The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Who Should Be Dead or Die in the Alt Future in DOFP?
Wolverine 35 52.24%
Professor X 9 13.43%
Beast 16 23.88%
Jean Grey 19 28.36%
Cyclops 14 20.90%
Storm 31 46.27%
NightCrawler 13 19.40%
Colossus 17 25.37%
Angel 20 29.85%
Iceman 8 11.94%
Rogue 9 13.43%
Kitty Pride 4 5.97%
Banshee 16 23.88%
Havok 13 19.40%
Mystique 10 14.93%
Pyro 18 26.87%
Sabretooth 16 23.88%
Juggernaut 16 23.88%
Gambit 14 20.90%
Emma Frost 18 26.87%
Azazel 19 28.36%
Only Miscellaneous X-Men Characters who didnt debut in film 11 16.42%
Other 11 16.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #176
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which X-Men Should die or be dead in DOFP?

I see. I think the one who will actually be dead "for now" in the series by the end will be Wolverine. But we will see...I don't think anyone is "safe" as far as future characters though. Im sure a few will last longer.

Last edited by def28; 10-28-2013 at 10:12 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #177
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

I still think some will be automatically safe because they'd pivotal to the plot. Wolverine can't die because his mind is in the past, so unless he comes back before the future is altered and gets killed then I'd say he's safe. Kitty seems pivotal as well. Professor X already died once and it would be anti-climatic so I don't see them killing him a 2nd time. Iceman seems for certain to be in the plot later on, so he has a very good chance of surviving it all. Rogue as well seems to be a late comer and possibly pivotal.

Of course it doesn't matter who dies or doesn't as it will all be reversed. Those deaths won't count. But that doesn't mean some won't have been killed off screen in the altered future or the younger characters might not even have been born. I doubt that though as you'd think they'd want as many characters left around as possible for future sequel potential.

xDOFPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #178
def28
Side-Kick

I expect there to be complications with Wolverine getting back into his future body. Which could be destroyed or incinerated near the conclusion. He's gonna risk everything to stop the future from happening so if a life or death decision has to be made Im sure he would take the latter to save the future. What would happen if he died in his past body? Wolverine has always been the safe character with now 6 X movies, so I think Singer may switch that up here come the end. We still don't know details on the consequences or rules with how this works. I'm sure Beast and Prof X will explain everything haha

Last edited by def28; 10-28-2013 at 10:47 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #179
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

If his past body dies then Wolverine is stuffed. There's no coming back from that. If his future body is destroyed while his mind is in the past, it wouldn't matter so long as the plan succeeded because that would get reversed. But it would mean his future consciousness would leave the past at the same time his body died. The question is how long does he have to be in the past for the plan to work?

Old 10-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #180
kasjan
Side-Kick

Who cares, who dies or stay alive. When Logan makes change, everybody will gone (even those not killed by Sentinels) and will have new life, in new reality.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:46 AM   #181
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Even if thats the case, they still have to be careful who should they kill or not, especially if they want this movie to be the best X-Men movie. It could affect the story/quality of the movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I find it amusing and a bit baffling that everyone wants death, death and more death.

When that happened in X3, the fans weren't too happy. In that movie, lest we forget, Scott, Xavier and then Jean died, and probably Juggernaut, Callisto, Psylocke and Arclight were obliterated on Alcatraz when Phoenix went nuts; Rogue and Mystique were cured.

There were people - and still are, on here - who didn't even want Jean to die, despite that being what happens in the comics.

So they have to be careful with these deaths. It could look like a repeat of the X3 deaths, and to see everyone resurrected at the end by the timeline changes could make the audience feel they've been manipulated, because the deaths weren't permanent after all. Also, if main characters die at the start of the film, the audience will know that they probably won't be staying dead because they are a main character.
I agree with you!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page

Last edited by psylockolussus; 10-29-2013 at 01:50 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #182
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Now we know Wolverine can't die in past or future because if he does the plan can't succeed. His mind and body has to stay alive or it was all for nothing. So I'd say he is the safest character.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #183
Antihero
Side-Kick

^I hope so.Killing Wolverine would be disastrous for the future movies

Antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #184
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Unless they literally kill him as he wakes up in the altered future then he can't die. The plot demands he lives, so I really doubt he's getting killed off. He will almost certainly be available to be used in sequels - if they want to.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #185
Antihero
Side-Kick

Is it possible to do a movie about Wolverine and co in exclusively in the altered future?

Old 10-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #186
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Yes, I expect there will be an OT character sequel in the altered future. The producers have implied they intend one. We just have to wait and see if it happens.

An altered timeline means they can cherry pick the canon of OT.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:47 AM   #187
Antihero
Side-Kick

^As long as Fox producing X-Men sequels/spinoffs,I don't mind.Just make sure Wolverine plays a part in it