The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #101
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!) - Part 2

I don't know how they are going to keep the OT Cast and the FC Cast. One it will continue to climb in budget and time constraints for the characters. Hugh has been on a media blitz about exiting at Wolverine which leads me to believe he some how is killed off in this movie.

Double Professor X and Magneto would be too much. Also, why don't we have Rebecca back as Mystique since it would be important for her to be part of the OT Cast.

Its all such a huge messy mystery how they could move forward with both casts simultaneously. I think it runs the risk of becoming such a huge disaster.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #102
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

The only 2 characters to be in both timelines is xavier and magneto, that's why Rebecca isn't there, singer obviously only wanted them 2 being the connection to both timelines with wolverine being the middle ground

I'm sure after X3 when he dumped her she wasn't gonna run back to him anyway, I think this film will show mystique in the 70s to be someone who goes at it alone and doesn't need magneto, ESP from how it looks in trailer teaser

Old 10-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #103
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Mystique isn't needed for any further OT films. There would be new villains because Magneto and the Brotherhood have been tapped out. Professor X and Wolverine aren't necessarily needed either. Neither have been on every X-Men team in the comics so they don't have to be in sequels either.

It's easy to give sequels to both the OT and FC characters. We never saw them before 1979/1980 in the OT timeline prior to FC and it will have changed after DOFP anyway so they can do another movie after 1973. There is so much they can do in an altered future with the OT cast. DOFP is giving a fresh canvas once it ends. I doubt many fans would complain if both got sequels.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #104
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Interesting but I think having them play out simultaneously is great for 1 film but moving forward unless they are in the same time line it's not going to work. It will just be a cluster**** for general audiences. I think Fans of the films will be elated with that but it's General Audiences that bring the $$$$$$ to the the theatres so they have to make sure the movies are accessible.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #105
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think FOX is gonna wait to see how DOFP will do at the box-office first, before they finally decide WHICH film they are gonna make. Then when DOFP goes big at the opening weekend, I expect an announcement about the 8th X-Men film after that. Just like what happened when Origins: Wolverine got 80 million in 2009.

My issue with X-Force is it won't fully benefit from DOFP's success simply none of the lead characters of DOFP will headline X-Force and the writers said, the 5 protagonists of X-Force are the ones we haven't seen in the X-Mansion. FOX will have a harder time marketing a X-Force movie than a straight-up sequel to DOFP like X-Men 5.

And about a reboot, its foolish to think that its the next step after DOFP. For the first time since X3, X-Men is once again getting a lot of buzz, 1 year before the next film's release. No way, FOX is gonna make this as the last movie of the series.

And yes, it would be cluster#&@ for the general audience if one film is set in the past/80s and one film is set in the modern-day world.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 10-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #106
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Oh great with excitement building for DOFP people have to bring up reboot
again

Old 10-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #107
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Stop worrying about whats gonna come next and just enjoy the damn movie, i'm sure this movie is all thats on singers mind right now, making it the best one possible, thats how we should be seeing it

Old 10-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #108
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
Stop worrying about whats gonna come next and just enjoy the damn movie, i'm sure this movie is all thats on singers mind right now, making it the best one possible, thats how we should be seeing it
SOOOOOO TRUE!!

I apologize

Old 10-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #109
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

They said at SDCC that they are already thinking about what comes next. Sure, a sequel depends on how well DOFP does at the box office. But I doubt they or any fans really believe it will be a flop.

A sequel is a safe bet. It's just in what form it will take we aren't sure of. Though they have said they'd like another OT movie and Anna has made it clear she'd love to come back again. So if there is one we're bound to see Rogue again.

I am so curious about how long Rogue has probably been in the internment camp. It's possible she's been there for up to a few years. And it will be interesting to find out when and how she went her separate ways to the rest of the team. I don't reckon she was captured and they just abandoned her for a while, a rescue would have come sooner if they'd known where she was. You'd think so anyway.

