The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...
Love it! 92 36.51%
It's okay... 56 22.22%
Hate it! 104 41.27%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 2

Not to mention he could simply mean, why should I apologize for the twist in Iron Man 3, Marvel made 1.2 Billion off the movie with it ranking number 5 on the world wide and the twist was a large part of it's success. They are a company after all, but that doesn't mean that if the opportunity comes along for Marvel to earn more money off of something that they won't use it as well. Also, double twists can work well with audiences for example. In Agents of Shield in "Eye Spy" they track down a girl "Akela Amador" who stole a brief case. However, when they find her she is being controlled by someone else (First Twist), and then they track down the source of who is controlling her, only to find that he was being controlled by someone else (Second Twist). For me it was the best episode to date. So, my point is that multiple interpretations can be drawn from Drew's comment, but it does not definitively leave out Marvel doing a different take on the Mandarin moving forward.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote