The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Sony

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #251
Benstamania
Finished The Fight
 
Benstamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 20,315
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

You've never been a disgruntled employee? Ever? Read what I posted above there.. He's been greatly unhappy with the direction of the company (Xbox division) for the past 20 months. He also very rarely talks normal.. He types in code so places like IGN etc can't copy and paste what he says... It also helps him not get caught.

You're right, I suppose he can't tell if PSN will be better.. But if Live end up as bad as he's hinting it's not like PSN would have to try hard to be better. The only thing Live had over them was party chat to begin with.. Now that's out the window..

If you question whether or not he's legit or not he has one of them highest track records on Neogaf and has been confirming, denying, leaking stuff since the original 360 days.

__________________
PSN: Benstamania
Xbox Live: OverBenthousand

Revelation 22:20

Last edited by Benstamania; 10-29-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Benstamania is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #252
Benstamania
Finished The Fight
 
Benstamania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 20,315
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

A short list of his leaks.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=8...postcount=1058

__________________
PSN: Benstamania
Xbox Live: OverBenthousand

Revelation 22:20
Benstamania is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #253
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,463
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
You've never been a disgruntled employee? Ever? Read what I posted above there.. He's been greatly unhappy with the direction of the company (Xbox division) for the past 20 months. He also very rarely talks normal.. He types in code so places like IGN etc can't copy and paste what he says... It also helps him not get caught.

You're right, I suppose he can't tell if PSN will be better.. But if Live end up as bad as he's hinting it's not like PSN would have to try hard to be better. The only thing Live had over them was party chat to begin with.. Now that's out the window..

If you question whether or not he's legit or not he has one of them highest track records on Neogaf and has been confirming, denying, leaking stuff since the original 360 days.
In all honesty? Nope, never. Ive had 5 jobs in my lifetime and have been fortunate to have always had decent bosses. I had one that was pretty neurotic but he was desperate to keep me around and I left bc I got a better position elsewhere. Ive never had a job that I hated or company that I worked for. Even if I was a disgruntled employee, I would NEVER say anything that would jeopardize my employment for obvious reasons, especially not on the internet where you leave a digital paper trail so to speak.

Havok83 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #254
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,570
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

It seems like its gonna be a rough few weeks for both companies with these leaks leading up to launch

Donut is online now  
Old 10-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #255
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert
 
SpideyVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The little part of the Big Apple
Posts: 20,825
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

I didn't realize that DS4's are already available. I'm not planning on getting a PS4 until next year, but I kinda feel like buying a spare controller now just to have one.

__________________
SpideyVille is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #256
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!
 
StrainedEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: WA
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I didn't realize that DS4's are already available. I'm not planning on getting a PS4 until next year, but I kinda feel like buying a spare controller now just to have one.
The DS4 works with many PS3 games when it is plugged in, so it'd work well for a spare controller. Here is a reddit thread finding which games work and which don't.

__________________
Top of the world, all that's around you is beneath me
Me learnin' from your mistakes is the only way you can teach me.
StrainedEyes is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #257
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,768
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Even if I was a disgruntled employee, I would NEVER say anything that would jeopardize my employment
Even if you have information that would be of interest to potentially millions of people?

Soapy is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #258
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert
 
SpideyVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The little part of the Big Apple
Posts: 20,825
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
The DS4 works with many PS3 games when it is plugged in, so it'd work well for a spare controller. Here is a reddit thread finding which games work and which don't.
That's awesome, thanks. I think I'll get one now then and test it out in a few weeks when I go on a little shopping spree.

__________________
SpideyVille is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #259
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,826
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

I'm really bummed it won't be backwards compatible. I was hoping to sell my PS3 to get a PS4.

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #260
Tron Bonne
Climaxing
 
Tron Bonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Year 70XX
Posts: 26,462
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

It does suck that Sony and MS pretty much threw BC out this gen. You can always keep your old consoles, but it's just so convenient not to worry about them anymore.

__________________
"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #261
Doc Ock
10 years ago...
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,869
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

I was hoping there would at least be PS1 backwards compatibility.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is online now  
Old 10-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #262
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 52,769
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Even if you have information that would be of interest to potentially millions of people?
Only if you're getting paid enough money to make you financially secure for the rest of your life. If exposed you're not only going to lose your job but who's going to employ someone who's been shown to be disloyal and will leak company secrets just to look cool to some kids on the internet. You're risking your family's future just so you can be a CBOAT when you get home! I guess if you don't have a family or much of a life outside of Neogaf it's easier to be reckless and the attention is more important.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #263
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 52,769
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
It does suck that Sony and MS pretty much threw BC out this gen. You can always keep your old consoles, but it's just so convenient not to worry about them anymore.
Yeah, if future consoles were backward compatible lack of space and too many boxes and wires wouldn't be an issue. I would pretty much always upgrade my Xbox, PS & Nintendo system to the most recent one but at the moment I'm stuck with hundreds of games for old systems that would no longer work and that I don't want to just get rid off. I haven't got room for 3 new systems as well as a new pc so I'm forcing myself to only go with one while my neighbour gets the other (& neither of us get a Nintendo).