I think Rogue's dynamic with the other characters (whichever are left when she arrives) will be something we've not seen before. Then we have the question of what the timeline changes will do to the lives and dynamics of her and the others. I hope she makes less obvious mistakes and bad decisions in her new life than she did in the current one so that she has a better outcome.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #110
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
They said at SDCC that they are already thinking about what comes next. Sure, a sequel depends on how well DOFP does at the box office. But I doubt they or any fans really believe it will be a flop.

Oh it's ALREADY a blockbuster and it hasn't debuted. lol. I think the best signal was when FOX moved it's tentpole to Memorial Day. Fox Creative Execs must have seen something magical in those dailies that gave them confidence this movie will perform brilliantly.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #111
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

You can be quite confident with that cast, character line-up and the storyline that people will be going to the cinema to watch it. It's what people dreamed X3 could have been, minus the past characters part obviously. Still the future scenes are a massive draw for fans already and we've barely seen anything.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #112
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

People need to stop thinking ahead and stop worrying about what sequel will come next

i know for a fact i'm gonna enjoy both time periods in this film

Old 10-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #113
Angamb
Banned User

whats bad about thinking and discussing about the future?

thats part of the fun of being a fan, dont u think?

to say to people that they shouldnt have fun doesnt make any sense

Old 10-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #114
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
whats bad about thinking and discussing about the future?

thats part of the fun of being a fan, dont u think?

to say to people that they shouldnt have fun doesnt make any sense
because its starts the FC vs OT discussion and given this film is about them both its not worth a discussion, it starts silly little arguements

truth is its all been said before, there is a really big chance the next film will be FC3 that i think some may be abit ignorant about, but of course paranoia is taking over for the OT age and some fans wanna see the OT cast next and of course that could pull in some bitterness, but at the same time FC does have its fans and people who actually wanna see more of them characters, but FOX already have a long term plan with fantastic 4, X-force, whatever other Spin off so it seems it will drive more rivalry then it should rather then people caring that this is all in the same universe

this film should be all we are thinking about right now, but if you wanna pull the discussion back in then ok sure, i dread where it will go in the long run

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 10-27-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #115
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

1:For starters we don't know how DOFP Is going to end
2OFP has to be a success for sequel.It needs 500 million at least worldwide

untill those 2 questions are answered it's pointless.

with this being rogue thread if the next film after DOFP not counting X-Force
Isn't a more present day set film rogue won't be In it.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #116
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

After DOFP, I vote FC3/X5 double bill in the same year. Two separate stories connected by a singular villain.

That's the only way I can think of to expand after this massive project, and I don't want to lose either timeline.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #117
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
1:For starters we don't know how DOFP Is going to end
2OFP has to be a success for sequel.It needs 500 million at least worldwide

untill those 2 questions are answered it's pointless.

with this being rogue thread if the next film after DOFP not counting X-Force
Isn't a more present day set film rogue won't be In it.
its this thing of if Ellen page said she looks forward to being in the next film people would take that as fact that there will be another one, she hasn't but thats not the point, while mcavoy has said about doing another one at least twice and seems pretty confident about it, now thats been kinda over looked by many who either don't wanna see it or something else i'm not sure

i'm just trying to keep the peace here, its all in the same universe, and in the end lets just enjoy this film and its characters, whatever happens

in terms of the future of rogues character well hey sure its a rogue thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #118
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
After DOFP, I vote FC3/X5 double bill in the same year. Two separate stories connected by a singular villain.

