falls apart, though it's unlikely due to the fact that Sony Pictures Have three more sequels planned for The Amazing Spider-Man series.

wordev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #45
wordev
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Default Spider-Man and Sony's Mistake

Sony Studios are only interested in money that's another reason why Spider-Man 4 was cancelled and The Amazing Spider-Man was created. They wanted to have another Spider-Man by a certain date or else there movie rights would go back to marvel. For my understandings they could have gave the director of the previous Spider-Man movies Sam Raimi more time but all they cared about was the money. Just Like the Saying "TIME IS MONEY."

Also Sony wanted to change the directors idea, and Send Peter Parker/Spider-Man back to school, Finally The cast and director gave up pleasing the company and left.
Raimi also could not come up with the script by the deadline, so he left on a good streak by not having hard feelings.

In my opinion they should have gave him more time. And should not have dictated every thing Raimi worked on in the script like in Spider-Man 3.

If you want to read more you can continue into my next highlight about Spider-Man 3 and how it got to be the way it is by Sony Pictures messing it up.


Last edited by wordev; 10-26-2013 at 12:53 AM.
wordev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #46
wordev
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Default Reason Why Some Did Not Like Spider-Man 3

In this Highlight I will discuss why some think Spider-Man 3 was bad and why it has to be the way it is.

Spider-Man 3 was written and directed by director Sam Raimi. After finishing first draft of Spider-Man 3 he turned it in to Sony Pictures, however they added some touches such as entering more villians, Raimi had very little time to enter changes, just like not giving Raimi enough time to finish the script for Spider-Man 4, Therefore he had no time, so he had to just give up.

wordev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #47
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCage View Post
Well, SM4 was suppose to be the last Spider-Man. I don't know how they could end it. It ends like The Dark Knight Rises, I suppose.
It ends the right way imo. Peter is driven by the guilt of his Uncle's death and his nagging reminders of his responsibility. Aunt May finding out his identity and teaching him it's his choice would conclude that arc, Peter growing out of his obsessive teenage crush on Mary Jane would end the "story about a girl" arc, I'm disappointed this didn't make it.

No this draft isn't perfect but it does a lot right. Keep in mind in the third draft of Return of the Jedi Luke NEVER builds a new lightsaber and fights Vader by stealing his at the end. Clean-up the Electro story and I think this could have been good.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #48
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Reason Why Some Did Not Like Spider-Man 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordev View Post
In this Highlight I will discuss why some think Spider-Man 3 was bad and why it has to be the way it is.

Spider-Man 3 was written and directed by director Sam Raimi. After finishing first draft of Spider-Man 3 he turned it in to Sony Pictures, however they added some touches such as entering more villians, Raimi had very little time to enter changes, just like not giving Raimi enough time to finish the script for Spider-Man 4, Therefore he had no time, so he had to just give up.
Not quite. Spider-Man 3 was supposed to show the repercussions of Peter's choice to be with MJ in 2, having 3 villains to symbolize the many dangers that could threaten her. Vulture was to get arrested early in the film and be broken out by Sandman (in order to help his daughter) and proceeds to blackmail him into committing crimes. Sony pushed for Venom, who essentially just got copy/pasted into Vultures original role. Raimi didn't understand or care for the character so it came out being a mess.

Raimi wanted to correct this wrong bringing on the minds behind Spider-Man 2, but he could never find a solid script. Sony didn't like think the Vulture was marketable enough so they insisted on pushing Black Cat. Electro probably came in for similar reasons Sandman did (Raimi likes visual spectacles). In the end the studio had let production go on 4 years (targeted release date of 2011), which meant shooting would need to start by early 2010. Raimi petitioned the production be pushed back to 2012, but they weren't going to have it so he quit. Both sides are justified. From Sony's end really it doesn't take 5 years to make a movie (Spider-Man 2 came out in 2, X-Men First Class was cast and shot in less than a year) and Raimi was taking progressively longer each time so they were right not to push the date. Raimi was right to leave because he knew the final product would be subpar and knew the audience deserved more.

I think Amazing Spider-Man was an overall poor film, but I think that's largely due to Sony trying to be different and blend in with the times. It's tone copied the Dark Knight's far too much, which is acceptable because at the time that was the most successful superhero film ever. Being said, Garfield was great, Marc Webb directed it fantastically, there's a lot of potential; and the sequel seems to be taking more notes from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (given it's now massive success) and the tone appears to be corrected. I'm glad we got this overview it really brings some closure as a long time fan and I hope we can all move on.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #49
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36,450
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
That's a pretty reliable site, RIM (from the site) used to post on here and give us whatever exclusive stuff he could for TASM and other films.

Some of the highlights for me:

Vulture is Mary Jane's real father.

Peter tells her that her father is really the Vulture and she yells at him, then leaves him when she finds out he was right.

Black Cat betrays Spidey because her secret sister is captive thanks to the villain! Reminds me of Silver Fox in X-Men Origins: Wolverine - she betrays Wolvie because her sister Emma Frost (what) is captive thanks to the villain!

It sheds a little more light on this one piece of Spider-Man 4 Electro concept art for Hasbro, I was thinking before that it was just one of those 'movie style toys but not actually in the movie'.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
Giant Electro is defeated thanks to Black Cat's breasts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCage View Post
Also, in the possible Spider-man 4 outline....Peter and Felicia have sex and she flashes Electro.
Dafug is dis? Porno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
Adrian Toomes replaces J. Jonah Jameson at the Daily Bugle.

This is a "TOO BAAD, IT'S HILARIOUS"
Batman & Robin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This script

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...

Note to some of the Hype! oldies: Want to take the Lounge back? Come and take it, it's not like there is a territorial battle to win it, it's the land of the free to lounge. Make it multiflavored, make it interesting.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #50
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,854
Default Re: Spider-Man 4 - What Could Have Been

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordev View Post
Lots and lots of people really didn't like Spider-Man 3, but Spider-Man 3 was actually my favorite, and I think they made a huge mistake starting over, now you have to get familiar with a new actor and cast. The Amazing Spider-Man did not do nearly as good as the originals, therefore another reason the should not have restarted. If they could have made it work with Spider-Man 4, I'm 100% sure they would of did outstanding, and everyone would of forgot about there thoughts on Spider-Man 3.

I to this day hope for some reason that Spider-Man 4 could be a possibility if The Amazing Spider-Man falls apart, though it's unlikely due to the fact that Sony Pictures Have three more sequels planned for The Amazing Spider-Man series.
I was also disappointed by the reboot. It's a shame Sony wouldn't give Raimi the freedom he needed to make a 4th film after the issues with 3. There was easily room for more stories with this cast, in fact TASM could have easily been a 4th with some changes (and we would have been spared another origin).

Marvel Studios have demonstrated the full potential of comic book franchises. Spider-Man could have been approaching the 6th film by now, and pulling a huge event of its own.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.