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #264
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert
 
SpideyVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The little part of the Big Apple
Posts: 20,825
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Convenience is all it really is. I mean, could you play NES games on a SNES, or SNES on Gamecube? No, and that's what made the Wii's Virtual Console such a great idea at the time, since it was supposed to be an easy, affordable and convenient way of reliving all of your favorite childhood games on one console. But even with that, there were plenty of games that were never available and if you really wanted to play it again, you had the option of waiting to see if they would add it eventually, or just hook up your old system to play it.

__________________
SpideyVille is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #265
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,463
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I was hoping there would at least be PS1 backwards compatibility.
I think there's at least hope that it could be added via a future update. Vita didnt launch with B/C but it came later on. The PS4 really should be able to handle software emulation of PS1 titles, and I'd assume PS2 at this point. BUT I can see them intentionally leaving at least PS1 off in order to give VitaTV an exclusive feature that they can sell

Havok83 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #266
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 52,769
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Convenience is all it really is. I mean, could you play NES games on a SNES, or SNES on Gamecube? No, and that's what made the Wii's Virtual Console such a great idea at the time, since it was supposed to be an easy, affordable and convenient way of reliving all of your favorite childhood games on one console. But even with that, there were plenty of games that were never available and if you really wanted to play it again, you had the option of waiting to see if they would add it eventually, or just hook up your old system to play it.
Yeah and it makes the decision simple for serious gamers who can afford it. But even well-off hardcore gamers don't usually have space for 17 systems. I'd buy all new consoles at launch if it were the case and sell or give away the old ones. Could keep each of the 3 linked to a TV in a different room so that they all get used. As of now, despite very much wanting to, I hardly ever replay my old consoles as it involves work getting them out and setting them up and then putting them back.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #267
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 52,769
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Well I read the Blu-ray feature doesn't work without first updating the PS4 and activating on the internet. Which is weird since the PS3 didn't have that problem.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/25/5...out-of-the-box



http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...-1-50-details/
I can't open the links from where I am at the moment. Is it a one-off activation or every time? One off should be no problem. I want to find out how good the PS4 player is in a home cinema system. The PS3 saw me through a good 4 or so years as a top player.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #268
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!
 
StrainedEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: WA
Posts: 16,305
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I can't open the links from where I am at the moment. Is it a one-off activation or every time? One off should be no problem. I want to find out how good the PS4 player is in a home cinema system. The PS3 saw me through a good 4 or so years as a top player.
DVD/Blu-Ray movie functionality is part of the day one patch. So you just need to install it and it'll work fine.

__________________
Top of the world, all that's around you is beneath me
Me learnin' from your mistakes is the only way you can teach me.
StrainedEyes is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #269
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 52,769
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
DVD/Blu-Ray movie functionality is part of the day one patch. So you just need to install it and it'll work fine.
Oh that's no problem at all. At the moment my neighbour is getting a PS4 which I'll be playing on quite regularly but if the blu-ray player is high end I might just get it anyway. $400 is pretty cheap.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #270
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,463
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Target is having a B2G1 sale on PS4 launch games on launch week

Havok83 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #271
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue
 
UltimateWebhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8,961
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Are people widely concerned about the launch PS4 consoles? I'm getting a launch system. Is there some issue to make me concerned as well?

I know the PS3 went thru several iterations before they were able to make a more reliable system, i.e YLOD, newer models run more efficiently power-wise, run cooler, etc. But shouldn't they have learned from those errors and make a first-gen PS4 that follows that learning curve?

UltimateWebhead is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #272
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,463
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Are people widely concerned about the launch PS4 consoles? I'm getting a launch system. Is there some issue to make me concerned as well?

I know the PS3 went thru several iterations before they were able to make a more reliable system, i.e YLOD, newer models run more efficiently power-wise, run cooler, etc. But shouldn't they have learned from those errors and make a first-gen PS4 that follows that learning curve?
thats part of the reason why games will require an install. Since they wont run off the disc, that saves alot of power off the bat. Besides many problems associated with consoles since the PS1 generation has been due to the disc drive so this should alleviate that. The PS4 should be more efficent and less likely to break down

Havok83 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #273
eternalinferno
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,542
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Target is having a B2G1 sale on PS4 launch games on launch week
That's awesome. I can't think of a third launch title I'd want tho, I'd def pick up kz: shadow fall and AC4 but idk what else. (I'm not interested in battlefield 4 or cod ghosts)

eternalinferno is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #274
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,463
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalinferno View Post
That's awesome. I can't think of a third launch title I'd want tho, I'd def pick up kz: shadow fall and AC4 but idk what else. (I'm not interested in battlefield 4 or cod ghosts)
Already have KZ preordered for $25. B2G1 amounts to $40 a game but there aren't really any launch ones I want. $30-35 is my limit. If I were to jump on this, it would be for KZ, AC and maybe COD, but honestly, I really dont want AC or COD now and definetly not willing to pay $40 for them

Havok83 is offline  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #275
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing
 
Electro UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mega-City 01
Posts: 14,306
Default Re: The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

It'll be less than a month away for me come tomorrow. That's a nice feeling, even if I'm still not super-pumped.

__________________
"That's what you think, Judge!"
"That's what I know, creep!"
Electro UK is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.