Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 05:43 AM   #901
Slick
Monster King

Default Re: Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
If you like shonens like FMA and Fairy Tail then i recomend to you Hunter X Hunter, the new version of 2011 though, the original changed a lot of stuff from the manga and left most things unresolved.
Heard noting but good things about Hunter X Hunter both versions. I hear that the 2011 one is the superior version tho like FMA:BH thanks I will check that one out too.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #902
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
Second the recommendation. Hunter X Hunter 2011 is quite fantastic.

Fate/Zero is another. Best fantasy-action anime of 2012 IMO.
i remember an anime forum i go now and then giving Fate/ Zero the prize of best anime of the year, it's definitelly something i will check out one day, that one and the prequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
Have you finished watching FMA:BH? The first series was pretty good, but this later (and more faithful) series is something else! The action, the plot, the characters -- was on another level for me.
I know it's not targeted to me but i actually think the first anime was better, but they were both very different, i think the manga (and Brotherhood) had a better story, but i found the original to have a heavier and darker athmosphere, with a more realistic portrayal of emotions.

Either way i think both are worth checking out, Brotherhood cut some thing that the original already did, so one kind of completes the other, and i think both had strong villain, Father was an interesting villain who tied into the origin of the brothers and had a well thought plan, while Dante was creepier and made Edward question if the rule of equal Exchange really applies to the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 10-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #903
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
i remember an anime forum i go now and then giving Fate/ Zero the prize of best anime of the year, it's definitelly something i will check out one day, that one and the prequel.
Has been voted as the best anime of the year on more than one forum/blog if I recall. One word to describe Fate/Zero -- lush. Fate/Zero is actually the prequel. Fate/Stay Night takes place after the events in Zero.

Quote:
I know it's not targeted to me but i actually think the first anime was better, but they were both very different, i think the manga (and Brotherhood) had a better story, but i found the original to have a heavier and darker athmosphere, with a more realistic portrayal of emotions.

Either way i think both are worth checking out, Brotherhood cut some thing that the original already did, so one kind of completes the other, and i think both had strong villain, Father was an interesting villain who tied into the origin of the brothers and had a well thought plan, while Dante was creepier and made Edward question if the rule of equal Exchange really applies to the world.
Yep, agree. You probably could say the first was more 'adult', while the second was more typically shonen. I like the second a bit more cos it was more faithful to the source material, and the world was larger, more immersive.

Dante was a creepier villain though, and the deaths generally more haunting.

But I liked both for what they each brought to the viewing table.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #904
KevanG
Brony

So I just finished watching neon genesis evangelion including the end of evangelion movie and I got lost somewhere in the last few episodes and never got back.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 10-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #905
Slick
Monster King

Yeah trust me being lost with NGE ain't noting new my friend join the club lol excellent series though. Have you watched the new movies that they released?
The first movie is just a retelling of the first six episodes with some minor differences but the Second movie is EPIC! That's the one where the changes really begins.

The third movie is not out in the states yet most likely next year but you can watch it threw torrent if you don't mind subtitles and that's all say about that movie.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #906
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Chobits
Welcome to the NHK

Old 10-22-2013, 03:56 AM   #907
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

So after finishing the first season of Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack On Titan) I'm pretty sure it'll rank as one of my personal favorites and quite frankly one of the most revolutionary anime in terms of applying everything the "darker" shonen anime have been trying to do for the past 13 year and perfectly incorporating it into its story and characters.

The fact that the mangaka actually plans on ending it in less than 20 volumes says a lot. He has a clear and concise goal and the lack of filler is helping this become one of the most heart felt stories I've ever seen/read in the genre in the past few years. I mean we've gotten quite a bit of good stuff these past few years but Titan is on a whole other level.

This isn't even mentioning the amazing job that Production I.G (Wit) did along with composer Hiroyuki Sawana (you haven't lived until you've heard this shows OST, I'm not even kidding it's that good). Major Kudos to Tetsuro Araki too who directed the hell out of this show. He was also responsible for directing Death Note.

Here's hoping for a second season. I don't think I really need to hope because the ratings were great for the show and not to mention the manga is selling well along with all the ancillary material too.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 10-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #908
Nathan

Kill la Kill

It's so wonderfully absurd.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 10-29-2013, 12:06 AM   #909
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Welcome to the NHK

...and looks like Netflix removed a lot of the series i was working through...Soul Eater, Darker Than Black...and the few I revisit every now and then...Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club...

Old 10-29-2013, 03:05 AM   #910
misjuevos
I am Groot

after sword art online i was looking for more. came across accel world. it is set in the same universe, but in the future. was interesting to see the nervegear advanced. they what looks like a headband. they wear around their necks. it puts the web in your head. also projects the ui over your field of vision. like iron man's hud. the series didn't pan out like i expected. most of the story setups never paid off, and are left open.

started watching attack on titan last week, so far i'm liking it. only about 5 episodes in.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:57 AM   #911
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

Gantz

Old 10-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #912
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

Kill La Kill 1-4
Just as over the top as Gurren Lagann and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. That whole scene with the family having dinner was bats**t crazy.

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 10-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #913
Nathan

Episode 4 was completely nuts.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #914
kryptonjedi
Newbie First Class

Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal

Old 10-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #915
KevanG
Brony

So I finished the first episode of the NGE movies an halfway through the second and it's well done. It goes in a totally different direction from the series after episode 1.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 10-30-2013, 09:35 PM   #916
whywhywhy

I jump around between series a lot, right now I'm watching Fairy Tail (10), Shuffle (16), Bleach (269), Dog Days (6), and Mirai Nikki (17).
Not simultaneously in 5 windows, obviously, but a few episodes of one or another depending on my mood.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:02 AM   #917
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:

I prefer Brotherhood myself. Not only does it have a better story, but characters who were underused in the first series got much more to do and a lot more development, Riza being the biggest example. Also, it had interesting characters like Lin, Lan Fan, May, Olivier, etc who didn't appear in the first show at all.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #918
childeroland
Side-Kick

Enjoying Shin Sekai Yori a lot. Finally finished Infinite Stratos and Robotics Notes.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

"If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of."
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

Old 11-03-2013, 02:08 AM   #919
Slick
Monster King

Just finished watching Kill La Kill great first episode. Now gonna watch the next four.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #920
Fading
>:(

Haven't posted on this site in awhile, but was skimming through, and thought I'd second Fate, both Stay, and Zero. Zero was of better quality, but Stay is still kind of the main dish to me since it's how the story ends, and shows what zero set up. Zero did everything on a higher level though, it's definitely the more enjoyable to watch.

I'm still watching Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, and hoping after the Misaka side story series Railgun, that they'll go back to Index. Railgun gained a main char with a more exciting ability, but IMO, lost out on the personal character stories, and overall larger arcs, in favor of fluffier stories, and a smaller (and again IMO), weaker cast. I like both series however.

Also fully caught up the Monogatari series since my time off the site, and ended up liking it a lot actually. I was afraid it would be overly pretentious based on a few reviews I read, but it really wasn't as bad as a few made it out to be. It's a bit more artsy in style than your typical anime, and pretty wordy, but the story, and dialogue are good. Same with the humor, and action when it pops up.

Since I don't want to take up a ton of space, I'll give a quick list of a few more I watched this last year or so that I don't think I've talked about on here yet.

Muv Luv - Liked it. Mech anime. Monsters weren't the best though villains though.
Blue Exorcist, and Black Cat, both good action series with some comedy, liked Black Cat more.
Sora no Otoshimono, liked it, though I wish the main char would back off the perv stuff a bit. It can be funny, but it's too strong of a dose.
Little Busters - I had to read a bit about the light visual novel to understand the end, but liked it. It's made by the Clannad, and Angel Beats crew, so you know what to expect more or less.
Kaichou wa Maid-sama - A good, funny series.
Mondaiji tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Soudesuyo - 3 kids with powers from different era's teleported to a MMO style world. Fighting in gift games to help a community. Black Rabbit (Kuro Usagi) makes the show though. The stories light, but the humor and actions good.
Dantalian no Shoka - I watched this, and Gosick, to fill in the gap after finishing Kami-sama no Memo-chou. I was wanting another detective series, and liked this better than Gosick (liked both though). Hyouka's another good one in this vein, though the puzzles solved are more high school level than murder mysteries.
Persona 4 - Not getting a Vita yet, and loved Persona 3, so decided to go ahead and watch the anime for 4. I liked it, just made me sad realizing I'll still need to wait to actually play 4 though.
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - Action comedy, liked it.
Seitokai Yakuindomo - A long, hilarious string of sex jokes when a guy joins a formerly all girl highschool, and is forced to join the student council.
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu - Good, funny series.

There's more, but I've already typed a lot, heh.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #921
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Welcome to the NHK "Welcome to the NHK"

Old 11-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #922
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

Death Note
Episodes 1-4

Old 11-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #923
childeroland
Side-Kick

Going through Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun again. Very dumb, but a lot more fun than it should be.

Shin Sekai Yori really does kick all kinds of ass. Almost as good as Hanasaku Iroha and Denzu Coil.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

"If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of."
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

Old 11-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #924
ssj wolverine
Plenty have tried pal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Death Note
Episodes 1-4
you are going to love the rest of this series. Incredible cat and mouse game throughout. Very well written.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #925
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj wolverine View Post
you are going to love the rest of this series. Incredible cat and mouse game throughout. Very well written.
Not my first time watching it

Closed Thread