The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Rate the DOFP trailer...
10 22 14.29%
9 30 19.48%
8 39 25.32%
7 26 16.88%
6 15 9.74%
5 11 7.14%
4 7 4.55%
3 1 0.65%
2 1 0.65%
1 2 1.30%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #76
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Default Re: Rate the Days of Future Past trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
I've seen everything so many times with Wolverine.

Top off = 'oh okay'

Stabbing someone with his claws = 'oh okay'

Him being in every movie = 'oh okay'

Him yelling = 'oh okay'

That's the level I am on with Wolverine after 13 years and 7 movies.
Can't blame you. I only really got my awesome Wolverine moments from just X2 and the latest Wolverine. As long as it's done "right" in my mind, I'm all for more.
But enough derailing on my part.

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #77
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
That has lost some appeal for me as a woman. I've seen Wolverine/Hugh with his top off so many times now it's not that exciting anymore.
Speak for yourself.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #78
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Speak for yourself.
You're a woman?

I don't object to him getting his top off, it's a nice sight. But it doesn't have the oomph factor it did in the past. I have his chest memorized I've seen it so many times. The X movies like him half naked

xDOFPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #79
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hopefully there's a SuperBowl ad even if it costs 4 million dollars!
I think Fox will go for it.

The stakes are high. If they market this right the sky's the limit at the box office.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #80
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

5.5 for reasons I have stated in the other parts of the forum.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #81
georgec
Not a hero

The transition from Wolverine saying he's patient, too his yelling, to the Zimmer music from The Thin Red Line was a little jagged, but no biggie.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:34 PM   #82
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
The transition from Wolverine saying he's patient, too his yelling, to the Zimmer music from The Thin Red Line was a little jagged, but no biggie.
Actually I didn't like that! The music was so quiet and calm then boom, Wolverine shouts!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #83
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Iím rooting for the film and for Singer, but the trailer was a little underwhelming. Maybe Iíve just become too accustomed to strongly stylized visuals, but the whole thing seemed pretty pedestrian to me. The new characters are just unknown actors in colorful make-up, the crowd scenes are kind of small, and the action comes off as mundane. Itís people being dragged through the ground, glass breaking, a flame, a gunshot or a stabbing here and there... Also, thereís the use of the Thin Red Line music, which I Ė and I assume many others Ė already associate with Man of Steel. The vibe of the thing was very dramatic, but the blandness of the visuals pulled it back. It definitely pales next to the First Class trailer Ė which was so awesome it even managed the feat of converting haters, I remember.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Nemeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #84
Rorschach2012
$

Disappointed, and I had crazy high hopes for this :/

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #85
Mr.M
Side-Kick

What's the problem for this flick thus far? A bunch of characters Joe Shmoe couldn't give two ****s about. Namely, Blink, Warpath, Sunspot. The fan faves like Rogue once again appears as a damsel in distress. And people are tired of Wolverine being shoved down their throats, evident with the underperformance of The Wolverine. So this flick has a lot to overcome. There are just too many question marks for the average Joe. He's asking himself, "Do I want Wolverine shoe-horned up my ass again? Are the Sentinels even in this? What the hell is the plot exactly?" So this isn't going to help Fox's case.

Next trailer needs a complete 180. It needs to show Sentinels right off the bat. Forebode the ominous future, and then bam, Sentinel action. More OT cast with less Wolverine, especially 1973 Wolverine tearing **** up and healing after being shot. Then clear up the plot for people. At least explain why Wolverine has to yet again be front and center, and then lay some groundwork for the mission, and why this plan is going to pay off.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #86
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
What's the problem for this flick thus far? A bunch of characters Joe Shmoe couldn't give two ****s about. Namely, Blink, Warpath, Sunspot. The fan faves like Rogue once again appears as a damsel in distress. And people are tired of Wolverine being shoved down their throats, evident with the underperformance of The Wolverine. So this flick has a lot to overcome. There are just too many question marks for the average Joe. He's asking himself, "Do I want Wolverine shoe-horned down my throat again? Are the Sentinels even in this? What the hell is the plot exactly?" So this isn't going to help Fox's case.

Next trailer needs a complete 180. It needs to show Sentinels right off the bat. Forebode the ominous future, and then bam, Sentinel action. More OT cast with less Wolverine, especially past Wolverine tearing **** up and healing after being shot. Then clear up the plot for people. At least explain why Wolverine has to yet again be front and center, and then lay some groundwork for the mission, and why this plan is going to pay off.
I will keep my reaction simple

Old 10-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #87
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I will keep my reaction simple
Make mine a double.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #88
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
It's an in betweener for me. Some good parts but not the most memorable or exciting trailer I've seen.
agree.

I gave it a 7.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #89
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Personally,I was blown away by it.I gave it a 9.I was taking a "Sounds promising-but lets wait and see" stance.It certainly hyped me up for the film double time.

Contrast this with the Winter Soldier trailer (probably the film I'm most looking forward to) which I really didn't feel compelled to watch more than once.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #90
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

7/10 Good but a little underwhelming, maybe this is a good thing though as expectations may have been getting carried away and the fact half of it had been leaked didnt help it I guess.

Coming off the back of the Cap trailer doesnt help but thats not its fault. Will be interesting to see which film is better though as is only a trailer after all.

Next year will be interesting.......

Old 10-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #91
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Make mine a double.
If they wanted Avengers level hype, they've failed on every level. This is more of a The Dark Knight Rises type trailer. Great, since that is what the movie appears to be going for. And I loved TDKR for the most part.

But how do you get TDKR level box office? You need the good will of TDK, which this film doesn't have. No one is going to debate that FC was poorly executed film, but it wasn't on that level.

This movie has to give audiences a reason to care. It has to show the stakes. Right now, all people are going to get out of that is a bunch of obscure mutants hiding out in a temple for whatever reason. What future are we trying to avoid? I'd like to see the next trailer incorporate some of the inevitable monologue that will establish this dystopian future, so Joe Shmoe at least has something to work with. How and why are the mutants close to extinction so suddenly? Then you can transition to Trask's background and Trask Industries and US/government policy in 1973 to expand and why we are in this time and place.

I'm not a believer of giving the entire plot away in a trailer, let alone a teaser. But you got nothing to go by here to sell this thing beyond the established barometers, and have given audiences what they've already seen. Wolverine money shots are not going to cut it anymore. Older Magneto/Xavier teaming up. Mystique crying and getting all emotional (with some fancy gymnastics in between). That's repetition and it doesn't move the story forward or sell the movie.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #92
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

The avengers gave us a big team battle and ever since that film its like everyone is expecting that with X-men, but hmm... Singer isn't Whedon

Old 10-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #93
GenUsername
Side-Kick

I didn't vote but I don't think it was a good trailer.

It seems like it was edited by a fan using short clips found on YouTube. The music is also VERY common and overused, I believe I heard it on the "Top Gear" last week. It's also the music used in anti-piracy ads that run before every film in the UK, so it's a very well known piece.

I know I'm gonna watch the film regardless but that trailer was poorly edited. The only thing I took from it is that there's a bunch of characters that I barely recognise, people crying and people screaming.

I understand it was put together for comic-con, so I'm guessing it was rushed together by the production team themselves. That works for a room full of fanboys but as a main trailer it falls flat. Personally I would have hired professionals.

I'm also guessing that Fox needed to push a trailer out in order to attach it to Thor and Hunger Games. They might have put it next to The Hobbit, Anchorman and Jack Ryan, those films come out later and they could have completed some "money shots" by then too, but due to Jack Ryan moving they had to rush it out now.

GenUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #94
Storm22
Side-Kick

I loved the teaser. It did exactly what a teaser should do, establish the tone of the film, not giving too much away. My only complaint is the choice of music, not that I don't like it, but I felt Hans Zimmer's Time was more powerful.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #95
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
What's the problem for this flick thus far? A bunch of characters Joe Shmoe couldn't give two ****s about. Namely, Blink, Warpath, Sunspot. The fan faves like Rogue once again appears as a damsel in distress. And people are tired of Wolverine being shoved down their throats, evident with the underperformance of The Wolverine. So this flick has a lot to overcome. There are just too many question marks for the average Joe. He's asking himself, "Do I want Wolverine shoe-horned up my ass again? Are the Sentinels even in this? What the hell is the plot exactly?" So this isn't going to help Fox's case.

Next trailer needs a complete 180. It needs to show Sentinels right off the bat. Forebode the ominous future, and then bam, Sentinel action. More OT cast with less Wolverine, especially 1973 Wolverine tearing **** up and healing after being shot. Then clear up the plot for people. At least explain why Wolverine has to yet again be front and center, and then lay some groundwork for the mission, and why this plan is going to pay off.
You aren't giving the general audience any credit at all - it's clear in the trailer that they outlined what the general plot is: sending Wolvie back to correct the past. It's made pretty damn clear in the teaser. My boyfriend is a "joe schmoe" and he understood every bit of it.

Now the details of stopping Mystique from assassinating someone, the means of time travel and other plot details that can wait for the second trailer, no need to bombard the audience with everything in one trailer. It set the tone, the look, and feel for the entire movie.

As far as having no Sentinels - most of the general audience don't even know or have a general idea of what a sentinel is to begin with so them being absent is moot. Not to mention it's a nice save for a later trailer!

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #96
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
If they wanted Avengers level hype, they've failed on every level. This is more of a The Dark Knight Rises type trailer. Great, since that is what the movie appears to be going for. And I loved TDKR for the most part.

But how do you get TDKR level box office? You need the good will of TDK, which this film doesn't have. No one is going to debate that FC was poorly executed film, but it wasn't on that level.

This movie has to give audiences a reason to care. It has to show the stakes. Right now, all people are going to get out of that is a bunch of obscure mutants hiding out in a temple for whatever reason. What future are we trying to avoid? I'd like to see the next trailer incorporate some of the inevitable monologue that will establish this dystopian future, so Joe Shmoe at least has something to work with. How and why are the mutants close to extinction so suddenly? Then you can transition to Trask's background and Trask Industries and US/government policy in 1973 to expand and why we are in this time and place.

I'm not a believer of giving the entire plot away in a trailer, let alone a teaser. But you got nothing to go by here to sell this thing beyond the established barometers, and have given audiences what they've already seen. Wolverine money shots are not going to cut it anymore. Older Magneto/Xavier teaming up. Mystique crying and getting all emotional (with some fancy gymnastics in between). That's repetition and it doesn't move the story forward or sell the movie.
But to get TDK level box office you needed the good will of Batman Begins which is comparable to First Class.

I'm not saying DOFP will match TDK's box office but it should experience a sizable increase from previous X-men movies.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #97
Mystique's Leg
Side-Kick

8/10.

-1: that sloppy transition
- 1: the score

It's all about the characters and to me they're rightfully the reason why I want to see this movie. So the trailer succeeds IMO. Most blockbusters seem to go with action scenes, which are often more revealing than character shots. Thus, I'm happy Singer didn't go for the action, since we're months away of the release.

Mystique's Leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #98
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Quote:
How bout they just go ahead and show you the whole damn movie?

Old 10-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #99
Marvel
Side-Kick

Honestly, I didn't think that was a very good trailer. Still anticipating the movie, though.

Nothing bad but nothing remarkable. Why not wait for some Sentinel CGI and make a bigger first impression? Maybe they just needed something to play before Thor to get all those eyeballs on the prize?

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:16 PM   #100
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
The avengers gave us a big team battle and ever since that film its like everyone is expecting that with X-men, but hmm... Singer isn't Whedon
X-Men is usually a team that gets in big battles though. Even in X3. Its not just cause of Avengers. I think people always wanted something like that scene done in X-Men. And now they have a story with the scale in DOFP.

The idea of this flick sounds really epic, so thats gonna cause expectations and comparisons.

Last edited by def28; 10-29-2013 at 04:20 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote