The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 10-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #326
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: Indiana Jones V - Part 1

Oh yeah, would Spielberg be willing to do this?

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #327
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

It's still crazy to think that assuming this thing gets going in 2 years or so, we'll have ford playing indy at 72-73 when in the last crusade sean connery playing ford's father was only actually 58.

Ford is in great shape for his age but he was pushing believability in the last film in terms of the physical stuff he could do. I actually think he'd have to take on more of a side-ish role ala Henry Jones sr. and maybe leave the more physical action stuff to a younger partner they team him with?

Last edited by Bruce Malone; 10-27-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #328
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

It's really crazy that Connery still looks like he was in Last Crusade. How would they look together now? Probably like brothers instead of father and son.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #329
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Well definitely more like contemporaries than father/son. They are indeed closer to contemporaries since sean is only 12 years older.

Connery doesn't make many public appearances anymore (sadly) and he has aged a bit but that's the be expected. These are a relatively recent pics of him:

Old 10-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #330
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #331
Teelie
Mostly Harmful If Eaten

I can hear that in Connery's voice, and it sounds believable.

Teelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:38 AM   #332
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
It's still crazy to think that assuming this thing gets going in 2 years or so, we'll have ford playing indy at 72-73 when in the last crusade sean connery playing ford's father was only actually 58.

Ford is in great shape for his age but he was pushing believability in the last film in terms of the physical stuff he could do. I actually think he'd have to take on more of a side-ish role ala Henry Jones sr. and maybe leave the more physical action stuff to a younger partner they team him with?
I thought his son was taking care of that.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #333
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."

That is so going in my sig

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #334
Loki882
Side-Kick

Actually, Connery still looks pretty good in that pic. Heck, Roger Moore looks older than he does.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #335
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I thought his son was taking care of that.
Shia's not gonna back and he was miscast anyways.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #336
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

There's a good chance he's not coming back.

Anyways, do you guys think Spielberg will just give the franchise to someone else?

~SHH SIX~
Old 10-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #337
DyeLorean

Damn, I didn't know I could be this excited for a fifth Indy film.
I guess I miss that type of adventure movie.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #338
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Only if this is true...

~SHH SIX~
Old 10-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #339
DyeLorean

It doesn't look like it's gonna happen any time soon, but I'm still excited about the possibility.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #340
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Same. It'd be awesome to have another Indy adventure. It's not a distant possibility by any means though IMO.

~SHH SIX~
Old 10-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #341
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
There's a good chance he's not coming back.

Anyways, do you guys think Spielberg will just give the franchise to someone else?
I hope not. I'd love for Spielberg's last film to be from his best series (IMO). An Indiana Jones movie that could match Raiders or Last Crusade would be one hell of a send off for the best director ever.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:58 PM   #342
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Yeah, I want Spielberg to direct another action movie.

~SHH SIX~
Old 10-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #343
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
So, am I the only one who actually like Shia on Indy 4. Shia has personal issues and he has been annoying in other movies (coughTransformerscough), but I had no problems with his performance in Indy 4. I also like him in Wall Street 2, Lawless, and Holes. As one of the few who actually liked Indy 4 (I think that it's better than Temple of Doom), I'd see an Indy 5.
I've never had a problem with him as Mutt.I wouldn't mind him returning in a 5th film.

We are T. H. E. M.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #344
Bim
Side-Kick

This was posted in the Indy appreciation thread. It should be posted here also, considering the implications for Indy, which i put in bold italics: http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=14102

Quote:
Star Wars Episode VII: Rumour Alert: Harrison Ford Is Back
Reported by Team Jedi News on 27 Oct 2013 10:30

Now THIS is how you start the new week. The news we've all been hoping for has reached us from the mysterious Jedi Master SQL.

Han Solo, Harrison Ford, is back and onboard for Episode Seven, but that's not all. As part of the deal, steps have been made which raise the possibility of Ford donning the famed Fedora hat of Indiana Jones once more.

A verbal agreement with Ford to play Han Solo once more has been in principle place since before the Disney deal. Over the course of this summer financial settlements were reached. The outstanding points that had dragged on but are now resolved are:

* Ford wanted to see the synopsis for his character's development over more than just Episode 7. He saw this in August and is happy with the story arc.
* Ford wanted a commitment to Indy 5. He did not get this as there is no plot line or script in place. What did happen was an agreement was made wherein an outline would be developed by the end of calendar year 2014, and if all parties can agree to it moving forward, efforts would be made to move on Indy 5 for release before the end of 2016.
* Disney wanted a multi film deal with Ford which transcends Episode 7. This has now been agreed.

Exciting news indeed from the Jedi Master. Fans can breath some relief that Han Solo is back, and while we can't quite say Indiana Jones 5 is coming it is exciting that conceptually it's back on the table.

As ever, until confirmed by Lucasfilm, Disney or Bad Robot this is just a rumour, and should be treated as so.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #345
smashmode
House Stark

So the trade off - Indy 5 for 3 star wars movies.

Seems like a fair trade.

smashmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #346
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
This was posted in the Indy appreciation thread. It should be posted here also, considering the implications for Indy, which i put in bold italics: http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=14102
You're kind of late, i think that was even posted here before going to the Indy apreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
What was said in quote was cutted when i quote the message but if you go back to the original it said everything you did

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #347
Bim
Side-Kick

Oops sorry then, i guess i missed that post oh well, there it is again for those who missed it the first time like i did

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #348
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

John Williams looks forward to scoring new ‘Star Wars,’ ‘Indiana Jones’

Quote:
LOS ANGELES—At 81 years old, legendary composer John Williams is busier than ever, as he scores JJ Abrams’ “Star Wars: Episode VII” and is raring to work on Steven Spielberg’s “Indiana Jones 5.” John quipped that he expects to be working until he’s 100 and beyond. The Oscar and Golden Globe awardee’s credit list is staggering as it stands: all six “Star Wars” films, the first three “Harry Potter” films, the “Indiana Jones” films, “E.T., The Extra-Terrestrial,” “Jaws,” “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” and “Schindler’s List,” just to mention a few.
The man, whose career spans six decades, is responsible for some of the most memorable movie-music passages. Most of that hummable cinematic music is from his 40-year collaboration with Steven.
“I met Steven when he was very young, over 40 years ago, when he asked me to do the music for his first feature film, ‘Sugarland Express,’” said John in a recent interview.
“I’m quite a bit older than he,” John said of Steven, his frequent artistic partner. “It’s been, for whatever reason, always a wonderful relationship. Since he is younger than I am, I will try to keep up with him, do the music for ‘Indiana Jones 5.’ I will try to keep up with the other gentlemen, including JJ Abrams, who’s doing ‘Star Wars VII,’ and we will see how long my eyesight will hold out. —That’s the present state of things.”
“I have a little theory about Steven Spielberg, whose father, Arnold, is a most wonderful man,” said the Boston Pops’ Laureate Conductor. “Arnold is well into his 90s. He was always working. I think every man and woman thinks, if your father was working at 90, that’s also what you will do. So, I think Steven expects to be directing 25 years from now—and he fully expects me to be with him. I will be over 100 years old then, so I will do my best.”
http://entertainment.inquirer.net/12...-indiana-jones

~SHH SIX~
Old 11-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #349
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Reading some of these preceding posts achieved the impossible: it restored excitement to this Grinch of a critic's heart. I really want to see another Indiana Jones film now.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #350
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

So do I. I actually liked KOTCS.

~SHH SIX~