That's the only way I can think of to expand after this massive project, and I don't want to lose either timeline.
see you should be head of Fox! you know how to keep the peace

its possible they could do another timeline related movie again

Old 10-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #119
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
its this thing of if Ellen page said she looks forward to being in the next film people would take that as fact that there will be another one, she hasn't but thats not the point, while mcavoy has said about doing another one at least twice and seems pretty confident about it, now thats been kinda over looked by many who either don't wanna see it or something else i'm not sure

i'm just trying to keep the peace here, its all in the same universe, and in the end lets just enjoy this film and its characters, whatever happens

in terms of the future of rogues character well hey sure its a rogue thread
You forget that the producers have basically said a OT sequel is on the cards. And Anna seemed quite confident of there being one which would probably include Rogue. So the possibility is definitely there just as much as a FC3 movie is. I'm not sure why some posters don't want to believe that.

Old 10-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #120
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
You forget that the producers have basically said a OT sequel is on the cards. And Anna seemed quite confident of there being one which would probably include Rogue. So the possibility is definitely there just as much as a FC3 movie is. I'm not sure why some posters don't want to believe that.
no one said there wouldn't be an X4 or 5, but when you have mcavoy state it at least twice, once infront of Singer,stewart and mckellen you kinda have to think there are going more towards a final FC movie, jackman has said he dunno if he will be back which is kinda odd, page has said she enjoyed playing the character and would like to do it again but hasn't spoken like she is sure it will happen

again if page was doing what mcavoy is doing... it would be taken as fact coming from her

i do think there will be another OT film, but in the end its the same universe, maybe they will do another timeline film if this one does really well, just more like the original plan (godfather 2), but happy thoughts people, sentinels, timetravel, days of future past!! 2 days till trailer!

Old 10-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #121
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Or maybe next film would be largely set in present but would have some
flashbacks to past allowing certian fc actors to be In it.

If villain of next film Is apocalypse maybe in flashbacks they encounter Sinster

Considering how most never thought we would get all the OT cast together again who knows what will happen In future.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #122
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Or maybe next film would be largely set in present but would have some
flashbacks to past allowing certian fc actors to be In it.

If villain of next film Is apocalypse maybe in flashbacks they encounter Sinster

Considering how most never thought we would get all the OT cast together again who knows what will happen In future.
So godfather 2 style like i said

Yeah its possible indeed, would be good excuse to use the big names of each cast

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 10-27-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:39 AM   #123
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

I felt like First Class was such a stand alone movie but I'm hoping this movie will lead to another film where the OT Cast will be a bigger focus.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #124
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
no one said there wouldn't be an X4 or 5, but when you have mcavoy state it at least twice, once infront of Singer,stewart and mckellen you kinda have to think there are going more towards a final FC movie, jackman has said he dunno if he will be back which is kinda odd, page has said she enjoyed playing the character and would like to do it again but hasn't spoken like she is sure it will happen

again if page was doing what mcavoy is doing... it would be taken as fact coming from her

i do think there will be another OT film, but in the end its the same universe, maybe they will do another timeline film if this one does really well, just more like the original plan (godfather 2), but happy thoughts people, sentinels, timetravel, days of future past!! 2 days till trailer!
I don't see what Page has to do with anything If the producers and Anna's words aren't a valid enough reason to accept a OT sequel is a definite possibility then I don't know what is. Anna said about being up for Gambit and wanting Rogue to finally fly all in front of Singer and I didn't see him saying that DOFP was the last movie for her so it won't happen. In fact he said all possibilities are being explored for future movies. Donner said sequels to both timelines are being looked at. That's good enough confirmation of a possible sequel for me.

They'd be fools not to do one, it's guaranteed money in the bank. These characters are iconic and the actors playing them are as well. It may not happen but it has more of a chance of happening than not.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:22 AM   #125
def28
Side-Kick

I think gueststar is saying that with some fans, any hint on the OT's return gets more validation then MCavoy's word due to them wanting another OT movie more then FC. There can be a bit of rivalry between fans of the two casts on who gets priority next, so this just leads to pointless debates that go around in circles for awhile. Bottom line, both are in the mix as of now. We won't know anything till confirmation or how we know DOFP ends. For now, we have a movie with both casts so everyone should be happy.

Closed Thread